CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Release Date: 11/10/09

Official Website- www.modernwarfare2.com

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is an upcoming First-Person-Shooter developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for PC, Playstation 3, and the Xbox 360. Officially announced on February 11, 2009,the game is due for worldwide release on November 10, 2009. It is the sixth installment of the Call of Duty series, and the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, continuing along the same storyline.

Launch Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ

Infamy Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhq75QOlz6w&fmt=18

Multiplayer Footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PMRFkx07g

More Multiplayer Footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJcOy6iuUc

List of Multiplayer modes so far:

• Free-For-All
  • Capture The Flag (New to Modern Warfare series)
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Search and Destroy
  • Domination
  • Demolition (New)
  • Ground War
Spec Ops:

A new Special Ops mode will include two-player cooperative play. Special Ops mode will include several fast-paced action missions similar to Mile High Club which will be more difficult than normal campaign missions and will not be related to the main storyline. It will supposedly pick out certain parts of the single player campaign that "work well with co-op". Missions are unlocked by earning stars, which are acquired by playing levels at certain difficulties. Regular difficulty earns one star, hardened earns two, and veteran earns three. Missions will be divided by groups, called Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Echo, the last said to be the hardest. Within the groups there are types of missions such as "Breach and Clear" and "Elimination". There will even be special enemy types, such as those using riot shields, or even Special Ops exclusive "Juggernauts" wearing heavy armor.

More info at http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2

Last edited by a moderator:
This is full of Win.

#1. Story mode Co-op
#2. multiple weapon attachements modifyable
#3. Random innocent AI civilians running for cover in multiplayer don't shoot them.

I love it .

I can't wait to play the single player, but I'm not very good at COD multiplayer, so I probably won't enjoy that too much. I sold the first one after playing it for a couple of months.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']This is full of Win.

#1. Story mode Co-op
#3. Random innocent AI civilians running for cover in multiplayer don't shoot them.

I love it .[/QUOTE]

Where's this info from?

From the perks, first looks like Stopping Power and the second most likely a boost in speed.
Third looks like a knife and maybe it's crossed out? I think the forward slash looks like something. I have no idea on the fourth though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that vehicles will be returning to CODMW2. Some weapons from COD4 will not appear. Also a special mode (like WaW's Nazi zombies) will be available for MW2 as well. This was supposedly from a BETA tester who got kicked out after revealing info about the game on twitter.

I will probably sit out MW2 if they have vehicles and a stupid zombie mode. I hated the zombie mode in WaW, it doesn't fit a game like that and Resident Evil or Left 4 Dead will always be a preferred "zombie" game to me. As for vehicles, they ruin FPS to me. If I am playing a shooter, I want people to just be shooting. Not driving, not flying, or any of that mess, just straight gun fights like CoD 4 had (which is why I stayed on that game for so long).

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I will probably sit out MW2 if they have vehicles and a stupid zombie mode. I hated the zombie mode in WaW, it doesn't fit a game like that and Resident Evil or Left 4 Dead will always be a preferred "zombie" game to me. As for vehicles, they ruin FPS to me. If I am playing a shooter, I want people to just be shooting. Not driving, not flying, or any of that mess, just straight gun fights like CoD 4 had (which is why I stayed on that game for so long).[/quote]

Personally I dont have a problem with WaW's zombie mode. I think it's a pretty fun way to co-op with your friends when you don't feel like playing people online.

I agree with the vehicles. One reason why I'm not on WaW nearly as much as I was on COD4 is because of people jumping into tanks the minute the round begins. It's pretty annoying, if the vehicles return in MW2 hopefully they can be taken down with 1 or 2 RPGs.

This is day one for me whatever. story co-op and multi-customizable weapons would be SO good.

Trailer was alright, I don't think like the logo though, the "2" doesn't fit with the text.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']This is full of Win.

#1. Story mode Co-op

I love it .[/quote]I'd also like to know where this came from. Either way I'm pumped up for this game. Can't wait!:cool:

Believe me, if the guys of CoD go take the drug dealers of Rio de Janeiro, this will be hardest CoD yet :p .

I wonder what's all this interest in Brazil lately... HAWXs, CoD... it seems we're going straight into "Axis of Evil" or something, geez.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game, even though I still have to buy CoD4 on the cheap somewhere.

Here is a slightly better look at the 1st and 4th perk.
mw2.png

I cant fucking wait. I am so sick of how shitty WaW is. God it will feel good to get back into a shooter that actually designed well and not just cloning another game.

I only kept WaW for about months and to be honest, it was a lot more fun when it was a demo haha =]
But yeah, still got COD4 so good to carry on with modern warfare...leave WW2 alone now!

WaW is OK, but yeah nothing comparable to Modern Warfare. Also, playing strictly in Hardcore matches is probably the best solution to avoiding tanks.

Not to turn this into a WaW thread we already have one of those. But I find the biggest problem with Waw is the fact that Treyarch apparently does not grasp weapon classes and damage output and beacuse of that didnt set up a proper pro con system.

