Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

This is the Star Trek thread. Here's a nice red shirt for you.

• Please log in to reply
1870 replies to this topic

#571 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

Because this is here?

It fucking rocked.

#572 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

Because this is here?

Yeah, but it seems like it would've been closed when it got started instead of 20 pages in, or at the least MERGED into this thread like I've seen done lots of times before.

Anyway, I posted this in the other thread and thought I'd post it again here-

This link is to a video where the writers explain the idea they had for William Shatner's part in the movie, but sadly it didn't make the final cut. It sounds awesome though.

#573 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

It was also spoilerific.

So if anyone wants to come in here and talk about it, a friendly reminder to show courtesy to the ones who haven't seen it.

#574 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

yea I was really wondering why another thread was made for that movie when we had this here... but then again there is another thread for Terminator Salvation's Clip, yet we already have a thread for that movie too :roll:

#575 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

btw..... I don't think I remembered seeing it, but does anyone recall if there was a "Warp Flash" when any of the ships went into warp or did they all just do the hyperspace jump from star wars?

this is what I am talking about?

That whole fleet warp jump would have been really exciting if Sulu didn't Fuck it up!

#576 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

So... is it really worth getting the star trek movies on BR? Some sites are giving me mixed answers. I have about 35 dollars in RZC I need to burn before June, however from what I read a lot is missing from the 2 disc dvd collection and it seems that Star Trek 2 got a big video upgrade vs the others which filtering applied. Also think Paramount planning on releasing ALL 10 films on BR when the new movie hits BR in one big mega pack. :hot: So thinking of waiting til then... hmm..

#577 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

I remember someone in here posting about the bluray set of the first six movies. Interestingly enough, there is also a "Trilogy" set available: http://www.amazon.co...42540470&sr=8-2

Glad to see that this set contains II, III, and IV. Sure, it's a blatant cash-in on the new movie, but I just like seeing those movies formally recognized as a Trilogy. They really are unique among Star Trek films in how closely tied-together they are. In that sense, I kinda think of II-IV as the "DS9" of the films.

#578 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

btw..... I don't think I remembered seeing it, but does anyone recall if there was a "Warp Flash" when any of the ships went into warp or did they all just do the hyperspace jump from star wars?

this is what I am talking about?

That whole fleet warp jump would have been really exciting if Sulu didn't Fuck it up!

You know, now that I think about it, I don't think there was. I think there was a flash on the back end of the ship when it goes to warp but not the flash in the front.

#579 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:53 AM

I finally saw thee movie - loved it.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#580 homeland

homeland

woman wooh man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:37 AM

Because JJ has unleashed my inner nerd, How did the Klingons become so technologically advance? Hell they have cloaking. I don't think I remember seeing a Klingon scientist.

#581 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

I still haven't seen the movie but the hype for the movie convinced me to DL The Next Generation, it's so great.. I can feel myself slowly becoming a trekkie. I'm typically not into the stereotypically nerdy stuff, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, I'm pretty surprised that I'm enjoying TNG so much. Started on season 3, currently on ep 23. Picard is the greatest ever.

#582 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

I still haven't seen the movie but the hype for the movie convinced me to DL The Next Generation, it's so great.. I can feel myself slowly becoming a trekkie. I'm typically not into the stereotypically nerdy stuff, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, I'm pretty surprised that I'm enjoying TNG so much. Started on season 3, currently on ep 23. Picard is the greatest ever.

TNG is great. If you get through it and still find yourself wanting more I highly highly recommend DS9. If you can make your way through the first season or two you will be treated to some of the finest sci-fi ever on TV.

#583 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

If this is legal, please PM.

#584 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not legal.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#585 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

Because JJ has unleashed my inner nerd, How did the Klingons become so technologically advance? Hell they have cloaking. I don't think I remember seeing a Klingon scientist.

From Memory Alpha:

It has been speculated that the Klingon Empire acquired cloaking technology during an alliance with the Romulans. Such an alliance was loosely implied by Romulan use of Klingon ships in TOS: "The Enterprise Incident" and later mentioned as having taken place at some point in the past in TNG: "Reunion" and TNG: "The Neutral Zone" but there is no canon evidence to support the idea of Romulans supplying Klingons with cloaking technology.

Posted Image

#586 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

http://www.newsweek....02819?gt1=43002

Augments anyone??

Posted Image

#587 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

TNG is fantastic. You probably picked the right season to jump in at, Koggit, although I did like a lot of episodes from season 2.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#588 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

Well TNG BR is coming this fall as predicted!!

Check this feature out for the BR for Star Trek
http://trekmovie.com...-tech-features/

#589 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:59 AM

Some good stuff in this. :lol:

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#590 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:49 AM

Patrick Stewart has been Knighted!

http://www.cnn.com/2...hood/index.html

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#591 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

Sweet!

#592 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

I was watching the rifftrax version of Star Trek yesterday and noticed something. At the end when they eject the core, it shows about half a dozen being ejected. Since when do these ships have half a dozen warp cores? Even Scotty says "core" as if it were just one.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#593 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

Patrick Stewart has been Knighted!

http://www.cnn.com/2...hood/index.html

Guess he's now "Sir Captain Picard", as opposed to "Captain Picard, sir!"...

Edited by keithp, 01 January 2010 - 02:00 AM.

#594 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

Man, CBS seems to have every episode of TOS available online but the original pilot with Pike. Never have seen it.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#595 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

Anyone see this??

Aww man I want this SOOO BAD!!

#596 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:00 AM

You can buy one of the enterprises and a bird of prey that are RC controlled. Think they're made of foam though.

#597 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

I got the Star Trek blu-ray for Christmas and it is great. I haven't watched the movie yet (I saw it in the theater) but the extras are really fun.

#598 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

I've watched the movie twice since I got it on Christmas. It is still really enjoyable and it is perfectly paced.

Posted Image

#599 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

Check out the screen shot yahoo has for Star Wars: The old Republic.

http://videogames.ya...2010/1383109/11

Hmmm....:lol:

#600 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

Check out the screen shot yahoo has for Star Wars: The old Republic.

http://videogames.ya...2010/1383109/11

Hmmm....:lol:

uhhh... can't be a Vulcan?