CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

The Crossed Knives is a NEw Perk I think submitted by the Community at large, where If you Both Have This Knife Perk instead of Just a Knife kill, you go into a Knife Struggle, kinda like Gears of war and the Chainsaw Duels.

Or it trigger a real time action sequence like Resident Evil5 where you have to knife and dodge or parry attacks and defensive moves by pressing A B at the the right time

There will also be a HOARD mode like World at Wars ZOMBIES but with Tons of AI soldier comming at you and vehicles very fun like an Arcade shooter.

Just calling it Modern Warfare sounds like a good move. The first one was seemingly perfect but the only nitpick I found was that you had no body. You were basically just a floating camera, having no feet when you looked down.
That's just a nitpick though, enjoyed the hell out of the first one like the masses but regrettably never got into the multiplayer.

I think removing Call of Duty name is a bad move in terms of brand recognition. Granted since the name Modern Warfare is still there, 90% of the people will know what the game is. The other 10% will be like "Huh? Modern Warfare 2? Oh, Call of Duty. Kewl.".

Needless to say I'm pre-ordering this and I'm skipping World at War probably till It's $10 like GRAW 2 just was :p I can wait.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Just calling it Modern Warfare sounds like a good move. The first one was seemingly perfect but the only nitpick I found was that you had no body. You were basically just a floating camera, having no feet when you looked down.
That's just a nitpick though, enjoyed the hell out of the first one like the masses but regrettably never got into the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right. I've played the Mirror's Edge demo, and I think every first-person game should emulate it's movement, camera and sense of speed.

Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return

Well we know thats a LIE, the community would not stand for it.

Its like Halo with out a Battle Riffle

I could live without the Skorpian, M21, or R700 if left as they are. The R700 has too much of a wait period when holding your breath compared to the others, the M21 becomes god-like if you use an ACOG, and the Skorpian is a hit and miss for me, sometimes it seems fine with any attachment, other times it feels like it does nothing at all.

I love my G3, just went 25-4 on Crossfire with it beating MP5's up close, I went 41-9 on Wetwork earlier with my G36C, and the P90 just can't go away, even if I don't personally care for it.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I could live without the Skorpian, M21, or R700 if left as they are. The R700 has too much of a wait period when holding your breath compared to the others, the M21 becomes god-like if you use an ACOG, and the Skorpian is a hit and miss for me, sometimes it seems fine with any attachment, other times it feels like it does nothing at all.

I love my G3, just went 25-4 on Crossfire with it beating MP5's up close, I went 41-9 on Wetwork earlier with my G36C, and the P90 just can't go away, even if I don't personally care for it.[/quote]

Yeah, I the G3 was pretty broken, IMO. Excellent in close range (fire it like a pistol from the hip with steady aim), better than the M16 at long range, and every bullet lands where you point it too. The G36C is a much more accurate M4 and hits a harder than the AK47, imo, and the P90 is a insane in PC multi.

Can't wait for MW2. I've actually got $65 in my cookie jar just for this little gem.

I agree the M16 is better than the G3, I just enjoy using the G3 because it provides a challenge. I don't hip fire the G3 and I have become extremely quick with my trigger finger from practicing, so I can beat most people with it now.

By the way, G36C bullets do more than AK-47 bullets? I don't think so, the G36C is probably the weakest of any of the assaults, it just makes up for it in accuracy for being a fully auto. The M4 has plenty of power, but has that sway that messes up shots at a range, and as for the P90, I don't really care about it as I said, but it is just too big of a weapon for them to allow to disappear.

I'm cautiously excited for this game. I'm just hoping I will enjoy it. I quickly grew tired of World at War. The spawn points being horrible and the addition of vehicles- while promising in theory- really hurt the game. I put hundreds of hours into COD4 online in 8 months or so, but only have around 27 hours at last count in 4 months of World at War. Hell, I haven't even played the game since *checks Xbox.com* 2 months ago. Basically, I'm hoping that I just don't enjoy World at War and that I didn't get tired of the COD gameplay overall.

So with IW focusing all its efforts on making Modern Warfare its own franchise I wonder how IW games will turn out.

Lets not kid ourselves the only reason WaW has done well is because of Modern Warfare. Most of the game is cloned right from MW and IW just rode the coat tails of MW to the last detail.

If IW decides that they are a completely separate franchise and refuses to gift Treyarch the plans to success..what will Treyarch do?

I think it goes without saying that the majority of people are sick of the WWII setting and most only got this beacuse it was cloned from MW and it was the newest thing out but do you think people will start skipping the Treyarch games (assuming they continue to alternate years) and stick with MW games?

If it plays out that IW no longer works with Treyarch I will be on the MW side of things. Especially if they have a decent amount of DLC to last the 2 years until a new one comes out. Treyarch proved to me they have no vision, for not only going back to WWII but not improving on a single thing that MW did. They took a game that was built for them and in some reguards took a step backwards. Treyarch is dead weight and good for IW for getting away from them.

At the end of the audio presentation (in the MW2 website), I noticed that the last voice was speaking in Russian. Seems like a nice hint for a setting...

BTW: The voice said something about a "bad situation that I can't stand". I know, my Russian isn't perfect.

[quote name='ananag112']Doesn't the down arrow look like the DDR down arrow logo?

