Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='lmz00']But someone who owns every game ever made would therefore own every game in his collection.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they wouldn't mean as much to you if you only wanted it to complete your collection.

[quote name='lmz00']But someone who owns every game ever made would therefore own every game in his collection.[/QUOTE]

The point is, don't be Fire_Thief, getting those sick azz games for so cheap yo :lol:

I've turned my collection into "one shelf". If I get more than what fits on the one row of my DVD rack, I sell something off. This doesn't apply to the couple of DS games though and I do have NES games in storage. So just 360/PS3/Wii.

I have roughly 5 PS3 games, 20 360 games and 5 Wii games. I have over 100 XBLA games, so I'm not without things to play but I just can't justify having a collection of things I won't play anymore.

[quote name='nnthomas']The point is, don't be Fire_Thief, getting those sick azz games for so cheap yo :lol:[/QUOTE]

But Hot Shots Golf is such a beast ass series!

What exactly is so bothersome? The PS3 logo on the spine? I don't understand some people's need for uniformity. I'm not knocking anyone, I just think it's boring when the games/cases all look the same. That's why I enjoy having stuff like the red PS3 cases, purple X360 cases, and clear UK DS cases. I love the pop of color from New Super Mario Bros. Wii amongst all of those white cases.

I've reorganized the collection a bit and made a LOT of progress on the mancave too. I think it's time to show what's been done.

Also, I'm having a HELL of a time trying to figure out what to do with the statue that came in my Gears of War 3 Epic Edition as it won't fit on my gaming shelf. Any thoughts gents?

Can't remember if I've posted my collections of vintage games here before, but I took some updated pics tonight. I actually have nowhere to display them so I just keep them stacked in a series of plastic tubs in a storage room. Most of these came from flea markets and yard sales over the years so it kind of began to add up :lol:

NES:

111_1930.jpg

111_1929.jpg

111_1928.jpg

111_1924.jpg

111_1923.jpg

111_1922.jpg

111_1918_2.jpg

111_1917.jpg

111_1916_2.jpg

And now, all of my NES boxes, which I store separately from the cartridges:

111_1944.jpg

111_1945.jpg

111_1946.jpg

111_1947.jpg

111_1949.jpg

SNES:

111_1907.jpg

111_1909.jpg

111_1910.jpg

111_1911.jpg

111_1934.jpg

111_1937.jpg

111_1938.jpg

N64:

My collection doesn't display well because of the lack of labels on the top of N64 cartridges, but here's an idea of how many I have:

111_1899.jpg

Basically, here are the few highlights:

111_1900.jpg

And the big one that I store separately:

111_1950.jpg

So yeah, a lot :lol:

[quote name='ZombieToast']Is that Gemfire still sealed or does it just look like it? Either way, I'd love to have that. Definitely one of my favorite NES games![/QUOTE]

Wish it was sealed but unfortunately it isn't. There's a slit cut in the top of the seal that allows the cartridge and manual to be removed through the top as with any normal unsealed NES box, but on the bright side, the box and contents are as minty as they could possibly be for an unsealed game. I have a couple of other boxes that retained their seals in a similar manner like RoadBlasters and Willow, as you can probably see in the pics.

I'm a Koei nerd and it's a goal of mine to have complete copies of every Koei game for NES, but Gemfire remains the only one I have right now. It's a long, expensive road.

Oh boy, "a long, expensive road" is putting it lightly. Heh. Back before all of their products turned to shit, it used to be my goal to collect every McFarlane action figure. I can only imagine how much money it would've cost me if I had stuck with that (I still sunk a couple hundred bucks into what I currently have). It's good to have a big collection goal like that, though...if you achieve a goal too easily, it gets boring!

[quote name='aptanor']Or an extra copy of LittleBig Planet?[/QUOTE]
These are empty cases, I traded in the discs. They were from the LittleBigPlanet with Dual shock 3 controller Bundle. BB was selling them $19.xx each and the TIV was $12 (base value) at GS.
I got $19.20 credit each (50% plus 10% powerup member).
So the DS3s were almost free. I think I got 15- 18 bundles.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well, it's been awhile since I've posted an update, so here we go.

Also first time I'm doing the closer up shots too for some of the shelves that are really big.

Shelf 1
83822908.jpg

photozlh.jpg

41651685.jpg

81816698.jpg

69075896.jpg

16971580.jpg

Shelves 2+3
63820198.jpg

45025289.jpg

19584597.jpg

82307743.jpg

As you can tell I'm running out of space, so trying to figure out what the next step is in expanding storage space. That anime shelf will be filled pretty soon since I got a ton of stuff pending arrival in the mail, so the shelf just looks empty for the time being.

Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that shelf unit from (the big ass one in the first series of pictures)? It looks really good sturdy and can obviously hold a shit ton of things. I currently have a built in shelf unit for my games but we move out of our rental and into our house I need to find something good (and that looked really nice).

[quote name='joshnorm']Where did you get that shelf unit from (the big ass one in the first series of pictures)? It looks really good sturdy and can obviously hold a shit ton of things. I currently have a built in shelf unit for my games but we move out of our rental and into our house I need to find something good (and that looked really nice).[/QUOTE]

It's similar to this one,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UOPRPC/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

But it is actually a previous model before they cheapened the material they used to build each shelf board.

The older model is definitely super sturdy though, as you can tell I modified the top of the unit a couple times already and still holding up well. I could probably go higher, but it's already at a little over 8 ft, so not sure how much taller I really want it to go before it becomes a hazard. :3

The new one still looks nice, but I can't speak for how sturdy it is since I've heard stories otherwise. But if you mount it, it probably won't make as big of a difference, or at least I think it won't.

[quote name='Readthepost']My games and guides
IMAG0121.jpg
IMAG0122.jpg
IMAG0123.jpg
IMAG0125.jpg
IMAG0133.jpg
IMAG0129.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Gross. I can't imagine hording that many penny guide and then actually showing them off.

[quote name='ZForce915']Gross. I can't imagine hording that many penny guide and then actually showing them off.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to trade them with other cags...I'm not hoarding as much as saving them from the dumps. Sorry if I offended you.

[quote name='Readthepost']I'm trying to trade them with other cags...I'm not hoarding as much as saving them from the dumps. Sorry if I offended you.[/QUOTE]

I did that awhile back ago. I thought I was saving them from the dumps, but after a few moves, I realized that the 3 boxes of penny guides were just a massive waste of space, so in the end they ended up in the dumpster anyways. Poor, poor guides. :cry:

Ouch. You could've at least recycled them and got some of your money back. That is, if you have a place that pays for paper. We do, but I know there aren't many places like that around these days.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ouch. You could've at least recycled them and got some of your money back. That is, if you have a place that pays for paper. We do, but I know there aren't many places like that around these days.[/QUOTE]

Not too many where I live, which is indeed a bummer.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ouch. You could've at least recycled them and got some of your money back. That is, if you have a place that pays for paper. We do, but I know there aren't many places like that around these days.[/QUOTE]

Would they even take them? I mean, most guides are bound with glue and there are a few with the spiral binding. Either way, you could still recycle them instead of throwing them to the dumpster.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got a few more art prints today - look pretty good, imo :D

yCFIP.jpg
FeuR6.jpg
SUVOT.jpg
9c3yh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Every time I see your prints, I keep remembering that I have to do some of those but then realize that I never actually get around to them. I love that GoW3 and SotC one, but I have to question the Naughty Bear print.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got a few more art prints today - look pretty good, imo :D

yCFIP.jpg
FeuR6.jpg
SUVOT.jpg
9c3yh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love the Shadow of the Colossus print! It's great. I'd definitely like to get one for myself :)

[quote name='Vinny']Would they even take them? I mean, most guides are bound with glue and there are a few with the spiral binding. Either way, you could still recycle them instead of throwing them to the dumpster.[/QUOTE]
Well, I certainly can't speak for any other places, but the place near us would take them. Glue, plastic (like on envelopes), and a reasonable amount of metal (staples, paper clips) are acceptable, while spiral binding and hardcovers have to be removed (although you can usually recycle the hardcovers with your cardboard). Glossy paper just has to be kept separate from regular and newspaper. Construction paper and wax paper are no-nos.

[quote name='Vinny']
Every time I see your prints, I keep remembering that I have to do some of those but then realize that I never actually get around to them. I love that GoW3 and SotC one, but I have to question the Naughty Bear print.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I don't think I'm going to frame that one. Not sure exactly what I want to do with it - maybe something with Halloween. The 9 x 12's were only like $2.50 so threw it in my order.
The GoW3 and SotC are definitely even better looking in person, happy with those.

[quote name='Bezerker']I recently got a set of shelves at Goodwill for $16 so I was finally able to put up my guide collection. It started out as just RPGs/Rarities/CE guides, but if its a game I liked and would want to look through the guide just for nostalgia sake, ill put it in there.

[/QUOTE]

I need to be more selective about guides i get - have more guides than shelf space. Used to be games i have or plan on getting. Did a purge recently of ones that are useless or i'd think i would never look at, like a guide for Rock band.

Hasn't been too much of a problem lately though since I haven't gotten any drops for a while.

