• Embossed leather dust jacket
  • 2 Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind-the-scenes DVD
  • Code for downloadable Challenge Map
  • Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
  • Full-color Manual
PS3 exclusive: Joker as a playable character -
http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/23/ark...ms-joker-as-ps3-exclusive-playable-character/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ackbar7']Has anyone played other Batman games? I would not only wait to see if the Batarang is crappy, I would wait to see if the game is crappy. I'm guessing the $10 in November is about right.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are an imposter!

:p

[quote name='h3llbring3r']A Batarang could be potentially so cool:
batarang2008.jpg
bat_thrower.jpg
batarang.jpg
caf985472b61560dec12086bf8efaf1836e930f8
Batman%20dark%20Knight-%20Batarang%20%28Lifesize%29.jpg
Or potentially crap:
2261.jpg
2477.jpg

My money is on crap.[/QUOTE]

First 2 and last one in the first list you have would be worth it. The others are all crap. I want to get this just for The Joker but if you can't play as him then I know I will never beat or even try to beat this game. I would have a hard time trying to beat The Joker when I want him to win because I'm more a fan of the Joker then I am Batman.

Waiting for the quality of the Batarang, and that will cause me to decide. Also will need to see if the DC encyclopedia is a decent size because if the print is minimized reading it could be an eye sore.

DLC probably just enables you to download skins to play as Nightwing and Robin or something.

The batarang must suck; otherwise the collector's edition would be rated M for "Potentially Lethal Weapon in Box."

I mean, what's the point of owning a batarang without the thrilling risk of knocking yourself unconscious?

[quote name='Mako1215']Gota see the batarang first.[/quote]

Same. If it's awesome quality and the game holds up well this'll be a definitive purchase for me.

Whoa! That's a really really nice find... I wonder if those guys will be able to come back to work on Monday, was it the manager who rang up the pruchase?... and so with tax it's about $75 total?... which is still really good.

The game itself definitely looks pretty interesting to me. It reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed, and as repetitive as it was, I still enjoyed that game a lot. Adding Batman to the formula is right up my alley. At the time of AC's release, I was actually saying that if anyone wants to make a good Batman game, they should just make Assassin's Creed with different skins.

[quote name='ohram']I disagree about the game looking mediocre, but I was a big fan of the Animated Series, so the voice cast alone is enough for me. But I'll pass on this. You could buy a set of high quality metal batarangs for 75 dollars on amazon (maybe they still sell them) and the game for 60. More batarang for your bat.[/quote]

fixed

Eh, I've paid over $150 for a CE (Beatmania Happy Sky wooo), but that doesn't really sound worth it...$85 mebbe.

Game looks awesome though.

After watching a few trailers for this game, I'm starting to get excited about it. Any word on what the final contents of the LE will be though? I'm interested in the batarang!

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']The batarang must suck; otherwise the collector's edition would be rated M for "Potentially Lethal Weapon in Box."

I mean, what's the point of owning a batarang without the thrilling risk of knocking yourself unconscious?[/quote]

What's up with Developers don't show people what **** looks like before we buy them???

Resident Evil 5 LE Guide Calender, now this.

BS!!!!!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Dude, the game isn't out until June. There's still plenty of time for them to release pics.[/quote]

Just so you know, the RE5 LE guide calendar pics was NEVER posted by Capcom, AFAIK.

Ok I guess we still have 2-3 months to wait...

I wonder if they are already done with the Batrang, or still trying to figure out what it looks like.

[quote name='shrike4242']Where's the pics and info get posted? There's still nothing on the GS or Amazon sites about it.[/quote]

Just updated. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']As long as the batarang isn't plastic, I think I may need this.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I'm hyped for this game, $100 is steep but if that batarang is metal, I'd bite I think

[quote name='whoknows']As long as the batarang isn't plastic, I think I may need this.[/quote]

[quote name='KongaKing']Agree, I'm hyped for this game, $100 is steep but if that batarang is metal, I'd bite I think[/quote]

Agreed. Hell, even if it is plastic I still might get it.

[quote name='maximus101']I'll stick with my 35 dollar pre order with WB.[/quote]

Whats WB? Is this still active?

I currently have both versions preordered at Ebgames. I'm going to cancel one depending on the quality of the LE edition. Also dont forgot about the EB exclusive.

Reserve Batman: Arkham Asylum and receive a GameStop Exclusive in-game Villain Challenge Map. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Whats WB? Is this still active?[/quote]

No, it was originally available for $36 as a preorder direct from the WB online store, but they sent out e-mails a few weeks back canceling all of the orders.

Looks pretty awesome... for 100 at Amazon I might consider it, but I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I'll wait.

Anyone else think these may be around long after the game releases? Eidos is pretty confident this is their best game. Makes sense to invest in their own game by making a boatload of these.

This game could be a huge flop and the price on these LE might tank or it might be hard to find and be worth more for batman fans.

[quote name='zephie']This thing just keeps on coming back.[/quote]

I see what you did there.

I am tempted to get this, even for $100. The last LE/CE I bought was for Warcraft III I think.

I don't think we should be encouraging collector's editions...seems like adding just a bunch of junk in a box.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']No, it was originally available for $36 as a preorder direct from the WB online store, but they sent out e-mails a few weeks back canceling all of the orders.[/quote]

Actually not true, i have my order still intact, and e-mailed them to make sure it was and it is

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']I'm a lil hesitant on this , I was very dissapointed in the RE5 collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

I agree on that. I am a RE Superfan and even I didn't buy the RE5 collector's edition.

[quote name='s2k']This game could be a huge flop and the price on these LE might tank or it might be hard to find and be worth more for batman fans.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Batman fan, and I have absolutely no interest in spending $100 for a video game. I will at some pint pick up the game when it falls in price a little just to hear Kevin as Batman.

bread's done
Back