Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='willardhaven']But if they paint some flames on a pile of scrap metal and Mountain Dew cans, you're game?[/QUOTE]

I'm taking the lesser of two evils. Nothin' wrong with that.

But hey, I respect that they felt that this (while being awesome in it's own right) just wouldn't have transferred well to the big screen, completely unchanged, in 2007:
optimus-prime-statue.jpg

It will be great as long as they get Judd Nelson to play Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime again. Because that is the awesomeness that the old animated movie had.

Sorry, sarcasm happens sometimes.

The last movie wasn't that bad, and I'm sure the next one will be ok too.

At least the animated show adheres somewhat to the original robot designs.

They barely look like Transformers at all... Megatron looks like something a teenage student of Giger would produce.

i wonder how bad the movie tie-in game will be? I know activision is working on a title based on the animated series released last year and a movie tie in one. damn I need to go back and finish the damn DS games.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i wonder how bad the movie tie-in game will be? I know activision is working on a title based on the animated series released last year and a movie tie in one. damn I need to go back and finish the damn DS games.[/QUOTE]

The DS games had a better plot than the movie.

I'm definitely passing on the movie sequel this time around. Learned my lesson the first time.

[quote name='mykevermin']I finally saw about 30 minutes of the first film when it was playing at the gym the other week.

Redonkulously corny on a level that makes the Transformers cartoon look like Masterpiece fuckin' Theatre.

Maybe this time the plot can involve the all-spark being sold on Craigslist.[/quote]

I LOL'd as well, since aside from Megan Fox(or however ya spell her name) and Peter Cullen doing the voice of Prime, I despised this giant product placement ad for many GM vehicles and other products that was passed off as a movie.

If anything, I'm sure we'll see the return of some of the TF's who were dumped in the trench at the end of the movie and a few new characters.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I LOL'd as well, since aside from Megan Fox(or however ya spell her name) and Peter Cullen doing the voice of Prime, I despised this giant product placement ad for many GM vehicles and other products that was passed off as a movie.

If anything, I'm sure we'll see the return of some of the TF's who were dumped in the trench at the end of the movie and a few new characters.[/quote]

Considering how much money the first movie made and how fans hated the product placement, they might reduce it this time around since they have the money to do anything they want.

True, but the real question is, will those who were jaded by the first movie actually go to see the second one? I know I'll simply watch it when/if it comes on some cable channel, since there's no way I'm spending even one cent for some more bs like the original.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True, but the real question is, will those who were jaded by the first movie actually go to see the second one? I know I'll simply watch it when/if it comes on some cable channel, since there's no way I'm spending even one cent for some more bs like the original.[/quote]

Money says those who thrashed the first movie in this thread and the other ones are most likely going to see it because all their friends are going to tell them that it was a great film and they will give in and go see it. In the end they will post here saying "I was planning on not seeing it but I saw it anyways and it wasn't bad" Believe me I had my own doubts when it was announced Michael Bay was directing it and was going to skip it but after the first real trailer hit, I was blown away.

I expect a teaser trailer by either the end of the summer OR by sometime in the fall.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hope they all get redesigns...as much as I got used to their 'organic' look, I prefer their classic look.[/quote]

I doubt it. It would be more efficient for them to keep the original designs rather than starting over. We might get more detailed (how much more detailed can they go after the first movie?!?!?!?) models or more complex animations, but that's it. I do want them to utilize the classic transforming sounds more, but I guess that sound doesn't fit well in the real world.

Oh well...

[quote name='ITDEFX']I doubt it. It would be more efficient for them to keep the original designs rather than starting over. We might get more detailed (how much more detailed can they go after the first movie?!?!?!?) models or more complex animations, but that's it. I do want them to utilize the classic transforming sounds more, but I guess that sound doesn't fit well in the real world.

Oh well...[/quote]

Even if they don't get a complete make over, you know that they'll have to change them somehow, after all they need to make money on the toys, they can't re-release the same toys from the first film.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Even if they don't get a complete make over, you know that they'll have to change them somehow, after all they need to make money on the toys, they can't re-release the same toys from the first film.[/quote]

Oh yes they can...

It happens all the time with movie sequels.

This is why I refuse to buy variations of the same mold.

