• Embossed leather dust jacket
  • 2 Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind-the-scenes DVD
  • Code for downloadable Challenge Map
  • Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
  • Full-color Manual
PS3 exclusive: Joker as a playable character -
http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/23/ark...ms-joker-as-ps3-exclusive-playable-character/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does 2 sleeve digipak mean theres no actual dvd case in this thing? At first I thought it was in the "embossed case" thing but that holds the asylum book.

[quote name='batman1939']I want a home demo too, everytime I go to Target or Gamestop somebody is hogging it and getting their ass kicked. I want to know if the controls are bad or they suck? And tell the little kids that it's rated T and see how long it takes their parent to come and yell at you.[/quote]

The controls are pretty decent - the shouldn't cause much trouble, if at all. I played it and it was pretty easy if you can press the counter button in time before they attack.

Granted, you can't always choose your attack, but they are somewhat interchangeable.

I cant wait for this game and the CE looks so sweet to have. I have a few batman statues and the batarang would look nice next to them.

Game Informer has learned that Eidos Interactive may be keeping its bat in the belfry until the holiday season. According to print advertising and release dates on retail sites, Batman: Arkham Asylum is scheduled to ship on June 23. The game’s official website simply lists a summer timeframe. Today sources close to the game told Game Informer that the release date was being pushed until the fourth quarter of 2009. When contacted on whether or not the date was moving, neither Eidos Interactive nor Warner Bros. were willing to comment on the possibility of a delay. When asked if the June 23 release date was still valid, a Warner Bros. representative said, “Sorry - no comment.”

http://gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/1777F2A2-72E2-4765-B961-020EE151514B.htm

Makes sense. Eidos' fiscal year ends in June. I'm sure they want to show growth in both quarter and year over results since this is shaping up to be a likely seller.

Not that it doesn't suck. I wouldn't doubt Square-Enix might be also be playing a hand in this.

Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Sure it's easily Eidos' biggest upcoming title for the year, but putting it in the holiday time frame against all the heavy hitters coming up is dumb. Did they learn nothing of TRU last year?

Actually, this is pretty smart. It gives them added time to polish the game and it means bigger sales numbers as people put it on their holiday wish lists. Frankly, I think this will do very well against the other A-list games this Christmas, especially since there wasn't a Dark Knight movie tie-in game last year to sour people on picking this up.

I could be mistaken, but isn't God of War suppose to come out this holiday season for the PS3? If it is, there's no way this game is going to fair up with God of War.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but this is $90.99 now at Amazon for the 360.

edit: It looks like the graphic novel only comes with the PS3 though? The message of the bundled book only shows for me on the PS3 page, not the Xbox 360 page. The PS3 version is $93.99.

I stopped in my local Gamestop this weekend to put some money down on the UFC game (20% bump up on trade for pre-orders). I noticed an advertisement saying they were doing 30% bump up on trade for the Arkham Asylum game so I asked about that. Guy behind the counter told me all stores had gotten an email from corporate stating it was delayed indefinitely. His opinion was that it was related to the recent buyout. I told him that Square Enix wanted to go in a new direction and make the game turn-based. I ended up putting the money down on UFC.

[quote name='Terrax'].... it was delayed indefinitely. His opinion was that it was related to the recent buyout. I told him that Square Enix wanted to go in a new direction and make the game turn-based. I ended up putting the money down on UFC.[/QUOTE]

LOL, and Preach it! I can't stand turn-based. Except for stuff like Worms and Hogs of War.

Wow, this sucks ass. I'm cancelling my preorder today. I'm not gonna have them hold my money the entire summer.

Wow, what a way to take the wind out of my sails for this game. I understand pushing it back but now that its gonna be grouped with the holiday games, Im not sure if its gonna win out as a first day purchase now. Although like some have been saying there are silver linings to this cloud. It gives me time to wait till the CE comes down in price on amazon like most people expect or for the price to just drop in general while I play GOW3 or Halo or something.

I've yet to receive any notices from amazon about updating/confirming any more delays on my pre-order, though I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully this means good things for the game, though I would be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed.

I dont see why delaying a game so that its actually ready and as good as it can be is a bad thing.

With the history of Batman games, and how repetitive and boring the gameplay looked,this is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've liked to play it during the summer, but I guess it could wait as long as it's developed into a much better game using the 2 month+ extension.

Well there goes my birthday present to myself. Now it shall become a random buying for myself.

But hey, delaying the game could mean making it better. And I think this could easily compete with the other holiday titles if its good. A game that involves one of the greatest movies of all time compared to any Wii game, I think I know which one I would buy (still depends on how well of reviews it receives).

The gaming sites only say that Eidos and Warner plan to release the game at the end of summer 2009 so dates like Sept 1 are likely placeholders until Eidos and Warner officially announce a new release date.

