The Star Trek III (Back from the Dead) Thread

[quote name='ITDEFX']you know, to this day, I still can't believe Leeta picked Rom over Dr. Zimmerman and Bashir!! good lord what the hell are there children going to look like?!?!?![/quote]

Must have been the lobes. :lol:

Chase Masterson was certainly easy on the eyes.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Must have been the lobes. :lol:

Chase Masterson was certainly easy on the eyes.[/QUOTE]

lol.......

Bashir or Zimmerman were perfect for Leeta.. but no, she had to go with a nasty looking ferengi. yuck. but then again...... she becomes the wife of the new grand nagus! that's like marrying someone who just inherited a empire... so i guess it works out.

Later on when we see Zimmerman at Jupiter Station, he seems more grumpy then ever.... good job Leeta!! its all your fault!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']lol.......

Bashir or Zimmerman were perfect for Leeta.. but no, she had to go with a nasty looking ferengi. yuck. but then again...... she becomes the wife of the new grand nagus! that's like marrying someone who just inherited a empire... so i guess it works out.

Later on when we see Zimmerman at Jupiter Station, he seems more grumpy then ever.... good job Leeta!! its all your fault!![/quote]

Besides, Rom probably has a giant....brain. :lol: Working with Chief O'Brien and all.

I've seen a few remastered episodes since my local Fox shows them at Midnight or 1 Am on the weekends, and they really look great, even in SD. The new special effects are just perfect for the show.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've seen a few remastered episodes since my local Fox shows them at Midnight or 1 Am on the weekends, and they really look great, even in SD. The new special effects are just perfect for the show.[/quote]

Yeah, they are modern without being overstated.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, they are modern without being overstated.[/QUOTE]

because My20 (use to be UPN) likes to move it around on the weekends, I never get to see it. When I think it will be on Sunday at 2pm, bam..its not there.. but it ended up being shown on the Saturday before. Sometimes it won't show up at all over the weekend. :(

Might as well wait for the remastered dvds to come out then buy them.

maybe TNG will get the remastered treatment? but does it really need it? ...hmmm maybe.

[quote name='ITDEFX']

Might as well wait for the remastered dvds to come out then buy them.

maybe TNG will get the remastered treatment? but does it really need it? ...hmmm maybe.[/quote] Since the whole point of the updated special effects was so the effects look good in HD, I'm guessing that the remastered version of TOS will come out on HD DVD and/or Blu Ray, no SD DVD.
As for TNG, they have 4 more seasons, which would be way more work. I doubt that updating the special effects would be worth it, it would just cost way too much money.
Personally I would love to see some of the DS9 space battles redone with modern CGI (and if they remade the effects they could give the ships shields ;)).

Watched Live Free or Die Hard last night and was very surprised to see Tim Russ have a minor role! Interestingly enough, he was pretty much just Tuvok without the ears and even spouted out some technobabble!

I've been thinking about seeing the new Die Hard but I read that they will release an R rated DVD, so I'll just wait for that.

Hey guys. Just ran across this Star Trek: TNG Drinking Games

Sorry if it's a repost. Search function not working for me.

Pretty funny stuff, though. My favorite highlights are:

Quotes: "The Klingon Home Planet" or other reference without actually giving it a name.

Riker: Walks forward as if he's trying to knock an imaginary door down with his forehead.

Riker: Gets the girl

Riker: Gets the girl for no apparent reason

LaForge Quotes: "Maybe Not" in response to, "Impossible."

Wesley: Saves the day and nobody thanks him

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Link is broken.[/quote]
Fixed. That was weird. Have no idea why it wasn't working. Took me four times posting the same thing before it worked.

Happy 67th birthday to Patrick Stewart!

picardte7.gif

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Patrick_Stewart

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tP4LIj9QHM[/media] Picard Song!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqi3FpZd1Dg[/media] Picard Remix!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teTxexINY38[/media] Picard quotes!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=606Vk2iSFNk[/media] Picard flute!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU[/media] There are FOUR lights!

[quote name='ITDEFX']The first pics of the new TNG collection (20th anniversary set) :(

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/star-trek-the-next-generation2.html

its too bad Paramount couldn't do a trade in program, like trade in your sets and get credit towards this or the HD/BR version (when it comes)[/quote]

:drool:

That is going to be my birthday present. I am surprised at how green it is though. I guess the Borg influenced that. I would have preferred blue like the title font color. Still hot though.

the only way to get me to rebuy this is

-Remaster all episodes in HD format
-Deleted scenes
-Commentary tracks from producers or actors from key popular episodes
-Revamped special effects (ala TOS 2.0)
-BR/HD disc format
-special trade in program giving previous set owners like 400 bucks back or something towards the purchase of the new set.

i just recently completed the original dvd collection (finally found season 2 used at dimple records) so i dont want to rebuy this. now, when they come out with HD sets ill pick em up for sure.

as for sylar playing spock, i had no idea they were doing a star trek remake, as with most remakes, im very skeptical it will be any good and dont look forward to spending 8 bucks to find out.

