Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

Will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Debuts Monday Feb 2nd 2009.

Nathan gets the ball rolling on capturing anyone with powers.

Nice to see another Star Trek alum show up, Michael Dorn aka Worf from ST:TNG as the President.

I think it's going to be an interesting story arc. I wonder if everyone (john q. public) is going to know that people are gaining abilities or if it'll be more of a secretive round up.

In the preview they seemed to have a lot of captured people. This could be a bad thing because that could mean more useless freaking characters

Here come the Sentinels.

If they follow this path, I would be 'interested' in a Messiah Complex story. Perhaps Sylar's child could be the focus? Mohinder could evolve to be Predator X. :whistle2:#

I just hope it is better then Chapter 2 and 3. If not I can see this getting canceled real soon. Or maybe not considering Knight Rider hasnt been canned yet.

Stop giving and taking powers to everyone each week. Quit bringing back everyone who died. When everyone has powers the show is not that fun to watch. Right now I think that is where we are at.

I can live with Vol 2.

Vol 3 was fine by me with the exception of there not being any real battles between Heroes and I felt like it was a major boner kill that nothing went down.

Considering how in love Peter was with Caitlyn, I thought they would at least touch base on that again since she basically got lost in the future but maybe it was a portion they just wanna forget and not bother with.

So, when does "Heroes: We've Pulled Our Head Out of Our Ass and Are No Longer Simply Retelling the Same Story Over and Over Again With the Only Additions Being a Bunch of Bullshit that Gets Tiresome Really Quickly" start?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Pssh... Soon he'll have to put EVERYBODY in jail. Considering that future in the beginning of the season is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm, kinda. Go with me here for a minute. We had the future Peter was from and we have the future that Hiro visited. I don't think they are related.

At the beginning of Volume 3, Peter is on the run and meets with Claire. He tells her he's going to back to when everyone found out and stop it. Implies we have the "fugitive" future.

Then Hiro's arc starts and he sees this future with him and Ando facing off for the formula right before the major "apocalypse thing" hits. This is because the formula gets out.

Now, this is where the story-telling gets murky. When Future and Present Peter travel back to the future everyone has powers. Which seems counter to them being hunted and put in camps like he said at the beginning. But future Claire still has her hair dyed black so she continues to be a bitch and pop a cap in future Peter.

The formula is ripped up by Hiro at the end of Volume 3. So that scene of Hiro and Ando facing off in the powered world seems like it's gone. Which means they fixed that.

Of course returning to this future didn't make future Peter bat an eye, so who the hell knows. But if the theme from the very beginning and the beginning of Fugitives holds up, people with powers are hunted. There were just waaaay too many future visions in Volume 3. Angela had like a half dozen that never fully came true. Then we had the future Peter went to, the future Matt saw, the paintings, and the comics of Isaac Mendez which are inexplicably being published all the way up to this point.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Of course returning to this future didn't make future Peter bat an eye, so who the hell knows. But if the theme from the very beginning and the beginning of Fugitives holds up, people with powers are hunted. There were just waaaay too many future visions in Volume 3. Angela had like a half dozen that never fully came true. Then we had the future Peter went to, the future Matt saw, the paintings, and the comics of Isaac Mendez which are inexplicably being published all the way up to this point.[/quote]

One of the good things about the Villains arc is no one has any real time travel powers left. Hiro's depowered, Peter lost Hiro's power when Arthur de-powered him, and there is now no more possible way to pull up more of Isaac's work. All that's left is Angela, who's proven somewhat unreliable, and the Daphne+Ando combo. Sure, it's possible they could introduce new people, but let's hope they leave time travel out of the future. It's far too confusing.

[quote name='slickkill77']No way what are they going to do with Hiro? He is the "masta of time and space"[/quote]

He'll be Ando's Sidekick. We had to deal with Ando doing nothing useful for 3 seasons, now its Waffle-Man's turn.

If I remember correctly, some of the preview I saw had Hiro being arrested. Poor Hiro, he is arrested with no power to boot. At least Ando won't be arrested, since I doubt Nathan has a profile on him yet.

The government will likely keep this quiet. There is no way they can tell what the public's reaction will be if they leak this out.

[quote name='Will']Do they get the Haitian to play sidekick to the people doing the capturing?[/quote]

Sylar & His father "The Hunter" will be the ones doing most of the capturing, along with the Kill Squad from the graphic novels.

[quote name='slickkill77']Hiro is 3x the actor and character that sidekick man is. Ando's power is literally sidekick power[/quote]

Ando's power is the ability to make me less interested in an episode if he's the focus.

[quote name='Chase']Ando's power is the ability to make me less interested in an episode if he's the focus.[/quote]
2nded

I'm glad the time travel powers are gone, but why couldn't Hiro have kept something, maybe teleportation, and slowing time? I'm going to miss his power.

