Your OTT of You're mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lordwow']Ah, it's nowhere that bad. I have all the qualifications except the experience in the field, but I could wiggle it around and say I have experience in PR in other forms of media (which I do), but it may not be what they're looking for.[/quote]
I wouldn't say you're completely unqualified for it then. At least not in the sense I was.

Ya, I agree. I'm applying to a handful of jobs this weekend anyway, so might as well throw it out as I'll have everything done except the cover letter.

[quote name='lordwow']Ah, it's nowhere that bad. I have all the qualifications except the experience in the field, but I could wiggle it around and say I have experience in PR in other forms of media (which I do), but it may not be what they're looking for.[/quote]

I have a cover letter template. It goes a little something like this:

6/30/2008

Dear Hiring Manager:

My name is Temporaryscars and I’m interested in the XXXX position at XXXXX.

I have a bachelor's degree in journalism from New Paltz University and have a little over three years of combined experience in print journalism and public relations. Along with my experience in PR and journalism, I am also technically proficient when it comes to using sophisticated computer programs and have excellent oral and written communication skills. I excel at meeting deadlines and can get the job done right when the pressure is on.

With those skills, I know I can handle the responsibilities the position requires and help XXXXX achieve its goals. I hope that you will consider me for an interview so that we could discuss this further.

P.S. I would like to restate my desire to interview for the position of XXXXXXX. XXXXXX is No. 1 on my list of companies I want to work for. I can be reached on my mobile phone at 315-572-9343. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Temporaryscars

Thanks Temps. I have about 5 cover letters I use for the different fields I've worked in (Media Production/PR/student affairs/event planning/security), but they're similar, I just highlight different skills and attributes.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I have a cover letter template. It goes a little something like this:

6/30/2008

Dear Hiring Manager:

My name is Temporaryscars and I’m interested in the XXXX position at XXXXX.

I have a bachelor's degree in journalism from New Paltz University and have a little over three years of combined experience in print journalism and public relations. Along with my experience in PR and journalism, I am also technically proficient when it comes to using sophisticated computer programs and have excellent oral and written communication skills. I excel at meeting deadlines and can get the job done right when the pressure is on.

With those skills, I know I can handle the responsibilities the position requires and help XXXXX achieve its goals. I hope that you will consider me for an interview so that we could discuss this further.

P.S. I would like to restate my desire to interview for the position of XXXXXXX. XXXXXX is No. 1 on my list of companies I want to work for. I can be reached on my mobile phone at 315-572-9343. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Temporaryscars[/quote]
Cool.

Rock, Sean, Wow, Budge, anyone up for RB2?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Cool.

Rock, Sean, Wow, Budge, anyone up for RB2?[/quote]

Call me. ;)

I wish Lordwow would move to Syracuse and be my friend. :(

Couric asked her what she thought the worst thing Cheyney has done is and she replied with that stupid-ass hunting accident. :|

[quote name='TheRock88']I just saw the pics of the supposed Britney sex tape. :puke:[/QUOTE]
Where?
[quote name='manthing']Bayxter:

Didja see my WS MP2 Fix from earlier?[/QUOTE]
No. What is it? :cool:

"I think America needs something new and fresh!" - Sarah Palin... promoting John McCain over Barack Obama. Wait, what?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Call me. ;)

I wish Lordwow would move to Syracuse and be my friend. :([/QUOTE]

Aww ;)

I'll have to let you know the next time I'm up that way to see the future in-laws.

I swear, I think I need to shell out the money next time I get paid to get some curtain rods, at least tension ones, and some curtains for my ex's bedroom here.

She is getting obliterated.

[quote name='lordwow']Aww ;)

I'll have to let you know the next time I'm up that way to see the future in-laws.[/quote]

How about June 13? I still need a best man. :(

Well, heck, if you wanna play games here! I'm workin' with ya on this thing, but I... Okay, I'll reduce taxes! Sure, right now! You're darned tootin'!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Is she starting to cry?!?

Oh...I don't get CNN.[/QUOTE]

You don't get NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, C-Span, MSNBC, CNBC, etc?

Oh, you were talking about the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back