The Star Trek III (Back from the Dead) Thread

lets see, according to my on screen guide.... this is for next week

the next good ones are

Tuesday 4pm-"Bridge of Chaotica!!" this one cracks me up

Thursday 4pm-6-pm : "Dark Frontier Part 1 and 2" Really really good borg episode

Friday 5pm: "Course: Oblivion" A good one

Monday 4pm "The Fight"-- AVOID THIS AT ALL COST

[quote name='ITDEFX']2am why?????[/quote]

Seriously. I can't stay up that late at my advanced age...of 21 :)

Does Voyager really attract that many more viewers than DS9 did?

[quote name='2Fast']Seriously. I can't stay up that late at my advanced age...of 21 :)

Does Voyager really attract that many more viewers than DS9 did?[/QUOTE]

no

the only reason why i can hang in there that late is because summer school is over now I don't have to wake up early to go to work for a few weeks :)

I purchased my first TV episode on Live Marketplace. I downloaded the first episode of DS9. Until I get the DVDs I had to get some kind of DS9 fix. Not bad for 160 points.

[quote name='ITDEFX']ahh man, you could have bought a better ds9 episode :(

wait...does this mean you got the 360 already? damn it![/quote]

Yeah, I have had it since the day after the Elite came out. I thought I said something about it here, but I might not have.

They only have the first season available. If I had my choice, I'd download "In the Pale Moonlight" from season 6 if it were there. I LOVE that episode.

[quote name='ITDEFX']COOL, so how long does it take to dl? and how much space does 1 episode take?[/quote]

First episode was 1.2 GB, but it is 90 minutes long. Most of the others would probably be in the 800 MB range. I think it took about 30minutes to download, but I really can't remember. I had 200 points leftover so I figured I'd give it a shot.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, I have had it since the day after the Elite came out. I thought I said something about it here, but I might not have.

They only have the first season available. If I had my choice, I'd download "In the Pale Moonlight" from season 6 if it were there. I LOVE that episode.[/quote]
They have that season/episode for download.

Not really: IT'S A FAAAAAAAKE!!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']This Dominion War book was very entertaining.[/QUOTE]

I bought that book in NYC back in 2004.... never got around to reading it :|

TNG CAUSE AND EFFECT IS ON SPIKE!!!

Man can you imagine being stuck in a loop for 17.4 days and blowing up the ship in each loop?? :)

I have every single Star Trek book on my hard drive along with a hundred or so of them from my Uncle who is into all things sci-fi. I have yet to read any of it though as I rarely read fiction novels. Where is a good place to start with the Trek books?

[quote name='ananag112']I have every single Star Trek book on my hard drive along with a hundred or so of them from my Uncle who is into all things sci-fi. I have yet to read any of it though as I rarely read fiction novels. Where is a good place to start with the Trek books?[/QUOTE]

funny I was actually going threw all my old books I use to read in the 1990's.. They were mostly star trek and movie books.

Been watching DS9 again with my family on DVD. We just recently finished the 6-episode arc that kicks off season six. Good lord, that's some good television!

And after that comes "You Are Cordially Invited," which is an absolute joy to watch. "It's a Klingon bachelor party... use your imagination!" :D

[quote name='BustaUppa']Been watching DS9 again with my family on DVD. We just recently finished the 6-episode arc that kicks off season six. Good lord, that's some good television!

And after that comes "You Are Cordially Invited," which is an absolute joy to watch. "It's a Klingon bachelor party... use your imagination!" :D[/quote]

The later seasons of DS9 are some of the finest television I have ever watched.

you know given the fact that JMS went back and started doing the Lost Tails DVDs , it would be nice if Paramount did this as well... go in and tell us what happened to Sisko. I know there is a re-launch book series, but meh. Anyways I think it would be great since ST 11 is coming next year.

So, what's your opinion on Star Trek Enterprise?

I know most Star Trek fans don't like the series, but I LOVE it. Its possibly my favorite of all the Star Trek series. Season 4 (IMO) is possibly some of the finest Star Trek episodes ever. I think the series as a whole is under appreciated.

I thought it was great... some people hated it because it was *before* Kirk's time..but I kinda liked it in the beginning as it was like humanities first encounters with the Klingon's, Romulans, and their problems with the Vulcans. But then they started pushing TNG shit on us like Time travel, Ferriengi (sp?) and other stuff like the borg. However that borg episode was really good and creepy.

