• Embossed leather dust jacket
  • 2 Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind-the-scenes DVD
  • Code for downloadable Challenge Map
  • Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
  • Full-color Manual
PS3 exclusive: Joker as a playable character -
http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/23/ark...ms-joker-as-ps3-exclusive-playable-character/

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think ill get this CE...too much for too little.

that RE ce sucks balls. i got it and the only thing in there thats decent is the case for the game. everything else is trash. The SF 4 one was awesome tho.

[quote name='batman1939']If I buy it, it will drop by November, if I don't it, it will be $200 on eBay...yes this is my luck. :wall: And yeah collector's games are getting out of hand but I really hate collector's edition strategy guides except for LoZ-TP bible guide with cloth map that was cool[/quote]

Eh, I think this is a safe bet for future warehouse rot, but considering your name and avatar, why would you take the chance?

Gah....so pretty. All I care about though is the Batarang. Hell, maybe I'll just wait until I can snag one of those by itself on ebay.....

The only thing I'm interested in is the batarang because I'd love for that thing to sit up on my desk. Everything else would be stored away or thrown away.

The game is also really fun. I played the demo at Fry's and its really satisfying. So unless for some reason the game receives anything like a 4 or 5 on IGN, then this will be a definite buy. And I'll probably buy the batarang later off ebay or something.

If i can find the CE on sale then I'll get it. If i'll survive.

The batarang doesnt look as shitty as i thought it would.

I have this great desire to buy it, but my rational instincts are telling me that it will be available for half price within a year, a la Halo 3 Legendary and Saint's Row 2 CE.

I think I'll get the regular edition for now.

I hope that Amazon has it for cheaper just before it comes out.

Heck, if it goes down after a year, I'll just buy another one. I definitely want one batarang, but I'll go for two if there's a price drop later on.

The art book looks cool. The batarang could be modified to be a coat hook. The game looks like Conan with fresh batman paint.

It doesn't appear the collector's edition is going to be produced in limited numbers, so I think I'll hold off on the $100 price tag. But man, I totally want the CE.

I wonder if the Gamestop "exclusive" content is actually DLC or it it's just a generic cheat code that anyone can use.

I hate it when it's just a generic cheat code.

It will likely drop since its not limited or exclusive. The only super CE I've seen in a while was the deadspace one which I just couldn't jump on as I'm not really into reselling and didn't want it for myself.

The batarang and the case is obviously the main selling point of the CE. I can see Batman fans that are not into video games buying this just for the batarang. Judging from the picture, the batarang's design did not disappoint fans. If it's made out of metal, I can see this being sold out really fast.

This thing does look pretty nice but I'm surprised so many people are jumping on this considering no reviews have been posted. Granted it does look pretty good but still it is a Batman game. Besides, I'm sure it'll be clearanced at stores shortly after release.

[quote name='rodieremix']Besides, I'm sure it'll be clearanced at stores shortly after release.[/quote]

Not necessarily. As has been said, it all really depends on the quality of the batarang. If it's good, you're gonna people other than gamers looking to get in on this package.

I can see where all the skepticism comes from, I mean seriously, what was the last decent Batman game to come out? The ONLY decent Batman I've ever played was Batman: The Animated Series video game for snes, other than that, pretty much all Batman games have sucked.

If this game is as good as they say, then I will be one happy camper. I'm hoping the gameplay will be a mix of MGS4 & Assassin's Creed with challenging boss battles :)

I can't believe people buy this stuff.

I'll stick with renting the game for $8 and beating it in a week, thanks.

[quote name='DarkZion']The only thing I'm interested in is the batarang because I'd love for that thing to sit up on my desk. Everything else would be stored away or thrown away.

The game is also really fun. I played the demo at Fry's and its really satisfying. So unless for some reason the game receives anything like a 4 or 5 on IGN, then this will be a definite buy. And I'll probably buy the batarang later off ebay or something.[/QUOTE]

.....you base your gaming decisions off IGN? A website whose score system starts at six?

I never knew a full color manual was something to brag about...although these days every manual now comes in black and white.

I am enjoying the rationale of the "quality of the batarang" will determine how this product sells. Its as if there a standard batarang quality that this thing needs to live up to? Are people hoping to use this batarang to knock out criminals and fight crime?

It's probably going to be a cheap piece of plastic or metal that will look fun on your book shelf. I don't know what type of quality control is needed to ensure a product does that.