They made SMG a all purpose class when in every other game/ real life they are a medium range gun. I shouldnt be able to snipe a guy 600ft away with a SMG in 3 bullets....thus making all BA and Rifles pointless as they take longer to fire, reload and more hits to land a kill. I also shouldnt win a face to face with a shotgun user 9/10 with a SMG thus making CQ weapons pointless. There is no con to using a SMG like there should be.

The bottom line is this....picking different weapons was a tactical decision in COD4 and provided advantages/disadvantages beacuse there was a difference between the MP5 and the Scorpion or G3 and the M16. The pros to not using a SMG in WaW or NO WHERE NEAR enough to switch. Thus making WaW less about tactical decision making and more about getting as many bullets in a general direction as possible.

Thus 90% MP-40s, 4% PPSH, 6% all other. (

[quote name='Techsticles']Here is a slightly better look at the 1st and 4th perk.
mw2.png
[/quote]

Deep Impact
?
Sort of looks like two weapons crossed over or bullets
?

I see, Deep impact, New symbol for extreme conditioning, melee counter?? you got me on the 4th one.

EDIT: Ahh I just thought of something. Maybe that 2nd ones means you can run faster and jump higher. Meaning that maybe there are ledges and spots you climb up to with that perk that you couldnt without it.

That would be sweet.

1. Cracked Shield - u can break shields
2. Winged Feet - u can fly
3. Cross-up - juke ppl out with ur skills
4. Portal - cake is a lie

how do I get the zombie mode in WaW?...

I liked Modern Warfare's story mode better than Waw, much better actually, but I like the Online Play of WaW better.

I'll be buying this either way

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I read somewhere that vehicles will be returning to CODMW2. Some weapons from COD4 will not appear. Also a special mode (like WaW's Nazi zombies) will be available for MW2 as well. This was supposedly from a BETA tester who got kicked out after revealing info about the game on twitter.[/quote]
I remember this. There was a huge list of what this *supposed* beta tester *supposedly* leaking info. I'll look for the list. Will post when I find it.

EDIT: Found the list. IW has said that this is BS but the tester was fired after he posted this
Here is the leaked information

*Vehicles will be in MW2
*M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)
*Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes
*M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed
*Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
*There are more unknown weapons that will not return
*New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)
*New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
*New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)
*Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35
*Favourite Modern warfare 1 maps will return
*Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
*Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)
*Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1’s campaign)
*All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered
*All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
*New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy’s Intel)
*New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy
*Solider customization for each class (and each country)
*Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer
*There are NO bots in local multiplayer
*Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown
*NO guest players online, 1 player per console
*Killcam save feature
*There is blood and gore
*Offline/Online Co-op
*Story takes place in the Middle East
*Role as US marines return
*Ken Lally voice work in campaign
*Release is set for sometime in November
*New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)
*Campaign-only weapons

I have no problem with vehicles so long as there are effective weapons for dispatching them. I think the Javelin from MW 1 would do nicely since I seriously doubt an RPG would do much to an Abrams tank.

The WaW method for killing tanks will not work. Shoot tank with a couple Bazooka shots or lob a couple satchel charges then toss your sticky, get killed, repeat = bad. It is fun killing a brand new tank by baiting them into driving over a single satchel charge though.

Very disappointing leaked list since vehicles are on there. I can live with the "zombie" mode since I don't have to play that myself, but vehicles have ruined shooters for me. Ever since SOCOM 3 on the PS2, but at least on there the vehicles were not so overpowered that everyone had to jump in one other to get to the middle to get in a gun fight. CoD 3, Battlefield Bad Company, and CoD WaW vehicles just made gameplay boring to me and seeing this just is going to make me wait for a pretty big sale before I get it instead of a day 1 purchase like I did for CoD 4.

That was cool, but the end part that showed off various places that you will be fighting in looked exactly like MW1.

I will still be buying it first day, though.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']I remember this. There was a huge list of what this *supposed* beta tester *supposedly* leaking info. I'll look for the list. Will post when I find it.

EDIT: Found the list. IW has said that this is BS but the tester was fired after he posted this[/quote]

That list is total BS. Even if they did beta test that stuff it doesn't mean it will or will not be in the final game.

[quote name='jkanownik']That list is total BS. Even if they did beta test that stuff it doesn't mean it will or will not be in the final game.[/quote]

None of it seems out of the realm of possibility though.

[quote name='Trakan']None of it seems out of the realm of possibility though.[/QUOTE]

That's how a good lie works.

[quote name='Trakan']None of it seems out of the realm of possibility though.[/quote]

Exactly. If anything, it just shows what IW is probably working on...whether any of it stays in the game or is changed is still anyone's guess.

Pretty hyped until they decided to add vehicles into the mix. Ugh. Haven't they learned from WaW's ridiculousness? I pray they intend to balance it out otherwise I'll gladly skip multiplayer altogether until I can find a team competent enough to deal with it.

Either way this is a day one purchase for me.

Looking forward to this. Passed on World at War after playign the Beta for 15 hours or so--just don't dig WWII shooters.

But I loved CoD4 and having co-op for the campaign will make that part of the game even better. Hopefully it gets rid of the infinitely spawning enemies until you reach an invisible barrier/checkpoint crap though.

bread's done
Back