Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition - $91/$94 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#241 Nobi-Wan

Nobi-Wan

Knifey-Spoony Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

I bit on the PS3 CE version and as of right now it's $93.99 with free shipping. I can't pass up playing as the Joker in the challenge levels... that's going to be awesome. I'm still holding on to my 360 version in my Amazon cart just in case they announce something though.

#242 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

They had a nice display of the contents of the CE at E3 this morning. The outer bat shaped box is huge, like literally 18" long and probably 8" high by 4" deep. The batarang looks vaguely metallic black, but it is very small, roughly 6" long and maybe 4" high. It actually all looked really good and I could tell a lot of the people looking at it were impressed.

#243 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Here's some shots of the CE stuff I took at E3. Unfortunately the Batarang is plastic, but the case it all comes in is enormous.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#244 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

Here's some shots of the CE stuff I took at E3. Unfortunately the Batarang is plastic, but the case it all comes in is enormous.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hm that's making me re-think my purchase and maybe I should just prebuy the reg version while it's still $53

#245 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Thank you for those pics! I'm sticking with the standard edition mainly because of the digipak case for the game disc. I'm really anal about my collection in that way. Overall, it's a good collectors edition, but not worth $100 IMO.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#246 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thank you for those pics! I'm sticking with the standard edition mainly because of the digipak case for the game disc. I'm really anal about my collection in that way. Overall, it's a good collectors edition, but not worth $100 IMO.

I agree with you. I like how Fallout 3 came. The regular the edition included with extras instead of a digipak.

Does anyone know the quality of the Batarang? Is it permanently attached to stand? I have the collectors edition reserved for the exclusive challenge maps, but I may cancel and just get the regular. Does not look like $40 worth of extras in that picture.

#247 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

from what I hear, the combat is pretty simple and has little to no depth. Which is what I want in a batman game. All the things I've read/seen have really made me sad about this game, since I really want it to be great.

But that Batarang alone is enticing.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#248 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm thinking this will be half price 4 months after release because it's offered at every retail location and the plastic batarang won't pull enough people. It is a good looking CE though and if I had a few more Amazon coupons I'd probably bite as well.

#249 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

I'm thinking this will be half price 4 months after release because it's offered at every retail location and the plastic batarang won't pull enough people. It is a good looking CE though and if I had a few more Amazon coupons I'd probably bite as well.

This. If it wasn't plastic, i'd consider it, but it doesn't look to be worth the money.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#250 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS3 CE just after I got my 50% off coupon code for Amazon from the last trade-in promo and I couldn't be happier.
I traded 2 games for a a total of $52 (I bought them for a total of $30) add that with the coupon code and I got the CE with overnight shipping and the whole thing cost $35 including the cost of games traded in.
Only thing I don't like is the digi-pak...I guess I'll have to go down to Hollywood Video and convince them to give me the original case and replace it with a rental one :p

#251 Tomeeboy

Tomeeboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Plastic Batarang? You can't kill anyone with that. Pass.
Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :360:, SWTOR :pc:, Random XBLA Games :360:

#252 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

hmmmm....nah, still keeping my CE on preorder. plastic or not, it's still 14", and that's not bad for a display piece that's going right up in front of my bigscreen.

#253 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

Has anyone found out if the DLC will be available later or is a true exclusive?

#254 irfaan.hafeez

irfaan.hafeez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

Plastic Batarang? You can't kill anyone with that. Pass.

Batman doesnt kill anyone you silly goose.
Wayne '08
Fox

#255 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

I didn't see it posted anywhere but is the Joker still a PS3 exclusive for use in challenge modes only?

Gamestop makes no remarks on the Joker being PS3 only, maybe they removed it and made it DLC for both consoles instead to cash in on more money it would bring over 2 platforms?

Thinking going Standard and wait n see on CE, $100 seems so high to cash in on Batman hype and movies it really seems more like a $79 ish dollar CE.

#256 n2Deepeth

n2Deepeth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

I remember the PS3 version being $91 for a moment. In any case, it's a great ECA opportunity.

#257 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

I didn't see it posted anywhere but is the Joker still a PS3 exclusive for use in challenge modes only?

Gamestop makes no remarks on the Joker being PS3 only, maybe they removed it and made it DLC for both consoles instead to cash in on more money it would bring over 2 platforms?

Thinking going Standard and wait n see on CE, $100 seems so high to cash in on Batman hype and movies it really seems more like a $79 ish dollar CE.

Yup and it's never going to 360 or pc (at least thats what the devs say, but bethesda said the same thing about fallout 3 dlc so you never know) and the reason gamestop doesn't mention it is cause it's not a pre order exclusive, it'll be released on psn a week after the game, and it's not being used to bring in more money cause it's free.

#258 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

plastic batarang!? :-s

the collector and authenticity value just plummeted to a big zero.

pass. next please.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#259 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Batman doesnt kill anyone you silly goose.

but he does need it to repel and wall climb. ;)
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#260 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

The Joker DLC is PS3 exclusive, and according to Rocksteady/Eidos, will not be coming to the 360 or PC at any time.
I know there is other DLC that will be coming to all platforms such as the Crime Alley challenge room, which you can get right away with the CE instead of having to wait for them to release it on PSN/XBLA

#261 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

has there been any press release that its gonna be plastic?

i'm still holding out hope for metal :(

#262 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

has there been any press release that its gonna be plastic?

i'm still holding out hope for metal :(

Trust me, it's plastic and has been confirmed.

Not to mention it's been glued to the stand, in order to prevent people from stabbing friend's eyes out ;)

http://www.computera...e.php?id=213315
Posted Image

#263 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

argh.

the batman fan in me wants it, but the cheapness in me says wait. yargh.

#264 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Guess I'm going CE. Use my 50% off on this, the 5$ off, eca, and the already discounted price..it's barely going to cost a dime. Use my new 30$ code on Demon's souls deluxe as that's only 70, so I'm only spending 5$ more. Was debating on the regular edition, but there are SO many discounts on this game...hey maybe that's a bad sign =P. I'll know after the demo comes out I guess.

#265 ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

I can re-confirm that the batarang IS plastic. And it looks like shit too! Trust me, stay away!
Check out my movie related website: http://AfterCredits.com

Posted Image

#266 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

I can re-confirm that the batarang IS plastic. And it looks like shit too! Trust me, stay away!

Post a photo (besides the ones already released)
Posted Image

#267 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Source? Proof?

#268 ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

I cannot post a photo because of fear of losing my job. I saw them today, they are hollow, cheap plastic. Not impressive at all. I had better feeling toys when I was a kid. You'll just have to take my word on this. I won't get fired for a cheap ass toy.
Check out my movie related website: http://AfterCredits.com

Posted Image