Well at least they're willing to wait and get it right rather than cash-in on the license like so many other bad movie tie-in games do. I've always wondered why those games suck. Found an article that gives a nice explanation.

http://www.xboxist.com/xbox-360/news/why-movielicensed-games-suck-009715.php

Hopefully like the article says, if they spend enough time and care then this Batman should turn out good. Fingers crossed. Besides the batarang is reason enough to get the CE of the game IMO. Now I have more time to save up. lol

[quote name='KongaKing']the 360 version is only $91 at amazon now. With ECA coupon I got it for $81 shipped. Awesome deal[/quote]
Just noticed this too; I'll drop $81 for a decent CE.

[quote name='KongaKing']the 360 version is only $91 at amazon now. With ECA coupon I got it for $81 shipped. Awesome deal[/quote]

Which coupon are you referring to?

[quote name='n2Deepeth']Which coupon are you referring to?[/quote]
$20/year ECA membership = unlimited 10% off coupons for video games at Amazon.

[quote name='Guerrilla']$20/year ECA membership = unlimited 10% off coupons for video games at Amazon.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm trying to fully join, but they didn't even ask for a credit card.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I dont see why delaying a game so that its actually ready and as good as it can be is a bad thing.

With the history of Batman games, and how repetitive and boring the gameplay looked,this is a good thing.[/quote]

QFT

I love Batman and Video Games

Yet I haven't enjoyed a Batman game in 10 years. I would have pre-ordered the CE a month ago, but Warner Bros. has used up their goodwill.

Hmm if theyve dropped the price of the CE i may just jump on that with the ECA too, that would be a nice deal...

[quote name='n2Deepeth']Thanks, I'm trying to fully join, but they didn't even ask for a credit card.[/quote]
You need to click the link in your ECA confirmation email to enter your credit card.

[quote name='Guerrilla']You need to click the link in your ECA confirmation email to enter your credit card.[/quote]

Thanks, I just didn't get a confirmation e-mail, so I had to use another e-mail address.

[quote name='maximus101']I'll stick with my 35 dollar pre order with WB.[/quote]
Is that still available and if so, do you have a link? I can't find it on the site. I swear, I think the WB site might be the most convoluted, unnavigable piece of garbage I have ever seen on the internet.

PS3 version is $94. I also bit and used ECA and endsd up wiht $84.59

$80ish is about the limit I set for myself.

Not "that" excited about this game, but with the delay, I have time to think about it.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Is that still available and if so, do you have a link? I can't find it on the site. I swear, I think the WB site might be the most convoluted, unnavigable piece of garbage I have ever seen on the internet.[/quote]

It isn't, and I think most of them got canceled.

I bit on the PS3 CE version and as of right now it's $93.99 with free shipping. I can't pass up playing as the Joker in the challenge levels... that's going to be awesome. I'm still holding on to my 360 version in my Amazon cart just in case they announce something though.

They had a nice display of the contents of the CE at E3 this morning. The outer bat shaped box is huge, like literally 18" long and probably 8" high by 4" deep. The batarang looks vaguely metallic black, but it is very small, roughly 6" long and maybe 4" high. It actually all looked really good and I could tell a lot of the people looking at it were impressed.

Here's some shots of the CE stuff I took at E3. Unfortunately the Batarang is plastic, but the case it all comes in is enormous.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Here's some shots of the CE stuff I took at E3. Unfortunately the Batarang is plastic, but the case it all comes in is enormous.

[/QUOTE]

Hm that's making me re-think my purchase and maybe I should just prebuy the reg version while it's still $53

Thank you for those pics! I'm sticking with the standard edition mainly because of the digipak case for the game disc. I'm really anal about my collection in that way. Overall, it's a good collectors edition, but not worth $100 IMO.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Thank you for those pics! I'm sticking with the standard edition mainly because of the digipak case for the game disc. I'm really anal about my collection in that way. Overall, it's a good collectors edition, but not worth $100 IMO.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I like how Fallout 3 came. The regular the edition included with extras instead of a digipak.

Does anyone know the quality of the Batarang? Is it permanently attached to stand? I have the collectors edition reserved for the exclusive challenge maps, but I may cancel and just get the regular. Does not look like $40 worth of extras in that picture.

from what I hear, the combat is pretty simple and has little to no depth. Which is what I want in a batman game. All the things I've read/seen have really made me sad about this game, since I really want it to be great.

But that Batarang alone is enticing.

I'm thinking this will be half price 4 months after release because it's offered at every retail location and the plastic batarang won't pull enough people. It is a good looking CE though and if I had a few more Amazon coupons I'd probably bite as well.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm thinking this will be half price 4 months after release because it's offered at every retail location and the plastic batarang won't pull enough people. It is a good looking CE though and if I had a few more Amazon coupons I'd probably bite as well.[/QUOTE]

This. If it wasn't plastic, i'd consider it, but it doesn't look to be worth the money.

bread's done
Back