Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Still sorting. Pile of GB, GBC, GBA carts (tease and terrible photo)

16 lbs...not sure how many carts are in there.

These are all second hand buys. 95% of my 'retro' collection is non retail.

8Hhtt8r.jpg

This. Definitely a great collection...but I am worried for your Xbox One!
I know I need more room, too many components in there. Xbox One was a recent add as I had gotten rid of it for the PS4 but bought one again when a friend got one, so for the time being I just put it in the most open spot.

Still sorting. Pile of GB, GBC, GBA carts (tease and terrible photo)

16 lbs...not sure how many carts are in there.

These are all second hand buys. 95% of my 'retro' collection is non retail.
Damn, 16 pounds? How does 1 GB game weight? Gotta be like, 1 oz... meaning there's 250+ games in there.

Damn, 16 pounds? How does 1 GB game weight? Gotta be like, 1 oz... meaning there's 250+ games in there.
Probably...and I traded in a ton of them when amazon had those $21 TIV for loose carts. I actually have more that I haven't added to the pile and of course my boxed ones/sealed ones are not pictured. I discovered I am greatly underestimating the amount of stuff I have. I really wish I could get my collection in display condition, but it will take me years and a bigger home.

I do have a lot of junk games too though. That tends to happen when I buy everything for a few gems.

A conservative estimate would be 4,000 games if I count multiples.

After finally completing the micro collection the other day I really wanted to build something to properly display them. So, ran to Home Depot at like 8:55 right after tucking in the wife and son, then headed over to the workshop ;)

3 or so hours later this was the result

D6009B0F-8605-49E3-AAE8-18F53D65B58F.jpg

Damn that's nice. 

What's the backing on that? Is that an actual mirror or some kind of reflective sheet? Also, what about the little sign, did you make that or is that a store display of some type? 

Damn that's nice.

What's the backing on that? Is that an actual mirror or some kind of reflective sheet? Also, what about the little sign, did you make that or is that a store display of some type?
It's most likely a mirror. The logo is actually on the mirror, so it's just the see through part where the light can shine through to give off that neon effect. And this is wiggy, I'm pretty sure he made it. ;D

I'm sure if he could he would've just made his wife, but it's easier just to get a real one. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Square you know me all too well ;)

It's all built from scratch. Pine frame, laser cut/etched clear acrylic backing, and obviously some LED lighting ;)

14A8C25F-7824-4353-BD84-E664088D47F1.jpg

7D7A8320-870E-4308-B12D-C9E6A0CC977F.jpg

BB21F2DC-5F09-4476-BC71-BF1F06F247D1.jpg

B2E65BF1-440F-44DF-B440-D38EC9F034BD_1.jpg

910F8D0F-BFF4-48E7-A42B-6D74FA930C2D.jpg

The micro's cart port is on the bottom, so building a stand/support for it was SUPER easy. Just a little L bracket in the shape of a cart for each unit ;)

Vita Collection Update.

Its small but I love my Vita. As you can see, its mostly JPN games. Got myself some imports, would be getting more

Spent most the weekend coming up with a list of Wii games I still need for my collection. Difficult to get an easy accurate number because Wikipedia has a bunch that never came out, or never came out in the US but they still list as US so I had to do a lot of cross referencing with other internet sites (gamestops website surprisingly has about 98% of the Wii games ever produced cataloged and I only found like 3 games they have listed that I don't believe ever were released and they just never took them down) but I ended up with a pretty good estimate. I'm estimating I still need 495 games and my current collection is 781.

Spent most the weekend coming up with a list of Wii games I still need for my collection. Difficult to get an easy accurate number because Wikipedia has a bunch that never came out, or never came out in the US but they still list as US so I had to do a lot of cross referencing with other internet sites (gamestops website surprisingly has about 98% of the Wii games ever produced cataloged and I only found like 3 games they have listed that I don't believe ever were released and they just never took them down) but I ended up with a pretty good estimate. I'm estimating I still need 495 games and my current collection is 781.
Any of them stand out from the rest?

I have many games. Unfortunately, not for the Vita. :(

I need moar Vita games.

Ill post up PS3 stuffs next
LOL - I pondered getting a Vita but the moment Sony launched it, I felt it was going to fail -- and well, it pretty much is near the point where the only one who considers it not dead is Sony PR.

It's decisions like the Vita and that crazy $1000+ Walkman Sony put out that reinforce why the company is bleeding money left and right. 5 yrs. from now, Sony is very likely going to be a MUCH smaller company than it is today.

Square you know me all too well ;)

It's all built from scratch. Pine frame, laser cut/etched clear acrylic backing, and obviously some LED lighting ;)

14A8C25F-7824-4353-BD84-E664088D47F1.jpg

BB21F2DC-5F09-4476-BC71-BF1F06F247D1.jpg

B2E65BF1-440F-44DF-B440-D38EC9F034BD_1.jpg

910F8D0F-BFF4-48E7-A42B-6D74FA930C2D.jpg

The micro's cart port is on the bottom, so building a stand/support for it was SUPER easy. Just a little L bracket in the shape of a cart for each unit ;)
That is impressive! I am floored by that creation.

Any of them stand out from the rest?
My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold is the only super pricey one I have left that I'm aware of. There are a bunch I still need that hover in the $40 range. By making this list I found out there is a Jerry Rice and his dog football game so yeah that stands out.

