Photo
- - - - -

Goozex - 50% off $15+ trade credits packs (Feb 7th - 21st)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#91 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

The fact that you have to pay them for the opportunity to trade is pretty ridiculous. I hope they don't Fuck over CAG's current system as I can barely afford shipping most of the time. $2 just to trade a single game is ridiculous.

locally used game places charge up to 9 bucks per trade. so 2 bucks per trade is very very sweet (well really 3 bucks when you figure in the 1 buck trade credit)

also

Trading SOul bubbles what i got for free for 2 200 pt games for 2 bucks + shipping is neat : )
WOOOO I STINK

#92 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

Goozex is going to be part of the new CAG trading system?! OH NO! Is CAG shutting down too?!

this is going to be interesting since you can NOT Pick who you want the games from right now. Maybe this will be changing.

We will have our own trading system, independent of Goozex, however, when a game is available from Goozex, that option will present itself.

#93 kevlar51

kevlar51

eats babies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

I was thinking he was referring to the habit of staying up late on Monday night and catching when the future releases change to new releases.

That's what I thought too, but his example of requesting Dead Space a month after release doesn't really go with that.

#94 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:33 AM

The fact that you have to pay them for the opportunity to trade is pretty ridiculous. I hope they don't Fuck over CAG's current system as I can barely afford shipping most of the time. $2 just to trade a single game is ridiculous.

They're not a charity. I think $1 to get you in touch with someone other than Gamestop who wants your game is a pretty good deal.

#95 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Goozex was great for a long while, but when I checked recently due to a CAG offering points up for cheap, I didn't see many games I wanted that were available, so I didn't buy their points. Also, from what CheapyD says, it doesn't sound like the CAG integration is going to add much. I would like to see Goozex come back to form, but right now it's looking a bit grim. Also, Club Nintendo has to be accounted for by Goozex, at least for me. I'm no longer interested in buying used qualifying Nintendo-published Wii & DS games that don't include the Club Nintendo reg code (and are unregistered), so there needs to be a way to specify that. As it is it's a crap shoot.

#96 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

#97 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

I'm a little confused why people keep saying Goozex has virtually no overhead. What about their time? I'm sure there's a lot of manual work in maintaining the game database, updating the site, customer service, etc. Even if it's just two guys, they'd probably want a decent salary out of it.

And that's not including the obvious bandwidth and server maintenance costs, which clearly aren't trivial for a site like Goozex.

#98 jaystaeb8

jaystaeb8

Too Little Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:49 AM

That's what I thought too, but his example of requesting Dead Space a month after release doesn't really go with that.

I requested Dead Space about 3 weeks ago and got it yesterday. The games are there, you just have to have an ounce of patience. Reading this thread proved that many people just don't have patience.

Not directed at the above Quotee but at the thread crappers who jumped in this thread--->Why do some people find it necessary to come to threads for deals on things they aren't interested in, only to bash the place offering the deal. You hate Goozex and the way they operate great, yippee for you. Keep it to your fucking self and let those of us that enjoy Goozex, have had it work exactly as we would hope and have found it a great experience revel in the fact that we can pick up some trade credits cheap. I have 6550 points and I am not worried about losing them. I had over 15000 points at one time. I got a ton of games I wanted by sending out games I didn't want. I already got more for my trades than I would have gotten trading them anywhere else so if Goozex goes out of business and I lose my points, I am still way ahead of the game. So I lose those points. I would have gotten about $45 if I had traded those games into GameStop instead I got Fallout 3, Dead Space, Crackdown, Resident Evil Umbrella, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes and a bunch of other games. Goozex closes tonight and I would be sad to lose the service not my points.

If you hate it, stay out of it and the threads about it. That isn't just a good idea for Goozex, keep that in mind for any forum topic anywhere, nobody cares what you think or what you hate, especially if it works for them.

(dismounts soapbox)

#99 jfuze

jfuze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:43 AM

I didnt want to start a new thread,... but could someone explain to me how Goozex works? Im a little confused.

