Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='ITDEFX']I don't know...never followed the comic...just the G1 show and beast wars/beast machines.[/QUOTE]

Well, in that case, you should keep in mind that The Fallen is a pre-established character, so try not to come up with too many baseless preconceived notions of how he "should" be.

I find it off that you call him "reduced," if you don't know anything about him.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
He didn't do that in the comic...[/quote]
Soundwave also was never a Cybertronian jet. So by now anything is fair game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, in that case, you should keep in mind that The Fallen is a pre-established character, so try not to come up with too many baseless preconceived notions of how he "should" be.

I find it off that you call him "reduced," if you don't know anything about him.[/quote]

I've have tried to stay away from anything related to the Fallen, since Bay loves to change things to make them cooler but from what I can understand from what I have read and what my friend told me last week
I think the Fallen supositly manipulates both the Decepitcons and Autobots into doing something that will destroy them all. There is also *some* speculation that the Fallen's plan is to bring about Unicron or some other powerful lifeform hinted at the end of the second movie which would lead into a 3rd movie, but this of course is only speculation right now. I will probably know most of the plot details after his NDA is lifted when post production work is done.

Trailer will be available online on Monday...I bet it will leak out sooner though :D

Fans of Michael Bay's Transformers might want to get out to theaters this weekend to see the relaunch of Friday the 13th, produced by Bay's production company Platinum Dunes, since Paramount has confirmed to ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! what Bay posted on his blog last month here, that the first teaser trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will be attached to it.

The teaser trailer will be available online starting Monday, February 16, so stay tuned!
http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8068

Interview with Bay reveals a little more info:
Collider caught up with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen director Michael Bay at the Friday the 13th premiere. Bay talked about being allowed to film at the Egyptian pyramids, filming three scenes in IMAX, how the robots will have more personality, that its going to be darker and epic, that it's about 2 hours and 20 minutes right now but they're still editing, and that he would do a third film but wants to take a year off first. You can watch the interview below!
http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8070
Click on link for video.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Trailer will be available online on Monday...I bet it will leak out sooner though :D

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8068

Interview with Bay reveals a little more info:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8070
Click on link for video.[/quote]

hmm are they going to have a Midnight release for FT13? It's rare for a non-summer movie. However if they do release it, expect the trailer to be up by at least 3-4am on youtube.

Anyways, CAN NOT WAIT!!! Need to figure out how to convert the format to something the Zune can play.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ladies and Gents....Devastator:

and The Fallen (looks better than the toy)

Devastator looks fucking sweet.

Images taken from:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8072[/quote]

WHAT THE fuck!?!?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is how it should be
URL]

Hmm if you look carefully at the blue print paper, you will see more than 5 units needed to form the giant. interesting.

[quote name='ITDEFX']WHAT THE fuck!?!?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is how it should be
URL]

Hmm if you look carefully at the blue print paper, you will see more than 5 units needed to form the giant. interesting.[/quote]

the old version is not extreme enough for michael bay

That pic is sick...saved.

I know what you mean ITDEFX...but sooner or later you just end up realizing that this isn't G1 and will never be G1...Bay's vision on this series have always been about making the Transformers more organic, and obviously that vision has come to fruition. Now it's obviously something that most if not all Transformers fans never wanted but nothing we can do but complain now. Maybe a reboot 10-15years from know will be better ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That pic is sick...saved.

I know what you mean ITDEFX...but sooner or later you just end up realizing that this isn't G1 and will never be G1...Bay's vision on this series have always been about making the Transformers more organic, and obviously that vision has come to fruition. Now it's obviously something that most if not all Transformers fans never wanted but nothing we can do but complain now. Maybe a reboot 10-15years from know will be better ;)[/quote]

eh ???? REBOOT!?!?!?

I knew that Bay was going for a more bigger/badder version of the Constructicons with a more modern approach but the Devistator form looks like a beast/monster. I really hope a line is drawn with this techno organic stuff, other wise it's going into the Beast Machines level :\

[quote name='ITDEFX']eh ???? REBOOT!?!?!?

I knew that Bay was going for a more bigger/badder version of the Constructicons with a more modern approach but the Devistator form looks like a beast/monster. I really hope a line is drawn with this techno organic stuff, other wise it's going into the Beast Machines level :\[/quote]

A reboot, not Reboot...I don't know It could happen, movies get remade so often...if not in 10-15, maybe 20 *shrug*

[quote name='ITDEFX']fixed[/QUOTE]

Oh don't start with that "Bay raped my childhood" shit. It's ridiculous that anyone would attribute absolutely all credit for everything to do with a given movie, to the director alone.