ITDEFX I think it was you who wanted a Megatron without all the ice shit right? The "Premium" series has him without the ice, but its the $39.99 version.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']ITDEFX I think it was you who wanted a Megatron without all the ice shit right? The "Premium" series has him without the ice, but its the $39.99 version.[/quote]

You mean the big one? I actually passed on that. It would have been nice if they had a big sized version of all of them but at 40 bucks a pop x 13 it will be just too much for me. I will most likely pick up the iceman megatron when he reappears again in my area just to complete the set (minus scorponox)

Do wish they (hasbro) would complete the titanium mini versions of the figures.

There are a few set pics floating around that have partial shots of a new concept car being used in the movie that many believe to be the next Corvette. GM is supposed to unveil the C7 Vette at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan 09 so it wouldn't be surprising to see them attempt to build interest for the car with an appearance in Transformers like the did with the Camaro.

hmmm.... remember how last year I started noticing all those yellow with black stripes cameros in my area when the movie hit? I haven't seen any at all this year. Guess they will be back next year.

This is the problem with using real models of cars, every movie will have an updated version so the given car company gets their product placement.

[quote name='naiku']http://jalopnik.com/396185/bumblebe...d-cheating-on-megan-fox-on-transformers-2-set

some shots of the new bumblebee car on set. its a new Camero SS. different front nose and hood scoop. i really hope this movie doesn't suck as much as the first.

medium_2572830953_f7937e6d16_o.jpg
[/quote]

I don't believe that the orange car you posted is BumbleBee...its pretty much the same but the link you posted clearly shows him as yellow...I was scared at first that they made him orange :whistle2:s

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't believe that the orange car you posted is BumbleBee...its pretty much the same but the link you posted clearly shows him as yellow...I was scared at first that they made him orange :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Could just be the lighting.

[quote name='mykevermin']

Maybe this time the plot can involve the all-spark being sold on Craigslist.[/quote]im in for 20

this reminds me I gotta call my friend who the last time I spoke to him was working for DD for the effects on speed racer saying that if TF2 was a go, that DD was going to handle most of the effects this time around..but that was like 4 months ago that I last talked to him so I don't know if he is still working on it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True, but the real question is, will those who were jaded by the first movie actually go to see the second one? I know I'll simply watch it when/if it comes on some cable channel, since there's no way I'm spending even one cent for some more bs like the original.[/QUOTE]

Of course they will go see see the second. They need something else to bitch about.

I didn't mind the first one. Of course I wasn't expecting a masterpiece and I don't critique things to death like most Internet people do. If it takes my mind off of what's happening in the real world for at least 90 minutes, it works for me.

Anyone reading the Movie Prequel comics? I finished Reign of Starscream #1 and it was pretty good. Unlike the movie this explains alot about the Decepticons. I loved the cover, it was based on an older Marvel TF comic:

transformers1b.jpg
015.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']Anyone reading the Movie Prequel comics? I finished Reign of Starscream #1 and it was pretty good. Unlike the movie this explains alot about the Decepticons. I loved the cover, it was based on an older Marvel TF comic:

transformers1b.jpg
015.jpg
[/quote]

THIS IS OUT ALREADY!?!?! Where did you get it?

[quote name='Blitz']Of course they will go see see the second. They need something else to bitch about.

I didn't mind the first one. Of course I wasn't expecting a masterpiece and I don't critique things to death like most Internet people do. If it takes my mind off of what's happening in the real world for at least 90 minutes, it works for me.[/quote]

I liked SOME parts of the first one, but I'll just have to hope that it's released next summer and I can catch it as part of a double feature at the local drive-in again for $6 since $3 is about the most I'm willing to pay to see this.

I order my monthly comics through an online store. Issue #2 came out about a week or two ago. Hopefully you can still find issue #1 at your local comic book store.

