RE4 thread for *spoiler* discussion

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
Basically I am making 2 threads, one spoiler free and one where people can ask for help with the game. I think this is probably the best way to do it. That way everyone can enjoy the game, and we will not see a bunch of people starting new threads.

also I know there is a thread in the general gaming board, but there have been quite a few RE topics and I want to make sure that there are no more made for the next little while and I feel this is the best way of solving the problem

also post here if you need help with the game. I have the guide and do not mind helping (as long as you are behind me, :wink: , though I will probably end up finishing by Saturaday or Sunday)

How do you like the game so far CaseyRyback? I am about to fight the lake monster I think

[quote name='tenzor']How do you like the game so far CaseyRyback? I am about to fight the lake monster I think[/quote]

I really really like it. I am a little past the lake monster (in the beginning of chapter 2, just made it inside the church). The boss fights in the game are really good too.

Like the 1up.com review said, time flies by. The first time I booted up I put in like 2 hours and 40 minutes, and it only seemed like I had just started the game

just fought the lake monster, that fight was just too cool. Then just when you think its over you have to mash on the action button one last time to cut the rope. So intense!

When you first get to the lake. I will stress first..

Head to the end of the dock and you will see the black bass swiming around. Well once you have killed about 3-4 of them that last one is a "Gold Black Bass" and its worth about $12500.

Let me know if anyone gets it..

[quote name='Snake2715']When you first get to the lake. I will stress first..

Head to the end of the dock and you will see the black bass swiming around. Well once you have killed about 3-4 of them that last one is a "Gold Black Bass" and its worth about $12500.

Let me know if anyone gets it..[/quote]

I will have to do this next time I start a new game. Would be great to be able to upgrade my guns earlier

Ashley just busted me for trying to catch a peek. I jumped off the roof, and the set up ladder button came up instead of catch, so I set up the ladder, and when I did I started to look up :lol:

If you thought the game was too easy so far, wait until you get to where I am. I have died probably 10 times now, as they just won't stop coming. Probably killed 30 last time, and there were still more to kill

Yeah, in the beginning I thought there were too man health items and ammo, but now all I have is handgun ammo and 1 gold egg, and 1 first aid spray.

[quote name='ananag112']Yeah, in the beginning I thought there were too man health items and ammo, but now all I have is handgun ammo and 1 gold egg, and 1 first aid spray.[/quote]

yep, I am pretty much out of all shotgun ammo, have very little rifle ammo, and only one clip of TMP ammo

I do have a lot of handgun ammo though and my weapons are fairly upgraded.

Right now I am close to the end of chapter 2 (or it seems that way). Put a solid 2 hours in and did not even know it

I just got it yesterday and only played it yesterday and got to the part where you are in the castle and in the jail you have to fight that thing with blades. I bet I could finish the game in the next two days if I play enough (which I probably will)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='ananag112']Yeah, in the beginning I thought there were too man health items and ammo, but now all I have is handgun ammo and 1 gold egg, and 1 first aid spray.[/quote]

yep, I am pretty much out of all shotgun ammo, have very little rifle ammo, and only one clip of TMP ammo

Right now I am close to the end of chapter 2 (or it seems that way). Put a solid 2 hours in and did not even know it[/quote]

Sheeze where the lord are you holding all those guns? I run on an upgraded 9 and shotgun with the punisher close behind..

Is the punisher that good of a gun? Isn't it supposed to go through two enemies? I dont think it has been doing that for me. What you all think is the best handgun?

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='ananag112']Yeah, in the beginning I thought there were too man health items and ammo, but now all I have is handgun ammo and 1 gold egg, and 1 first aid spray.[/quote]

Right now I am close to the end of chapter 2 (or it seems that way). Put a solid 2 hours in and did not even know it[/quote]

Sheeze where the lord are you holding all those guns? I run on an upgraded 9 and shotgun with the punisher close behind..[/quote]

I got the attache case right off the bat. make sure you reconfigure your case from time to time as the game does not always place stuff in the best position

what about that old style gun? I keep thinking RE9 but thats not it.

Anyone buy that? is it semi auto? The clip is rather small for full auto.

[quote name='Snake2715']what about that old style gun? I keep thinking RE9 but thats not it.

Anyone buy that? is it semi auto? The clip is rather small for full auto.[/quote]

nope I have not bought it. I plan on getting a bigger case next and then the rocket launcher

What about the dirty jewelry.. I have this feeling that its "Dirty" because somewhere down the line we can clean it or something and it will be worth more..

