Your OTT of You're mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mojimbo']I'm not watching CNN, what's happening with the polls during this gay discussion?[/QUOTE]
Dropped when she said marriage is nothing other than one man and one woman.

[quote name='lordwow']"I don't want to argue about the causes of climate change... we're not here to debate... it was God. God did it."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

It wasn't man. Or republicans. It was god. Intelligent design for the win!

[quote name='Rocko']Dropped when she said marriage is nothing other than one man and one woman.[/quote]

Biden said the same thing, unfortunately

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ooops, here we go. She talks about the successful surge, and he'll come back with "we shouldn't be there to begin with."[/QUOTE]

Can't be worse than the first debate where McCain talked about shit he did in the past the whole fucking time, then Obama mentioned shit about the war in the past and McCain said "Whoa, whoa, that was in the past! This is now!"

[quote name='lordwow']The agreement between them and America seems to be to give them equal rights, but not call it marriage.[/quote]

Exactly, calling a gay couples wedding a union and a straight couples a marriage is still a form of "seperate but equal"

Biden: I believe that I might have come up with a compromise to this whole problem that will make everyone happy! People in the gay community want the same rights as married couples, but dissenters don't want the word "marriage" corrupted. So how about we let gay people get married, but call it something else? You homosexuals will have all the exact same rights as married couples, but instead of referring to you as "married," you can be “butt buddies”. Instead of being "man and wife," you'll be “butt buddies”. You won't be "betrothed," you'll be “butt buddies”. Get it? Instead of a "bride and groom," you'd be “butt buddies”.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Exactly, calling a gay couples wedding a union and a straight couples a marriage is still a form of "seperate but equal"[/quote]

Indeed. I wonder how much is sincere belief in that and how much is pandering to the religious voters. Either way, that shit needs to change.

I agreed with that point of view for a while, especially when the debate started heating up here in MA ~5 years back, until a gay friend of mine called me out on it.

Now I think that if we are going to allow marriage to be acknowledged by the government, we can't limit it, as you said, it would fall under separate but equal

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why would gays vote republican? That would make zero sense.[/QUOTE]

I know some Log Cabin Republicans, most of them (the ones I know) feel the economic and defense positions of the Republican party are more important than the social issues, even gay marriage (though most don't care for the Repubs position on it). Gay people don't only vote on that one issue.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why would gays vote republican? That would make zero sense.[/QUOTE]

One of my good friends is gay. He also votes republican. If you really want an answer, I'll ask him. :|

[quote name='Mojimbo']ahahaha, is that shit about Spain true?[/QUOTE]

Yes, McCain didn't know the guy's name. He thought it sound Hispanic, and thought they were a south american dictator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back