Edit: Scratch that. I just bought Horse & Me: Riding for Gold. Someone listed one on ebay for a good $25-30 cheaper than they had been listing for so I bit. I just sold my big 4 opened amiibos for $165 yesterday (realized I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to collect them all too so I'm only getting the one's I'm interested in) so I figured why not.

After finally completing the micro collection the other day I really wanted to build something to properly display them. So, ran to Home Depot at like 8:55 right after tucking in the wife and son, then headed over to the workshop ;)

3 or so hours later this was the result

D6009B0F-8605-49E3-AAE8-18F53D65B58F.jpg
Beautiful display. I haven't owned a micro yet. I need to try one out since I thought they weren't that cool back in the day. I missed so many systems of Gameboys. Did you buy those in stores or other avenues?

My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold is the only super pricey one I have left that I'm aware of. There are a bunch I still need that hover in the $40 range. By making this list I found out there is a Jerry Rice and his dog football game so yeah that stands out.

Edit: Scratch that. I just bought Horse & Me: Riding for Gold. Someone listed one on ebay for a good $25-30 cheaper than they had been listing for so I bit. I just sold my big 4 opened amiibos for $165 yesterday (realized I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to collect them all too so I'm only getting the one's I'm interested in) so I figured why not.
I'm still not sure about those figures. I'm in the gameboy and N64 mode.

WOW. Now is the time to be going to second hand shops. I see wii games every time when I go out to our second hand jobs. I only have about fifty wii games. If I see one I like I will buy it. Also try the game websites wicked deals how I got some of my stuff.

Beautiful display. I haven't owned a micro yet. I need to try one out since I thought they weren't that cool back in the day. I missed so many systems of Gameboys. Did you buy those in stores or other avenues?
I'm still not sure about those figures. I'm in the gameboy and N64 mode.
WOW. Now is the time to be going to second hand shops. I see wii games every time when I go out to our second hand jobs. I only have about fifty wii games. If I see one I like I will buy it. Also try the game websites wicked deals how I got some of my stuff.
If you're the last poster in a thread, please don't continue to post, especially when it's within minutes of your last post. ;P

I know this thread is awesome and all, but we should still try our best to keep the clutter posts down. ^__^

I'll get in on the fun.  This is about 40% of my stuff, but the rest is packed up away due to lack of space.  Also, I'll be opening those amiibos...soon...i promise.  I'll have to find a new home for my Popple soon.

Top shelf

9lGHzMu.jpg

CEs that don't fit on top shelf

7kA0dlk.jpg

Console Games

4LJxxLa.jpg

3DS Games

bcTHUq0.jpg

Vita Games

pTU8g42.jpg

3DS Consoles

UXrqXOn.jpg

DVDs/Blu-rays

BfoembA.jpg

That is impressive! I am floored by that creation.
Thanks! It was fun to build. I actually went into the shop at midnight to build it. Got inspired, and just couldn't fall asleep once I had it in my head :p

Thanks!

None were purchased at new retail. I was in college when the micro launched, and thus was totally broke. Many were purchased via eBay, some were acquired in trades, and some were straight up person-to-person cash transactions.

Since I've purchased about 500 manga volumes in the past month and a half, needless to say I need to make a LOT of space now, even thought I had previously converted one of my cabinets to a manga shelving unit, but that only holds a little more than half of what I have already purchased, so yeah...

Will probably update sometime next week once more stuff arrives so the shelves don't seem as empty, but for now going to head out and pick up some more shelves, and build them hopefully by the end of today.

It's a never ending battle...

More Portables. I honestly wish I had more 3DS, NDS, and PSP Games, as I am missing a lot of key titles I want.

Whatever remains of my GBA Stuff after the "Great Purge" and me somehow losing a couple of them over the yeears.

I don't have all them portable stuffs like Square. :lol:

Looks like my shelf space expansion will have to wait. They always have plenty of the shelves I usually use in stock at Walmart, and wouldn't you know it, when I got down there earlier they had none in stock at all for the first time of all the times I've been going there. T____T

I don't have all them portable stuffs like Square. :lol:
You got me beat on Vita stuff. :*(

Hope they didn't discontinue your preferred shelving unit :(
Indeed. I doubt it since it's their best seller, but just this store was out of stock on it.

They told me to drive elsewhere to pick up the shelves, but they're so cheap to begin with it's like not even worth it. ~_~

I'm running out of space and I should have ordered more of those last year when I got one from amazon. They were $29.99 at the time.
$29.00, according to my order history =P

But yea, mine's just sitting in the "dining room," still sealed. No wall space for it. Probably should put it up on Craigslist.

I could use a couple more of those 6 (or are they 7?) ft oscar shelves. I have 3 of them, but I could easily fill 3 more. BB sold my store pickup order to someone else.

Yeah the 1080s. I have 3 filled right now, but one is all PS2, the other is ps3, blus, and misc, and the 3rd is NES and about half of my GC games.  I've decided the solution is buying a bigger home to store my video games and just make a whole wall of built in shelving.

With my recent splurging on manga purchases it became apparent that I needed to make a TON of extra shelf space for all of it, so after some tinkering over the past few weeks with converting a cabinet to a shelving unit, and putting together new shelves, and some rearranging, it's finally all done.

The next time I need to find more shelf space when I'm about to run out will certainly be a challenge, but for now I'm set. :D

Anyways, update time!

01_1.jpg

02_1.jpg

03_1.jpg

04_3.jpg

05_2.jpg

06_1.jpg

07_1.jpg

08_1.jpg

09_1.jpg

10_1.jpg

11_1.jpg