CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='KingBroly']My reaction to first seeing COD4 in action at E3: WOW!

My reaction to first seeing this trailer: meh[/QUOTE]
Same. Except I was in awe in the CoD4:MW gameplay premiere (Bogged Down) which was before E3. MW2 might just need to tease a 3 minute slice of one of the levels to get me hyped as I once was for CoD4:MW. So far, not a full price purchase from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']My reaction to first seeing COD4 in action at E3: WOW!

My reaction to first seeing this trailer: meh[/QUOTE]
Same. Except I was in awe in the CoD4:MW gameplay premiere (The Bog) which was before E3'07. MW2 might just need to tease a 3 minute slice of a level to get me hyped as I once was for CoD4:MW. So far, not a full price purchase from me.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Really? You guys aren't more excited? I see potential greatness everywhere. Although I hope the game isn't too busy.[/QUOTE]

I think it's really that I want to see it in action first. Not some spliced together movie trailer.

This.Game.Looks.Sick.

I have no fucking clue why some of you are underwhelmed by this. The majority (if not all) of that trailer looked in game (notice the checkpoint reached message on the screen). This looks amazing. IW stomps mud puddles into Treyarch's ass.

This game is going to be better than COD 4 I'm calling it right now. New interesting locales and the fixing of the series biggest problem (the fuckING infinite enemy spawns) would automatically make it better than 4 for me. I got 4 on PC but I will think about getting MW2 on my 360, COD 4 just felt more like a 360 game when I played it. Infinity Ward has just done what everyone else is doing, making the PC kind of an afterthought.

The trailer wasn't bad by any means, but those of you expecting that same epicness from the E3 presentation a while back had some unrealistic expectations. Anyway, I am sure they will have some awesome demonstration at E3 this year. I loved the new locales that actually have colors. Maybe this will mean the multiplayer will have some more colorful levels.

I'm excited that we are continuing the story from Modern Warfare because while playing it on Veteran my constant dying actually forced me to pay attention to the story; which I quickly fell in love with.

As for multiplayer, I hope by having some snow levels in the main story they will have more climate variations in the maps. I would love a snow level with ice caves and snowy camouflage, or something like that.

For me personally, this is the only game that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to buy on day one, everything else can wait

Looks like 'Call Of Duty' is back in the title.

504x_custom_1247168368434_ia1n.jpg

Though we all believed that Modern Warfare 2 had completely dropped the "Call of Duty" moniker, that's not exactly the case, judging by some new box art just posted by Infinity Ward spokesman Robert Bowling on his Twitter account.

We're not sure if this is a new official name for the game, but we'll do our best to find out. In the meanwhile, check out the full box art after the break.Continue reading Modern Warfare 2 box art includes 'Call of Duty'

[quote name='Frogurt.man']The Capitol Building rotunda is in the background with a huge chunk missing. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Good eye... I didn't catch that. November can't come fast enough.

Infinity Ward can suck it if they're pissed. It's a no-brainer for them to put Call of Duty on the game. I know they make great games but they can't sell a game without COD on it, no matter what they tell themselves.

same here, i was about to pre order the CE but nothing has been confirmed yet besides the price. im curious to see what the CE contains. either way MW2 is a day 1 purchase for me, just what edition....regular or CE

I can't wait for this game and the unboxing video for the Prestige Edition. That's a great name for it too.

I hope it includes something cool like a figure. I'm going to use my 50% off a game coupon from Amazon on the PE probably. It would only be $10 more than the regular with the discount.

Snowmobile clip: Very cinematic, seems fun. However, watching that gameplay footage I couldn't discern anything really innovative in the gameplay. There doesn't seem to be any new mechanics or A.I. behavior. CoD series has definitely always had the best fucking ironsights in shooters. Ever.

[quote name='SynGamer']If it comes with a steelbook, they have my money (if the price is within reason).[/QUOTE]

Preorder through Amazon and get it for $80. If it goes down in price from now till release you get it at that new price.

Holy shit the Prestige Edition is awesome. I hope its not too much. I'm guessing $120. I'm willing to use my 50% off a game at Amazon on that.

Wow...NVG...cool but not for me. I'll be getting the Hardened for sure. XBLA CoD...I'm guessing that's just going to be a single player game.

Night Vision Goggles. Are you kidding me? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen packed in with any "edition" for any game ever. Standard edition for me.

bread's done
Back