Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Maybe this one will have a story.

And characters.[/quote]

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

Seriously, the first one would have had to be an abortion on a Uwe Boll level for me to hate it.

Audi R8 >>>>> Every auto in Transformers 1.

Hopefully they get some other decent cars in this flick and ditch the GM shit.

Transformers 2 = Now with even less Transformers than the first movie.

If we get one more scene of "Oh God, hide so my parents don't see you" bullshit, I'm going to shit a brick.

070723.jpg

~HotShotX

[quote name='Demolition Man']And it might resemble Transformers too, right?[/quote]

Now you're just talking crazy.

ITDEFX is all like, "What big Hollywood shit-bomb is coming out? I'd better make a thread for it!"

[quote name='Brak']ITDEFX is all like, "A big Hollywood shit-bomb is filming in my area? I'd better make a thread for it!"[/quote]

Fixed for you Brak as always.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Fixed for you Brak as always.[/QUOTE]
Hey.

Go to your profile and click Find all threads started by ITDEFX.

You'll see what I'm talking about, and you'll see that you didn't fix anything.

I hope the Mountain Dew transformer gets more screen time. Extreme screen time. Bring on a PSTriple transformer to fight the 360 one too. "yo yo yo, you bout to get red ringed bitch!"

I finally saw about 30 minutes of the first film when it was playing at the gym the other week.

Redonkulously corny on a level that makes the Transformers cartoon look like Masterpiece fuckin' Theatre.

Maybe this time the plot can involve the all-spark being sold on Craigslist.

I just happened to watch the first one on HBO last week.

Worst film I have seen in years, maybe this time someone will reread the script and make sure the movie makes some sense.

Perhaps they would focus on what matters the most in Transformers: epic freaking battles of epic proportions with epic explosions to the nth degree exceeding epic-ness.

Not just toss in some shitty-ass punk-ass fake stupid blonde-geared MTV bullshit script with some punk ass 2-D characters who do nothing except bullshit the story into a more shitty shittier shithole than shit story with shitty ass blonde-preppy stupid ass MTV geared dialogue for the punk-asses.

And I don't like it.

If Meghan Fox is up in this bitch, then i'm all for it. Ditto, with Shia LaBeouf.

Of course, this film doesn't have a story, it's a coddamn Summer Blockbuster, the fuck are ya'll expecting? There Will Be Blood or some shit?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Maybe this one will have a story.

And characters.[/quote]
It did have a story. Obviously it didn't meet your approval. All of you jackasses making such harsh comments about the first movie just ought to be beat. Why can't you just give the movie its' props for the great accomplishments that it made. That movie took one of my favorite childhood cartoons, fleshed it out nicely, and exceeded my expectations. This is the new millenium. The story had to be different and done with some current event references, ie Ebay. This was important to the kids that never seen the cartoons, because it gave them something to relate to. Besides, the cartoon is almost 3 decades old. How many movies have we seen of these old cartoons in which the setting, of the cartoon, takes place some many years ago; yet 90% of the time the movie takes place in modern day times. My neices, who are 5 and 8, watched the movie at my house and when they saw the car transform for the first time they were staring at the screen with their eyes wide open as well as their mouths. I asked them if they had ever seen the cartoon before, and they said no. Yet they were still in awe at the technology that they had just witnessed.

IMO, it trumped Spiderman 3, and has yet to be trumped by any other movie of its kind, past or present. Stop being so critical. The movie was awesome that is why it broke the record for most DVD sales. Now, let's see what they can do with Voltron.

