Photo
- - - - -

Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition - $91/$94 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#121 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

pretty sweet, but definitely is not CHEAP.

#122 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

I can see where all the skepticism comes from, I mean seriously, what was the last decent Batman game to come out? The ONLY decent Batman I've ever played was Batman: The Animated Series video game for snes, other than that, pretty much all Batman games have sucked.

If this game is as good as they say, then I will be one happy camper. I'm hoping the gameplay will be a mix of MGS4 & Assassin's Creed with challenging boss battles :)

#123 mva5580

mva5580

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

I can't believe people buy this stuff.

I'll stick with renting the game for $8 and beating it in a week, thanks.

#124 n2Deepeth

n2Deepeth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Somebody hand me a cigarette, because I just creamed my pants.

#125 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

I think the game looks awesome but no way in hell I'd buy that CE for $100, even with a damn Batarang.

#126 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

The only thing I'm interested in is the batarang because I'd love for that thing to sit up on my desk. Everything else would be stored away or thrown away.

The game is also really fun. I played the demo at Fry's and its really satisfying. So unless for some reason the game receives anything like a 4 or 5 on IGN, then this will be a definite buy. And I'll probably buy the batarang later off ebay or something.

.....you base your gaming decisions off IGN? A website whose score system starts at six?

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#127 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

I'll wait for the $35 economic downturn edition ;)
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#128 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

I never knew a full color manual was something to brag about...although these days every manual now comes in black and white.

#129 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Not even if it was made of titanium alloy and included a whetstone. :cold:

#130 robbart914

robbart914

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Thank goodness it's probably attached to the stand or some kids face is gonna be all over the news...again.

#131 Mindzeye82

Mindzeye82

Invite me to your game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

I am enjoying the rationale of the "quality of the batarang" will determine how this product sells. Its as if there a standard batarang quality that this thing needs to live up to? Are people hoping to use this batarang to knock out criminals and fight crime?

It's probably going to be a cheap piece of plastic or metal that will look fun on your book shelf. I don't know what type of quality control is needed to ensure a product does that.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#132 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

Are people hoping to use this batarang to knock out criminals and fight crime?

Yes.

#133 jack2

jack2

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

I can't believe people buy this stuff.

I'll stick with renting the game for $8 and beating it in a week, thanks.Posted Image

Yeah it's very expensive and not CHEAP.Seems like a ripoff.

#134 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

I'm buying ten of these batarangs and tell my wife I fight crime at night...that should be a decent excuse to go out w/ my buddies at night

#135 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:38 AM

I am enjoying the rationale of the "quality of the batarang" will determine how this product sells. Its as if there a standard batarang quality that this thing needs to live up to? Are people hoping to use this batarang to knock out criminals and fight crime?

It's probably going to be a cheap piece of plastic or metal that will look fun on your book shelf. I don't know what type of quality control is needed to ensure a product does that.

:roll:

No need to be a jerk. It's easy. If this is just a piece of plastic, collectors won't be interested. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to realize that.

#136 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

Take the money and support the comic books, although they "killed" Batman (that was a big yawn), and the guess is that Dick Grayson will be relcutantly wearing the cowl for the forseeable future.
[cp][/cp]

#137 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:31 AM

might buy this to see if i can sell it for mark up later on.

Posted Image

#138 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:55 AM

I agree on that. I am a RE Superfan and even I didn't buy the RE5 collector's edition.

What the hell did you want in the RE5 CE anyway?

#139 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

Thank goodness it's probably attached to the stand or some kids face is gonna be all over the news...

...and the floor. Zing!

Also, while I appreciate games adding more swag to collector's additions besides "Hey look, in-game shiny thing! Isn't that neat?", I do wish the prices were a little more reasonable. Punch-Out, I'm looking at you too!
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#140 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

That is a crapload of good stuff. Crazy-shaped case, nice booklet thing, bonus disc and of course - the Batarang.

But all that coolness downplays the real issue - is the game actually any good? I won't be holding my breath, although some in-game footage I watched looked not too shabby. On the other hand, I thought Spider-Man Web of Shadows got unfairly shat upon, so you may ignore me at will...

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#141 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:28 AM

.....you base your gaming decisions off IGN? A website whose score system starts at six?

I use IGN as somewhat of a guide. I read what notes they make about the game and then make a decision on whether its worth getting or not. So if they make claims of "there's one level and it takes 20 minutes to beat" then I won't get the game.

And from what I've played in the demo (PS3), which is basically a mini-preview of the combat, the game is pretty damn fun. You start in a room with x-number of baddies and you fight them all until they're all unconscious. Then the next wave starts and more baddies are added. The demo consists of 4 waves, and two settings (regular and extreme). Extreme adds more baddies to the waves with the final wave including an enemy with a knife that blocks most of your attacks.

Controls were basically square to punch, triangle to counter, L1 to quick fire batarang (ties up a baddy temporarily), circle is cape stun, and x is run.

It was actually pretty funny watching other people play, getting their asses handed to them, only to step up after them and just own everyone while playing around.

So now its just a matter of whether the actual story mode is good, and not just having a good combat system.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#142 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

#143 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

I don't think we should be encouraging collector's editions...seems like adding just a bunch of junk in a box.

Agreed! My son wanted Halo Wars for the Mythic pack (call me a CAG, but I wasn't paying $80 for it because he didn't care for the RTS). He waited (as I've told him countless numbers of times) and now he has it (for $10). The anticipation also really helped once he got to play it (and he loves it).
Just my opinion, but CEs (as well as LEs) are only good if it contains in-game DLC the regular versions do not have and will never have (and not for purchase later). All that other junk is just "fodder" that I'll see marked down 30% at a store or at a garage sale/thrift store months from now.
And because of the irregular size and shape of the box (which stores hate due to space), I expect this to be the same if it doesn't do great.

#144 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

and now he has it (for $10).

How you got Halo Wars CE for only $10?

Edited by SuperJedi, 13 April 2009 - 10:22 AM.

#145 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

I'm assuming he meant that he got the mythic pack for $10 since its "released" to public now.

#146 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

he meant the halo 3 mythic map pack

596772.png

#147 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang.

I'm assuming from your avatar that you're being sarcastic, but for others who don't know: Batman doesn't kill people in the game.

(And yes, this will bother some people; there are still people out there bitching that Fallout 3 doesn't let you kill children. :roll:)

#148 Nobi-Wan

Nobi-Wan

Knifey-Spoony Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

I'm assuming from your avatar that you're being sarcastic, but for others who don't know: Batman doesn't kill people in the game.

(And yes, this will bother some people; there are still people out there bitching that Fallout 3 doesn't let you kill children. :roll:)

To be fair, 90% of the kids in Fallout 3 (mostly the ones in Little Lamplight) were pricks that deserved some sort of beatings. They kinda reminded me of this kid. What a brat.

#149 fullhavok

fullhavok

I am the one!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

looks great but for $100.00 i don't know if im going to bite. i have to wait & see..
"This isn't fair. We came to Hollywood, I fell in love. Fu*kin', we got shot at, we stole a monkey, and I got punched in the motherfu*king nuts by a guy named Cock-Knocker. "
Posted Image[Thanks OTM]

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS 1332-7714-6780

#150 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

If you think this exclusive is expensive! The ghostbusters Slimer Amazon exclusive is $129.99!!! No details on what it includes but...wow...
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/