CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='SynGamer']That does look pretty good...if only they'd fix the no-penalty-for-quitting crap.[/QUOTE]

As long as glitching is a possibility, I'm all in favor of no penalties for quitting.

The game looks amazing.

So the list of multiplayer skins/teams are:

Army Rangers
SAS (?)
OpFor (The same insurgents from CoD4 maybe?)
Russian Spetsnaz

Did I miss any? Or have speculations on them?

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']A resounding... "that's it?". Got more excited watching the CoD:WaW Nazi Zombie map (Der Riese) and I haven't even bought a CoD:WaW map pack yet.[/QUOTE]

Insane.

So they sort of hint in that video that there will most likely be a Modern Warfare 3(or similar incarnation) similarly to MGS4 hinting there will be more MGS games.

Hm, looking at the gif LP posted, there are a few sectioned bars where the exp. bar was in 4 (I cant remember if it was there in WAW). Cant tell, but it looks like there are sections that run all the way across. Wonder if the bar being sectioned means anything. Also, in the body of the video, the bar is yellow, but in that brief section at the end, it's blue....customizable HUD?

I'm noticing A LOT more destruction with the environment. Just look at the copy machine explode into pieces, papers go flying, the glass breaks, and the plant falls down.

hey, some of us old COD Thursday players were thinking about starting up again to warm up for MW2. There are quite a few that still play WaW and venture into COD4 some times. If anyone is interested in playing on thursday night send me a fr or a pm or something.

I'm going to give cod4 one last try with punkbuster and if it don't work I'm going to be pissed and might get it on the 360 then even though I don't want to buy it again and get all the maps. However this is making me want to play it and I really want to get mw2.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']My dreams were realized when I saw you actually FLY THE BOMBER PLANE! That had me so disappointed the first time I called in a chopper.[/QUOTE]

This.

have the amazon 50% off coupon.....trying to decide between the hardend or the regular game.... either $30 or $40..... only thing POSSIBLY worth while would be the original COD download. How much will that be going for on xbl? I think it may be worth getting the hardend for an extra 10

You gotta figure its going to be at least $10 on XBL so if you think you would buy it by itself then you should get the hardened edition and get the metal case and art book too.

why wouldnt you want to maximize the 50% by getting the prestige? you must have traded in $50 worth of games so you pay only like $20 for the prestige and you get $10 in your account when they ship the game.
its understandable why you dont want the nvg or the soap head really. but with the $10 they put into your account for the preorder, its really like $20 or $30 or $65

My wife preordered it for me for our anniversary. Aww... lol

Now hopefully no stores offer up some exclusive in game multi-player item for preording.

yea i heard that its confirmed. There will be vehicles, i heard there's a jeep with a .50 Cal turret attached.,

[quote name='iAlCaPwn']plain and simple i cant wait[/QUOTE]

indeed!! it saddens me to i have to get this for ps3 instead of 360 because my live ran out, hopefully the multi player will be just as good on psn

I was honestly thinking about canceling my pre-order for this and using the money on Left 4 Dead 2 instead which I still might but only if I can find a killer deal on MW2 (ie. TRU $20 gift card/Micro Center $25 coupon/etc).

50 Cent's voice for multiplayer though huh? That is messed up.

"Just walked off stage. Crowd was amazing, went insane chanting "pick it up!" when I stumbled over Dual-wield Deagles. lol - Akimbo confirmed" - FourZeroTwo via Twitter

Dual wielding Deagles in MW2? :whistle2:?

"Akimbo is NOT the perk in the new MP trailer this week.

I was presenting a singleplayer mission at the GameCrazy show this morning on stage and happened to walk over a body that had Akimbo (dual wield side arm), therefore the icon for the weapon popped up on screen and the room went crazy with chants demanding I pick it up and use it.

So I did.

Happened to be dual Deagles. Now to calm some initial fears of "OMG! Overpowered!". Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like EVERYTHING in the game. It's limited to sidearms, harder to aim than standard and you can't go ADS (aim down sights) since you have a weapon in each hand; Among other balancing techniques, so don't freak out before you see it in action.

It's cool."

from http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1017882p1.html

I think I'd only buy one of the 360 controllers if the D-Pad was really good so I could use it in other games. I kind of like the extra mappable buttons on the back too, but those alone will not sell me a 5th 360 controller.

I might take a chance on one of the controllers. I'll definitely need a new controller by then, the one I have now is pretty worn out.

I like how it's wired, since my wired controller has a bad RT (the input, not the button gets stuck sometimes. Not a big deal with FPSs like this, but other games it is)), however the other features aren't too appealing to me. Two extra buttons and grips? Meh, regular controllers do the trick anyways so no need to "upgrade"

Perk's are upgradable...

"We've made extensive additions to the perk system and create a class system as a whole. You can now customize killstreak rewards in addition to your weapon loadout, so your reward for multiple kills without a death can be customized to how you like to play. For example, I forego any 3 Killstreak or 5 killstreak and focus on the bigger payoffs for longer killstreaks.

"This new addition along with the ability to rank up Perks from their base benefit to an upgraded Pro version with additional bonuses allows you to really customize your Classes to your preferred play style per gametype."

bread's done
Back