Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

• Please log in to reply
701 replies to this topic

#31 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

What a shit subtitle. I hope they dump that.

Anyways, I liked TF1 and wouldn't change it at all, but I would like them to change tone/pace a bit for the sequel and focus more on the Transformers themselves (which I'd like to see at least twice as many of in part 2). More battles, less masturbation and piss gags. And absolutely, for the love of Fuck, 100% less Linkin Park songs. Please. And an infinite increase in orchestrated versions of the old TV show theme.

Also, Arcee, Fuck yeah.

I don't understand the line "by the matrix" in the VGcats comic. Do they mean, "BUY the Toyota Matrix" i.e. a joke about product placement? Or is it a reference to the film?

I can only assume they're referencing the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

I don't understand the line "by the matrix" in the VGcats comic. Do they mean, "BUY the Toyota Matrix" i.e. a joke about product placement? Or is it a reference to the film?

No no... they meant the creation matrix.

What a shit subtitle. I hope they dump that.

Anyways, I liked TF1 and wouldn't change it at all, but I would like them to change tone/pace a bit for the sequel and focus more on the Transformers themselves (which I'd like to see at least twice as many of in part 2). More battles, less masturbation and piss gags. And absolutely, for the love of Fuck, 100% less Linkin Park songs. Please. And an infinite increase in orchestrated versions of the old TV show theme.

Also, Arcee, Fuck yeah.

I doubt they will drop the subtitle. Megan was too crispy in the movie.

Not all of the music was from Linkin Park. The Album was good and the score was great.

I am really curious how are they going to introduce new transformer life forms (born on earth) or does everyone arrive from Cybertron?

#33 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

Not all of the music was from Linkin Park.

Never said it was. I just singled them out as being especially heinous. I want 100% less of all forms of teen angst rock in TF2, period.

Also, I liked the score, too.
Hi...

Posted Image

#34 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

To elaborate a bit on ITDEFX's comment, it's an exclamation. Replace 'matrix' w/ 'gods' (or if your a Star Wars fan, 'Maker') and you'll get it.
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#35 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

Subtitle is horrid, but I can't wait for this film :D

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#36 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

I'd rather just watch the new cartoon.

Honestly, the hideous robot designs are what stopped me from seeing the first and will keep me from the second.

PaulManda.png

#37 Phorty Ounce

Phorty Ounce

Butternut Reduction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

Seriously? "Revenge of the Fallen"? Why not call it a more kick your ass name like:

Transformers 2: F*** Tha Police

ROOOOOOOOAOAAAAARRR.
Posted Image

#38 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

hehe, last time I was very close to a filming location was back in 1998 in Miami during the "There's something about Mary".

So where is that pention to get Susan Blu to do the voice of Arcee?

#39 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

I am really curious how are they going to introduce new transformer life forms (born on earth) or does everyone arrive from Cybertron?

Probably Cybertron. IIRC, the 1st one mentioned Cybertron was destroyed & that they were scattered through out the galaxy looking for the allspark. Then at the end, Prime urged all Autobots throughout the galaxy to come to earth.

One thing I wish would be part of the sequel would be Megatron coming back as Galvatron due to the allspark changing him. No mention yet if Starscream is the new leader or someone entirely new(Soundwave?).

#40 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

Probably Cybertron. IIRC, the 1st one mentioned Cybertron was destroyed & that they were scattered through out the galaxy looking for the allspark. Then at the end, Prime urged all Autobots throughout the galaxy to come to earth.

One thing I wish would be part of the sequel would be Megatron coming back as Galvatron due to the allspark changing him. No mention yet if Starscream is the new leader or someone entirely new(Soundwave?).

I don't think Cybertron was "destroyed" but more ravaged by the war between the two factions. I have mixed feelings with Megatron coming back as Galvatron.
If we had a hint at the end of the first movie of this, ok, but I think Megatron is dead and won't come back. That doesn't mean that Frank Welker can't voice other decepticons right?

Starscream will be back and if the title suggests, he will be back with a full armada of deceptions to give the autobots hell. I really want to see the constructions form devistator.

#41 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

I'd rather just watch the new cartoon.

Honestly, the hideous robot designs are what stopped me from seeing the first and will keep me from the second.

Wait a minute...so, you didn't see the movie because of "hideous robot designs," but you will watch the new cartoon? Seriously?

This doesn't classify as "hideous robot designs"?
Posted Image
Hi...

Posted Image

#42 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:03 AM

The movie sounds interesting heck anything transformers I will go see.

#43 mrlokievil

mrlokievil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:06 AM

I don't see why they need humans in a transformer movie. Do they not realize giant robots fighting and destroying stuff is enough?
Wii code: 5985 6698 1066 2949

PS3 username: MrLokiEvil

#44 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:11 AM

More of this please:

Posted Image

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#45 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

I don't see why they need humans in a transformer movie. Do they not realize giant robots fighting and destroying stuff is enough?