#100 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:50 AM

I didnt want to start a new thread,... but could someone explain to me how Goozex works? Im a little confused.

This pretty much explains how it works:

http://www.goozex.co..._howitworks.asp

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#101 ogrenator

ogrenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

wow i remember when i was one of the first few on this site trying to get people in the goozex community over a year ago...how far its come now...oh and good looking out sign me up for a batch of credits too!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Rig:Phenom II X4 955, 8GB DDR3 Mushkin ram, (1) 1TB sata (1)250GBsata (1)160GBsata, ATI 4890HD OC, Audigy 2 ZS Pro, Logitech 5450 Speakers, 30" HDT

#102 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

I don't know what people are doing up there in the 100s for trades, I rarely ship out anything less than 300 pts, just a wase of pts. It's fun to see Uncharted at 1,000 pts still. I may as well unload this!

Also the new my message function at the top right corner is ok, but Goozex should fix this by putting a flashing new PM message or something. It really pisses me off when they don't reply

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#103 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:51 AM

I went ahead and bought 30 trade credits. They should last me for the rest of the year, and when you think about it, $15 for a year of goozex isn't bad at all.

#104 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

Also grabbed 30 credits. Should last me a while.

Also, I don't mind shipping out 100 point games, but they need to be dirt cheap to start with. Like the 100 point copy of the Urbz I am sending out, cost me $1, and bought it (Well, 6 copies of it) at the same time as some other stuff.

#105 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

30 credits, thanks! A great way to complement all the games I've been sending out for 500-600 points apiece that I picked up for $5-$7.50 at the BBV B1G1.

Regarding 100-point games...I started out by sending lots of these out. Most of them were PSX games I got for $0.45 at the GS clearance, and, being disc-only, cost about $1.50 to ship. 100 points for $2 wasn't bad, but I've since moved on to bigger and better.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#106 kevlar51

kevlar51

eats babies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

I don't know what people are doing up there in the 100s for trades, I rarely ship out anything less than 300 pts, just a wase of pts. It's fun to see Uncharted at 1,000 pts still. I may as well unload this!

Also the new my message function at the top right corner is ok, but Goozex should fix this by putting a flashing new PM message or something. It really pisses me off when they don't reply

I tend not to ship out 100 games much anymore mainly because I don't have them anymore. Space is at a premium for video games at my house by decree of Mrs. kevlar51. So Goozex was great for getting rid of these cheaper titles.

It's smart for newer users to put these up for trade, as a 100 point game trades considerably faster than a 150 point game due to the new-user 100-point bonus (which I think ends this week). This gets your feedback score up quicker, so you'll get your points up quicker and will open up more trade slots.

#107 jaystaeb8

jaystaeb8

Too Little Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Now is a good time to get started if you have some games you want to get rid of. It doesn't cost anything but shipping to get rid of your games but I would buy some trade credits during the special.

List the games you want to get rid of, if they are any good they will go quickly and you will have a good deal of points to start spending on getting games in.

After you list the games to get rid of, build the list of games you want. You will get messages that you would have had a match if you had points, but you have to not worry about that until after you send some games out.

After you have sent a couple games and gotten 1 or 2 games you will be very comfortable with how it works. Goozex has been very responsive when it comes to people not sending games or defective games and things like that so don't worry about getting scammed, if you get a defect or nothing at all, goozex will give you back your points.

It really can't be any easier.

#108 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

OMG....

Got matched up for a game like Jan 26th... Goozex auto ships stating the 29th.

Finally got a PM back stating he WON'T be able to send it till Saturday.... 2 weeks even after he should have.

There HAS to be some type of penalty for users that don't ship on time.

This isn't ebay where you can be swamped, most have 3-5 trades and could easily ship. I just don't understand these slow people.

Goozex needs to force people to ship, that's why the system is slow, people on shipping when they should.

Most likely I'll still be able to get that game before the end of the Negative ... and reverse it.... but to what...