Are we seriously having to go through the "this movie isn't the cartoon, the comics, G1, G2, or G3; it's the movie" song and dance again? Didn't we already do this two years ago?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Oh don't start with that "Bay raped my childhood" shit. It's ridiculous that anyone would attribute absolutely all credit for everything to do with a given movie, to the director alone.

Are we seriously having to go through the "this movie isn't the cartoon, the comics, G1, G2, or G3; it's the movie" song and dance again? Didn't we already do this two years ago?[/quote]

Bay and his writers did a so so job with the story in TF1. They did the best they could to make the transformers *work* in the modern world... it had a good start but towards the end it became one big car commercial. Has anyone posted how much the car companies made from sales during the last movie?!?!? Megatron was reduced to a smaller role in the first one which made him not as dangerous when he was "awaken".

It is hoped that in the new movie, Bay and his writers actually have a story this time around and less boomies...but of course this is Bay and Boomies need to happen every other scene.

[quote name='JolietJake']I have friends telling me the movie version is more realistic. Of course, they think G.I. Joe looks awesome too.[/quote]

uh.... from what my friend told me the other night... he does NOT think GI JOE live action movie will be respectable to the 80's cartoon. I have a hard time beveling that Denis Quaid will jump up and say "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE!!!!!" during the film's climax, unless it has something to do with him raising the American flag and big explosions in the background. Such patriotism in a film like that would work early during the bush era or just after 9/11 but now we are living in the Obama era so it might not work too well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']it had a good start but towards the end it became one big car commercial.[/quote]

Dude, the entirety of Transformers exists, and has always existed, as one gigantic commercial for the toys. I can not comprehend how anyone could seriously just now start complaining that Trans-fucking-formers is being over-commercialized, and do it with a straight face.

It is hoped that in the new movie, Bay and his writers actually have a story this time around and less boomies...but of course this is Bay and Boomies need to happen every other scene.

So, do you have the script already or something?

And regardless, since when has Transformers ever been friggin Shakespeare? You're complaining about the movie having too much action, and too little story? Honestly, have you ever actually seen the cartoon?

The live-action movie is hardly any lighter on plot than the TV show, and at least now, we're getting to see these battles in epic fashion, rather than the piss-poor jerky animation we saw on the TV show week after week, depicting the same conflict where the Decepticons were low on Energon, figured out some new way to get it, and the Autobots thwarted their plans, over and over, ad nauseam.

He said the movie devastator looked more like a machine made up of those vehicles would. To me it looks like a bunch of construction vehicles got in a wreck and were stuck together.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Not only that, but wasn't their already a Devastator in the first movie?[/QUOTE]

That was actually Brawl. I'm sure they'll figure some way to take care of the name confusion.

I dont know, maybe it was the crappy youtube quality but that trailer isnt exciting.

Since I am not 12 anymore explosions alone dont impress me that much. Whats up with the mosquito bots?

CoffeeEdge, calm your cool ass down for a second man. For one you have to take the good and the bad when you make a movie from a long standing, tv show, book, cartoon, whatever.

Bay, made a transformers movie not as service to anyone else but himself. Its why anyone makes a movie from something that already has a huge fan base. So that he can be the guy who turned a regular show into something epic. Just like Lord of the Rings and every other non original movie. And it doesnt hurt that if you use something like Transformers you will have a built in fanbase that will see it no matter what so you can make damn sure you get most of your money back. So you have to take both...you cant take expect (and dont fool yourself he is counting on the already built fan base to pay money to see it) the fans of a long standing series to come see your movie but then get mad at them when you completely change everything and for the most part make it worse.

The first TF movie just wanst that good and before you start in on that fanboy chatter...I dont give a fly rats ass about Transformers. I wasnt a fan of the show so he could have changed every single person in the TF universe and I wouldnt have cared.

The problem with the first 1 was not that it at little story....just that the story it had sucked and made little sense which included a pretty below average dialogue.

The problem was not that there was to much action but the action that was there seemed forced and didnt make that much sense. This includes killing off bots from both sides before you even announce their names and having humans be more than capable of taking out decepticons which makes you wonder why you even needed the autobots to begin with.

