Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What theory?

Also, don't ask your friend to do that. He'd be breaking some hardcore NDAs for sure.[/quote]

Yea he "Can't talk about it" while AT WORK (he works at DD) nor can he answer any questions over facebook at work. OUTSIDE of work (and off the clock), he can talk about it. I wanted to wait for footage from the Teaser/trailer before asking some serious questions. Now that it's out, I can ask away...

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea he "Can't talk about it" while AT WORK (he works at DD) nor can he answer any questions over facebook at work. OUTSIDE of work (and off the clock), he can talk about it. I wanted to wait for footage from the Teaser/trailer before asking some serious questions. Now that it's out, I can ask away...[/QUOTE]

Ask about what?

Also, I seriously would bet that it's in violation of his NDAs to talk to anyone not involved with the film, about plot details like that. Not saying that he can't/won't just do it, but just pointing that out.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ask about what?

Also, I seriously would bet that it's in violation of his NDAs to talk to anyone not involved with the film, about plot details like that. Not saying that he can't/won't just do it, but just pointing that out.[/quote]

Yea it's a NDA violation, IF HE GETS CAUGHT...as in he emails the details from work or talks about it to people outside of work while at work. He has confirmed that tformers and tf blog spot is 90% correct on their reports.

Some of the questions I will ask him is "Is Prime going to die and be brought back to life somehow by the end of the movie?"/

[quote name='ITDEFX']Some of the questions I will ask him is "Is Prime going to die and be brought back to life somehow by the end of the movie?"/[/QUOTE]

So you're just in it for the explosions, then? If you want spoilers like that...

By the way, I hope you understood that this post was a mockery.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So you're just in it for the explosions, then? If you want spoilers like that...

By the way, I hope you understood that this post was a mockery.[/quote]

I'll let you know in a few days :p

Fine. It's not like it would be surprising if Optimus died, seeing as how he already has a record of dying in Transformers movies.

The only thing that could possibly surprise me in Transformers 2 would be if Sam and Mikaela were about to get it on and Mikaela TURNED OUT TO BE A DUDE.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Fine. It's not like it would be surprising if Optimus died, seeing as how he already has a record of dying in Transformers movies.

The only thing that could possibly surprise me in Transformers 2 would be if Sam and Mikaela were about to get it on and Mikaela TURNED OUT TO BE A DUDE.[/quote]

:bomb:

[quote name='Megalith']I'm guessing that Arcee looks pretty awesome (robot in the back of the Audi).[/quote]

Have they announced who is doing the voice of Arcee? Susan Blu has not been listed on the IMDB for it...either they are keeping all the TF voice actors a secret or they haven't recorded thier lines yet. Voice overs shouldn't take more than two weeks tops so I guess they will do that around April/May. Who knows...

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']The big construction guy is a steam shovel or something that toy pictures have already leaked of. It's one of 7 Constructicons, not Devastator itself.[/quote]

The Terex RH400 is HUGE
rh400_10.jpg

Seriously this can't be part of Devastator....if The Terex is part of his body, holy fuck that means the main form his fucking huge, much bigger than the original 80's form. Bay must be going for the biggest shit he can find for this one.

[quote name='Rodimus']Maybe Arcee's robot form will grow on me like the rest of them did. When I first saw it I cringed.[/quote]

I am praying that the new toys don't take an hour figure out how to change.

After seeing the first scene, I am starting to think that either we will see another Decepitcon take on an aircraft form..such as the F18 hornet (?) or the 3 protoforms will take on the aircraft forms in order to become part of Starscream's fleet. So we may see Thundercracker, Skywarp, Dirge or Ramjet.

[quote name='Megalith']I heard that the Terex is the only constructicon in the movie. That's dissapointing---and pointless.[/quote]
I Kinda doubt it, since the SKU's for the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has been leaked and there's one for a Constructicon set for over $100 plus there should be a set sold separately as Voyager size class as well.

I got me some secrets last night thru my connection.

