Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

http://jalopnik.com/396944/princeto...als-speeding-astra-sweet-pursuit-gkart-camera

video of speeding saturn astra and some more Shai junk.

"These videos, caught by some intrepid students, indicate the Astra appears to be damaged, so one could suggest it's probably not a Transformer and rather the daily driver for a character other than Shia LaBeouf's. We mean, why would he want to cheat on his beloved Bumblebee?"

GM didn't have enough publicity at the autoshows so they need to make an autoshow into a movie =/

Shea Labouf (sp) got in trouble AGAIN and AGAIN it involved smoking.

Apparently he lit up in a museum where they were filming.

Guy can't catch a break!!

Not sure how credible but based on the comments on that page it could be fake stuff.

Michael Bay said that he would be putting false information regarding the 2nd movie. He was upset because too many secrets were exposed before the first one premiered. I wonder about the ice cream truck.

Again, not sure how credible this is...does anyone remember Bay stating that he would be doing that?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure how credible but based on the comments on that page it could be fake stuff.

Again, not sure how credible this is...does anyone remember Bay stating that he would be doing that?[/quote]

At this point who cares what bay is saying. It would be extremely stupid and costly for Bay to shoot scenes that will never make the film to throw fans off. Dispite making the mega bucks in the last movie...the studio will NOT authorize wasting time and money shooting scenes not relating to the movie just to throw off the fans. If the studio asks Bay for a teaser trailer with new footage by the end of the summer, bay is gonna say "What new footage?" and give us a crappy teaser trailer like the one from 2006. Even if the entire final script is leaked online, Bay has nothing to worry about.

[quote name='Rodimus']Hope they give her more of a face.[/quote]

I am just waiting til Bay announces "Due to popular fan request... Susan Blu will be the voice of Arcee in the new movie.."

[quote name='Rodimus']Hope they give her more of a face.[/quote]

Those were the concept images that they were going for in the first film...I'm pretty sure that they'll be a change.

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok, time to re title the movie to Transformers: Attack of the Concept Cars.

Where the hell are the constructicons or any of the other decepticons because we haven't seen any except Skyfire (and maybe frenzy)?!?!?[/quote]

:applause:More like Transformers: Product Placement Part 2. I swear, are some of these movies made or financed by EA?

I want to see the Constructicons and not have to see the(insert construction vehicle manufacturer name here) logo or brand on screen for 3-5 seconds before they show up each time. I'd love to see them form Devastator and crush an Autobot, which I don't really recall seeing too much of in the original series. It was more like a King Kong and the biplanes on the Empire State Building thing in each episode the Constructicons were in.

From what I remember, Devastator destroyed some property, but I'd love to see them rip an Autobot or two in two(ala uhhhh I think it was Jazz who got torn apart in the first movie).

emperor.jpg

"Who disrupts my coronation!?"

Why are you people lobbying for some of your favorite Transformers to be in the next movie? If you truly love them, you should be wishing upon every star in the sky that they get overlooked so that your fond memories of them are not molested like so many unsuspecting choir boys.

Question for you guys who seem to be following this movie closely. How screwed do you guys think I'm going to be with story and the different bots involved with having absolutely no knowledge of transformers short of the first movie and a few vague things I remember as a kid? Should I read up on a wiki or something because with the amount of names you guys are flying around I could see my self getting lost.

thanks,
bill123

[quote name='bill123']Question for you guys who seem to be following this movie closely. How screwed do you guys think I'm going to be with story and the different bots involved with having absolutely no knowledge of transformers short of the first movie and a few vague things I remember as a kid? Should I read up on a wiki or something because with the amount of names you guys are flying around I could see my self getting lost.

thanks,
bill123[/quote]

I don't think you will have to worry about following along in the second movie as a few things had to be changed from the cartoon series to make it work as a live action movie. The writers were very careful to make it so anyone can follow along pretty well. They do this to make fans out of people who never really saw the cartoons or bring in a new generation of fans into the fold. Don't worry you are going to enjoy it!

