CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow...NVG...cool but not for me. I'll be getting the Hardened for sure. XBLA CoD...I'm guessing that's just going to be a single player game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']Night Vision Goggles. Are you kidding me? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen packed in with any "edition" for any game ever. Standard edition for me.[/QUOTE]

I agree. NVG's are interesting, crazy, & ridiculous. I'm guessing this edition might be $150 or more. Too much for my blood. I was hoping for some action figures or some type of collectible weapon.

It all depends on price for me.

Did anyone else notice that there is no "Call of Duty" on the Hardened/Prestige editions

Will be getting the Hardened just for CODC and the bad ass box art.

Bet the Night Vision Goggles will break as soon as you use them.

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']It all depends on price for me.

Did anyone else notice that there is no "Call of Duty" on the Hardened/Prestige editions[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that too, but you figure people will see the regular packaging and the COD name and they'll get it. Those of us who already know the game is part of the CODs series are likely getting the LE or Prestige which doesn't really need the COD name. If the Prestige edition is $130, I may consider but right now I'm eying the LE (steelbook).

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Question is if you preorder the "collectors edition" on Amazon for $79.99 right now what will you get?[/QUOTE]

The steelbook/Hardened edition will include the artbook and code for COD Classic (I believe).

Is the CoD Classic only in the Prestige edition or is it also in the Hardened? I'm not sure if I am interpreting the video wrong, but it seemed like the guy was referring to the Prestige when he said "in this" about including CoD on XBLA. I'm a sucker for steelbooks so I want the Collectors/Hardened edition, but $20 more doesn't seem worth it if it is only the steelbook and art book.

I also think it's a cool idea for them to include something huge in a really special edition, but I really would never use NVG. In addition, if they overproduce all the editions (like Halo 3), to meet their estimated 10+ million sales, I can't really see the Prestige edition maintaining its value (like the Legendary edition).

[quote name='@fourzerotwo twitter']@Cleaner7 Yes. The token to download the original Call of Duty on XBLA or PSN will be in the Hardened & Prestige Editions. Hardened is $80
29 minutes ago from web in reply to Cleaner7[/quote]

Answers a couple questions.

SOB. My first reaction to this was SOB. I dont want to spend the money. But I'm a sucker and will buy this no matter the cost. I guess this will be 149.99 or higher. All I have going for me is the ECA code but god only knows if they will work when these go on pre order.

That's pretty badass for the prestige edition. Very tempted to get it, but like everyone, I have no use for it/wait for the price. Still waiting on my 50% coupon from amazon and could possibly use it on this if the price is right.

I bet this will be at least $150. I don't see how they could afford to give you a night vision kit (no matter how shitty) for less than that.

Pretty cool, though its going to cost a bomb.

I'll juset get standard edition and download Call of Duty on arcade seperately.

Going on UK prices i'd say

Standard £40
Collectors £50
Prestige £80

The night vision goggles work pretty well. This gives you a pretty good idea of the quality and price of the goggles:

http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Visi...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1247564386&sr=8-1

Preorders should go up everywhere on Friday today with more specifics.

Since the retail assets are approved for today I can confirm the $149.99 retail price for the Prestige Edition. There's also a nice gameplay peek in the artbook.
It clearly shows a high speed motorcycle section complete with jumping through an explosion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, if they include the Hardened Edition in the Limited Edition, that's gonna confuse some people when they open up their Limited Edition and see their game case labeled Hardened...

@InfinityWard Twitter
A to some of your Q's - Prestige Edition suggested retail is $149 & yes, the COD Classic on XBLA & PSN does have full MP (via @fourzerotwo)

I may still get it...I like random collectors edition goodies no matter how pointless, I still wish I got the Fallout 3 CE

Oh damn...I wasn't expecting the XBLA title to have full MP. Kinda sucks that we'll be getting it on the same day and not a few weeks earlier. Who'd want to play CoD MP when they can play MW2's mp?