"This Goozex user ships freaking slow as snails" -5 to their feedback.

but no... no option there.

I am understandable about a 100 point game... it's nothing, but this was considerably more. plus it ties up one of my trade slots and slows the game collecting down.

I guess I'll have to be more patient... for month long wait fests. (Every single game I have sent out has been with DC and shipped within 3 days. It's not that fucking hard.)

#109 jfuze

jfuze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for explaining it to me.

I added 4-5 games to my "Offered" games list. CoD4 for example... it says "Long Wait" under position. Does that mean there are a ton of people trying to trade it before I can trade it?

#110 Forbesania

Forbesania

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

OMG....

Finally got a PM back stating he WON'T be able to send it till Saturday.... 2 weeks even after he should have.

There HAS to be some type of penalty for users that don't ship on time.

This isn't ebay where you can be swamped, most have 3-5 trades and could easily ship. I just don't understand these slow people.

Goozex needs to force people to ship, that's why the system is slow, people on shipping when they should.

Most likely I'll still be able to get that game before the end of the Negative ... and reverse it.... but to what...

"This Goozex user ships freaking slow as snails" -5 to their feedback.

but no... no option there.

I am understandable about a 100 point game... it's nothing, but this was considerably more. plus it ties up one of my trade slots and slows the game collecting down.

I guess I'll have to be more patient... for month long wait fests. (Every single game I have sent out has been with DC and shipped within 3 days. It's not that fucking hard.)

Well aren't you just a little ball of righteous anger. Goozex isn't meant to be a retail shopping experience. For that, go to Wal Mart.

#111 kevlar51

kevlar51

eats babies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for explaining it to me.

I added 4-5 games to my "Offered" games list. CoD4 for example... it says "Long Wait" under position. Does that mean there are a ton of people trying to trade it before I can trade it?

Yeah, but to get a better idea of how many people really are in front of you, click on the trading info links. COD4 still trades pretty regularly so you should probably get matched to send it out within 2 weeks, and I'd say that's conservative.

#112 Niblet

Niblet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

Glorious. I'm a new user on Goozex and I was looking to get me some trade credit. Now I just need to stop being lazy and get me some damn bubble mailers.

#113 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Well aren't you just a little ball of righteous anger. Goozex isn't meant to be a retail shopping experience. For that, go to Wal Mart.

And I wouldn't want it to be, but if Goozex specifies that you will ship it within 1 to 3 days... and you don't do it till I PM you, and you state that you won't for another 3 freaking days.... that's after waiting 3 damn weeks for it.

I'm not stating that they should send out in 1 day... hell I would say 5 days is fine, but two weeks no communication, no nothing and I'd still have to wait longer because he stated he won't even do it till the weekend.

and the only excuse is "I'm LAZY".

come on...

That is the only entire thing that I can see that could be changed, if people don't send out games, the trading stops.... it's a defacto standard of what Goozex machine runs on...

I didn't say in Goozex that "I want the game but I don't want you to send it to me" option...

nope, I looked again... didn't see that option. :roll:

#114 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

So, with 5000 points and 30 trade credits, I figured it was a great time to start adding 100-pointers to my list. Little cheapies from the last gen that I'd never spend actual money on, but for points, why not? There are a lot of GBA games that I wouldn't mind owning complete (and good luck finding anything with a box or manual at Gamestop!) that are dirt cheap on Goozex...

And that's how I found the cap.

Apparently, you can't have more than 200 games in your request list at any given time. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#115 Forbesania

Forbesania

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

And I wouldn't want it to be, but if Goozex specifies that you will ship it within 1 to 3 days... and you don't do it till I PM you, and you state that you won't for another 3 freaking days.... that's after waiting 3 damn weeks for it.

I'm not stating that they should send out in 1 day... hell I would say 5 days is fine, but two weeks no communication, no nothing and I'd still have to wait longer because he stated he won't even do it till the weekend.

come on...

