All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Beat Agents, 3 stylus, and case for 6.99 at Lima, Ohio super walmart. Also Tales of the Abyss for 19.82 as well.

So I was at Wal-Mart about 3 days ago and saw Ridge Racer 7 for PS3 RT'ed (Red tagged) for $15.00. I didn't have my wallet on me that day so I said to myself that I'll get it the next day... totally forgot about that 'til now.

I went back today to get the game, but it wasn't there anymore. :cry:
Then I just browsed around and came upon a clearance rack with very few 360/XB1/NGC/PS2 games left at dirt cheap prices ($5-$25). I looked through them and found Zelda Twilight Princess.

I grabbed it right away since the game still goes for $50 at BB and Gamestop/EB (and $40 used, I believe).

I'm not sure if it's YMMV or not, but it doesn't hurt to check out your local Wal-Mart and look for the Red Tagged games.

Oh yeah, this was at the San Leandro, CA Davis St. location if anyone local is curious.

Just thought I'd share.

There were 3 copies behind the glass display where all the other current games are in. The one I grabbed was just sitting in the clearance rack.

The Walmarts here are a freakin' joke. They never had any regional clearance games. Everything is around MSRP. One of them even had a couple of opened-and-then-resealed ancient PSP 1800mAh battery for $40 each.

Because of the YMMV-ness of Wal-Mart, it's earned it's own thread...

On a related note, I heard that one time, there was this guy who had a friend, who had a cousin that saw a Wal-Mart deal on here and then went to his Wal-Mart, and get this, the deal was there too. I still don't believe it... ;-)

It's good to get the word out there, though. Maybe somebody... somewhere...

[quote name='eau']The Walmarts here are a freakin' joke. They never had any regional clearance games. Everything is around MSRP. One of them even had a couple of opened-and-then-resealed ancient PSP 1800mAh battery for $40 each.[/quote]

You must live by the same one I do. Clearance prices are about 2% below msrp, and they never have any of these ymmv even if the product is in stock. I go there for food and dont even look in the electronics, cause I know there isnt any deals.

went to the san leandro walmart today. no zelda but got the last copy of those games
hotel dusk $15
Magnetica $15
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $20

[quote name='62t']went to the san leandro walmart today. no zelda but got the last copy of those games
hotel dusk $15
Magnetica $15
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $20[/quote]

Congrats.
Hotel Dusk is a nice find.

I guess good I didn't go XD

[quote name='Pinnacle']In 2005 I found dreamcast games at a NEW Walmart. I kid you not. Apparently, they had been transfered from an older store that had been shut down.

2005, folks.[/QUOTE]

wish I remembered which games they were but I found two Dreamcast titles at Walmart for 30 and 35, last June: that's 2007, DC titles, absurd prices

[quote name='62t']went to the san leandro walmart today. no zelda but got the last copy of those games
hotel dusk $15
Magnetica $15
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $20[/quote]
WTH, I didn't see any of them when I was there yesterday, Lol.

Umm, I was in a fairly small Wal-MArt and they had a huge Display of Dual Shock 2's for the PS2 for $10.00. Don't know if it was posted, but I live in Western Wisconsin about 45 minutes from MSP Twin Cities (MN).

Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg, PA: Last time I was to the Super WalMart there(which was a month ago or MORE easily), they had dual layer DVD-RW drives on clearance. I don't actually recall the price, but it was UNDER $100 easily.

Sebring Florida WM#666
The WM I work at had a clearance cart at the front of the store that had everything already in it on clearance, marked down to 50% off the clearance price.

I got an Xbox 360 wireless adapter for $40 and a PS3 mediaboard for $10 :D

Umm, I was in a fairly small Wal-MArt and they had a huge Display of Dual Shock 2's for the PS2 for $10.00. Don't know if it was posted, but I live in Western Wisconsin about 45 minutes from MSP Twin Cities (MN).

Those are non dualshock ps2 controllers and that is a standard price.

I picked up Prey CE for PC, a big WoW Dungeon Companion II strategy guide, and UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 for the 360 for $5 per item at the Kent/Ravenna Ohio Wal Mart.

They also had a bunch of other guides(like the Oblivion GOTY one) and some DS and PSP games for $5 also.

There were some old Xbox games, but I don't remember what any were.

This was a week ago that I did this.

Im near a lowly walmart here in Desloge Missouri, and they're selling this

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000W5RBQE/bookstorenow90-20

Logitech cordless Bluetooth PS3/PC keyboard, for 25$

Also saw the black wireless battery packs for XBOX360 for 7$.

This walmart is usually notorious for having games at high prices though. Rainbow Six Vegas for instance was 60$ until last week, I guess that's only cuz Vegas 2.

New here btw, love this site.

