Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Hope @shipwreck doesn't mind me reposting. He has more on Twitter.

[attachment=20796:IMG_20160303_193351.jpg][attachment=20797:IMG_20160303_193345.jpg]

I'd love to do something like that if I ever move out of my current abode. Someplace where I'll never have to see natural light would be amazing.

On the disc rot mentioned from early - I went through an arbitrary about 40 Dreamcast, Saturn and a for PC-E discs. I did find a few that had the strange slight pin hole looking spots when holding it up to direct light. Just looking at it under normally like for scratches wouldn't show it, but if I held it directly up to the light and spent say 10 or 15 seconds looking I found it on a few. I think it may be disc rot. It was smaller than a pin hole but a distinct spot where the light shined through.

Seeing that is making me seriously consider downsizing. It would be huge ordeal with the number of games I have, but maybe I should do it with the SEGA games since the online consensus seems to be that they are the most prone.

I'd love to do something like that if I ever move out of my current abode. Someplace where I'll never have to see natural light would be amazing.

On the disc rot mentioned from early - I went through an arbitrary about 40 Dreamcast, Saturn and a for PC-E discs. I did find a few that had the strange slight pin hole looking spots when holding it up to direct light. Just looking at it under normally like for scratches wouldn't show it, but if I held it directly up to the light and spent say 10 or 15 seconds looking I found it on a few. I think it may be disc rot. It was smaller than a pin hole but a distinct spot where the light shined through.

Seeing that is making me seriously consider downsizing. It would be huge ordeal with the number of games I have, but maybe I should do it with the SEGA games since the online consensus seems to be that they are the most prone.
Yep.. the one game I noticed it on was Albert Odyssey. I also noticed it on a copy of Lunar EB on SegaCD I traded years back but thought it was just a mark.

^^Here's my collection of wires I organized a couple of nights ago.  I got a brand new APC 11-outlet surge protector so I took the time to do it right.  It's not perfect, but better.

25162182060_0d7c5b8a72_b.jpg

25091929899_1cd35c401e_b.jpg

After looking at Shipwrecks photos I just have to say......take those disc playing systems out of those cramped little slots! Xbox One is going to overheat!

Buy some cable ties. These are cheap and reuseable.

http://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-ONE-WRAP-Self-Gripping-Cable-Reusable/dp/B001E1Y5O6

Also, those car audio wire tubes are ugly but they bind wires together well. We use them not for organization, but for cat-proofing.
I have these and have the same issues... over time, it just piles up and they get tangled on one another. My entire setup is made worse by the fact that I use a wired network beyond my PS3, PS4, Wii U, cable box, 7.1 receiver, and Roku, I have 6 additional wires going to most devices for network access.

I've figured the best way would be to have the excess wires in some type of sleeves, but no such thing exists

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking at Shipwrecks photos I just have to say......take those disc playing systems out of those cramped little slots! Xbox One is going to overheat!
Yeah, definitely will overheat with extended playtime. I love the setup though :) I never put all my consoles out at once -- right now, only have my Wii U, PS3, 360 and PS4 out.

The wife and I bought our first house late last year, and since moving in I've been working on turning the basement into a lair for all my gaming stuff. It's like 95% done at this point, just need new curtains, a nicer CRT, a few more small posters, and a sound bar for the LCD, but I'm really proud of it so far!

The wife and I bought our first house late last year, and since moving in I've been working on turning the basement into a lair for all my gaming stuff. It's like 95% done at this point, just need new curtains, a nicer CRT, a few more small posters, and a sound bar for the LCD, but I'm really proud of it so far!

This looks great!. I also have taken over my large living room in the basement. I dont know what kind of heat you have but I have forced air, which just moves dust all over, and I ended up putting a larger air cleaner in the corner of my room and the dust is almost non existent.

Ooooo, that's a really good idea. Do you have the dust cleaner near the HVAC system itself, or is that in a separate part of the basement? Any model recommendations?

Ooooo, that's a really good idea. Do you have the dust cleaner near the HVAC system itself, or is that in a separate part of the basement? Any model recommendations?
No it sits in the corner of the room away from any of the heater vents or the system. I also put dust filters in the HVAC vents for the basement. It cuts the heat output down a little but keeps dust to almost nothing. I have a secondary gas stove in the basement that does a majority of the heating down there anyways.

