Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

Wow, the Transformers Universe is way too big. I grew up with the show, G1, and tried reading the comics, but they just seemed to mess with the show too much. How do the rest of you feel who grew up with the G1 show in the 80's? Linkin?

[quote name='reicaden']So like, am i the only one that thought the movie was alright?

It wasnt GOOD.... i mean, good was ironman, but, in general, it had big robots fighting out for whatever reason that I dont care about.... I guess thats good enough for me, despite having shitty characters as leads/offleads.[/quote]

The movie was good for what it was...it did have its flaws and the more I watched it and the more people told me about them, the more I noticed them. I still like it though, it's one of my favorite movies.

[quote name='SithFran']Wow, the Transformers Universe is way too big. I grew up with the show, G1, and tried reading the comics, but they just seemed to mess with the show too much. How do the rest of you feel who grew up with the G1 show in the 80's? Linkin?[/quote]

I was young when G1 hit...I have the DVD series, it's hard to go back to them as they seem silly. My favorite has to be Beast Wars...that was a phenomenal series, ended too short. As for comics, there's some good stuff out there...the War Within series was pretty sweet as well as the G1 expansions Dreamwave had a couple years back.

transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-poster-2%20(1)__scaled_500.jpg

This can't be megatron.

[quote name='reicaden']So like, am i the only one that thought the movie was alright?[/QUOTE]

No. I like it a lot, for what it was. Also, considering that, by my estimates, about 100 million people (literally) around the planet saw this movie, I'm betting that at least a few of them "thought it was alright."

[quote name='SithFran']Wow, the Transformers Universe is way too big. I grew up with the show, G1, and tried reading the comics, but they just seemed to mess with the show too much. How do the rest of you feel who grew up with the G1 show in the 80's? Linkin?[/QUOTE]

The way I feel, is that this isn't the show, it isn't G1, and it isn't the comics.

It's great for what it is, which is incredible CGI Transformers fucking shit up.

[quote name='Chase']So, will this movie feature that giant Unicron guy, or what?[/QUOTE]

I figured that they'd save Unicron for the third movie (I'm pretty sure they have it planned as a trilogy, so). God, that could be epic as fuck in a live-action movie.

First look at Sideswipe...well the toy, but it should look pretty much identical:

Looks pretty cool...they got the "samurai" style head like back in the G1 days.

[quote name='reicaden']So like, am i the only one that thought the movie was alright?

It wasnt GOOD.... i mean, good was ironman, but, in general, it had big robots fighting out for whatever reason that I dont care about.... I guess thats good enough for me, despite having shitty characters as leads/offleads.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a dribbling pile of awful. I hope they spice up the sequel so that the orgasmatron, or whatever the thing the decepticons are after is called, is located by Megatron on Craigslist.

To be fair, I had low expectations of this movie going in, and they managed to destroy them all. I'm no purist at all, as I enjoyed the X-Men films despite the myriad complaints a true believer of the comics could levy at them. But Transformers was "Dolph Lundgren is He-Man in Masters of the Universe" bad.

And I'm sure the very same will be the case with GI Joe.

God damn it, I gotta start saving for the movie toys (those in the actual movie, not ones that don't actually show up in the movie) NOW!!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This could possibly be confirmation of Megatron in the film?
megatrontransformers2.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/01/28/michael-bay-lies-again-more-proof-megatron-is-in-transformers-2/[/quote]

Megatron is in the film... there is no doubt about it.. it's been pretty much known for months. It looks like there will be too many transformers this time around. Unless there has been significant changes/enhancements to the core crew, I am going to skip rebuying them and just get the additional members.
We just have to wonder how Frank Welker (sp?) will be used in this movie as his voice has degrated past what can be used for Megatron or Soundwave.

here is soundwave :|
4.jpg

[quote name='ITDEFX']It looks like there will be too many transformers this time around.[/quote]
Impossible!

