• Embossed leather dust jacket
  • 2 Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind-the-scenes DVD
  • Code for downloadable Challenge Map
  • Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
  • Full-color Manual
PS3 exclusive: Joker as a playable character -
http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/23/ark...ms-joker-as-ps3-exclusive-playable-character/

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think this exclusive is expensive! The ghostbusters Slimer Amazon exclusive is $129.99!!! No details on what it includes but...wow...

[quote name='JokerCard']If you think this exclusive is expensive! The ghostbusters Slimer Amazon exclusive is $129.99!!! No details on what it includes but...wow...[/quote]

Haha, that is nuts. I can't wait to see what's included in that...

[quote name='pob14']I'm assuming from your avatar that you're being sarcastic, but for others who don't know: Batman doesn't kill people in the game.

(And yes, this will bother some people; there are still people out there bitching that Fallout 3 doesn't let you kill children. :roll:)[/quote]
I think he was referring to that batarang you get with the Collector's Edition of this. Not the one in the game.

I think everyone knows that Batman's one rule is that he doesn't kill people.

[quote name='DarkZion']I use IGN as somewhat of a guide. I read what notes they make about the game and then make a decision on whether its worth getting or not. So if they make claims of "there's one level and it takes 20 minutes to beat" then I won't get the game
.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

[quote name='JokerCard']If you think this exclusive is expensive! The ghostbusters Slimer Amazon exclusive is $129.99!!! No details on what it includes but...wow...[/quote]

Included in the Slimer Edition:
  • An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only be available with the Slimer Edition.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins.
  • Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.

:hot::bomb::drool:

In that order. Im excited, pissed off, but wanting it

Might have to get the Wii version of the collectors edition

[quote name='JokerCard']:hot::bomb::drool:

In that order. Im excited, pissed off, but wanting it

Might have to get the Wii version of the collectors edition[/quote]

To throw a batarang, you have to chuck the wii-mote at your dog. But only if you get a running start.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']To be fair, 90% of the kids in Fallout 3 (mostly the ones in Little Lamplight) were pricks that deserved some sort of beatings.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs[/quote]
You speak the truth.
[quote name='DarkZion']I think he was referring to that batarang you get with the Collector's Edition of this. Not the one in the game.[/quote]
Ah. Well then, that's . . . better? :lol:

[quote name='KingCrow02']The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!![/QUOTE]

even batman doesn't use them for that...

Anyone think its possible that the batarang will be permanently attached to the stand? Just to discourage children from throwing it at their siblings?

The EBGames Description has been updated.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition comes with:
  • 14" Batarang with stand
    • Matches the Batarang’s in-game design
  • Arkham Doctor’s Journal
    • 48 pages of notes on Arkham’s inmates
    • Embossed leather dust jacket
  • 2 Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind-the-scenes DVD
  • Code for downloadable Challenge Map
  • Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
  • Full-color Manual

The pull of the Batarang is strong, but it may not live up to the massive price jump. Do I get it and then give up on another game I'm interested in for it. I'm not sure the bonus map is really helping to sway my opinion.

On one hand it's pretty cool. On the other hand I really wouldn't make much use of this stuff. Not my kind "special edition"

Although it is not the ideal means of finding out, but if you are going to bite, do so but don't open it, that way you at least will get a CE if you want one.

Then, wait for someone who has more money than they know what to do with, or someone who is an avid Batman fan and would buy it even if all the contents were disappointing just to add it to their collection -- not knocking this I have my collection obsessions as well -- opens the thing and posts a review about the quality (construction material, if the stand is permanently attached, and how limited the DC Journal is; I honestly believe it will be mainly a summary of only the active participants in the game, or at the most a list of all the main criminals that inhabit Arkham).

If it is plastic, foam, rubber, or the stand is molded to it, take the thing back, get your money back and then wait for the game to go cheap, if all you want is the game. Probably what I might do, if i succumb to the temptation of a batarang, which might be possible.