:twisted:

He did remind me of his NDA, but could answer some questions via a "I am not going to disagree with you on that one..." type of answers

here goes

-Soundwave is a triple changer....
-Optimus has a near death experience via beat downs from SEVERAL Decepticons..BUT DOES NOT DIE...however the STUDIO has given BAY permission to DO WHATEVER HE WANTS!
-Peter Cullen has a cameo in the film, but it is still up in the air weither it will be in the final cut.
-Starscream WILL die similar to his TF:The Movie counterpart scene.
-There will be more than one robot that will combine to another one.
-Prime will combine with another robot.
-Bumblebee's role will be smaller.
-Sam and Micahela are not engaged...
-No voice work has been for Arcee yet..although Susan Blu may NOT be the top choice for the voice of Arcee.
-Roughly 25 robots will appear in this one. A number of them DO NOT TALK AT ALL.
-The general public will KNOW about the transformers, yet they will not fear the Autobots but be more afraid of the Decepitcons...there will be no paranoia about transformers at all from the public.

Something will resurrect Megatron and use him for his purposes.

The official trailer will be an extension of the teaser.

He says what web sites are reporting are "They have the right pieces of the puzzle, but are putting it the wrong way..." in terms of speculation of the plot.

He also mentioned GI JOE since his company is working on it and says "expect to be disappointed if you are a hard core 80's joe fan..." :|

Also says that Star Trek will be visually amazing that will top any of the 10 movies... has not seen any of the footage involving Nemoy's older Spock character..

That's all for now...just wait for the full trailer next weekend.

Excellent. I knew that that teaser had an odd ending to it. I'm debating about going to see Friday the 13th next week to catch the trailer or wait till it leaks online.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Excellent. I knew that that teaser had an odd ending to it. I'm debating about going to see Friday the 13th next week to catch the trailer or wait till it leaks online.[/quote]

I would wait til Saturday early morning for the leak or Monday at the latest for the full HD trailer....Come on XBL ...Put it up!!!

[quote name='Rodimus']I heard a couple of those off wiki.

I also heard Optimus will combine
with Jetfire. Like in Armada.
[/quote]

He said I would not be happy if I did not like the idea from Armada.

Forgot to mention, he says he did get a good look at the toys and said they will be MORE detailed than the first batch of toys from the first movie..so look forward to REBUYING Prime, Starscream, BB, etc.. :|

[quote name='Megalith']Soundwave is a triple changer?

What does that even mean.[/quote]

Changes from Robot to vehicle, to either another vehicle, or weapon.

Speaking of Soundwave...I'm wondering if Ravage going to be connected to Soundwave in the film at all, and is he going to be able to transform or if he's going to be like Scorponok in the first film?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Changes from Robot to vehicle, to either another vehicle, or weapon.

Speaking of Soundwave...I'm wondering if Ravage going to be connected to Soundwave in the film at all, and is he going to be able to transform or if he's going to be like Scorponok in the first film?[/quote]
I Think Ravage is going to be a pretender if anything. Since they hired that blonde girl in that movie and she's been confirmed to basically be The Pretender. So I think it'll be similar to Barricade/Frenzy or Blackout/Scorpinok.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Changes from Robot to vehicle, to either another vehicle, or weapon.

Speaking of Soundwave...I'm wondering if Ravage going to be connected to Soundwave in the film at all, and is he going to be able to transform or if he's going to be like Scorponok in the first film?[/quote]

fuck

I forgot to ask if he has seen any shots of a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR!

If that was confirmed then that would be a "KITT" cameo. I seriously think that would be cool considering Cullen's voice re prisement in the KARR episode a few weeks ago.

I didn't ask about the Soundwave/Ravage connection.

I am also thinking there will be a point where Prime reaching his limit and starts thrashing Decepticons because someone close to him dies... maybe Arcee is his mate? That sounds logically possible. She could be leading the other autobots to look for Prime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KITT#cite_note-kitt2-1

[quote name='Megalith']Having a Pretender is an awesome idea. It's just Terminator.[/quote]

The pretender will be a chick that is actually MADE UP of MILLIONS of tiny robots. My friend mentioned something about she almost causes Sam and Michela to break up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't dig the Pretender idea at all :whistle2:|[/quote]

Neither did he, but he is not paid to disagree with the director.

Just like the first movie, a lot of the names for the transformers (the new ones) are not finalized until the final cut of the movie.

LoL, I have no idea where my head was at, I meant to say it was a bad idea.

All I can think of is the TX.

It just doesn't make sense to have a kind of transformer that stands out so much from the rest, technologically.

...why doesn't the Pretender just clone itself as Optimus and infiltrate the Autobots? Let me guess, it can only go human size...

I Still think Megan Fox should turn out to be The Pretender. She certainly has the soul less eyes and acting abilities of a robot. Plus Shia LeBouf ending up with a girl like her? Robot, totally...

