Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='idd0tt']lol i'll admit I have a nice collection once I manage to get my hands on a complete copy of earthbound and uncharted fortune
hunter's edition :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I think somebody here posted a picture of that version of uncharted, lucky sob! Good luck trying to get that though!

All I know is, if someone says I buy too many games, I'll just point them to this thread.

My collection isn't really worth taking pictures of, as I just keep all of my games in one of those 288 slot CD/DVD binders. (All of my cartridge based games are still @ my parents house. Without having any of the consoles here, they'd pretty much just take up space) Only have my 360 and PS2 setup currently, the rest of the consoles (PS1, DC, Xbox, and GC) are in the guest closet.

Eventually I'm going to turn my poorly setup office into an office/game room. All in due time.

[quote name='skiizim']I think somebody here posted a picture of that version of uncharted, lucky sob! Good luck trying to get that though![/QUOTE]

i think it was ducksoda, so jealous T_T

[quote name='idd0tt']i think it was ducksoda, so jealous T_T[/QUOTE]

I really like dagger that the thing comes with. Reminds me of some of the Aztec and Mayan artifacts I had seen when I went to the National Museum of Anthropology and History in Mexico City.

[quote name='idd0tt']wish i had such nice collections you guys have[/QUOTE]

HOLY MOLY !!

Is that small domo the one that I sent with a trade ? I think my username was : AndrewsAwesome at the time lol.

if not then I guess I feel stupid now.....:roll:

Added another chain for the newer Sonic plushes i've been buyng. Im gonna get a 3rd one soon so I'll put a pic when I get it up.

000_0012.jpg

Also, I'm seriously running out to room. I need a 3rd room...

[quote name='Segasonic01']Added another chain for the newer Sonic plushes i've been buyng. Im gonna get a 3rd one soon so I'll put a pic when I get it up.

000_0012.jpg

Also, I'm seriously running out to room. I need a 3rd room...[/QUOTE]
:applause:

For some reason, that picture makes me want to see some NiGHTS collections.

[quote name='lmz00']:applause:

For some reason, that picture makes me want to see some NiGHTS collections.[/QUOTE]
Theyre few & far between. As far as NiGHTS goes, there are a few plushes & keychains, but not much else. The Plushes, for example, are very hard to come by & usually go for about $200-$300 each. I wouldnt buy NiGHTS stuff personally unless I found it on the cheap.

EDIT:

look http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Sonic-Nigh...233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ac65b4b1

[quote name='Segasonic01']Added another chain for the newer Sonic plushes i've been buyng. Im gonna get a 3rd one soon so I'll put a pic when I get it up.

000_0012.jpg

Also, I'm seriously running out to room. I need a 3rd room...[/QUOTE]

Wow... that's just.. wow. I'm not gonna lie, I can't believe Sonic fans still exist, considering how much Sonic has sucked in the past decade.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... that's just.. wow. I'm not gonna lie, I can't believe Sonic fans still exist, considering how much Sonic has sucked in the past decade.[/QUOTE]
Play the handheld games. Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Rush 1 & 2, Sonic Rivals, Sonic & Sega Racing... All great games.

Hopefully Sonic 4 will be great. Sonic Colors I'm skeptical about

[quote name='Segasonic01']Play the handheld games. Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Rush 1 & 2, Sonic Rivals, Sonic & Sega Racing... All great games.

Hopefully Sonic 4 will be great. Sonic Colors I'm skeptical about[/QUOTE]

I just got Sonic Adventure 2 today, it reminded me of how awesome sonic is. The first level is amazing and the music is just too epic.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Theyre few & far between. As far as NiGHTS goes, there are a few plushes & keychains, but not much else. The Plushes, for example, are very hard to come by & usually go for about $200-$300 each. I wouldnt buy NiGHTS stuff personally unless I found it on the cheap.

EDIT:

look http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Sonic-Nigh...233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ac65b4b1[/QUOTE]
That thing actually looks pretty cool. Not worth the $, but cool nonetheless.