We just have to wonder how Frank Welker (sp?) will be used in this movie as his voice has degrated past what can be used for Megatron or Soundwave.
What are you talking about? For one thing, he's one of the most prolific voice actors on the planet, having played everyone from Curious George to Scooby-Doo to Garfield to Futurama's Nibbler in just the past couple of years (hell, he even did Bowser in New Super Mario Bros), so his voice isn't "degraded" in any sense. And furthermore, he just played Megatron hardly even a year ago, for both the animated Transformers prequel comic DVD, and the game based on the movie.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Impossible!

What are you talking about? For one thing, he's one of the most prolific voice actors on the planet, having played everyone from Curious George to Scooby-Doo to Garfield to Futurama's Nibbler in just the past couple of years (hell, he even did Bowser in New Super Mario Bros), so his voice isn't "degraded" in any sense. And furthermore, he just played Megatron hardly even a year ago, for both the animated Transformers prequel comic DVD, and the game based on the movie.[/quote]

I am not trying to disrespect the man for amazing voice work over the past few decades, but I have to agree with Bay about what he said about his voice. I did listen to his voice carefully in the prequel comic and during the game and yes it has degraded past what we are use to from the original 80's series. It does happen unfortunately but we are lucky he can still do voices these days.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I did listen to his voice carefully in the prequel comic and during the game and yes it has degraded past what we are use to from the original 80's series.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, because this isn't the goddamn 80s series, and he doesn't need to mimic the exact way he voiced the character in that iteration of the franchise, because this isn't the same Megatron, and it isn't the same Transformers.

Yuck. Pretty much all of the newly designed movie transformers are horrible, IMO. I get that they should be complicated but the end result is too many pointy things sticking out everywhere.

[quote name='javeryh']Yuck. Pretty much all of the newly designed movie transformers are horrible, IMO. I get that they should be complicated but the end result is too many pointy things sticking out everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that this topic was already discussed and debated for all it was worth, back in 2007.

Welker's Megatron voice defiantly degraded over the years. I liked him in the game but he was not up to par for a feature film.

And WTF is Soundwave supposed to be? Another super alien jet-fighter? :roll:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']First look at Soundwave...in toy form. I hope this is his protoform version because it's horrible:

[/quote]

Hmm I posted this earlier in my post, but I guess it was blocked by the site as it did show up before. Oh well..

Anyone going to rebuy all the characters from the first movie or just buy the new additions?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmm I posted this earlier in my post, but I guess it was blocked by the site as it did show up before. Oh well..

Anyone going to rebuy all the characters from the first movie or just buy the new additions?[/quote]

since my transformers budget has gone to zero over the past 2 years. If I can scrape any purchases together I will pick up all the new figures and at least Devastator if nothing else.

[quote name='Rodimus']And WTF is Soundwave supposed to be? Another super alien jet-fighter? :roll:[/quote]

Exactly what I thought too. They'll probably explain he's called Soundwave in the movie because he's a supersonic jet:wall:.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Exactly what I thought too. They'll probably explain he's called Soundwave in the movie because he's a supersonic jet:wall:.[/quote]

Wait...they dropped him from being a Spy Sat?

Trailer info:

The Super Bowl spot is coming Sunday in the third Quarter (few minutes into the quarter slot). The spot will be online a few minutes after that - The full length teaser trailer will only be on Friday the Thirteenth. It will not hit the internet until a week later. The Teaser really only teases stuff - I'm holding so much stuff back from the final trailers because I personally hate going to movies where you have seen it all.
http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/files/837b0fff3d9a7488a9fc1579fa2c3282-251.html

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Trailer info:

I'm holding so much stuff back from the final trailers because I personally hate going to movies where you have seen it all. [/QUOTE]

As opposed to Michael Bay's Transformers where there's nothing to see at all, except ads and Megan Fox, which is little more than just a two-hour summary of 51% of the internet.

I'll just wait for the thing to show up in HD online. Lets hope it's not as bad as the first teaser from the first movie...