That's a great casting choice.

I might have to rent the Star Trek seasons and *ahem*, because I don't think I'll ever get them any other way.

i dunno......lately i have been craving getting the Voyager season box sets....... a slap in the face it was when it ended, and I swore I would skip it when it hit DVD...but now I am liking it a bit as I am watching it on Spike.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I picked up 'Tales from the DOminion Wars' or something like that from B&N for $5. Haven't opened it yet, though.[/QUOTE]

i bought that 3 years ago from BN in NYC.........forgot totally about it and never read it :(

Leonard Nimoy to have role in new "Star Trek" film

SAN DIEGO, California (AP) -- Leonard Nimoy isn't through with Spock yet.

The 76-year-old actor will don his famous pointy ears again to play the role in an upcoming "Star Trek" film due out Christmas 2008.

"This is really going to be a great movie. And I don't say things like that lightly," Nimoy told a gathering of 6,500 fans Thursday at Comic-Con, the nation's largest pop-culture convention.

He greeted the crowd with a Vulcan salute.

Nimoy was joined by the newly named young Spock, "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Nimoy.

Both Spocks were introduced by the film's director and co-producer, J.J. Abrams.

"This is a series I loved as a kid," Abrams said, acknowledging that he was "more of a 'Star Wars' kid than a 'Star Trek' kid."

"This matters so much to so many people," he said. "I'm honored to be here and do this."

While the character of Captain Kirk has yet to be cast, Abrams said that William Shatner, who played the role in the original TV series, would likely also have a part in the film.

"It has to be worthy, of him and of you," Abrams told fans, adding that production is slated to begin in November.

One fan asked Nimoy what he thought of his "replacement."

"It was logical," the actor said dryly. He then closed with Spock's classic line: "Live long and prosper."

Awesome.

Why can't they just make a new Trek movie without Nimoy or Shatner? I hate how they are getting shoe-horned into these things (ala Generations). I want a badass (not cheesy) Trek movie with epic battles, smart dialogue and a cool twist at the end. I don't care if it has Kirk and Spock but I don't want to see Shatner and Nimoy anymore.

[quote name='javeryh']Why can't they just make a new Trek movie without Nimoy or Shatner? I hate how they are getting shoe-horned into these things (ala Generations). I want a badass (not cheesy) Trek movie with epic battles, smart dialogue and a cool twist at the end. I don't care if it has Kirk and Spock but I don't want to see Shatner and Nimoy anymore.[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.

I used to think Star Trek was "non-heterosexual" until a friend literally forced me to watch IV, VI, and First Contact.

VI was excellent but IV and First Contact are two of the best sci-fi movies I ever saw. I even went as far as picking up a book called Star Trek: Probe which is a sequel to IV but I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

[quote name='Kendro']I used to think Star Trek was "non-heterosexual" until a friend literally forced me to watch IV, VI, and First Contact.

VI was excellent but IV and First Contact are two of the best sci-fi movies I ever saw. I even went as far as picking up a book called Star Trek: Probe which is a sequel to IV but I still haven't gotten around to reading it.[/QUOTE]

If you like those films, you'll probably love II as well. My favorite.

Why does everyone like IV so much? I mean it's pretty good but it's not that great, IMO... maybe I'm missing something?

[quote name='javeryh']Why does everyone like IV so much? I mean it's pretty good but it's not that great, IMO... maybe I'm missing something?[/QUOTE]

yea your missing a lot... basically it got down to our level of understanding. Here we were, in the 23rd century with all this high tech starfleet and things, then a giant black log comes by and wants to talk to some whales to see why aren't they singing anymore. In order to save the universe again, they got to travel back to the 1980's and get two humpback whales and figure out how to refuel the ship using 20th century technology. So basically you got fish out of water story... They made it more light hearted and less serious and entertaining. The lightheartedness is what made it family friendly and a fan favorite.

[quote name='javeryh']Tom Cruise = Capt. Christopher Pike

... maybe. Thoughts?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=7&id=43113[/QUOTE]

I first read Pike as Riker for some reason (I am tired) and thought it was a good fit personality wise :). Then I wondered why Riker would be in the new Trek movie and thought it would be like the last episode of Enterprise.

Luckily I read the sentence again. I think Cruise would be good for Pike. I don't see why people have a problem with Tom Cruise. He is a psycho, but I thought he did a good job in MI3 and War of the Worlds.

I don't think I want to see Tom Cruise in a Star Trek movie. I mean I like his movies generally but he's too much of a celebrity and will pull you right out of whatever is on screen.

do you have verizon fios or any other digital cable service? The guides are good as I can see up to two week ahead. hehe

bread's done
Back