Photo
- - - - -

All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

• Please log in to reply
1738 replies to this topic

#31 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:52 AM

I swear I was gonna make this last week. I didn't know if it'd be a good idea or not.
I think it'd be good to re-mention Grigmiore and Shining Force EXA, both for PS2 for 20.00. Clearance or not, it's pretty universal.
Also I saw a Play Amp by Logitech for PSP was 15.00. This was Apache Junction, AZ. Also the DS and GBA holiday bundles with the carrying case were 14.99. This seems to be a universal drop though.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#32 Pinnacle

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

In 2005 I found dreamcast games at a NEW Walmart. I kid you not. Apparently, they had been transfered from an older store that had been shut down.

2005, folks.

#33 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

I just gave you the example of nintendogs. someone posted Wii Play for $25. Do you really thing thats on the list? Markdowns are up to individual store.

Never mind. You missed the other part of the argument. I didn't mean proof of YMMV, I meant proof there was never the same item on clearance in multiple stores in different areas. Which over the years have included black 360 peripherals, Gameboy Players, Playstation 2 HDs just to name a couple off the top of my head.

#34 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Video Now Players for 3$ (toy department)

I saw 2 young employees marking all the stuff down in toys, said they were given a $3000 limit to work with, but thought they would go over that. So its true that walmart gives stores a set amount of dollars to clearance and then distributes that over the various items on the clearance piles. Not 5 min after I got to the clearance toys the resellers hit and started snapping up everything in sight and loading down 2-3 carts each, strangely they were taking all the walmart off brand toys and leaving the good stuff behind.

The clearance values they assign to the items seem to be pretty arbitrary, they have the employee walk around with a price scanner, scan each item, then assign a value to it on their own, they are like, ok this item is 1$, this is 3$ etc.. There is no markdown schedule sent from corporate.

The values are based on walmarts original pricing though, which for some items, isn't all that great!

No I don't work for walmart and never had, I just stayed in the toy aisle long enough to overhear the 2 clerks talking. This was clearly a case of being in the right place at the right time.

#35 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

ya, the plastic would kill them, that would not be cool.

Yeah but that's like killing 2 bums with one stone.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#36 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

Never mind. You missed the other part of the argument. I didn't mean proof of YMMV, I meant proof there was never the same item on clearance in multiple stores in different areas. Which over the years have included black 360 peripherals, Gameboy Players, Playstation 2 HDs just to name a couple off the top of my head.

i see you point but people are posting whatever deal they can find, and not just clearance stuff. If people are just posting local deals then it should go to regional section.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#37 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

Picked up Empire Earth III for 12$ last night and 2000 Wii Points and classic controller glove for 11$
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#38 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

i see you point but people are posting whatever deal they can find, and not just clearance stuff. If people are just posting local deals then it should go to regional section.

How do you know the difference? Wait until somebody is in two different states to verify they got XXX at 19.99 and XXX at 14.99 at a different Wal-Mart? I'd rather filter it myself so I know what to watch out for in the coming days/weeks/months. If they put everything that was clearance in one place it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but in my experience that isn't the case.

#39 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

Lexington, VA:

Halo 2 for $19.82

which I believe is $10 below MSRP, so an OK deal if you need a new copy.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#40 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

Lexington, VA:

Halo 2 for $19.82

which I believe is $10 below MSRP, so an OK deal if you need a new copy.

no thats was "HQ" mark down that went down a few weeks.

#41 NTolerance

NTolerance

Vich one of you is crying

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:15 AM

:360:

Spotted this in Wake Forest, NC. Shelf label clearly read $39.99 as a non-sale, non-clearance price. Walmart website says $59.99, so at the very least this B&M only and as always with Walmart this is extremely YMMV.

#42 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

I found Project Sylpheed and Earth Defense force 2017 for $8.96 each at the wal-mart in Lithonia, GA, extreme YMMV.

In 2005 I found dreamcast games at a NEW Walmart. I kid you not. Apparently, they had been transfered from an older store that had been shut down.

2005, folks.

The wal-mart I just listed also has a sealed copy of mario party 3 (n64) for sale.

