Resident Evil 5 for $19.99 W/ Trade-In of 2 Selected Titles @ GS

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#211 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:37 AM

Did this last week, bought TR:U and SCIV from Target on clearance then went to the Gamestop next door to save $10 on RE5. Didn't know you were supposed to take the shrink wrap off, the cashier tried to give me $126 (60+5% tax each) in credit even I told him no before the manager did. As cool as it would be to make $96 off of $30, couldn't let a new cashier get in trouble for doing a trade in promo as a return. Happy enough getting the game, let alone with $10 off.

#212 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:41 AM

Yep, always take the shrinkwrap off any games you're flipping. If you don't, some employees might take it as you're trading in stolen goods.

#213 TouchMyWiimote

TouchMyWiimote

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

Anyone know if Edge stacks? Like trade in 2 games for $40, and use edge to get $44.
Posted Image

#214 SAGAhawkguy

SAGAhawkguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Anyone know if Edge stacks? Like trade in 2 games for $40, and use edge to get $44.

Yes edge stacks. in fact they made a mistake on my order and only charged me $44.

Traded in far cry 2(23.05)
Civ Rev (23.15)

#215 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

Seems like a lot of people are finding games on the list they they a) have and b) got cheap. Hard to justify trading 2 games you paid over $100 for only a few months ago.

#216 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

thats a ripoff

#217 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Yes edge stacks. in fact they made a mistake on my order and only charged me $44.

Traded in far cry 2(23.05)
Civ Rev (23.15)

Damn it! I wish I knew that. You think they'd be able to refund me the $4?
Posted Image

#218 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Just called to see how much my local gamestop would give for Little Big Planet (trying to partake in the extra 20% for RE5 deal) and apparently they don't do trade in values over phone. Is this true (or was he being lazy)?

*edit* Called another gamestop, said the same thing (he said he would actually need to see the condition of the game, I think they are trying to protect themselves from scammers or something [iono]). Also that 20% extra when trading in for RE5 is still available (does this deal stack with edge card's 10%, forgot to ask).

#219 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Just called to see how much my local gamestop would give for Little Big Planet (trying to partake in the extra 20% for RE5 deal) and apparently they don't do trade in values over phone. Is this true (or was he being lazy)?

lazy... i called mine the other day and the guy was nice enough to quote me trade in values on rockband 2 and each instrument :D

#220 Zackattk1993

Zackattk1993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

*edit* Called another gamestop, said the same thing (he said he would actually need to see the condition of the game, I think they are trying to protect themselves from scammers or something [iono]). Also that 20% extra when trading in for RE5 is still available (does this deal stack with edge card's 10%, forgot to ask).

Lazy... I ALWAYS call for TIV's over the phone and have done it at multiple Gamestops.

#221 Zackattk1993

Zackattk1993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

et
And for your 20% stacking, I suggest you just buy filler games (Old xbox games $1-$2 each etc.) and get eligible for the 40% + 10% edge. But yes, the edge card should stack on that.

#222 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Lazy... I ALWAYS call for TIV's over the phone and have done it at multiple Gamestops.

I guess in my area, gamestop employees are lazy.

also, that comment on that cheap 360 flip deals...never tried it... is it worth it (I guess a %40 bump is awesome though).

I'm thinking about trading in

Little Big Planet - TIV $24.00 (with 20% and E.card should be around $31.68)
Warhawk - TIV ??? (anyone know this one, any updated list of gamestop TIV [that wiki one hasn't been updated for awhile I think])
Assassin's Creed - TIV ~$5.00 (with 20% and E.card should be $6.50

I would need 3 more games to partake in %40 extra...hmmz any suggestions on good, easy fillers?
*edit* do they still take in Gamecube or PS2 games?

#223 Zackattk1993

Zackattk1993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

I guess in my area, gamestop employees are lazy.

also, that comment on that cheap 360 flip deals...never tried it... is it worth it (I guess a %40 bump is awesome though).

I'm thinking about trading in

Little Big Planet - TIV $24.00 (with 20% and E.card should be around $31.68)
Warhawk - TIV ??? (anyone know this one, any updated list of gamestop TIV [that wiki one hasn't been updated for awhile I think])
Assassin's Creed - TIV ~$5.00 (with 20% and E.card should be $6.50

I would need 3 more games to partake in %40 extra...hmmz any suggestions on good, easy fillers?
*edit* do they still take in Gamecube or PS2 games?

I *believe* they still take Xbox/GC/PS2, unless they stopped recently. Be sure to check in with a GS employee on that before you go though). Also find the minimum needed for the fillers to be eligible for 40%, I think it's minimum .50$ per game.

#224 J7.

J7.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

They take GC and PS2 but not XB1. Employees are supposed to not tell TIV over phone.

#225 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

Exactly, on both accounts.

#226 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

was able to trade in PS3 GTA IV and X360 Blitz the league II for resident evil. the deal did not work however got the manager to override it and got the deal. he wasnt very good at math so he took off too much so i ended up paying $17.20 or something like that.

#227 EmilyBabe

EmilyBabe

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

Seems like a lot of people are finding games on the list they they a) have and b) got cheap. Hard to justify trading 2 games you paid over $100 for only a few months ago.

:bomb: same boat as you..
My Gamer Tag:

Posted Image

Nothing is impossible..

#228 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:12 AM

Awesome. I think I'll trade in Blitz 2 and Spiderman web of shadows. I picked them up for 9.98 and 12.48 respectively (thanks Target clearance), making a $60 game cost me only $42ish.
I'm attempting to sell some rarities:

-SCPH-1110 (aka sony ps1 flightstick)
-R4 box with Jogcon controller and t-shirt (JP)
-Earthbound, complete

#229 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

was able to trade in PS3 GTA IV and X360 Blitz the league II for resident evil. the deal did not work however got the manager to override it and got the deal. he wasnt very good at math so he took off too much so i ended up paying $17.20 or something like that.

He probably included the Edge card bonus based on the original trade values.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#230 screamokid4life

screamokid4life

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Can you do the 40+% deal with the resident eveil trade 2 thing?

#231 knightbeauchamp

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

hey I traded saints row 2 <got for 15.00 pawn shop> and midnight club <got for 10.00 silver reward deal bb> and only had to pay 10.00 @elyria ohio
Anyone know why? I didnt want to ask the clerk and ruin the deal.
In Heaven we trust. GSB