Yeah, just sounds like a really lame concept that defeats the whole purpose and awe that is Transformers.

I don't know how someone pitching that shit pulled it off.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Also says that Star Trek will be visually amazing that will top any of the 10 movies... has not seen any of the footage involving Nemoy's older Spock character..[/quote]

Your friend must be a noob then, seeing as how Nimoy is in the trailer. We've all seen him.

[quote name='ITDEFX']-Peter Cullen has a cameo in the film, but it is still up in the air weither it will be in the final cut.[/quote]
Uh, what? Peter Cullen is Optimus Prime. Maybe you meant Frank Welker?

It means that he will physically be in the film, obviously.

...I actually haven't thought about the score until now, which was one of the best parts of the first film. Is Jablonsky scoring?

NM, of course he is.

[quote name='Megalith']It means that he will physically be in the film, obviously.[/quote]
OIC.

...I actually haven't thought about the score until now, which was one of the best parts of the first film. Is Jablonsky scoring?

NM, of course he is.
IMDB says so.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Your friend must be a noob then, seeing as how Nimoy is in the trailer. We've all seen him.

no no, you mis understood that. When I said he hasn't seen any footage with Nimoy, he was talking about EFX footage.

Uh, what? Peter Cullen is Optimus Prime. Maybe you meant Frank Welker?[/quote]

Peter Cullen is the VOICE of Optimus Prime. One of the writers/producers said there is a part in the script for Cullen to do an on screen cameo (think of a Stan Lee Cameo type in Marvel movies) but not sure if his scene will make the final cut of the movie.

its funny how people tlk all this shit about the movie knowing that they r gonna go c it. the way i figure it tlk shit after you've seen it. i've been a fan since i seen da "original" cartoons.

[quote name='sml_mndz']its funny how people tlk all this shit about the movie knowing that they r gonna go c it. the way i figure it tlk shit after you've seen it. i've been a fan since i seen da "original" cartoons.[/quote]

Wut?

[quote name='sml_mndz']its funny how people tlk all this shit about the movie knowing that they r gonna go c it. the way i figure it tlk shit after you've seen it. i've been a fan since i seen da "original" cartoons.[/quote]

LOLZ

Teaser trailer for the videogame:
When Revenge of the Fallen lands in your hands, you'll be able to take up arms as either the Earth-protecting Autobots or the cranky and destructive Decepticons in a cast of characters Activision is calling "the largest, most diverse range of playable Transformers." Each of those 'bots will pack specific abilities and weaponry. On their way to places such as Cairo and Shanghai, players will be able to switch instantly between their Transformers vehicle and biped forms and be able to take the action online and battle other players in new multiplayer modes.
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1426...ideos/transformers_Teaser_trailer_020409.html

Not sure about the game. The graphics look pretty iffy in screenshots.

However, it is being developed by Luxoflux, who I thought did a really good job with the Kung Fu Panda game.

Well I am sure the game will be more like Destroy this robot, destroy that robot just like the first game. Destroy destroy destroy.

This time around I have a machine that is fast enough to not make is chug.

Ah...no alternate mode pictured :whistle2:|...it doesn't look horrible...but it looks like it transforms into a CD or some sort of circle spaceship thing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ah...no alternate mode pictured :whistle2:|...it doesn't look horrible...but it looks like it transforms into a CD or some sort of circle spaceship thing.[/QUOTE]

Here's a pic of the instruction sheet for the toy, and by the looks of it, he transforms into
some sort of chunky jet or something
:

6z4lc0cs4.jpg

I saw that the other day on tformers.com

I.............don't...........like...........the.........design.

The fallen should be a powerful being, yet he is reduced to a megatron sized form and jet mode. Come on Bay, WTF?!?!

Reminds me of

Obsidianbm.jpg

Image:Obsidianbm.jpg

I'm hoping Fallen is basically something that absorbs other Transformers to become larger or stronger. Other then that, yeah, his design looks like just a sad replacement for Megatron.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The fallen should be a powerful being, yet he is reduced to a megatron sized form and jet mode. Come on Bay, WTF?!?![/QUOTE]

Uh...I don't recall. Was he that huge in the comic?

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm hoping Fallen is basically something that absorbs other Transformers to become larger or stronger.[/QUOTE]
He didn't do that in the comic...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh...I don't recall. Was he that huge in the comic?

[/quote]

I don't know...never followed the comic...just the G1 show and beast wars/beast machines.

bread's done
Back