#43 dealer

dealer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

Madden 2004 for Playstation 1 for $29.99. No I won't tell you where it is, I want it all to myself!!!

The $19.99 bin at our Walmart had (has) a copy of March Madness 2004 (with Melo on the cover) for PS2 still.

#44 roncoalition

roncoalition

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

Princeton, NJ location-- about 4 days ago:

Wii USB Lan adapter - $5
Xbox LIVE 12 month Vision Cam Bundle - $40

not bad, eh? They usually have nothing good but I got lucky this time.

Oh once they had a PS2 eyetoy for $7, that was good too

Posted Image

#45 Ronin317

Ronin317

The Yinzer Slayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Fox Chapel, Pittsburgh, PA - NASCAR 2004 for the PS1...on clearance for $29.00!
Posted Image

#46 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Madden 2007 PS3 49.00

#47 guyinga

guyinga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I got Tales of the Abyss for PS2 at $19.82 at the Wal-Mart in Union City, GA yesterday

84668.png

POEman553.png

#48 bucklam66

bucklam66

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

Elite Beat Agents, 3 stylus, and case for 6.99 at Lima, Ohio super walmart. Also Tales of the Abyss for 19.82 as well.

#49 gAm3 Fr3aQu3

gAm3 Fr3aQu3

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

So I was at Wal-Mart about 3 days ago and saw Ridge Racer 7 for PS3 RT'ed (Red tagged) for $15.00. I didn't have my wallet on me that day so I said to myself that I'll get it the next day... totally forgot about that 'til now.

I went back today to get the game, but it wasn't there anymore. :cry:
Then I just browsed around and came upon a clearance rack with very few 360/XB1/NGC/PS2 games left at dirt cheap prices ($5-$25). I looked through them and found Zelda Twilight Princess.

I grabbed it right away since the game still goes for $50 at BB and Gamestop/EB (and $40 used, I believe).

I'm not sure if it's YMMV or not, but it doesn't hurt to check out your local Wal-Mart and look for the Red Tagged games.

Oh yeah, this was at the San Leandro, CA Davis St. location if anyone local is curious.

Just thought I'd share.

Posted Image

#50 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:51 AM

Last Copy?

#51 gAm3 Fr3aQu3

gAm3 Fr3aQu3

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:59 AM

There were 3 copies behind the glass display where all the other current games are in. The one I grabbed was just sitting in the clearance rack.

#52 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:11 AM

The Walmarts here are a freakin' joke. They never had any regional clearance games. Everything is around MSRP. One of them even had a couple of opened-and-then-resealed ancient PSP 1800mAh battery for $40 each.

#53 Darthjer

Darthjer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

Because of the YMMV-ness of Wal-Mart, it's earned it's own thread...

On a related note, I heard that one time, there was this guy who had a friend, who had a cousin that saw a Wal-Mart deal on here and then went to his Wal-Mart, and get this, the deal was there too. I still don't believe it... ;-)

It's good to get the word out there, though. Maybe somebody... somewhere...

#54 jjmai

jjmai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

gamecube version only?

#55 billmanure

billmanure

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

The Walmarts here are a freakin' joke. They never had any regional clearance games. Everything is around MSRP. One of them even had a couple of opened-and-then-resealed ancient PSP 1800mAh battery for $40 each.

You must live by the same one I do. Clearance prices are about 2% below msrp, and they never have any of these ymmv even if the product is in stock. I go there for food and dont even look in the electronics, cause I know there isnt any deals.

#56 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

The Wal-Marts near me knock like $2 off the price and call it a "CLEARANCE".:bomb:
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#57 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

I seen at MicroCenters game section in-store for $35.00
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#58 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

went to the san leandro walmart today. no zelda but got the last copy of those games
hotel dusk $15
Magnetica $15
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $20

#59 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:12 AM

went to the san leandro walmart today. no zelda but got the last copy of those games
hotel dusk $15
Magnetica $15
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $20

Congrats.
Hotel Dusk is a nice find.

I guess good I didn't go XD

#60 jello44

jello44

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:26 AM

Went to the South Philly Wal Mart, I found Jack and his brother Squat.