Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - Gen Discussion & Info

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
2iqycnc.jpg

Information
The No.1 Head-to-Head Fighting game franchise based on Naruto arrives on PLAYSTATION®3 for the first time to reign supreme in the next generation of video gaming. Armed with gorgeous cinematic quality HD graphics, a revolutionary next-gen battle system, interactive multi-dimensional battle grounds and seamlessly explorable world of Naruto, Naruto Ultimate Ninja STORM will capture the heart of any Naruto fan! Your dream to LIVE AND BREATHE THE SHOW will come true!

Features:
  • Experience Jaw-Dropping Cinematic Quality HD Graphics: Witness the cinema-quality animation comes to life in high definition. The line between Naruto animation and game graphics will truly disappear!

• Roam Freely On Dynamic Multi-Dimensional Battle Grounds: Prepare to battle on robust, multi-dimensional battle grounds. Take advantage of the unique characteristics of each battle field! Battle is no longer limited to flat ground surfaces.

• Unleash Your Ninja Dream Team: Form your own three-man dream squad to battle your opponents! Unleash your allies to defend you in battle, or order them to perform cooperative attacks against your opponents!

• Discover A Brand New Mission Based Adventure Mode: Challenge a total of 100 compelling missions in Ultimate Mission Mode and experience the original animated TV series storyline up through the Sasuke Retrieval Arc!

• Unleash Massive Secret Techniques on An Unprecedented Scale: Using the power of the PLAYSTATION®3, you can now destroy your enemies with bigger, meaner, stronger and more cinematic secret techniques than ever before!

• Master 25 Fully Transformable Warriors: Behold your characters transforming into powerful superior warriors in battle! All characters will possess amazing power that will expand the very scale of a battle to the next level!
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Naruto_Ultimate_Ninja_Storm

FREE DLC.

Official Site

SKUs
RE
270282b.jpg

LE
270315b.jpg
Limited Edition Content:
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja(r): Storm game
  • Exclusive Original Sound Track CD
  • Limited Edition SteelBook Case
  • Exclusive Limited Edition Collectible Cards
  • Limited Edition Laser Cel

Reviews
IGN = 8.4 / 10

Last edited by a moderator:
are those in game screenshots (from the mag) cause it looks just like it was ripped straight from the cartoon.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So is this a port of the 360 game (or maybe just a similar approach?) or is it something new entirely?[/QUOTE]New game, and here's the breakdown

Naruto on Xbox platforms = Ubi Soft.

Naruto on PS platforms = Namco Bandai.

Naruto on Nintendo platforms = D3/Tomy

its really kinda curious with this game since it is a japanese company to not have the game set where the anime and manga in japan is now, instead its where the american version is. Not sure how the japanese will take it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']its really kinda curious with this game since it is a japanese company to not have the game set where the anime and manga in japan is now, instead its where the american version is. Not sure how the japanese will take it.[/QUOTE]This version is made in Japan. The 360 Naruto is made in the West.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This version is made in Japan. The 360 Naruto is made in the West.[/QUOTE]

right but thats young naruto, in japan there is older already. The game is made in Japan, so why are they making a young naruto game?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']New game, and here's the breakdown

Naruto on Xbox platforms = Ubi Soft.

Naruto on PS platforms = Namco Bandai.

Naruto on Nintendo platforms = D3/Tomy[/quote]
I know that. I'm refering to the gameplay itself, whether it's like the 360 game or not.

Ah, I see. Right now it looks similar, but we'll see what the game looks like more in-depth later. I'm definitely excited, since I love anime based games.

Where's my DB(Z) game? :'( Or is there not any money to be made on that franchise anymore?

Interesting to see how that pans out, though.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Where's my DB(Z) game? :'( Or is there not any money to be made on that franchise anymore?

Interesting to see how that pans out, though.[/quote]
It's on the Wii and PS2. ;)

Doesn't the above video imply that they haven't really begun working on the game? So the things we're seeing (including the graphics) are just concepts for now and not even close to the final product?

They say PS3 project, but development is kind of far along I believe. I believe they still call it "project" because they aren't sure yet of its final name, but it's definitely Naruto on PS3.

Just call it Naruto Gekitouden or Naruto Hishouden or Naruto: LEGACY DAMA
I swear they make some of the weirdest titles for their games.

The 360 game is a fighting/adventure game right? This one looks like an action game, and if it is I'd probably give it a shot if it was decent.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Where's my DB(Z) game? :'( Or is there not any money to be made on that franchise anymore?

Interesting to see how that pans out, though.[/QUOTE]

thats what I'm waiting on! Promblem with DB(Z) is what can they do to make a game that doesn't feel like a straight rehast of what's already been done for the dragonball Z series of games.
Z

Over at the official Naruto fan community, Hokage's Room, Namco Bandai is asking fans of the anime to help them name the new Naruto game for the PS3. The upcoming title is the next in the Ultimate Ninja fighting series and should be coming out later this year.

If you're a Naruto fan, this is an excellent way to get involved with your favorite anime -- especially if you're hyped up for the game. Even if you're not a fan, it might be fun to just drop your suggestion; afterall, how many chances do you have to name a game? It might even lead to a career in game-naming. Perhaps. Check out all the details here.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/02/27/help-name-the-next-naruto-game/

There was just a naming contest going on for this game, unfortunately it appears I missed it and forgot to tell you all about it (sorry, had a busy week). Let's see what the name will be, but it should definitely be coming stateside (probably next year I think).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was just about to rename my thread with the new title this morning, but you beat me to it buddy. :)

I'll go there and vote for a cover (since I am a member).[/quote]

Woops sorry about that, didn't mean to basically hijack your thread like that :oops:

Normally, I dismiss licensed anime games off hand, but after playing the Bleach DS game, this could turn out really well. Especially since some publishers are realizing that a good game and a good license does even better.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Those images really look good. I'm definitely excited about this. :D[/QUOTE]

The game won't look like that.

[quote name='zewone']Those aren't even close to the same quality smart ass.[/quote]

Then you need to get your eyes checked, smart ass. Not even close? What are you, insane?

[quote name='earvcunanan']Then you need to get your eyes checked, smart ass. Not even close? What are you, insane?[/quote]

Dude, they aren't even close. These screens look a lot better.

In the new GI, they say the game looks this good in motion. I find it hard to believe, but I'd buy it if it looks that good.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Then you need to get your eyes checked, smart ass. Not even close? What are you, insane?[/QUOTE]

Then you're blind or an idiot.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Next gen ps3 Naruto project named!

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

So far they are having a poll at Hokage's room to decide which of 6 cover arts to use.

package_a.jpg

package_b.jpg

package_c.jpg

package_d.jpg

package_e.jpg

package_f.jpg
[/quote]

1st or 2nd cover better win.

I just got the :360: version of the game...this one is shaping up pretty damn good...I'll most likely pick it up at launch.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']1st or 2nd cover better win.

I just got the :360: version of the game...this one is shaping up pretty damn good...I'll most likely pick it up at launch.[/QUOTE]I agree, because that's what I chose. CyberConnect2 is a pretty good dev, so I have faith this will be good. :)

Those are the ugliest covers I've ever seen in my life. The artwork is nice, but the the word "storm" and the way its drawn is what makes the covers look like crap. I'm choosing the 3rd one,

bread's done
Back