And I lied about the gold Black Bass.... Something much cooler happens.
/\ Yeah thats it much cooler....

[quote name='Snake2715']What about the dirty jewelry.. I have this feeling that its "Dirty" because somewhere down the line we can clean it or something and it will be worth more..

/\ Yeah thats it much cooler....[/quote]

you need to shoot the wood down first so the jewelry does not get dirty. When dirty the value plummets

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Snake2715']What about the dirty jewelry.. I have this feeling that its "Dirty" because somewhere down the line we can clean it or something and it will be worth more..

/\ Yeah thats it much cooler....[/quote]

you need to shoot the wood down first so the jewelry does not get dirty. When dirty the value plummets[/quote]

I had it backwards... Ok that makes sense. I guess I will sell the damn things dirty then.

[quote name='whoknows']I just got it yesterday and only played it yesterday and got to the part where you are in the castle and in the jail you have to fight that thing with blades. I bet I could finish the game in the next two days if I play enough (which I probably will)[/quote]

you must have played all last night :lol:

and that fucker is bad ass. Vega done and chopped my fucking head clean off

Yeah, well now I'm stuck on chapter 3-4 I believe where ashley is down on the wall and I dont know how to get down to her...help plz

Edit: Also how many chapters are in the game?

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, well now I'm stuck on chapter 3-4 I believe where ashley is down on the wall and I dont know how to get down to her...help plz

Edit: Also how many chapters are in the game?[/quote]

you solve a sliding puzzle with Ashley and then you turn some wheel and climb a ladder up to Leon

They call it AShley's Adventure

and there are 5 chapters plus a final boss

I am at the part where you disable the security system after seeing Salazaar again.

[quote name='whoknows']But she is still stuck on the wall, so how do I get her off the wall?[/quote]

you have to shoot off the bands, and then protect her with the rifle

and I bet we finish about the same time (unless you plan on playing a ton tonight). I am only like 2 pages behind you :lol:

Alright, I got it now thanks for the quick reply, I am playing right now and was hoping to get an answer. Anyone on CAG beat it yet?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If you thought the game was too easy so far, wait until you get to where I am. I have died probably 10 times now, as they just won't stop coming. Probably killed 30 last time, and there were still more to kill[/quote]

Oh...my...God...this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in a game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='whoknows']But she is still stuck on the wall, so how do I get her off the wall?[/quote]

and I bet we finish about the same time (unless you plan on playing a ton tonight). I am only like 2 pages behind you :lol:[/quote]

If you are going page by page in the book I suggest you don't unless you get stuck because it takes too long going page by page in a strategy guide. And thanks again.

beat it in 21 hours

i got a rocket launcher with infinite ammo
and something else

bonus games include
assignment ada (play as Ada)
merceneries

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='whoknows']But she is still stuck on the wall, so how do I get her off the wall?[/quote]

and I bet we finish about the same time (unless you plan on playing a ton tonight). I am only like 2 pages behind you :lol:[/quote]

If you are going page by page in the book I suggest you don't unless you get stuck because it takes too long going page by page in a strategy guide. And thanks again.[/quote]

I have only used the strategy guide like one time (the puzzle in the church with the lights)

Soo very close. I've had a blast playing so far, I'm on chap 5-3, I've been playing as much as I possibly could and if in wasn't for work I would've finished it.

BTW I too have the Guide, glad the poster's double sided, otherwise my dad would have a stroke :lol:

SO can someone who is through the game tell me who Krauser is. I have played all but Code Veronica and I can't recall the info about the character. So I am curious of his storyline.

AFAIK he's not in any other RE. Apparently he was with Leon in some special team squad called O.A.R. He supposivly died in a helicopter crash 2 years before the start of RE4.

On a different note, I just finished the game, with a complete time of just under 16 hrs. Would've been quiker, but I spent a good 2 hrs stuck on the sliding puzzle. Yes I could've used the guide, but I just have to solve these puzzles myself (this made Onimusha 1-3 a total bitch to beat. . . wait a minute. . . I never finished 3! Crap!).

Without spoiling anything, lets just say things are far from over :Dn Here's to RE5 and whatever whacky conventions it brings :D

someone mind telling me what the bottle caps do. I got the first row, and some in the second, but I feel like I am wasting my time

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']I am not about to blow $150 to play this game, some kind soul please spoil the plot for your fellow CAGs...[/quote]
how about $100 or so? The cube is $59 used at EB right now....