A new advertisement appearing earlier than expected in Sony's PlayStation Home reveals the ability to play as The Joker in PlayStation 3 exclusive challenge levels for Batman: Arkham Asylum. Several readers sent us in blurry photos of the new sign, which has appeared in various spots throughout the Home service today, featuring a grinning Joker (the best kind) and boasting exclusive challenge levels for the PS3 version in which players will be able to take control of the clown prince of crime. I hopped online and snapped my own shot, but appreciate the efforts of our readers to bring this story to light.
I contacted public relations for the game, who couldn't offer me any details on the exclusive, or whether or not the Xbox 360 version would be getting something similar. In fact, the man I spoke to seemed rather shocked that the ad had already gone up. Whoops.
For those of you who haven't been following the game, Challenge Maps are additional goodies outside of the main game that players can run through over and over again, trying to get the best score, which Crecente got a look at during GDC this year. We've you can find a video of Batman taking on one such level here.
We'll keep you posted once details are actually released through normal channels.

http://kotaku.com/5224844/play-as-the-joker-in-arkham-asylum-ps3

hi all! hopefully, you can do me a favor. i'm just starting to use twitter and will begin sending updates regarding cheap tech deals i find throughout the day (while I'm searching the web, bored, and unemployed!). I want to help spread the good fortune that cag has brought to us by sending alerts on good tech deals and links to cag that are relevant. i put up a test post. but I'M NOT COMPETING WITH CAG at all. In fact, I plan on helping to bring more people to this site by posting links if/when they make sense in hopes of getting more people to register here (which could mean more deal finders for us here and more input from other users).

Please log into/sign up for twitter and follow "getitcheap", which is the username I will work under as I scan and pass on tech deals (mainly good deals on hdtv's, etc.) to all followers. Again, I will not be competing with cag. My first deal posted was just a test, even though it is a video game. and most video game deals i post will be brought to light in order to bring more people to this site via a direct link, etc. this project could fail. but i'm bored, have plenty of time on my hands, and would love to give it a try. i have an obsession when it comes to finding deals and saving money and this will be another way for me to do so. THANK YOU!

Ps - if getitcheap won't come up under user search, please try again later. it may take a while to be listed. but it should come up soon. if you could, please try "igiveatwit" and follow me there and once "getitcheap" is working, i will send you an invite. thanks! I'm very appreciative.

I actually read the entire thread... and i have to say, i'm not so impressed with the stuff you're getting for $40 ($100-$60). The book, at first i thought it's a full version, but it's not. That only leaves the batarang, which could be something. Anyhow, $100 is a lot... Also, i have no faith in Batman games. I do hope this one is an exception b/c it's long overdue IMO...

I dunno whos actually played the demo but I enjoyed the few min I played of the game. Im having high hopes and am probably gonna pre order it. Although the fighting seems like it could get stale if they dont give you more combos or abilities (the easy reversal makes you feel so badass FYI), I walked away with a very positive view. Plus being a huge fan of batman in general (which is probalby why they have the price so high the bastards) and most of the people that did the animated batman from back in the day I have to bite on this set.

Note: my WB order got canceled so if im paying full price Im gonna do whats agains the rules at CAG and pay more the FULL price. Plus batarangs are awsome. PERIOD.

[quote name='tankass']I dunno whos actually played the demo but I enjoyed the few min I played of the game. Im having high hopes and am probably gonna pre order it. Although the fighting seems like it could get stale if they dont give you more combos or abilities (the easy reversal makes you feel so badass FYI), I walked away with a very positive view. Plus being a huge fan of batman in general (which is probalby why they have the price so high the bastards) and most of the people that did the animated batman from back in the day I have to bite on this set.

Note: my WB order got canceled so if im paying full price Im gonna do whats agains the rules at CAG and pay more the FULL price. Plus batarangs are awsome. PERIOD.[/quote]

I didn't know a demo was out.

Actually I dont know if that was an official demo but of all places I played it at Target. I was so surprised to see it. They usually have demos for like the first gen games but I dont know if they got a special sneak peak or what but I had to try it out. I did notice though that when your in the XMB it wasnt labled "batman demo" or anything but just a string of numbers like "10 XXX2309". Probalby a demo disc from a vendor or mag. And if anyone is interested it was one of those extras rooms not the actual story mode so it just started with me in the middle of the room and the game showing me how to fight like 8 guys at the same time. I think there was 2 lvls and the other one (which I didnt get to try) was the sneaking batarang lvl if Im not mistaken. Although it has bugged me that I havent heard anywhere else of this demo so if anyone knows how it got there Id like to know.

