CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

I agree with them. It's harder to get immersed in a story playing with three other players and the co-op really, really sucked in World at War.

[quote name='zewone']I agree with them. It's harder to get immersed in a story playing with three other players and the co-op really, really sucked in World at War.[/quote]

Thats because that's the one thing Treyarch tried making on their own.

Thanks DropbearGSH.

I think co-op done correctly would make a game like this good. In the end it is Infinity ward who has say and not us. I will still get it. I was just hoping for a quality co-op from a good developer, that is all.

no co-op, no problem. i would have liked it, but it it breaks the story then i am glad there isnt. also i hope they keep the achievements single player only again. it gives me further motivation to play it on veteran lol.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_'] also i hope they keep the achievements single player only again. it gives me further motivation to play it on veteran lol.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see a FPS with all multi-player achievements. I don't like single player games and only finished WOW so I could play the Zombie maps. Single player doesn't have the same thrill anymore.

[quote name='slickkill77']No multiplayer achievements suck. Then people will go into games just trying to get the achievements rather than just playing the game[/QUOTE]
thats exactly my problem. no multiplayer achievements is one of the reasons cod4 mulitplayer is so much fun. no one is worried about getting achievements, everyone just plays the game.

The only thing I want as far as co-op goes is splitscreen live multiplayer! It's so lame when you want to play CoD with people over but you can only do it between maximum of 4.

Just watched the full trailer and it was meh. The teaser is better IMHO.

EDIT: Appears the full trailer isn't up yet. Didn't realize it wasn't being revealed until tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for this game, I already pre-ordered it like 2-3 weeks ago. I think that the co-op issue isn't really that bad, I think it will be cool to be able to go from the story mod by yourself, to a different setting with a buddy.

Looks just as cool as I thought it would. Probably a day 1 purchase for me as long as they have some pretty sweet deals. The shields totally remind me of Counter Strike: Condition Zero. Hopefully they won't suck.

trailer is supposed to be up around 7 pm pst. The edited one will play most likely after the basketball game. Full unedited trailer should be up at www.modernwarfare2.com

EDIT: Trailer will be played around half-time

Last edited by a moderator:
They showed about half of it, and then it got cut off by another commercial... :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Looked so much better on my tv than my computer :cry:

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm gonna pass on this... Activision just sucks. I know what it's gonna be like and I know I'd regret buying this game.[/QUOTE]

What does Activision have to do with anything, other than being the publisher?

When you say you know what its going to be like, I'm assuming you mean a military FPS similar to Call of Duty 4. Otherwise, how would you know?

Did you buy COD4 and regret that?

^No not sarcasm... although I wish it were so I didn't get flamed for being in the minority. :roll:

As for COD4? yes, I regretted it and I regretted playing the WaW demo.

[quote name='slickkill77']Sarcasm?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, there seems to be plenty of COD and Activision haters, who can tell these days

[quote name='VipFREAK']^No not sarcasm... although I wish it were so I didn't get flamed for being in the minority. :roll:

As for COD4? yes, I regretted it and I regretted playing the WaW demo.[/QUOTE]

Well, fair enough. Nobody flamed you either. If you didn't like COD4, more power to you.

The only thing I would still argue with you is why Activision has anything to do with your problem with the COD games seeing as how they are a publisher and not the developer.

[quote name='mike.m']Nobody flamed you either.[/QUOTE]

But you kinda did... or was planning on it...

[quote name='mike.m']The only thing I would still argue with you is why Activision has anything to do with your problem with the COD games seeing as how they are a publisher and not the developer.[/QUOTE]

Well, ok... in this case Infinity Ward/Trayarch. Activision is getting to be the second to the last right behind EA.

[quote name='VipFREAK']But you kinda did... or was planning on it...

[/QUOTE]

Really? I like how you can tell what I was planning to do when I don't even know it!

bread's done
Back