Hey guys, this is my first time posting, so if I did this wrong, I'm sorry. I didn't see this posted anywhere else on here, but the Wal-mart in Rockford, Illinois was having a huge sale on games. Things I remember off the top of my head:

360:
Skate: $15
Scene-It: $20
Eternal Sonata: $15
Rainbow Six Vegas: $10

PS2:
.Hack//GU Vol.3: $15
Dawn of Mana: $15

PS3:
Heavenly Sword: $30
Eye of Judgement Bundle: $40

There were a lot more. No wii/DS games on the sale as far as I can tell. I remember there being a fair amount of sports games on sale as well. The ones up there were the one that stood out the most to me that I can remember.

Hope I did this right *crosses fingers*.

This was the one on E.State St behind the Texas Roadhouse and all that.

I was just there yesterday. Picked up Eternal Sonata for myself.

Thanks OP, I'm down in the Quad Cities so I'll have to check the 3 Wal-Marts we have down here. I would absolutely LOVE to get Skate for $15. I wonder if it would be the same price for the PS3 version.

As for the Wal-Mart Clearance thread, I tend to stay away from those threads because they are hard to follow if one hasn't been watching it.

[quote name='vidGuy']The Quad Cities of Illinois and Iowa? That's where I'm at! I'll be checking a few stores today.[/quote]
You bet brother, living in RI and looking to move to Bettendorf.

Hey vidGuy, if you find anything would you mind shooting me a PM? I know I won't be able to get there until tomorrow sometime.

All these deals I see on Eternal Sonata all the time anger me since I never find them around here. :bomb: I found a TON of Rogue Galaxies, GrimGrimoires, and Shining Force Neos during that last drop, though. Too bad I only really wanted one of those games (RG) and that ended up being a disappointment.

If anybody finds an Eternal Sonata I'll be glad to buy it from you.

Looks like I'm going to be heading to Wal-Mart before class tonight. I haven't gotten .hack//G.U. Vol. 3 yet. $15 is a steal, if I can find it.

[quote name='DJSteel']i'd pay 30 + shipping for skate and eternal sonata..[/quote]

Wow, what a terrible offer. At least offer to pay for his sales tax and maybe a buck or two to cover gas.

just went to walmart in dekalb(not far from rockford) they had a bunch of crappy games on a shelf, but none of those games.

Is anybody familiar enough with the search function on Wal-Mart's website to know if clearance titles show up there? Most of the time when I search for an old game, it only gives results for a few stores around me, and they change depending on the game. Eternal Sonata, for instance, returns 3 stores (none of which are the 2 closest to me) and a price of $39.99. I'm wondering if the stores that are missing, aka the ones that don't stock the game according to the website, are possibly the ones that have clearanced the game.

[quote name='Monroeski']Is anybody familiar enough with the search function on Wal-Mart's website to know if clearance titles show up there? Most of the time when I search for an old game, it only gives results for a few stores around me, and they change depending on the game. Eternal Sonata, for instance, returns 3 stores (none of which are the 2 closest to me) and a price of $39.99. I'm wondering if the stores that are missing, aka the ones that don't stock the game according to the website, are possibly the ones that have clearanced the game.[/quote]

i can verify that clearanced items show up as "in stock" when using the in-store locator

[quote name='daminion']Wow, what a terrible offer. At least offer to pay for his sales tax and maybe a buck or two to cover gas.[/QUOTE]

i figured that was obviously covered. I would pay for sales tax + maybe a few bucks for gas.. i would hope that anyone that would do it would PM before hand and we would discuss all the info through PM.. thanks for criticizing...

Heavenly Sword was still listed at $60 at my Wal-Mart, but I didn't have time to price check.

Dawn of Mana was still $40, or whatever the original listing price was - again, no time to price check.

I'll just assume they didn't have time to mark them down yet.

[quote name='rockzero']
Dawn of Mana: $15
[/quote]lol the walmart around here has a lone copy of this going for $49.xx

To answer some questions:

All the games were in the case. They had Wal-mart's giant "SALE" papers with the price listed underneath over the typical price stickers that are on the racks the games are on. The games THEMSELVES still had the green price stickers with the original price. When it rang up it went to the sale price.

As for people asking me to pick things up, I'm sorry, but I really can't. I'm going to be going out of town soon and I don't have enough time to do all of this. Sorry to dissapoint :(.

[quote name='rockzero']To answer some questions:

All the games were in the case. They had Wal-mart's giant "SALE" papers with the price listed underneath over the typical price stickers that are on the racks the games are on. The games THEMSELVES still had the green price stickers with the original price. When it rang up it went to the sale price.

As for people asking me to pick things up, I'm sorry, but I really can't. I'm going to be going out of town soon and I don't have enough time to do all of this. Sorry to dissapoint :(.[/quote]

Heavenly Sword didn't even have a "SALE" sticker or tag under it. It still just said $59.99. :/

Like I said, I'm just assuming they haven't marked the games down yet, since I didn't get a chance to price check it (and I hate dealing with Wal-Mart employees; they always seem to want to avoid PC'ing things).

bread's done
Back