Maybe with that perk you enter into a dance off with your opponent?[/quote]

haha nice one :]

That stupid list has been floating around since the relase of COD: WaW last year, I doubt they were in the BETA testing stage by then. I think some guy just decided to be a smart ass, I highly doubt there will be any velcies in MW2, none of the other IW games have had them.

[quote name='Nebenator']At the end of the audio presentation (in the MW2 website), I noticed that the last voice was speaking in Russian. Seems like a nice hint for a setting...

BTW: The voice said something about a "bad situation that I can't stand". I know, my Russian isn't perfect.[/quote]

thres also the fact that when they are in the elevator the guy flat out says. "Remember, they're Russian". I find it intresting that if the vauge hints from the trailer are anything to go by that the russians go from being allies to the enimies. Although I remember durring the COD:4 story line when they are first mentioned they say these are the "friendly russians" I cant wait for this game, they replaced the trailer at www.modernwarfare2.com with some info about the game, and apprently it will be a sequel to MW, so hopefully it continues along the same story line.

[quote name='kurokubushi']thres also the fact that when they are in the elevator the guy flat out says. "Remember, they're Russian". I find it intresting that if the vauge hints from the trailer are anything to go by that the russians go from being allies to the enimies. Although I remember durring the COD:4 story line when they are first mentioned they say these are the "friendly russians" I cant wait for this game, they replaced the trailer at www.modernwarfare2.com with some info about the game, and apprently it will be a sequel to MW, so hopefully it continues along the same story line.[/quote]

I think that was a given...

[quote name='kurokubushi']...so hopefully it continues along the same story line.[/QUOTE]

One can only hope. ;) (You weren't serious were you?) 愚かな馬鹿。

Well by along the same story I meant have some of the old characters return. Such as soap, and Price(we don't know if he actually died, or if they were able to recesitate him.)

Also I don't see how it was a given that it would follow the same story line...The title Modern Warefare 2 just indicates that it also will be set in the Modern setting, it in no way indicates if it will a follow-up to the events of COD:4, or if it will be an entirly seprate game.

lol, I caught my own play on words. My view still stands though, because the video game industry uses the term Sequel rather losely, and can release a game that they call a "sequal" that only has vauge hints to plot points, or to characters in prior series. For exampple, If you play as SAS in this installment, I expect Soap to be your CO, and you an a new character.

I don't know about the snowmobile action sequence. In fact I am not going to buy it day one now. I'll wait till day two just to show them how I feel about vehicles in my COD.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']I don't know about the snowmobile action sequence. In fact I am not going to buy it day one now. I'll wait till day two just to show them how I feel about vehicles in my COD.[/quote]

It doesnt mean it is in multiplayer. Maybe they are just a part of the single player.

Bringing back the gunship is a wise move. That was a fun part of COD4. That Best Buy deal makes this almost too good of a deal not to get.

I was joking, definitely going to be waiting in line to buy this at midnight whether there are vehicles in mp or not. If they were going to add vehicles into the mp, I seriously doubt it would be snowmobiles.

Also, I love the avatar dimeadz.

i will get this...veteran has always been a challenge
a mile high was a b*tch...so was WaW (towards the end)

it would be nice if they do 4 people campaign...the more the merrier

Unless MW2 is fixed so that players can't quit out without penalty, I'll be passing. I got rid of COD4 because of cheater/glitchers and because I was tired of entering rooms only to be in there with one other person against a full team. Waste of my time, so I invested it elsewhere.

He said if they added a penalty.

I can't pass up on MW2 even if I don't think the multiplayer is the best. Had a lot of fun with COD4s single player.

[quote name='SynGamer']Unless MW2 is fixed so that players can't quit out without penalty, I'll be passing. I got rid of COD4 because of cheater/glitchers and because I was tired of entering rooms only to be in there with one other person against a full team. Waste of my time, so I invested it elsewhere.[/quote]

Wow. Nitpick much?

Damn it... I don't want to get sucked back into this. Single player in the first one was ok so this looks just as ok. Might get it.

[quote name='willardhaven']When you leave a room in 4 you take a loss and lose your kills, isn't that a penalty?[/quote]

You don't lose XP so how is it a loss? You cant lose rank either. You are pretty damn picky about a bunch of nothing.

[quote name='SynGamer']Unless MW2 is fixed so that players can't quit out without penalty, I'll be passing. I got rid of COD4 because of cheater/glitchers and because I was tired of entering rooms only to be in there with one other person against a full team. Waste of my time, so I invested it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

You have lost your mind if you think there is no penalty for quitting. Anytime the host quits, the whole room gets a loss and if one player quits that person gets a loss themselves. There are barely any "cheaters/glitchers" on CoD 4, there was that little bit of time with the god mode, no clipping, etc. crap going on, but that was patched fairly quickly. As for other glitches, they don't really matter too much since they usually don't help your team at all.

Now I will say that there should be a set score where nobody should be able to join after it hits that mark. I hate coming into a room losing 700-400 and being pinned in my spawn to take a loss 5 team deaths later.

@Malik: You still take a loss on the leaderboards as well as losing the kills you earned. Honestly there shouldn't be anymore penalty than that really since things do come up for people to where they can't stay (whole groups are a different matter, but it still applies).

bread's done
Back