[quote name='Salmonday']Why are you people lobbying for some of your favorite Transformers to be in the next movie? If you truly love them, you should be wishing upon every star in the sky that they get overlooked so that your fond memories of them are not molested like so many unsuspecting choir boys.[/quote]

:shame:

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']So will this one actually have the theme song?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I'm sure that the marketing department has every spare second of audio time filled up with stupid Linkin Park songs.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pretty cool Comic Con teaser standee that I saw today at SDCC:
p1030434id6.jpg
[/quote]

That's exactly what they had for the first movie. Come on Bay, where is our damn teaser trailer!?!??!

[quote name='ITDEFX']That's exactly what they had for the first movie. Come on Bay, where is our damn teaser trailer!?!??![/QUOTE]

Heh, yup. I remember seeing that exact same display back in 2006.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Heh, yup. I remember seeing that exact same display back in 2006.[/QUOTE]

Same exact display was at BotCon this year as well. That thing gets around.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Man if this guy keeps on getting in trouble, they are going to have to cut a lot of his scenes from the movie.[/QUOTE]

Can they cut all of them?

[quote name='shipwreck']Same exact display was at BotCon this year as well. That thing gets around.

Can they cut all of them?[/quote]

Well can it get around to being in my house sometime this year? ;)

With the right materials, one could build that fairly cheap for under 200 bucks

Well given the fact that there is going to be more decepticon dialog scenes and more robots, I say this movie will be 90% robots, 5% humans, and 3% explosions and 2% story.

New info:

Since the crack crap reporting team at Entertainment Tonight wasn’t able to get any new details after spending a whole day on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I thought I’d pass along the news which was revealed at the Hasbro Licensing Summit in Malaysia this week.
The Chevy Corvette Centennial concept car (seen in the photo above) is actually the alt mode for Sideswipe. Described as a brave but often rash warrior, Sideswipe was part of the initial crew of Autobots...

...Ravage will appear in the film with “very raw beast mode”. Ravage was featured in both the original animated series and Beast Wars, and took the form of a robotic jaguar. He was featured in an original draft of Bay’s Tranformers, but later replaced with Scorponok.
Megatron’s alt mode is confirmed to be a tank. Looks like the leaked concept photos are legit...
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/24/new-transformers-2-details-revealed-at-hasbro-licensing-summit/

And here's the look at the new Megatron concept images:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...venge-of-the-fallen-megatron-pictures-165837/

I seriously doubt that that's Megatron in that poster. I'm guessing it's The Fallen. It sure don't look like Megatron from the first one...

Here's the poster, brightened up using Photoshop. You can actually see all of the face quite clearly, and it looks pretty fuckin badass. Spoiler'd, in case anyone wanted to wait to see it:

12314720602153gt7.jpg

[quote name='JolietJake']If it isn't meagtron/galvatron, who could it be?[/QUOTE]

As stated, it's quite likely The Fallen, aka the character explicitly referenced in the subtitle. In the lore, he was one of the 13 original Transformers created by Primus, who ended up trapped between dimensions after he and Unicron were sucked into a black hole.

And if it's not him, then I'm starting to think that it could also definitely pass for a dinobot...looks kinda like a raptor, to me.

When I first heard, "The Fallen" I thought it was refering to the Decepticons as a group, but wikipedia told me wrong.

[quote name='JolietJake']Oh, i didn't realize there was a character actually called The Fallen, sounds like a group name.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Rodimus']When I first heard, "The Fallen" I thought it was refering to the Decepticons as a group, but wikipedia told me wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's fairly obscure, and only made a brief appearance in a comic and a reference book, but despite that, he's a very significant character.

This was from 'The War Within' series...basically the big war between the Autobots and Decepticons way before they came to Earth...he transformed into a Tank:
r_fallen025.jpg

So like, am i the only one that thought the movie was alright?

It wasnt GOOD.... i mean, good was ironman, but, in general, it had big robots fighting out for whatever reason that I dont care about.... I guess thats good enough for me, despite having shitty characters as leads/offleads.

bread's done
Back