I'm only in the 1st chapter; I'm about to go fight the lake monster, but shut it off for the night. Just tell me (please?) Where's Wesker tie into all of this?

[quote name='Mouse']I'm only in the 1st chapter; I'm about to go fight the lake monster, but shut it off for the night. Just tell me (please?) Where's Wesker tie into all of this?[/quote]

SPOILERS BELOW:

wesker sends ada wong to retrieve "the sample". thats his only tie in for RE4

[quote name='CaseyRyback']someone mind telling me what the bottle caps do. I got the first row, and some in the second, but I feel like I am wasting my time[/quote]

they don't anything that i see. i got them all the only reason to get them that i see is the cash bonus you get from finishing a row

You guys are way too far. I just found Ashley.

Funny, though.. when I was taking her back through town, I climbed up to the top of the tower. I figured she'd be safe up there while I killed a few of the villagers (which she was). But - and this only happened one time, I could not reproduce this - as I was about to climb the ladder, I heard her say "What are you looking at?!" and then "YOU PERVERT!".. I :rofl:'ed for a few minutes and caught her.. climbed back up, she followed, I jumped down, she stayed up.. but did not say anything else, sadly.

Oh, and I bought a Gamecube just for this game. With rumors of XBox Live prices on the rise, I may get rid of XBox and all the games and like.. buy the complete GC library, or something. I'm so excited, though, I get to play Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe again!

Hah! I found out how. Just get her at a higher level than you and aim your gun up at her.. she'll freak out and be all "What are you looking at?!?!?! Pervert!!!!"

Oh my GOD! I'm on like 2-2 or 2-3 in that house with Ashley and whatshisface and all the zombies are pouring in.. you've gotta be fucking kidding me.. can I just run upstairs like a puss and hide or something or do I have to stay down and fight? I got through about 20 zombies, but they literally pour in ten at a time through three or four windows, and the spinny things that come out of their head.. I can't survive. There's no way that i'm expected to kill them all. There's no way.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh my GOD! I'm on like 2-2 or 2-3 in that house with Ashley and whatshisface and all the zombies are pouring in.. you've gotta be shaq-fuing kidding me.. can I just run upstairs like a puss and hide or something or do I have to stay down and fight? I got through about 20 zombies, but they literally pour in ten at a time through three or four windows, and the spinny things that come out of their head.. I can't survive. There's no way that i'm expected to kill them all. There's no way.[/quote]

Just wait till you get a whole bucnh of the things that eat your head in one hit. hehehehe

Shit i just killed ashley one of the guys was taking her so i tuuurned around and hit her by accident

[quote name='Scorch']Hah! I found out how. Just get her at a higher level than you and aim your gun up at her.. she'll freak out and be all "What are you looking at?!?!?! Pervert!!!!"[/quote]

I know, that happened to me and I started laughing :lol:

if you knock over a ladder, jump down, and then pick the ladder back up , the same thing happens

I just finished the game about a half an hour ago or so. I was pretty pleased throughout.

For those of you that already finished the game, did you notice the little thing at the end of the credits? "This game is protected by the Racoon Police Department. Any violation will result in criminal prosecution by an appropriate S.T.A.R.S. member, and then some."

(that's not what it said verbatim, just a couple of parts that I remember).

[quote name='Snake2715']When you first get to the lake. I will stress first..

Let me know if anyone gets it..[/quote]
You're an evil evil person. And since this is the spoiler thread I've got no qualms about ranting at you.

Anyways, I was doing as you said and taking potshots at the fish, and I see what I thought was an eel. Turned out to be a tentacle... BOOM! El Lago comes and gulps me down. Being the trusting guy I am, I figure it was my fault, and do it again, ignoring the tentacles. I get eaten again... 3rd time's the charm. I lob a grenade into that little circle of fisshies and watch them go byebye in an explosion of water and sushi. Ultimately, I came to the discovery that there was no mythical "Gold Black Bass", and I just pointlessly added 2 more deaths to my record, already jacked up by leatherface lobbing off my head numerous times in the intro.

In hindsight I should have thrown a inciendary grenade in that gathering of crows. Would have gotten a lot more money.

I am at the part where you see Ashley on the CCTV

took a break because I am going to attempt to get some more of the bottlecaps

bread's done
Back