That is the only entire thing that I can see that could be changed, if people don't send out games, the trading stops.... it's a defacto standard of what Goozex machine runs on...

I didn't say in Goozex that "I want the game but I don't want you to send it to me" option...

Your broad generalizations are not indicative of the community as a whole. I agree that good communication is key, but members are allotted 26 days (or thereabouts) to get the game to you. Odds are, most will arrive in less than half that time, some will take longer. Many different types of people use the site, not just the unemployed.

Also, you keep saying that "Goozex" is sending you messages. While they do send out some things from their HQ occasionally, I hope you realize that individual members make up the bulk of the transactions conducted, and behavior is idiosyncratic. As long as people are following the terms of use, I'd suggest attempting a little more patience. If you can't muster that up, use half.com or amazon, though you will run into similar time frames there as well.

Maybe this just isn't for you.

#116 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

come on...

Complaints about shipping on goozex are probably better off on the goozex forums, not in a deal thread about goozex points.

For anyone still confused about goozex I can offer this simple comparison as a relatively new (and very satisfied user)

Most trade sites - you want a game, you have a game. YOu need to find someone who
1. wants your game
2. is willing to trade the game you want
3. has a good rep

goozex is very different. they do not do 1-1 matching
1. you put up games you want to trade
2. you list games you want

goozex software matches you to distinct buyers and sellers. Goozex "point" = 1 point for 1 "buy". the point is the cost of the service of goozex finding BOTH a buyer and a seller for your big ass list.

I have been dumping a lot of 100-200pt games. For me it is worth it because those games were sitting on my shelf doing nothing. I only dump games I amd 99.9% done with. While it's nice to have 200 XBOX1 games sitting on my book shelf, 170 of them are games I will likely never touch.

I was all "hmm I'm interested in Neverwinter Nights 2" So I dump 6 100pt games that I have no interest in, someone else gets to play them. Then I get a "like new" copy of NWN2 complete w/ book and CD key in tact.

For me, that is a good deal. I don't mind shipping out games at $1.90 each So for ~ $12 cost to me, I got to
1. receive a Like New mint condition game I want
2. got rid of my old games I did not want
3. increased my trader reputation which allows me to buy and sell more

However as many other CAGs have mentioned, goozex is a fantastic service for those interested in "flipping"

Me, I work all day and don't have the time to flip. I also live in CA so sales tax here is a real pain. Gas is expensive here, and stores near my like BB/target/CC etc.. have terrible deals compared to other parts of the country.

For me, flipping here would require a lot of Ebay so I dont bother. But if you have the time and know how, you can flip on goozex and make money. You wont get money from goozex, but you can maximize your dollar via ebay or other sale sites.

Now if you sign up to Goozex expecting to get Fallout 3 5 days after release for $1, that aint gonna happen

As others mentioned, if you want INSTANT gratification, you need to shop retail or ebay or whatever.

Trading, by it's very nature is about patience and persistence.
Posted Image

#117 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I stand corrected, apparently now Goozex is offering NEW GAMES for points (via 3rd party)
here are the details

Get more value from your points!

Welcome to the Goozex Exchange!
Here you can find great products that you can purchase with your Goozex points. Now you can use your points for more than just trading games!

F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

Platform: Xbox 360
Release date: February 10, 2009

Price: 1600 Points

get it now!

Platform: PlayStation 3

get it now!

Platform: PC Games

get it now!

Killzone 2

Release date: February 27, 2009
Pre-order now!

get it now!

Street Fighter IV

Platform: Xbox 360
Release date: February 17, 2009
Pre-order now!

get it now!

Street Fighter IV

Release date: February 17, 2009
Pre-order now!

get it now!

How it works: The Goozex Exchange allows you to order products from Goozex and pay for them with your Goozex points. When you place an order for a product, Goozex will deduct the specified amount of points from your account and will make the purchase order for you. All products will be shipped to the address you have on file with Goozex at the time of purchase. No fees are required. Just pay with your Goozex points!