[quote name='ricoraney']It did have a story. Obviously it didn't meet your approval. All of you jackasses making such harsh comments about the first movie just ought to be beat. Why can't you just give the movie its' props for the great accomplishments that it made. That movie took one of my favorite childhood cartoons, fleshed it out nicely, and exceeded my expectations. This is the new millenium. The story had to be different and done with some current event references, ie Ebay. This was important to the kids that never seen the cartoons, because it gave them something to relate to. Besides, the cartoon is almost 3 decades old. How many movies have we seen of these old cartoons in which the setting, of the cartoon, takes place some many years ago; yet 90% of the time the movie takes place in modern day times. My neices, who are 5 and 8, watched the movie at my house and when they saw the car transform for the first time they were staring at the screen with their eyes wide open as well as their mouths. I asked them if they had ever seen the cartoon before, and they said no. Yet they were still in awe at the technology that they had just witnessed.

IMO, it trumped Spiderman 3, and has yet to be trumped by any other movie of its kind, past or present. Stop being so critical. The movie was awesome that is why it broke the record for most DVD sales. Now, let's see what they can do with Voltron.[/quote]

:applause:

I had my own gripes with the movie, but still enjoyed it. When I first Michael Bay was doing this I really thought it was going to be bad. But it turned out to be better than expected. Visual Effects wise, I can't think of any other movie that could top it during the summer of 2007. Story wise, it wasn't that great but still enjoyable.

For a movie that made over 700+ million, I don't think it should be trashed so easily. The fans were pleased, Paramount was extremely happy with outcome and a sequel is being filmed as we speak to be released next year and not 5 years from now.

Visual effects wise, this should top the first movie.

Ah, yes the "it must be quality because a lot of people saw it" argument.

Go grab the numbers for "Norbit" and get back to me on that one, k?

The first one was horrible, but I'm as much to blame for a sequel as anyone seeing as I bought it on HD-DVD, what a terrible decision that was.

But it doesn't really matter how good or bad a film is these days, if it makes money then there will be sequels.

I don't understand the line "by the matrix" in the VGcats comic. Do they mean, "BUY the Toyota Matrix" i.e. a joke about product placement? Or is it a reference to the film?

What a shit subtitle. I hope they dump that.

Anyways, I liked TF1 and wouldn't change it at all, but I would like them to change tone/pace a bit for the sequel and focus more on the Transformers themselves (which I'd like to see at least twice as many of in part 2). More battles, less masturbation and piss gags. And absolutely, for the love of fuck, 100% less Linkin Park songs. Please. And an infinite increase in orchestrated versions of the old TV show theme.

Also, Arcee, fuck yeah.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I don't understand the line "by the matrix" in the VGcats comic. Do they mean, "BUY the Toyota Matrix" i.e. a joke about product placement? Or is it a reference to the film?[/QUOTE]

I can only assume they're referencing the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I don't understand the line "by the matrix" in the VGcats comic. Do they mean, "BUY the Toyota Matrix" i.e. a joke about product placement? Or is it a reference to the film?[/quote]

No no... they meant the creation matrix.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What a shit subtitle. I hope they dump that.

Anyways, I liked TF1 and wouldn't change it at all, but I would like them to change tone/pace a bit for the sequel and focus more on the Transformers themselves (which I'd like to see at least twice as many of in part 2). More battles, less masturbation and piss gags. And absolutely, for the love of fuck, 100% less Linkin Park songs. Please. And an infinite increase in orchestrated versions of the old TV show theme.

Also, Arcee, fuck yeah.

[/quote]

I doubt they will drop the subtitle. Megan was too crispy in the movie.

Not all of the music was from Linkin Park. The Album was good and the score was great.

I am really curious how are they going to introduce new transformer life forms (born on earth) or does everyone arrive from Cybertron?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Not all of the music was from Linkin Park.[/QUOTE]

Never said it was. I just singled them out as being especially heinous. I want 100% less of all forms of teen angst rock in TF2, period.

Also, I liked the score, too.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I don't understand the line "by the matrix" in the VGcats comic. Do they mean, "BUY the Toyota Matrix" i.e. a joke about product placement? Or is it a reference to the film?[/quote]

To elaborate a bit on ITDEFX's comment, it's an exclamation. Replace 'matrix' w/ 'gods' (or if your a Star Wars fan, 'Maker') and you'll get it.

I'd rather just watch the new cartoon.