It was a great show (with the exception of that temporal cold war shit) however Smallville was just too much for it and after 4 seasons (the 4th being the good one) the producers gave us a shitty finale. :( No 2 hour finale (like the other series got), a pointless death of a major character, wrapped up in a Troy/Riker episode that Riker needed help deciding what was the right thing to do so he goes to the holodeck and watches the final Enterprise mission...meh...

Fans wanted it to be moved to Sci Fi channel, but they said no........instead they got the rights to rebroadcast the series... fuck that.

Season 4 of Enterprise was one of, if not the best season of any Star Trek series. However, I wasn't a huge fan of seasons 1 and 2, and while season 3 was better then 1 and 2, I didn't think it was great either.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Season 4 of Enterprise was one of, if not the best season of any Star Trek series. However, I wasn't a huge fan of seasons 1 and 2, and while season 3 was better then 1 and 2, I didn't think it was great either.[/QUOTE]

One and two were good/great , 3 was just plain stupid...4 was pretty good/great. they really had to fuck things up by having that naked rear scene with T'pol in season 3 when she and him have sex just to boast ratings.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The later seasons of DS9 are some of the finest television I have ever watched.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to punch myself in the throat everytime Dukat started talking about the Pah-Wraiths.

The new Uhura is HOT.

zoe_thum.jpg

Looks like Zoe Saldana (I posted her in the babe threads many moons ago), and yes she is indeed hot. :drool:

Yep it's her. Here's the pics I posted two years ago.

awww shit it's that officer chick from The Terminal who marries that baggage guy.
Damn!!!

Open HAILING FREQUENCIES !!!!

Chris Pine confirmed as Kirk!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=280147&gt1=7701

Pine Joins 'Trek' Cast As Young Kirk
Oct. 18, 2007, 4:37 PM EST

The Associated Press

The bridge of the starship Enterprise is filling up.

Chris Pine, who had been in talks to join the cast of J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" flick, will play the young James Kirk, while Karl Urban will take on the role of Dr. Leonard McCoy, distributor Paramount confirmed Thursday.

They join previously announced cast members Zachary Quinto as Vulcan scientist Spock, Simon Pegg as engineer Scotty, John Cho as helmsman Sulu, Zoe Saldana as communications officer Uhura and Anton Yelchin as navigator Chekov.

Leonard Nimoy, who played Enterprise science officer Spock in the 1960s TV series and six "Star Trek" feature films, also will appear as an older version of the Vulcan.

Eric Bana, the star of Steven Spielberg's "Munich" and Ang Lee's "Hulk," is playing a villain in the "Trek" film, which begins shooting in November and is due out in December 2008.

Abrams, creator of "Lost" and director of "Mission: Impossible III," is keeping the plot secret for the film that follows the early days of the "Star Trek" crew, which was led by William Shatner as the bold Capt. Kirk.

Pine's credits include the movies "Smokin' Aces" and "Just My Luck," while Urban appeared in two of the "The Lord of the Rings" movies and "The Bourne Supremacy."

It looks like Spike has dumped TNG, and I don't see it on G4 either. Shame.

May have to start renting all the series and *ahem* watch them. I think that shall be the only way I ever have ST on demand.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It looks like Spike has dumped TNG, and I don't see it on G4 either. Shame.

May have to start renting all the series and *ahem* watch them. I think that shall be the only way I ever have ST on demand.[/quote]

I wonder why TNG is the only series they have NONE of on Live Marketplace?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Hmm, interesting. I wonder if someone bought the license?[/quote]

Spike had a ten year deal to show Star Trek shows (TNG, DS9, and Voy only) IIRC. That was signed when they were "The New TNN" . They should still have a few years left on it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Spike had a ten year deal to show Star Trek shows (TNG, DS9, and Voy only) IIRC. That was signed when they were "The New TNN" . They should still have a few years left on it.[/quote]

The deal is odd.

I can't remember when it started, but let's say in 2000 they got TNG rights, then they got the DS9 rights in 2003, and Voyager rights in 2006. TNG rights ran out before hand, that's why so much Voyager is on because they will have that until the deal ends.

But it does suck that we go from a few channels showing TNG to maybe one, Nick @ Nite.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Anyone got that new set yet? I think I am going to get it this week.[/QUOTE]

nope... Although cheaper then the 700+ dollars I spent 5 years ago, with the HD-DVD set of ToS HD coming out next month, I might as well save for that since I don't have ToS to begin with. Paramount has stated if ToS HD sales are successful, then you can bet we will get TNG HD. Maybe this is why Spike is no longer showing it. Perhaps Paramount has a TNG HD Surprise coming soon :O

bread's done
Back