Just got my Prime 2 Standee in the mail and thought I'd get a group shot. One day I'll have a game room big enough to display all of them.

SAM_0094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize that other people were as screwed up as me with the obsessive buying.

I'm quite a bit older than most of you guys, but have you ever considered that we all have more entertainment content than we have hours left in our lives?

When I look at my collections I can't help but wonder what I would be looking at if I just didn't buy these things, A 200k sportscar? No mortgage? A chance of retiring before 2099?

For the guys who are apologizing for their small collections, I would think you shouldn't, and perhaps seriously think about what you spend your money on, and how much bang for the buck you get. ie: Call of Duty 4 cost 59.99 and I've gotten 1,400 hours of entertainment out of it. That was a great deal. But I, like many of you have a sh*tload of unopened blu-rays, DVDs, and games for all systems. No matter what we paid, the resale value is probably very little of the original cost and even then you have to be motivated to sell them. (and be happy with parting with them too).

I don't want to drag everyone down here, but just for the younger guys who haven't gone over the top, think twice.

Cheers,
Mitch

[quote name='mitchg']When I look at my collections I can't help but wonder what I would be looking at if I just didn't buy these things, A 200k sportscar? No mortgage? A chance of retiring before 2099?
[/QUOTE]

So you could have a 200k sportscar instead of your collection? Well quit with the lecture, grandpa, and post some pictures! ;)

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']HOLY MOLY !!

Is that small domo the one that I sent with a trade ? I think my username was : AndrewsAwesome at the time lol.

if not then I guess I feel stupid now.....:roll:[/QUOTE]

lol yes that's the domo that you sent w/ my trade! Totally part of the collection scene :bouncy:

[quote name='mitchg']I didn't realize that other people were as screwed up as me with the obsessive buying.

I'm quite a bit older than most of you guys, but have you ever considered that we all have more entertainment content than we have hours left in our lives?

When I look at my collections I can't help but wonder what I would be looking at if I just didn't buy these things, A 200k sportscar? No mortgage? A chance of retiring before 2099?

For the guys who are apologizing for their small collections, I would think you shouldn't, and perhaps seriously think about what you spend your money on, and how much bang for the buck you get. ie: Call of Duty 4 cost 59.99 and I've gotten 1,400 hours of entertainment out of it. That was a great deal. But I, like many of you have a sh*tload of unopened blu-rays, DVDs, and games for all systems. No matter what we paid, the resale value is probably very little of the original cost and even then you have to be motivated to sell them. (and be happy with parting with them too).

I don't want to drag everyone down here, but just for the younger guys who haven't gone over the top, think twice.

Cheers,
Mitch[/QUOTE]

I like collecting, but then again I've undergone a number of purging cycles over the years. I can understand why some people are proud of their collections, but a part of me just can't hop on board with the whole "game wall" psychology. To me I could top out at 40-80 favorite games for a system, but I can't see keeping ones that I didn't really enjoy.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Pretty small since I dont have my own place yet.
IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg

100_1462.jpg
[/QUOTE]Nice stuff and glad to see another CAG who lives in my area. ;) The TV is a lot like mine.

Anyway, I need to take new pics of my stuff, but some of my classic games are still at my parents house back where I last lived.

I do have a decent amount of games (not as much as I use to). I try selling some just so I don't have too many on my chest (ones I don't like much or don't really want to play). I mostly use OT money for games, while the rest goes to life stuff (rent, saving for house, saving for a newer car or pay for repairs on my current car, etc.).

Nice pics, everyone. Whether the collections are small or enormous, I do appreciate seeing people's collections and/or the way they arrange them. Time permitting, I'll try to post up pics of my not so epic collection here soon.