I've only ever bought two guides (both hardcovers), so I'm not very familiar with them... Who makes the orange and white ones? The uniformity and blandness of them all just kills me.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've only ever bought two guides (both hardcovers), so I'm not very familiar with them... Who makes the orange and white ones? The uniformity and blandness of them all just kills me.[/QUOTE]

Brady

yCFIP.jpg
FeuR6.jpg
SUVOT.jpg
9c3yh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So do you just have staples or somewhere print these out?

I would like to know.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've only ever bought two guides (both hardcovers), so I'm not very familiar with them... Who makes the orange and white ones? The uniformity and blandness of them all just kills me.[/QUOTE]

He could get them all together, add some black and green to make Halloween colors :) But yeah, I would have to agree; I don't think I've purchased a Brady guide since Squaresoft had its day in the sun over a decade a ago.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I need to be more selective about guides i get - have more guides than shelf space. Used to be games i have or plan on getting. Did a purge recently of ones that are useless or i'd think i would never look at, like a guide for Rock band.

Hasn't been too much of a problem lately though since I haven't gotten any drops for a while.[/QUOTE]

I need to clear some of mine out... I've got roughly 320 plus another 50 or so as trading fodder (which seems pointless now because I haven't traded in ages) and want to bring it down to 1 bookshelf but that seems like it would be an very time consuming task.

I don't have a single guide. I haven't really understood the point of collecting them, but then again I'm sure not many people understand the point of collecting video games either.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Here is the new setup. The only thing I don't have displayed is the Epic Gears of War 3 box and statue because I have NO idea where to put the damn thing and my gaming posters as it is a little difficult to hang posters on a rock wall. Also, the Blu-Rays and DVDs have been moved to a different shelf as I was running out of room for them.

DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg
DSC_0058.jpg
DSC_0059.jpg
DSC_0060.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
DSC_0062.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0064.jpg

So that's the game area of the semi finished man cave. The table full of comics is one of three that I'm going through to put on eBay(anyone want any? I can trade them too!)

Here's the remainder of the cave thus far, including my eBay setup and the rest of the comics.

This entire table is nothing but X-Men comics, including a run of Uncanny from issue 7 through issue 512 which is roughly 80% complete.
DSC_0065.jpg
DSC_0066.jpg
Blu-Rays and DVDs
DSC_0067.jpg
The gaming center of the cave.
DSC_0068.jpg
eBay workstation
DSC_0069.jpg
eBay storage
DSC_0070.jpg

So that's it so far. With all of the CE's coming out with statues and figures, I need to seriously do some rearranging with that, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of space fast!

I like all the space.

Your collection set up makes it feel like I'm at a trade show with all those tables.

Do you set up your own stands at swap meets often? ;D

I think that room has evolved from a Man-cave into a Nerd-lair :D Too bad the comic market has fallen, selling off all those comics would have made you a ton more about 10 years ago.

@Squarehard I don't set up at any shows because I just don't have the time. Besides, it's time for them to go and I would have to work 19,000 shows to sell off all of my stock. I've had some offers from wholesalers, but I have way too much invested in the collection to let it go for 5 cents a book and there are way too many valuable books in there too. Granted, there's a lot of junk, but there's just no way I could justify that.

And having all that space is nice, but my problem now is furniture. If my game shelves move one more time, they're toast. And I'm running out of room for my CE collectibles too. I just need to figure out a way to make it make sense. I'll probably just adopt one of the eBay shelves for the CE stuff and corner it in a way that makes sense display-wise. No one really comes into that area of the house, so it's all there for my own personal enjoyment anyway.

@Dominator My old apartment was christened The House of Geek, so I'll take the Nerd-Lair title with pride. And 10 years ago I was still reading them. Now I've been moving from collecting comics to collecting video games.

Ok I am gonna try since I am done with my old consoles setup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can see the big pile of VHS tapes I have been complaining about

Also, that is not all my consoles, I have many more to put out! There's always room for a couple more on top of the TV right?

Heres my game setup and yes i use a SD TV. Finally got my Serenity Art from Comic con framed

IMG_0555.jpg

Heres some new art i finally got framed:
308685_10150339794505924_626475923_8320238_756706745_n.jpg

300911_10150339794690924_626475923_8320239_1764651509_n.jpg

Coming together nicely.
Ive jus started getting into figures and steelbooks

I have ebay space but its basically just a floor of a room then I scatter whatever I can elsewhere. I also keep the smaller items in the plastic drawers. I don't really have enough space in the house to dedicate a whole room to ebay stuff, nor do I have enough ebay stuff to even justify doing that.

bread's done
Back