Please note: By confirming the purchase of any product you implicitly authorize Goozex, Inc. to provide your name, email, and home address on file at the time of purchase to a third party supplier, for the purpose of executing and managing your order.

Products available as long as supply lasts. Limit of only one game purchase per Goozex member.
Posted Image

#118 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

Well that might be a way to burn off some of my pts

Doh! Need about 400 more pts to get Killzone 2.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#119 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

OMG....

The system isn't perfect. No system where you have a random person shipping a product to another random person ever is. That said, I've had mostly great experiences with Goozex. Sure from time to time you get some bone head who either doesn't ship the game, or delays and delays, but that's a very rare experience IMO. 90% of the time the person gets the game out and I have it within 7 business days. That's about as good as can be expected. In the off chance they don't ship it out, you simply leave negative feedback and they refund your credits, no harm done.

If you want instant gratification with 0 chance of things going a little wrong, then go to GameStop, these peer to peer trading sites just aren't for you, which is totally fine. Just set your expectations right, and you'll get a lot of good deals on Goozex.

#120 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

Your broad generalizations are not indicative of the community as a whole. I agree that good communication is key, but members are allotted 26 days (or thereabouts) to get the game to you. Odds are, most will arrive in less than half that time, some will take longer. Many different types of people use the site, not just the unemployed.

Also, you keep saying that "Goozex" is sending you messages. While they do send out some things from their HQ occasionally, I hope you realize that individual members make up the bulk of the transactions conducted, and behavior is idiosyncratic. As long as people are following the terms of use, I'd suggest attempting a little more patience. If you can't muster that up, use half.com or amazon, though you will run into similar time frames there as well.

Maybe this just isn't for you.

Irony that you are blaiming me when you are doing it instead.

The person litterly told me so. I don't know how you can get that any clearer.

Goozex's accept a trade, states that I will ship in 1 day or 3 days, not 3 weeks.

Simple enough if people can't ship, on a trading site, doesn't that make the overall experience degrade?

It's not just the matching up. I'm not complaining about it. It's AFTER a trade has been accepted.

Goozex needs to change it to....

I accept the Trade

I will ship within 1 week

I will ship within 3 weeks AUTO PM PERSON STATING THIS.

Goozex expecting to get Fallout 3 5 days after release

I am not getting new games at all... and I don't expect anything Instant.

What's instant..... like getting a game accepted in a month?

Maybe I do need to grow my patience and expect people to go SLOWER than Media mail.

I have had 16 games come in from all cateogries and all were at my door in less than 3 weeks.

I don't mind at all if it takes awhile, just expect a note if you really don't bother in shipping out the item till 3 weeks later.

The system isn't perfect. No system where you have a random person shipping a product to another random person ever is. That said, I've had mostly great experiences with Goozex. Sure from time to time you get some bone head who either doesn't ship the game, or delays and delays, but that's a very rare experience IMO. 90% of the time the person gets the game out and I have it within 7 business days. That's about as good as can be expected. In the off chance they don't ship it out, you simply leave negative feedback and they refund your credits, no harm done.

If you want instant gratification with 0 chance of things going a little wrong, then go to GameStop, these peer to peer trading sites just aren't for you, which is totally fine. Just set your expectations right, and you'll get a lot of good deals on Goozex.

I don't want INSTANT!... really that's not the case.

I just don't want to wait 3 weeks, pm a person "Where is it?", they respond... "I'm Lazy, I didn't send it".

In Goozex, it states that Shipped on January 22, 2009

I just want people to be honest and PM if they didn't/couldn't/won't. Respect in the system and any problem really won't be a problem.

I have had a case where I PM'd in about 7 days to Neg, and they responded that they had a wedding (congrats) and couldn't send it out till a bit later, and I replied that I'll mark it Neg and you just reply back stating that you sent it and Goozex will give me another week, the game came and I gave him glowing positive feedback.

Efficiency & honesty is all anyone should expect. If the guy PM'd me first, I wouldn't have cared and waited.