The real problem with the TF movie is that its just a run of a mill summer movie that just happened to be named Transformers and it doesnt even try to be anything but that.

There were some problems with the first movie but overall I enjoyed it as both a movie and a TF fan. I wanted more Transformers interaction. Still the last 20 minues of the movie is badass with a a nice HD TV & Surround Sound.

The rifftrax of Transformers has been avalible for quite some time. If you liked MS3TK it's worth checking out. http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/transformers

Anyway, I can get that without ordering a dvd?

Not pirating...I am talking about blockbuster or something.

Wow...awesome trailer. Too bad I had to see it on my iPhone but I got the gist of it...can't wait to see the HD version on Monday or hopefully sooner.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Anyway, I can get that without ordering a dvd?

Not pirating...I am talking about blockbuster or something.[/quote]

If you're talking about the rifftrax then yes, a Blockbuster rental is fine. You can use any format. The movie just needs to sync up with the rifftrax MP3. They guide you through the process so it's not a problem.

How you play the audio file is up to you. If you're watching it off your computer they have some program that does it for you. I watched it off my TV and put the audio file in my iPod and wore one earphone. It was like I had a little voice in my head telling me jokes.

[quote name='KingDox']was that scorponok jumping over the house?[/quote]

Yes apparently old Scorponok is back..but was he hiding all this time in the desert? Shouldn't Blackout have picked him up? But oh well. Hopefully his role will be a bit bigger, making buying his toy WORTH it this time around as I skipped him.

I Need to see it in better quality to make fair assessment. Though doesn't look bad, but after seeing what The Fallen and Devestator look like I want to say...I expected something more of a badass magnitude then that.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Blackout died, so he never picked up Scorponok. Right?[/quote]

Well Blackout started in the desert in the beginning of the movie and traveled thousands of miles to the city to meet up with the other Decepitcons. Guess he forgot to pick up Scorponok in the process.

Just saw the higher quality version on my PC...trailer is definitely sick...I'm as psyched for this movie as I was for the last. This one should be better too, since they got the story out of the way in the first.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just saw the higher quality version on my PC...trailer is definitely sick...I'm as psyched for this movie as I was for the last. This one should be better too, since they got the story out of the way in the first.[/quote]

where? a clean non hand held cam version?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yes apparently old Scorponok is back..but was he hiding all this time in the desert? Shouldn't Blackout have picked him up? But oh well. Hopefully his role will be a bit bigger, making buying his toy WORTH it this time around as I skipped him.[/QUOTE]

I went to go see Friday the 13th today, and saw the trailer in on the big screen. Scorponok is in the desert(maybe Egypt) in that shot.

The way the trailer is spliced together makes it look like Bumble Bee is shooting at him in Sam's backyard.

[quote name='JolietJake']Oh but that looks more realistic guys.

What was that cat like thing that jumped up near the end of the trailer?[/quote]

You mean Ravage in the arctic or Scorponok in the desert?

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']So which one is the Fallen? About what time into the trailer? Or do they not show him?[/QUOTE]

The Fallen appears clearly at 1:39 in the trailer, slamming into the ground in the desert, right after the shot of Optimus gettin falcon punched in the face. Check out the pics posted earlier in this thread, and you can see that it's him.

I haven't seen the trailer for the Transformers sequel, but let's be honest:

The first one was complete schlock, except for the CG robots. The exposition about Shia Whogivesafuck took up more time than actual Transformers fighting and shit. The amount of advertising in the movie was nauseating, as well.

I'll catch this one on cable.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I haven't seen the trailer for the Transformers sequel, but let's be honest:

The first one was complete schlock, except for the CG robots. The exposition about Shia Whogivesafuck took up more time than actual Transformers fighting and shit. The amount of advertising in the movie was nauseating, as well. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for your insightful and acute deconstruction of the first Transformers movie. I have never heard this interesting point of view about it, and your observations and opinions definitely bring to light a lot of things that I don't think anyone has really discussed in the year and a half since the movie came out. You have singlehandedly opened the door for a wealth of new intellectual discourse and discussion that is sure to engage and challenge the minds of many scholars and critics for months to come. Thank you for this wonderful, wonderful post.

Me thinks Me is gonna get new info from my friend sometime in the next few days since he is gonna call me soon to talk about his work on Speed Racer (crappy movie btw).

bread's done
Back