Here's something interesting from the wiki:
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen[1] is an upcoming science fiction 3-D film

It's going to be in 3-D!?

also:

• Arcee, an Autobot motorcycle with a feminine personality and appearance.[34] Arcee was dropped from the first film, as the writers felt there was not enough time to explain her "gender".[40] Arcee has been redesigned from the concept art used for her toy and comic book appearances.[41]
  • Soundwave, Megatron's most loyal lieutenant.[43] Orci "duly noted" his minions Ravage and Laserbeak would need to appear as well.[44] In the 1980s toy line, Soundwave was a tape deck. The filmmakers had tried to work him into the first film twice, and these roles eventually evolved into Blackout (a MH-53 Pave Low helicopter) and Frenzy (who changed into a CD Player and later into a mobile phone). The latter character was particularly thought to be too different from the original.[45][46]
Other robots include the Autobots "Stinger"; "Wheels"; twins who combine into an ice cream van; a Decepticon Audi R8; and a "Constructicon earth mover".[34] Names of the individual twins and Constructicons will be determined in post-production,[47] as the dialogue can be re-recorded with the animation.[48] There will be some robots who can transform into weapons.[49]
Hasbro stated "a key character from the first movie [would] make a dramatic comeback and attempt to settle a score": Megatron (Hugo Weaving) was among those killed in the first film, but despite that, fans have made speculation online about his return.[1] There will be around ten robots on each side:[50] Orci confirmed the Decepticons will have whole dialogue scenes to themselves.[5] Bay also promised a geriatric robot.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_2

also some behind the scenes footage...they don't show any cars or robots, just talk about where they're filming the opening scene.
http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08FhovwDFJWXY

If they are planning on an IMAX release, they better film it with IMAX cameras. The release last year was a total rip off as the theater at that space museum had the movie PROJECTED onto an IMAX screen, so it never filled the entire screen :bomb:

What a waste.

I was thinking, perhaps they will introduce a human ally for the Decpiticons ....perhaps a Dr. Arkiville or a political type Shawn Burger. Someone who can be manipulated by the Decpiticons to use against the Autobots.

I would not be surprise if they work together to frame the autobots for a crime they did not commit.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=33214:
The "2008 ShoWest" edition of "Dolby News" focuses on the strengths of the company's 3D product offerings.

A sidebar spotlighting the proliferation of 3D movies lists 'Tintin' and 'Transformers 2' among 2009 releases fitted for 3D.
So, that's the only current evidence claiming that it will be a 3D presentation. Sounds legit enough, but of course, I wouldn't call it 100% certain until they make a press release clearly stating it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']If they are planning on an IMAX release, they better film it with IMAX cameras.[/quote]
Nope, it's not being filmed with IMAX cameras. In the BTS clip with Bumblebee, that is most definitely not an IMAX camera hanging off the boom on the camera truck. IMAX 70mm cameras are fucking huge, so you'd be able to tell pretty easily if it was one.

The release last year was a total rip off as the theater at that space museum had the movie PROJECTED onto an IMAX screen, so it never filled the entire screen :bomb:
Uh, you mean it didn't fill the screen vertically, right? That's just because IMAX screens are really low aspect ratio. They're 1.43:1, which is only a hair wider than a standard 4:3 CRT TV or computer monitor. Transformers was filmed (like most Hollywood movies nowadays) in 2.35:1 Panavision, meaning that the image, when projected on a screen that is relatively taller than that, can only fill it horizontally. I don't think I have to give the full aspect-ratio lecture here.

And thank god they didn't film it in 1.43:1...that would look really, really stupid. You know how lame "Full Screen" versions of originally-widescreen movies on DVD look? Yeah. Like that. More wide = more epic.

Honestly if they went full 3D it may be a good thing for TF fans. They'll most likely focus more on the Transformers and less on the human element that flawed part one.

[quote name='Rodimus']Honestly if they went full 3D it may be a good thing for TF fans. They'll most likely focus more on the Transformers and less on the human element that flawed part one.[/QUOTE]

In this case they're using "3D" to refer to the movie being presented with 3D effects (like in Beowulf and Meet the Robinsons, etc; the kind you wear the polarized glasses for), not as in the movie being all CGI.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']In this case they're using "3D" to refer to the movie being presented with 3D effects (like in Beowulf and Meet the Robinsons, etc; the kind you wear the polarized glasses for), not as in the movie being all CGI.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still not used to differentiating 3D from CGI.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You can drop the 2 in Transformers, ITDEFX.

I saw somewhere that they're just sticking to TF: ROTF without the 2.[/quote]

Tis true:

The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog and TFW2005.com have received confirmation that the "2" from "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen" has been dropped. Paramount is now opting for the simpler title "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/2-cut-from-title-of-transformers-movie-sequel/13361/

bread's done
Back