Well, do keep in mind that there were humans in the original TV show, too.

See, I think a lot of the people that talk about wanting zero humans in the movie either don't remember, or never actually saw the old cartoon. Because humans were definitely a factor. Definitely not as much as they were in the movie, but still.

Also, mrlokievil, not calling you out or anything, just making a point.
Hi...

Posted Image

#46 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:02 AM

Wait a minute...so, you didn't see the movie because of "hideous robot designs," but you will watch the new cartoon? Seriously?

Posted Image

Keep that monstrosity out of this thread!! Linkinprime has a thread for that cartoon elsewhere.

More of this please:

Posted Image

At this point I do not want her in the movie. They should have broken up by now, but my guess is that Arcee will be her gaurdian as Bumblebee is Sam's.

oh well.

#47 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

Stylized yes, poorly designed no.

The movie Transformers look like a bunch of McFarlane figures taped together.

PaulManda.png

#48 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:14 AM

Stylized yes, poorly designed no.

The movie Transformers look like a bunch of McFarlane figures taped together.

If you say so...

I prefer my Transformers not looking like disproportionate gorillas suffering from severe muscular dystrophy, but whatever...
Hi...

Posted Image

#49 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:19 AM

If you say so...

I prefer my Transformers not looking like disproportionate gorillas suffering from severe muscular dystrophy, but whatever...

But if they paint some flames on a pile of scrap metal and Mountain Dew cans, you're game?

PaulManda.png

#50 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:19 AM

To be honest, Megan Fox was the only good thing about Transformers.

#51 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:29 AM

But if they paint some flames on a pile of scrap metal and Mountain Dew cans, you're game?

I'm taking the lesser of two evils. Nothin' wrong with that.

But hey, I respect that they felt that this (while being awesome in it's own right) just wouldn't have transferred well to the big screen, completely unchanged, in 2007:
Posted Image
Hi...

Posted Image

#52 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

It will be great as long as they get Judd Nelson to play Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime again. Because that is the awesomeness that the old animated movie had.

Sorry, sarcasm happens sometimes.

The last movie wasn't that bad, and I'm sure the next one will be ok too.

#53 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:33 AM

At least the animated show adheres somewhat to the original robot designs.

They barely look like Transformers at all... Megatron looks like something a teenage student of Giger would produce.

PaulManda.png

#54 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:14 AM

i wonder how bad the movie tie-in game will be? I know activision is working on a title based on the animated series released last year and a movie tie in one. damn I need to go back and finish the damn DS games.

#55 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

i wonder how bad the movie tie-in game will be? I know activision is working on a title based on the animated series released last year and a movie tie in one. damn I need to go back and finish the damn DS games.

The DS games had a better plot than the movie.

I'm definitely passing on the movie sequel this time around. Learned my lesson the first time.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#56 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

I finally saw about 30 minutes of the first film when it was playing at the gym the other week.

Redonkulously corny on a level that makes the Transformers cartoon look like Masterpiece Fuckin' Theatre.

Maybe this time the plot can involve the all-spark being sold on Craigslist.

I LOL'd as well, since aside from Megan Fox(or however ya spell her name) and Peter Cullen doing the voice of Prime, I despised this giant product placement ad for many GM vehicles and other products that was passed off as a movie.

If anything, I'm sure we'll see the return of some of the TF's who were dumped in the trench at the end of the movie and a few new characters.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#57 Wa-Keen

Wa-Keen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

I can't wait. :D
  • Animal Crossing City Folk: 4769-8848-6242
  • COD: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition: 1483-6586-0338
  • Twitter.com/Cal619Guy

#58 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

I LOL'd as well, since aside from Megan Fox(or however ya spell her name) and Peter Cullen doing the voice of Prime, I despised this giant product placement ad for many GM vehicles and other products that was passed off as a movie.

If anything, I'm sure we'll see the return of some of the TF's who were dumped in the trench at the end of the movie and a few new characters.

Considering how much money the first movie made and how fans hated the product placement, they might reduce it this time around since they have the money to do anything they want.

#59 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

True, but the real question is, will those who were jaded by the first movie actually go to see the second one? I know I'll simply watch it when/if it comes on some cable channel, since there's no way I'm spending even one cent for some more bs like the original.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#60 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

True, but the real question is, will those who were jaded by the first movie actually go to see the second one? I know I'll simply watch it when/if it comes on some cable channel, since there's no way I'm spending even one cent for some more bs like the original.

Money says those who thrashed the first movie in this thread and the other ones are most likely going to see it because all their friends are going to tell them that it was a great film and they will give in and go see it. In the end they will post here saying "I was planning on not seeing it but I saw it anyways and it wasn't bad" Believe me I had my own doubts when it was announced Michael Bay was directing it and was going to skip it but after the first real trailer hit, I was blown away.

I expect a teaser trailer by either the end of the summer OR by sometime in the fall.