Ando's power has to be the stupidest one. It's like they just decided that the character was born to be a sidekick.

I was thnking the same thing Shrike. As long as they aren't too pricey, I'm okay with it though.

[quote name='Ziv']I was thnking the same thing Shrike. As long as they aren't too pricey, I'm okay with it though.[/quote]Season 2 was a strike-shortened season, and it was anything but inexpensive. The Vol 3 "season" arc was about the length we saw for Season 2's shortened season.

I wouldn't imagine much in the way of pricing mercy from NBC/Universal on this one.

[quote name='shrike4242']Season 2 was a strike-shortened season, and it was anything but inexpensive. The Vol 3 "season" arc was about the length we saw for Season 2's shortened season.

I wouldn't imagine much in the way of pricing mercy from NBC/Universal on this one.[/quote]

But why would it matter - Don't most of us play the "I'll wait til it's at the price I want" game?

But yea...I could see it becoming 2 distinct sets.

[quote name='Foo228']But why would it matter - Don't most of us play the "I'll wait til it's at the price I want" game?

But yea...I could see it becoming 2 distinct sets.[/quote]Most of us do play that game, though how an 11-episode season on BR stays at $65+ for a while now doesn't make much sense.

[quote name='shrike4242']Most of us do play that game, though how an 11-episode season on BR stays at $65+ for a while now doesn't make much sense.[/quote]

That's just because businesses want the most money they can get, just wait til they see amount of sales plummet on anything heroes related. Then we'll all be happy - in a matter of weeks. :cool:

Do they have plans for Volume 3 to come out separately? The break between Vol. 3 and Vol. 4 is not as long as Battlestar Galactica's, so I don't think they make separate volumes.

[quote name='tokitoki50']They can't save her, that future has been erased. She pretty much just disappeared from existence.[/QUOTE]

I've thought the same thing for awhile now, he can't save her because that future no longer exists. It brings up the interesting question of what happens to someone in a situation like that, are they deposited back in the current timeline, become part of a parallel universe where that timeline still plays out or simply cease to exist?

As for Nathan's role in the coming season, i'm wondering if he is going to sell out his daughter while stabbing his brother in the back.

It's time travel...it's not an exact science (or even real science right now). I'm pretty sure they could make up what ever rules they wanted as long as they have an authority on time travel come and explain it (Future Hiro?).

All else fails, just say the future reformed around Caitlyn, just like in Back to the Future.

Just saw the Trailer for it on NBC and I'm excited. Hopefully the 'Heroes' will become like a team, and stay a team (not making ridiculous actions). I was excited on the "It's Coming" episode from Villians at the end when (it looked like) sides were chosen and they were going to work together. Only this, I believe, can save Heroes.

[quote name='Will']Dont put 100% into this but I thought it was mentioned Vol 3 an 4 were gonna be packaged together.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that would be the case. It's really just one season in terms of number of episodes.

[quote name='coolsteel']I've thought the same thing for awhile now, he can't save her because that future no longer exists. It brings up the interesting question of what happens to someone in a situation like that, are they deposited back in the current timeline, become part of a parallel universe where that timeline still plays out or simply cease to exist?

As for Nathan's role in the coming season, i'm wondering if he is going to sell out his daughter while stabbing his brother in the back.[/quote]

The question is moot because time travel (from a philosophical point of view at least) is a logically impossibility because of backwards causation :lol:.

They've clearly ignored this in the show so it could be the case that they possibly could bring her back, but why should they bother? She really added nothing to the show and is just more dead weight they'd have to ultimately kill off.

I think Nathan is definitely going to sell out all the other heroes while conveniently keeping himself in the powers closet. I'd bet on it blowing up in his face before the end of the chapter.

I want to be excited, I really want to love Heroes again, but I just don't care anymore. I'll probably still watch it, but it's no longer one of my must see shows. Hopefully they'll win me back with this volume or all hope is lost.

[quote name='Quillion']2nded

I'm glad the time travel powers are gone, but why couldn't Hiro have kept something, maybe teleportation, and slowing time? I'm going to miss his power.

Ando's power has to be the stupidest one. It's like they just decided that the character was born to be a sidekick.[/QUOTE]
you are both wrong , that power's the duchbag-good4nothingh-he-is-sooooolame x3 mohinder

Will this season have the ever powerfull Villian Stopping Doors?

door_o.jpg

I didn't start to watch Heroes until we got Netflix last month - Volumes 1 - 3 are stream-able there.. So, I watched all of them in the course of a couple weeks.

Having watched it back-to-back, I think it's a pretty solid show. I don't know if I would have the same opinion if I had to wait a week or more between episodes, but taken as a whole, it's a really cohesive, enjoyable story.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

bread's done
Back