[quote name='Chris.fms']I didn't know a demo was out.[/quote]

The demo is available at retailers now. It's only a combat demo though.

The combat is somewhat simplistic, as the four major buttons are attack, counter, cape stun, and dodge. However, the combat itself looks incredible. The attacks aren't predetermined, so Batman lashes out with a variety of attacks every time you press the attack button, and the counters are unique based on what attack enemies use and where they plan to hit.

The free flow combat system allows you to really chain hits together from whichever buttons you use, and the animations are very brutal and efficient. It's like watching poetry in motion. Also, detective mode allows you to use scanning goggles, which is kind of neat if you like to see info on the enemies and their skeletons.

Anyone know if its ready for download anywhere? XBLA or PSN? I played for a few min cause I was being rushed but would like some more hands on time (plus if I go to target theres always some little kids trying to play and I dont feel like being an asshole and playing it instead of them).

I was at Gamestop over lunch and watched some guy play the demo for this for about 5 minutes. I thought it at least looked good. Not sure if it will be any fun to play. Plus, as other have said, the demo is just some fighting game mode. Batman was in some room kickin 5 or 6 guys butts. I hope the game gets good reviews. No way I'm buying the batarang version.

I saw the demo on the PS3 at Gmaestop and I tried to play it. Some jerk behind me though kept breathing down my neck then he left after five minutes. He made me really nervous so I couldn't even enjoy it.

[quote name='tankass']Actually I dont know if that was an official demo but of all places I played it at Target. I was so surprised to see it. They usually have demos for like the first gen games but I dont know if they got a special sneak peak or what but I had to try it out. I did notice though that when your in the XMB it wasnt labled "batman demo" or anything but just a string of numbers like "10 XXX2309". Probalby a demo disc from a vendor or mag. And if anyone is interested it was one of those extras rooms not the actual story mode so it just started with me in the middle of the room and the game showing me how to fight like 8 guys at the same time. I think there was 2 lvls and the other one (which I didnt get to try) was the sneaking batarang lvl if Im not mistaken. Although it has bugged me that I havent heard anywhere else of this demo so if anyone knows how it got there Id like to know.[/quote]
The "second level" is a harder version of the first. The extreme setting adds more baddies (who tend to try and go for the gun on the wall) with the final wave adding a baddie with a knife who is harder to kill than the others (he blocks a lot of your attacks)

I think I went pretty in-depth with the demo back when I first posted it back on page 8.

You mean if they are good or if they are bad? Because if you think about it, you kind of repeated yourself there unless you plan on buying it if the controls are bad, but don't completely suck, in which case it would makes sense (kind of).

I saw the demo being played at gamestop today but didnt get to play it. The guy who was playing it was just bataranging everyone though at the end he kneed a guy in the ribs and slo mo that kicked in was pretty cool. I waited a few minutes but it was obvious he wasnt moving any time soon so I left.

Played the demo at target and thought it was fun, I may pick up the Batarang version if it drops in price eventually. Also gotta wait for the reviews and an official demo on PSN or Live. The Target demo was just a challenge room demo.

[quote name='almasy82']heads up amazon the price is $94.99[/quote]

I'm thinking about getting it at Gamestop since Amazon will ship it ~6/29, which means I wouldn't get to play the game until 2 weeks after it comes out, plus there might be some **** that happens on delivery.

The two benefits with Amazon is the $5 off, plus the comic book preorder. But Gamestop has the villain map, plus the 2 week headstart.

[quote name='batman1939']I want a home demo too, everytime I go to Target or Gamestop somebody is hogging it and getting their ass kicked. I want to know if the controls are bad or they suck? And tell the little kids that it's rated T and see how long it takes their parent to come and yell at you.[/quote]
You can't exactly tell how the controls will be since the demo is nothing but a showcase of the combat system. All you do is pretty much press square to attack, triangle to counter when the dudes get the signal above their heads. And theres the optional button for the batarang (ties people up temporarily), cape stun (does what it sounds like) and I believe holding X made you run.

Until there's a demo out for the actual game itself, then you can make a judgement about the controls.

bread's done
Back