[quote name='Salmonday']As opposed to Michael Bay's Transformers where there's nothing to see at all, except ads and Megan Fox, which is little more than just a two-hour summary of 51% of the internet.[/QUOTE]

51%? You're wayyyy underestimating.

Biggest problem I had with the first movie is right when it looks like you're going to get some good ol robot on robot action, a goddamn human would come in and cock block and be the one to finish off that Decepticon. Total bullshit! So if the movie was nothing, but robot on robot action with a bit of story, I'll be sold.

I hope this one has more robots and less human bs.

The whole first half of the first movie was throwaway and had nothing to do with Transformers. I hope this one is different.

Any guesses on who that is on last few seconds? I Want to say it's The Fallen, but those big honkin wheels on what's left of it's body says otherwise (Devestator?).

Whenever I look at the face on it I keep thinking The Fallen since it kinda matches the poster. Though if all the rumors from the movie go with Optimus being able to combine, I would figure it would be used as final showdown against Devestator.

Who do you think is the one that jumps and transformers into a car before hitting the pavement? There's also 2 or 3 robots following behind him.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No sign of Soundwave from what I saw, but Ravage showed up :whee:

ravagepb0.png
[/QUOTE]

The teaser looks fantastic. That is like 10x better then the GI Joe one and it showed even less. How awesome would it be if ravage runs on water?

The huge guy at the end (and start) of the vid has got to be devastator. Looking at the vid we are in for some Godzilla sized robots.

OH MY fuckING GOD!!!

Transformers Blog spot has already begun breaking down the scenes of the teaser

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2009/02/official-superbowl-teaser-trailer-for.html

Optimus being punched hard on the left side of his face.... From the looks of the rest of his upper chest, it looks like he takes some serious damage ... my guess is that he dies briefly towards the end but something saves him. No way Bay is going to traumatize us (the fans of the original show) by killing Prime on screen. The fans will be very angry if this is in fact true.

Uhh........NO... Prime combining with another robot..not that crap again.

Wait, is that an engagement ring on Michela's hand?

[quote name='ITDEFX']No way Bay is going to traumatize us (the fans of the original show) by killing Prime on screen. The fans will be very angry if this is in fact true.[/quote]

Yes. Old-school Transformers fans would be COMPLETELY SHOCKED to see Optimus die. That would be utterly inconceivable to long-time Transformers fans. They would totally never see that coming. I can't even imagine how long-time fans would be able to deal with the thought of Optimus dying. There is simply no way to prepare for that kind of devastation, or cope with it afterwards, especially for fans of the original show and movie.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yes. Old-school Transformers fans would be COMPLETELY SHOCKED to see Optimus die. That would be utterly inconceivable to long-time Transformers fans. They would totally never see that coming. I can't even imagine how long-time fans would be able to deal with the thought of Optimus dying. There is simply no way to prepare for that kind of devastation, or cope with it afterwards, especially for fans of the original show and movie.[/quote]

I am going to ask my friend who is actually working on the movie IF this theory is TRUE. He hasn't done any of the animation because he works on textures but he knows who is doing what and seen a lot.

[quote name='ITDEFX']No way Bay is going to traumatize us (the fans of the original show) by killing Prime on screen. The fans will be very angry if this is in fact true.[/quote]

Yes. Old-school Transformers fans would be completely shocked to see Optimus die. That would be utterly inconceivable to long-time Transformers fans. I can't even imagine how long-time fans would be able to deal with the thought of Optimus dying, because that's something that they've never had to deal with before. There is simply no way to prepare for that kind of devastation, or cope with it afterwards, especially for fans of the original show and movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am going to ask my friend who is actually working on the movie IF this theory is TRUE. He hasn't done any of the animation because he works on textures but he knows who is doing what and seen a lot.[/QUOTE]

What theory?

Also, don't ask your friend to do that. He'd be breaking some hardcore NDAs for sure.

bread's done
Back