I am using an older Kenmore air cleaner we bought about 15 years ago but it has reusable filters. Its a big enough one to easily do the room downstairs.Since mine is so old I would just recommend getting something you can clean the filters on and make sure its big enough and quiet enough to do the job. Mine isnt exactly quiet but I keep on low 24/7 and when I game I am either using my surround sound set up or headphones so the fan noise is never an issue.

This looks great!. I also have taken over my large living room in the basement. I dont know what kind of heat you have but I have forced air, which just moves dust all over, and I ended up putting a larger air cleaner in the corner of my room and the dust is almost non existent.
Interesting... I will have to look into one of these. How do the filters work? Are they replacement only or can you wash them? I feel like if they're replacement only, they probably cost a lot.

I had a old ionic air filters (like the Sharper Image ones, but diff brand) back in my parents place and it worked decently well. Dust was definitely reduced but I was always afraid it would catch on fire if I forgot to clean it...

Interesting... I will have to look into one of these. How do the filters work? Are they replacement only or can you wash them? I feel like if they're replacement only, they probably cost a lot.

I had a old ionic air filters (like the Sharper Image ones, but diff brand) back in my parents place and it worked decently well. Dust was definitely reduced but I was always afraid it would catch on fire if I forgot to clean it...
I wash the prefilter and vacuum out the regular filter. It has lights that let me know how dirty the filters are so I know when to clean.

Nice, filters are cleanable. What kind/model do you have?
Its a kenmore we probably purchased 20 years ago. Honestly the regular filter is supposed to be replaced but I have always just vacuumed it out really good and when I reset the filter check it goes right back to clean and gives me about 3 months before it says its dirty again. I also have filters on each of the heat registers going into the main room of the basement to help with dust.

There was a link a little further up that someone had for a nice looking, bigger air cleaner from Amazon.

Do you guys notice a difference in air quality, asthma, allergies, etc. When using the purifiers? I've always thought about getting one to help with allergies, but haven't as of yet. I was going to buy one a few years ago buy kind of forgot about it after reading all about the ozone generating ionic ones.

It helps some. It doesn't make my allergies go away, but it lessens it. The pre-filter catches a ton of loose cat hair, so it definitely does work.

are there any good vita games from japan that i can easily play without having to know Japanese.i only have about 25 games for the vita but cant find any even at stores other than the ones i already have or don't care to get.

So I don't have any pictures right now since I'm *trying to* re-organize but in doing so I've been able to make a nice little archive of pretty much everything I own. Click here to see my games! I've still gotta add things like digital console games and also add a few more generalized break-downs but so far I think it covers pretty much everything. It's nice to have when I go out game shopping. With older stuff sometimes I'll forget what I have so I can just quickly check. Side note: The fact that I made this may mean there is something wrong with me...

are there any good vita games from japan that i can easily play without having to know Japanese.i only have about 25 games for the vita but cant find any even at stores other than the ones i already have or don't care to get.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny

- IA/VT Colorful

- Miracle Girls Festival

- Taiko Drum Master

- Girls Und Panzer

- Bullet Girls

So I don't have any pictures right now since I'm *trying to* re-organize but in doing so I've been able to make a nice little archive of pretty much everything I own. Click here to see my games! I've still gotta add things like digital console games and also add a few more generalized break-downs but so far I think it covers pretty much everything. It's nice to have when I go out game shopping. With older stuff sometimes I'll forget what I have so I can just quickly check. Side note: The fact that I made this may mean there is something wrong with me...
i have a list of all the physical copies of games i own and i have over 1700 games. i think i started the list when i had about 700 games so i could keep track of what i had. i have my list on rfgeneration so all i have to do is go to the site if i need to check it when i am out. i get lazy at times though and don't check it when i am out so i still manage to buy doubles of games i have once in a while. everything i have is in bins since i have dont have space to put up shelving to display everything.

- Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny

- IA/VT Colorful

- Miracle Girls Festival

- Taiko Drum Master

- Girls Und Panzer

- Bullet Girls
thanks for the recommendations. ill see if the store that has some vita imports has these or buy them online if i have some money. the girls und panzer one looks fun and i still have not seen the anime. did you get retro city rampage when it came out i been wanting it but it is too expensive. i been hoping to find it at the stores i go to and been checking gamestops to see if anyone sold them a copy.

thanks for the recommendations. ill see if the store that has some vita imports has these or buy them online if i have some money. the girls und panzer one looks fun and i still have not seen the anime. did you get retro city rampage when it came out i been wanting it but it is too expensive. i been hoping to find it at the stores i go to and been checking gamestops to see if anyone sold them a copy.
I definitely recommend Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny. Very fun and has a very comprehensive translation guide. It largely depends if youre fan of Gundam, especially SEED.

