Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Thank you for your insightful and acute deconstruction of the first Transformers movie. I have never heard this interesting point of view about it, and your observations and opinions definitely bring to light a lot of things that I don't think anyone has really discussed in the year and a half since the movie came out. You have singlehandedly opened the door for a wealth of new intellectual discourse and discussion that is sure to engage and challenge the minds of many scholars and critics for months to come. Thank you for this wonderful, wonderful post.[/quote]

One of the best verbal Falcon Punches I've read in a long time. Well done.

oh come on man... what the hell!?!??!

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=11017

I have the feeling that there will be a scene telling that ancient Egyptians were influenced by The Fallen...like in Stargate or something..
TF2Poster2.jpg

Yeah, I've heard of that before...
The Fallen was the first TF on Earth...had the egyptians create pyramids for him or something and then they turned against him and captured him in one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, I've heard of that before...
The Fallen was the first TF on Earth...had the egyptians create pyramids for him or something and then they turned against him and captured him in one.
[/quote]

I am gonna toss that thought into my friends face and see if he gives me a laugh or a "I like that thought.."

Perhaps there will be a scene where Megatron says that the All Spark was attracted to the Fallen and THAT'S why it landed on Earth.
:bomb:

Yeah I also heard that about the Fallen. But my source was wikipedia so I take everything form that page with a grain of salt.

Damn CoffeeEdge....dont hurt them.

I really dont get what the hell Bay is doing with this movie...but before I say anything I better find out if I am missing any of the TF plot line because I have never heard of the Fallen or anything being in Eypt.

But it all honesty is it really that hard to make just Autobots vs Decepticons for a hour an a half? Humans? I see crappy humans every day...what I need is more transforming robots...as much as you cram into the movie.

*Side note. I am very interested in what new way Hollywood is going to exclude the race of the location they choose. I love seeing a movie based in Japan yet there are only 3 japanesse actors playing minor roles. Lets see how many black people will be doing things other than hanging out in huts.

I'm curious to know if the spark jolted machines at the end of the first movie make an appearance.

I am also starting to think that the scene where the constructicon transformers and devastates ( :p ) the military will be similar to blackout's attack in the first movie, so taking place in the first part of the movie, after Prime's voice over.

I cant even figure out who have these guys are based on these trailers. It was pretty much the same with the first movie. I get that you have to make it modern but damn can they look less like giant hunks of scrap metal?

Does anyone have a general idea of the storyline yet though?

Is it:
Autobots vs Decepticons with new leader The Fallen with special guest star the Human
Autobots vs Decepticons vs The Fallen with special guest star the Humans?

Or will it be more like the first one: Humans featuring Humans with guest star Product Placement and cameo appearances by The Transformers.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I cant even figure out who have these guys are based on these trailers. It was pretty much the same with the first movie. I get that you have to make it modern but damn can they look less like giant hunks of scrap metal?

Does anyone have a general idea of the storyline yet though?

Is it:
Autobots vs Decepticons with new leader The Fallen with special guest star the Human
Autobots vs Decepticons vs The Fallen with special guest star the Humans?

Or will it be more like the first one: Humans featuring Humans with guest star Product Placement and cameo appearances by The Transformers.[/quote]

:rofl:

Silly boy.

You forgot to mention Big Bombad Explosions!

Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about.

On another note, a few weeks ago I went to some group marketing thing...and I saw 5 upcoming trailers of TF:ROTF...man I was so giddy...saw the Fallen, Arcee, Optimus, Devastator...and some other stuff...looks like this one will definitely have more robot on robot action :cool:

so Linkin, how much money are you setting aside for the movie toys ?!?!?!

I think I am going to set aside atleast 400. There better be a coupon floating around for a gift card or 10$ off or something cause I am going to pump some serious shit into the toys.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm not sure yet...I'm pretty much out of room...I may get a couple toys, I'll try to keep it under $100 for sure.[/quote]

:shock:

Well if you avoid the variants, discarded concepts, bots that don't even make it into the movie, or any of the cute stuff, you should be ok. Hey I never bought Scorponox because he barely made an appearance. But now I am buying him if I see him use his robot mode.

I remember reading what one it was but I forgot. I'm wondering how much that car costs. When they were filming the first movie the Camero cost around 500,000. I'm sure this one is also a concept and the new vet is around 100,000. So this concept I would think has to be around 1,000,000. I would love to be one of the stunt drivers in that movie and be able to drive that car yet at the amount that concept could cost I would also hate it at the same time. I wonder if they told the drivers how much that car is worth.

I know most of you won't care but Linkin Park will have a new song for the soundtrack of the film and they have been asked to do the score of the film, which they'll be working on closely with Hans Zimmer.

mikeshinoda.com

:whee:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I know most of you won't care but Linkin Park will have a new song for the soundtrack of the film and they have been asked to do the score of the film, which they'll be working on closely with Hans Zimmer.

mikeshinoda.com

:whee:[/quote]

oh lord.

Not another song that will be STUCK in my head for WEEKS :bomb: Then become the biggest download seller on Rock Band when the movie comes out.

Idiotic. If this is true, it's a disgrace...because one of the reasons why the first movie was good was because of Steve Jablonsky's score.

[quote name='Megalith']Idiotic. If this is true, it's a disgrace...because one of the reasons why the first movie was good was because of Steve Jablonsky's score.[/quote]

The score was ok. I was expecting better because it was the same guy who did the music for Command and Conquer 3:TW

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They're collaborating with Hans Zimmer so I'm pretty sure there's nothing too worry about.[/quote]

It's now hard to say how good or bad this score will be. I know the album will sell more than the score. I really hope they keep the Decepticon theme from the first movie.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']...Linkin Park will have a new song for the soundtrack of the film and they have been asked to do the score of the film, which they'll be working on closely with Hans Zimmer.[/QUOTE]

noooooooo.jpg

Hans Zimmer is good enough that Stinkin Park can't ruin anything (unless that asshole lead singer opens his mouth). The Thin Red Line was Zimmer's best. Gladiator kinda sucked though (too much middle eastern woman wailing, more so than the usual period pieces like this).

I might have to pass on the movie though. The first one was fucking terrible. I'd rather watch Waterworld and The Postman back to back.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'd rather watch Waterworld and The Postman back to back.[/QUOTE]

I don't think either of those are very bad.

Linkin Park is a guilty pleasure but their stuff gets old too quick. Their last TF song "What I've Done" is one of the reasons I stopped listening to the radio. They played that song once every 30 minutes. NO JOKE.

[quote name='Rodimus']Linkin Park is a guilty pleasure but their stuff gets old too quick. Their last TF song "What I've Done" is one of the reasons I stopped listening to the radio. They played that song once every 30 minutes. NO JOKE.[/quote]

STOP IT!!!! THE SONG IS STARTING TO LOOP IN MY HEAD AGAIN!!!

MUST MAKE THE NOISE GO AWAY!

It's not stuck in my head. I'm too busy listening to Aphex Twin.

Also, Linkin Park makes my brain cave in, so, I have to avoid thinking of it at all costs.

bread's done
Back