Honestly, the hideous robot designs are what stopped me from seeing the first and will keep me from the second.

Seriously? "Revenge of the Fallen"? Why not call it a more kick your ass name like:

Transformers 2: F*** Tha Police

ROOOOOOOOAOAAAAARRR.

hehe, last time I was very close to a filming location was back in 1998 in Miami during the "There's something about Mary".

So where is that pention to get Susan Blu to do the voice of Arcee?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am really curious how are they going to introduce new transformer life forms (born on earth) or does everyone arrive from Cybertron?[/quote]

Probably Cybertron. IIRC, the 1st one mentioned Cybertron was destroyed & that they were scattered through out the galaxy looking for the allspark. Then at the end, Prime urged all Autobots throughout the galaxy to come to earth.

One thing I wish would be part of the sequel would be Megatron coming back as Galvatron due to the allspark changing him. No mention yet if Starscream is the new leader or someone entirely new(Soundwave?).

[quote name='tangytangerine']Probably Cybertron. IIRC, the 1st one mentioned Cybertron was destroyed & that they were scattered through out the galaxy looking for the allspark. Then at the end, Prime urged all Autobots throughout the galaxy to come to earth.

One thing I wish would be part of the sequel would be Megatron coming back as Galvatron due to the allspark changing him. No mention yet if Starscream is the new leader or someone entirely new(Soundwave?).[/quote]

I don't think Cybertron was "destroyed" but more ravaged by the war between the two factions. I have mixed feelings with Megatron coming back as Galvatron.
If we had a hint at the end of the first movie of this, ok, but I think Megatron is dead and won't come back. That doesn't mean that Frank Welker can't voice other decepticons right?

Starscream will be back and if the title suggests, he will be back with a full armada of deceptions to give the autobots hell. I really want to see the constructions form devistator.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'd rather just watch the new cartoon.

Honestly, the hideous robot designs are what stopped me from seeing the first and will keep me from the second.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute...so, you didn't see the movie because of "hideous robot designs," but you will watch the new cartoon? Seriously?

This doesn't classify as "hideous robot designs"?
transfomersanimatedis0.jpg

I don't see why they need humans in a transformer movie. Do they not realize giant robots fighting and destroying stuff is enough?

[quote name='mrlokievil']I don't see why they need humans in a transformer movie. Do they not realize giant robots fighting and destroying stuff is enough?[/QUOTE]

Well, do keep in mind that there were humans in the original TV show, too.

See, I think a lot of the people that talk about wanting zero humans in the movie either don't remember, or never actually saw the old cartoon. Because humans were definitely a factor. Definitely not as much as they were in the movie, but still.

Also, mrlokievil, not calling you out or anything, just making a point.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Wait a minute...so, you didn't see the movie because of "hideous robot designs," but you will watch the new cartoon? Seriously?

transfomersanimatedis0.jpg
[/quote]

Keep that monstrosity out of this thread!! Linkinprime has a thread for that cartoon elsewhere.

[quote name='javeryh']More of this please:

megan_fox_16-1024.jpg
[/quote]

At this point I do not want her in the movie. They should have broken up by now, but my guess is that Arcee will be her gaurdian as Bumblebee is Sam's.

oh well.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Wait a minute...so, you didn't see the movie because of "hideous robot designs," but you will watch the new cartoon? Seriously?

[/quote]

Stylized yes, poorly designed no.

The movie Transformers look like a bunch of McFarlane figures taped together.

[quote name='willardhaven']Stylized yes, poorly designed no.

The movie Transformers look like a bunch of McFarlane figures taped together.[/QUOTE]

If you say so...

I prefer my Transformers not looking like disproportionate gorillas suffering from severe muscular dystrophy, but whatever...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']If you say so...

I prefer my Transformers not looking like disproportionate gorillas suffering from severe muscular dystrophy, but whatever...[/quote]

But if they paint some flames on a pile of scrap metal and Mountain Dew cans, you're game?

bread's done
Back