Nice standees. I've still got my RE4, Xenosaga, and about a dozen more from when I was managing a game store. Couldn't give the damn things away, and I couldn't bring myself to toss them. Heh.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Nice standees. I've still got my RE4, Xenosaga, and about a dozen more from when I was managing a game store. Couldn't give the damn things away, and I couldn't bring myself to toss them. Heh.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a RE4 standee.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I've dropped around... 15 grand on my collection. I'm 19 years old.[/QUOTE]

Did YOU drop 15 grand? Or were a lot of them gifts and whatnot...my collection is worth a couple grand and even then, probably 10% were gifts throughout the years, and I'm 23.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I've dropped around... 15 grand on my collection. I'm 19 years old.[/QUOTE]

God, you ruin everything for the rest of the people living in Georgia. Please go away. Who speaks that way (reference your other post)?

Also, you got ripped off. Your collection is varied and nice, but $60 a game will buy you 250 new games (no taxes) for $15,000... you have a ton of games that never come close to that value, especially given when you bought them. If you're including DVDs, etc there are some boxed sets.

I'll post my Xbox 360 wall soon... my obsession with owning every 360 game is unhealthy.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']I Do...lol[/QUOTE]

I have a similar issue --- I wonder how much of my time has been wasted re-alphabetizing excessively growing collections (comics included).

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I have a similar issue --- I wonder how much of my time has been wasted re-alphabetizing excessively growing collections (comics included).[/QUOTE]

I have 55 long boxes divided between DC, Marvel, Darkhorse, and indie. In alphabetical order and numerical order. I sill have 4 that need to be integrated. PITA :bomb:

Wow, that's a lot of money. The charm of some game collections is that you find the rare games really cheap not paying premium prices. Keep it up the good fight.

Yea, me too. But if it's true, he probably dropped $10k of it on shipping. At $2 a game, and $4 shipping, it adds up =P

I'm pretty sure my collection didn't even cost me $15k, and I'll guarantee my collection is better by any and all standards =P

Really??? I highly doubt that . . I looked thru the pixs of your collection & nothing really stands out. I see a lot of DVD's in your collection too . . WHO CARES how many dvd's , blu's & sets you have:roll: I did see a lot of Dragon Ball crap . . lol. Also your 19 , I highly doubt you've been working long . . oh & your post before this one made you sound even more retarded. Your 19 . . . your not even close to being O.G. :roll: . . . damn kids these days are getting more ignorant , retarded , & just plain dumb!!!

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Really??? I highly doubt that . . I looked thru the pixs of your collection & nothing really stands out. I see a lot of DVD's in your collection too . . WHO CARES how many dvd's , blu's & sets you have:roll: I did see a lot of Dragon Ball crap . . lol. Also your 19 , I highly doubt you've been working long . . oh & your post before this one made you sound even more retarded. Your 19 . . . your not even close to being O.G. :roll: . . . damn kids these days are getting more ignorant , retarded , & just plain dumb!!![/QUOTE]
Dragon Ball isn't crap,opinions differ. And just because some teenagers act like idiots, doesn't mean all are.

I do not act like an idiot. Yes, I am an O.G. Does that piss you off? Good.

Who cares about DVD's? TRUE MOVIE FANS. Duh. Obviously you don't know true cinema if you just brush off almost 400 DVD's.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I do not act like an idiot. Yes, I am an O.G. Does that piss you off? Good.

Who cares about DVD's? TRUE MOVIE FANS. Duh. Obviously you don't know true cinema if you just brush off almost 400 DVD's.[/QUOTE]
I think I found a pick of you playing with your collectible dolls again. . .

Fiction_Becomes_Reality_01.jpg

These collections are so amazing guys!! Mine is decent...kinda...not really, compared to these but I'm slowly moving along. Keep posting I love these!!

[quote name='StripesOrBars']lol, dvds will be worth more than 360 games in a few years.[/QUOTE]

I buy the games for the fun and enjoyment, not the value. Then again, I don't go posting on websites what I believe I've spent on my collection.

Also, given price histories for past generation games, until they get put in huge collections on a future generation many of the original games will hold their value better than the DVDs. I can't give many DVDs away, it's really sad. Nevermind when they re-release or clean up the audio/video on old DVDs, those DVDs become even more worthless do to the quality variations.

I would agree that Fire_Thief is both Odd and Goofy, so yes... he's definitely O.G.

bread's done
Back