$149.99 is not cheap, but for what you get (and considering I do try to get quality LEs/CEs), I'm pretty durn tempted. Amazon 50% off would make this a real possibility. Now to just wait until they actually get a pre-order up...

Will will be able to download Call of Duty for XBLA without getting the prestige edition right? I'm expecting a 1600 or even higher price though.

I'm a fan of Steelbooks so i'm getting the Hardened Edition but does anyone know if they will be giving out COD Classic codes before the game is released? As Linkin said, why would I want to play Classic when I could play MW2?

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm a fan of Steelbooks so i'm getting the Hardened Edition but does anyone know if they will be giving out COD Classic codes before the game is released? As Linkin said, why would I want to play Classic when I could play MW2?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. Robert said pretty clearly that the code would be inside the game box.

Plus, I doubt they would give it away as a pre-order bonus, or else you would get people pre-ordering the game only for the code.

I know how you feel though, I know I will be downloading it immediately but it probably won't get played for quite a while.

[quote name='darthbudge']I highly doubt it. Robert said pretty clearly that the code would be inside the game box.

Plus, I doubt they would give it away as a pre-order bonus, or else you would get people pre-ordering the game only for the code.

I know how you feel though, I know I will be downloading it immediately but it probably won't get played for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

Depending on reviews, I'll probably just throw it up on eBay/my tradelist. If I want to play the original, I'll play it on my PC. I don't foresee the MP on COD Classic lasting for long considering MW2 will be out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh damn...I wasn't expecting the XBLA title to have full MP. Kinda sucks that we'll be getting it on the same day and not a few weeks earlier. Who'd want to play CoD MP when they can play MW2's mp?[/QUOTE]

Could it be that CoD 1 would come out a few weeks later after the MW2 release and you're just supposed to save that code to use until then?

Even if that's so, I still think it's a mistake...most people would play CoD1 in anticipation of MW2, not the other way around, specially when it comes to MP.

Thats one of the nicest LE's I've ever seen.
If I was interested in Night Vision Goggles, I'd be going crazy over the Limited Edition.
I'll probably get the steel book though.

How "limited" is the prestige? I placed a pre-order now just in case I don't get my 50% coupon in a timely manner. I can always cancel and re-order if it's available when my coupon code does come in...

i just pre ordered the hardened edition on amazon with guranteed street date delivery for $85. $150 for the same edition plus NVG just doesnt seem worth it to me plus i really have no room for a fake head statue with NVG lol seems kind of cool though.

[quote name='lordopus99']Anyone know how much CoD1 will be seperately on xbox live marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Most likely either $10 or $15 (800/1200 MS Points.)

I know I'll be throwing my code up on eBay/TL as soon as I get it. The more I think about it, the more I know I won't play it.

[quote name='Fourzerotwo Twitter']In a design meeting for a #MW2 controller. Need your advice - Concave or Convex grips for the Analog sticks? Whats your preference and why?[/quote]

Another way for them to get our money.

cant wait for MW2 i was pretty good in the first one, and if there isnt a reward for doing the headshot challenges i am gonna freak!!!!!! Having a gold ak-47 is pretty sweet.

sent in my games from last week today, 50%coupon from amazon. Hopefully Ill get by next week. Not sure which version to get. May just get the hard case one with cod download, no need for nvgs.

Just got this email, found it amusing. I guess amazon likes to sell stuff.

capturepux.png

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Just got this email, found it amusing. I guess amazon likes to sell stuff.[/QUOTE]

They do that for a lot of games (not to mention other stuff). In the past week they've sent me emails on CoD:MW2, Wolfenstein, Batman and Toy Story Mania. They even kind enough to remind me that Science Papa was coming out this week.

Anyone know of deals for the Hardened Edition? I was tempted to get it at Amazon but tax brings the total up to $85.xx and that's with FSSS (5-9 days), so it's really not worth it.

bread's done
Back