I got RCR when it came out. I missed out on the PS4 so I made it up with the Vita release. I have the Digital Copy, so Im content with leaving it sealed. Lol.

i have a list of all the physical copies of games i own and i have over 1700 games. i think i started the list when i had about 700 games so i could keep track of what i had. i have my list on rfgeneration so all i have to do is go to the site if i need to check it when i am out. i get lazy at times though and don't check it when i am out so i still manage to buy doubles of games i have once in a while. everything i have is in bins since i have dont have space to put up shelving to display everything.
Never heard of rfgeneration but it looks pretty cool. At the same time I kinda like using GDocs since I can pretty much design it myself and it's super simple to work with. May consider switching over at somepoint but I'm too lazy right now. Bins may be the way I have to go at some point. I think I can manage to shelve everything for now, though I gotta find some kind of new storage system. Don't feel like buying a whole new piece of furniture sine I plan on moving within a year or so. Overall though I'm happy with the rate my collection seems to be growing at. Too bad I'll probably never play half of them :wall:

I use http://www.collectorz.com/game/

It's fine, I guess.  The version I have is probably a few behind the current version.  (It's a paid software, but, you'd have to rebuy when they have big update versions.)  I'd probably like it even better if I had a barcode scanning gun.

I was thinking of moving my collection to Price Charting, so I could see values and whatnot of all of my games. But they charge like $3 a month minimum... don't know if I care enough to pay $3/month for such a service. If it was like $15 a year, I'd go for it. Or if there were cheaper options for just the price from one service, vs the multiple ones they use. 

Just wish I could create something via Excel, what just looks up eBay prices. I know someone posted a script or something to do that Price Charting, but it only worked for like 10-15 games at a time. 

I really wish there was some sort of free databasing system for games. I've been using MusicBrainz recently in a tool I've been working on for cataloging my cds. I just can't seem to find any kind of open database for it. That collectorz software looks cool but ain't no way in hell I'm paying $50 for a piece of software that doesn't even include updates. For now I'll just stick with GDocs but I really wish there was some kind of better alternative.

I have a few titles coming in for my Vita Collection, once they come in I'll take a picture of mine. 

I can rival Square on it until he adds in JP releases then its not even close. 

i rather enjoyed the disc rot discussion....honestly something i hadnt considered really. 

anyway maybe I'll actually post some pictures soon enough. moved back in with the folks after finishing school so mostly organized everything so its not in some unholy massive pile of boxes.

by my estimation theres somewhere between 1500-2000 games/movies/anime.....not including anything from the N64 and earlier era. didnt realize it was that much stuff actually lol. i blame all of you. yes every last one of you.

by my estimation theres somewhere between 1500-2000 games/movies/anime.....not including anything from the N64 and earlier era. didnt realize it was that much stuff actually lol. i blame all of you. yes every last one of you.
Can't blame us until you actually post something bro.:p

I see you Neptunia Rebirth;1 Limited Edition!

I was watching one on ebay and this happened. I'm really really tempted to sell my extra copy.
Holy shit... woke up at 2 AM (or whenever it went on sale) and was sick as hell, to try and snag one just as it went live and didn't see it for a few minutes and passed out (was trying to do it from my tablet, while in bed). Kicking myself now for not getting up and using the desktop website.

Na, you probably wouldn't have gotten it. I was on mobile and desktop, and it never showed as in stock for me.

Since then, Noire was the only Iffy CE I've bought.

Na, you probably wouldn't have gotten it. I was on mobile and desktop, and it never showed as in stock for me.

Since then, Noire was the only Iffy CE I've bought.
Did it go up later or just sell out in the blink of an eye?

I actually think I tried for like 15 minutes before giving up, rather than simply passing out. After that incident, I basically stopped buying all HD games... that incident just left me salty (shit time during a weekday to go live, super low quantity, unable to actually order when it was supposed to go live).

bread's done
Back