[quote name='mva5580']I can't believe people buy this stuff.

I'll stick with renting the game for $8 and beating it in a week, thanks.
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah it's very expensive and not CHEAP.Seems like a ripoff.

I'm buying ten of these batarangs and tell my wife I fight crime at night...that should be a decent excuse to go out w/ my buddies at night

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I am enjoying the rationale of the "quality of the batarang" will determine how this product sells. Its as if there a standard batarang quality that this thing needs to live up to? Are people hoping to use this batarang to knock out criminals and fight crime?

It's probably going to be a cheap piece of plastic or metal that will look fun on your book shelf. I don't know what type of quality control is needed to ensure a product does that.[/quote]

:roll:

No need to be a jerk. It's easy. If this is just a piece of plastic, collectors won't be interested. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to realize that.

Take the money and support the comic books, although they "killed" Batman (that was a big yawn), and the guess is that Dick Grayson will be relcutantly wearing the cowl for the forseeable future.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I agree on that. I am a RE Superfan and even I didn't buy the RE5 collector's edition.[/quote]

What the hell did you want in the RE5 CE anyway?

[quote name='robbart914']Thank goodness it's probably attached to the stand or some kids face is gonna be all over the news...[/quote]

...and the floor. Zing!

Also, while I appreciate games adding more swag to collector's additions besides "Hey look, in-game shiny thing! Isn't that neat?", I do wish the prices were a little more reasonable. Punch-Out, I'm looking at you too!

That is a crapload of good stuff. Crazy-shaped case, nice booklet thing, bonus disc and of course - the Batarang.

But all that coolness downplays the real issue - is the game actually any good? I won't be holding my breath, although some in-game footage I watched looked not too shabby. On the other hand, I thought Spider-Man Web of Shadows got unfairly shat upon, so you may ignore me at will...

[quote name='RaidenMGS3'].....you base your gaming decisions off IGN? A website whose score system starts at six?[/quote]
I use IGN as somewhat of a guide. I read what notes they make about the game and then make a decision on whether its worth getting or not. So if they make claims of "there's one level and it takes 20 minutes to beat" then I won't get the game.

And from what I've played in the demo (PS3), which is basically a mini-preview of the combat, the game is pretty damn fun. You start in a room with x-number of baddies and you fight them all until they're all unconscious. Then the next wave starts and more baddies are added. The demo consists of 4 waves, and two settings (regular and extreme). Extreme adds more baddies to the waves with the final wave including an enemy with a knife that blocks most of your attacks.

Controls were basically square to punch, triangle to counter, L1 to quick fire batarang (ties up a baddy temporarily), circle is cape stun, and x is run.

It was actually pretty funny watching other people play, getting their asses handed to them, only to step up after them and just own everyone while playing around.

So now its just a matter of whether the actual story mode is good, and not just having a good combat system.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I don't think we should be encouraging collector's editions...seems like adding just a bunch of junk in a box.[/quote]
Agreed! My son wanted Halo Wars for the Mythic pack (call me a CAG, but I wasn't paying $80 for it because he didn't care for the RTS). He waited (as I've told him countless numbers of times) and now he has it (for $10). The anticipation also really helped once he got to play it (and he loves it).
Just my opinion, but CEs (as well as LEs) are only good if it contains in-game DLC the regular versions do not have and will never have (and not for purchase later). All that other junk is just "fodder" that I'll see marked down 30% at a store or at a garage sale/thrift store months from now.
And because of the irregular size and shape of the box (which stores hate due to space), I expect this to be the same if it doesn't do great.

[quote name='SuperJedi']How you got Halo Wars CE for only $10?[/quote]

I'm assuming he meant that he got the mythic pack for $10 since its "released" to public now.

[quote name='KingCrow02']The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang.[/quote]
I'm assuming from your avatar that you're being sarcastic, but for others who don't know: Batman doesn't kill people in the game.

(And yes, this will bother some people; there are still people out there bitching that Fallout 3 doesn't let you kill children. :roll:)

[quote name='pob14']I'm assuming from your avatar that you're being sarcastic, but for others who don't know: Batman doesn't kill people in the game.

(And yes, this will bother some people; there are still people out there bitching that Fallout 3 doesn't let you kill children. :roll:)[/quote]
To be fair, 90% of the kids in Fallout 3 (mostly the ones in Little Lamplight) were pricks that deserved some sort of beatings. They kinda reminded me of this kid. What a brat.

bread's done
Back