Photo
- - - - -

Mirror's Edge - Out November 11 - Demo Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#31 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

Damnit I wanna play Mirror's Edge.

Posted Image

#32 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

Make a Euro account. I've been telling you this for weeks now. You'd have the demo already if you spend five minutes setting it up.

#33 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

[-(

(does the Euro store have different Fallout 3 / Bioshock themes than the US store?)

Posted Image

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Don't think so.

#35 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

nice...got my code..now i need the damn demo
Posted Image

#36 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

Im not sure what it is about this game that makes me want to play it so badly, but i think its because its a fresh, original idea on a large scale. hmmm...

#37 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:21 AM

Damn, the game is interesting and fun but I got woozy after playing the demo.

#38 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:36 AM

DAMMNIT..im too lazy to make a Euro account...when's the update?
Posted Image

#39 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:26 AM

It's up! Downloading now....842 megs
Posted Image

#40 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:36 AM

tag for impressions.

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:45 AM

Played through the tutorial and there's definitely a learning curve that's involved to be able to play as well as the trailers. After the tutorial, you get to play the level from the debut trailer.

Edit: Just finished that level and it was a bit hard, but felt really good when I got things right.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 31 October 2008 - 02:55 AM.

#42 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:26 AM

This demo just blew my mind

#43 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:39 AM

I don't really know what to feel about it. I failed a lot during the tutorial at the beginning, and after completing the combat tutorial, I didn't feel like I completely knew what I was doing.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#44 deadgopher

deadgopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:52 AM

God DAMN. Way too short. Played it about five times already. Fucking amazing.
Posted Image

#45 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:54 AM

the demo was awesome. This will be a day one purchase for me. Looks like EA's two new franchises Dead Space and Mirrors Edge are doing real good.

#46 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

I really enjoyed it. I'll have to wait for the PC version though.:cry:

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#47 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:55 AM

Wow, just finished playing the demo and I'm SO glad I have this pre-ordered at Gamestop! From the previews, I knew the graphics were going to be stellar, but the comicky "aeon flux" parts had me worried. Luckily, those parts don't dominate the game, and you get a really good sense of being in a huge, sprawling city. I like the idea of run & no gun gameplay. It's a very fresh feeling. The first time I had to haul ass up 3 flights of stairs to get away from the enemies was unreal!

The only thing that feels odd is running and jumping with the same hand, but I guess I can understand it since combat is all on the right hand. I did find myself getting lost a little bit too. I think this will be a matter of just getting used to the concept, but it's almost as though the game is TOO freeing. Being able to jump over/climb up nearly anything had me doing pointless things that were not the quickest route to my goal.
In a weird way, I guess that is similar to many racing games though. You have to learn the "track" to know all the good shortcuts.

I really can't wait till this game hits shelves though! EA deserves a lot of credit for this one. Totally creative, totally innovative, and it looks like it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun! Just awesome!

#48 TheMoor

TheMoor

Kuritsuchan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:12 AM

Although I thought the demo was awesome and am really looking forward to playing this game, I don't think it's a purchase for me. I think this game is the ultimate rental and I do believe everyone should play this as it is something different that has never been done before. This game demands not to be ignored!!!

#49 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

Although I thought the demo was awesome and am really looking forward to playing this game, I don't think it's a purchase for me. I think this game is the ultimate rental and I do believe everyone should play this as it is something different that has never been done before. This game demands not to be ignored!!!

And that's not enough of a reason to buy it? I gather you're probably speaking in terms of the alleged length of the game, but that brings back the movie/meal argument again. A lot of people pay $9-10 to see a movie that lasts 90 minutes. Many people pay $30 to eat a meal that they enjoy for 30-45 minutes.

While I would prefer the game to be well thought out, with a developed story, the main objective is enjoying the experience. There is such a thing as being too long as well. After all, we've all experienced both movies and meals that have gone on much longer than we would have liked them to.

#50 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

The aspect I'm having most trouble with is soft falls. I keep getting hurt on a few landings. Also controls take some getting use to.

#51 TheMoor

TheMoor

Kuritsuchan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

And that's not enough of a reason to buy it? I gather you're probably speaking in terms of the alleged length of the game, but that brings back the movie/meal argument again. A lot of people pay $9-10 to see a movie that lasts 90 minutes. Many people pay $30 to eat a meal that they enjoy for 30-45 minutes.

While I would prefer the game to be well thought out, with a developed story, the main objective is enjoying the experience. There is such a thing as being too long as well. After all, we've all experienced both movies and meals that have gone on much longer than we would have liked them to.

No, i meant as I don't personally see myself playing it again after my first run through which is why I said it would be a rental for me...no need for me to spend $60+tax when I could enjoy the full experience with $6 to rent it. So there goes your movie/meal argument out the window. This is my opinion, but at the same time I think (based on the demo) that everyone should experience the awesomeness that is Mirror's Edge, even if it is only for a rental.

#52 imascrub

imascrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

anybody try the time trials? (if you haven't preordered, get the code from Frisky's link a page back)

I tried a few times and got a final time of 56.xx seconds, but my ranking is still around 360 which was my first try which ended at 1:40 or so. Anybody know how to update rankings? I want my name up on the board lol
Posted Image

#53 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:43 AM

Probably just takes a while to update. I'll add the time trial code generator link to the OP for easy access.

#54 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Messed up. EA finally does something innovative instead of churning out another sports sequel, but you don't think it's worth supporting. I guess EA well be going back to infinite sequels after this fails.

#55 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

Just because it's innovative doesn't mean he has to buy it.

#56 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

I played thru a few times. The demo is stupid short when you skip the tutorial. Feels like a 1st person assassins creed to me. I can see this getting very boring very fast. The free feeling really isn't there for me. They mask it with rooftops that you can't get to and the open feeling of being up high. I hate the convex sticks on the ps3 controller. I kept having to readjust my thumbs cause they were slipping off. I will try the 360 version tonight to see if I notice any differences.

#57 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

Wow! Only $6 for a rental??? Where are you getting that deal, via delorean? :lol:

2ic4l5j.jpg

#58 deadgopher

deadgopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

anybody try the time trials? (if you haven't preordered, get the code from Frisky's link a page back)

I tried a few times and got a final time of 56.xx seconds, but my ranking is still around 360 which was my first try which ended at 1:40 or so. Anybody know how to update rankings? I want my name up on the board lol

YES. God they're a fucking bitch, aren't they? But that's the beauty of it, once your objective is to complete a level as fast and flawless as possible instead of simply trying to survive, you start looking for new paths and get that feeling of actually being a runner. It's just god damn brilliant.
Posted Image

#59 TheMoor

TheMoor

Kuritsuchan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Wow! Only $6 for a rental??? Where are you getting that deal, via delorean? :lol:

Guess it's been a while since I rented a game from a B&M...I use gamefly. Just for the hell of it, I called BBV and they quoted $8.99...didn't realize it had gone up so much :lol:

#60 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Guess it's been a while since I rented a game from a B&M...I use gamefly. Just for the hell of it, I called BBV and they quoted $8.99...didn't realize it had gone up so much :lol:

Yeah, see. Now it's worth buying! haha ;)