Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

• Please log in to reply
2612 replies to this topic

#2251 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I just joined too, I've never dealt with a trade site before so hopefully that FAQ gets up soon!
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#2252 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I joined your site - I really like the basic, clean look, but adding and requesting games is still a little clunky.

Anyway it looks like a nice site and will be even better when matching goes live.

It's going to be interesting to watch how the trading site wars go down, I'm thinking that the hourglass is running out on Goozex when there are two competing trading sites that have active, motivated, and professional mods and none of the inflation problems that Goozex has accrued.

Thanks. I completely agree on the clunkiness of managing your offers/requests. Something that will be near the top of my list once trading is live and everything is flowing smoothly. Also going to be adding quite a bit on the forum and profile sides.

#2253 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

looking at the site see games vaules seems off

puzzler world 3ds 500 credits
Street Fighter X Tekken vita 500 credits

pretty sure that first game is a 20 buck game while the other is 40

Although retail price and age of games are taken into consideration, the prices are only preliminary at this point. When all is running smoothly, what you buy a game for at retail won't have nearly as much effect as supply and demand. If people are willing to put up 1000 credits for a game that costs $10, I believe the system should let them. The strict control against inflation/deflation should keep everything in check. Prices also won't change too quickly, as someone who requests a game at 300 points shouldn't suddenly be matched and paying 800 next week. Prices will only go up/down by smaller increments.

As with everything else about the site, I am fully willing to change things as the site evolves and more data comes in. All in interest of improving the experience, as I believe that is the best way to sustain it.

#2254 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I have over 150 things in queue on Goozex and haven't received anything in months. I am done. Even though I have about 4000 points left....

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#2255 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

same, too many pts on goozex, I'm done, I have over 5 pages of active requests, nothing as moved recently

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2256 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Besides the title, the time when you request a game is a big factor. For example, I was #19 in line for Lego Batman (PSP) back in February. Now I am #2. In fact, I am first in line for 20 items and second for another 20 items.

I don't check Goozex all the time, but it's a great feeling when I get an email out of the blue from Goozex for a game I didn't expect to get matched on (The Third Birthday being the latest one).

I wonder when the site will add Wii U titles. I never owned a Wii so when I get a Wii U, I will be requesting Wii titles left and right.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2257 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

If they haven't added Wii U titles by now (generally, they'd be in the future release section), then I doubt they ever will. There is a thread about it here.

I had to break down and buy 5 games during Black Friday, because I knew I'd never get them from Goozex.:cry:

Trades were down to 657 today. The lowest I've ever seen.

#2258 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

I have 250 points and one token. I have 8 match chances to get Metroid Prime: Hunters -- First Hunt (Demo) DS. If I get a match, I'm zero and zero.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#2259 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Wow. 2 matches in the last 2 days! Henry Hatsworth :ds: and EDF: IA :360:. No trade tokens left, but still have 4550 points.

#2260 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Goozex has no value anymore. I had around 40 games in my que a year ago. Currently, I have 17. I have managed to pick up all of the games that were in my que for $4.50 - $15. I traded in games to retailers for trade in credit as opposed to trading on Goozex. If you are patient, you can take advantage of trade in specials at different retailers to maximize your purchasing power. Why would I trade a title for 1000 points on Goozex when I could trade it in to a retailer for a $40 credit 6 months or longer after the release date? I can then use that credit to get 4-6 games that trade for 500 - 1000 points on Goozex. It doesn't make sense for any of us to support that site anymore. We are just hurting ourselves by doing so. We are all on CAG to save $. The best way for us to do so is by avoiding Goozex in the future. If I ever move my 1800 points & 2 trade tokens, I will never visit the site again.

A sample of the games I traded in to BBY & Gamestop:

Halo Reach $27
L4D2 $27
MW3 $42
NCAA 13 $42
Skyrim $33.60
MK Vita $27.40
Fifa 12 $31.50

Games I purchased from BBY or GS w/ trade in credit:
Infamous Collection $15
Nier $10
NFS The Run $5
ME3 $10
Darksiders $4.50
Shadows of the Damned $10
BF3 $10
RDR GOTY $15
SSX $10
KOA Reckoning $10
AC Revelations $10
Roco Loco 2 $1.99
Patapon 2 $1.99
MG PW $7.50
Journey CE $15
DI GOTY $10
Army of Two $5
Fear 3 $5
Dirt 3 CE $10
EDF IA $7
SWFU II $5
Driver SF $7.50
Batman AC CE $20

I have traded other games & purchased many more.

Trade List Games & DLC

#2261 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I think Goozex is better for games on older consoles anyway which is why I joined it in the first place three years ago. Goozex is especially helpful when I have a damaged disc from my [ever-growing] backlog that needs to be replaced and I can select "disc only" and get matched instantly (this has happened a few times with games and DVDs).

Even though trades are down to 615, they still list traded games that are for active consoles. Position in line is definitely key. I think the last PS3 title I received was Black Ops a year ago; meanwhile I'm #1 in line for Medal of Honor.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2262 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Wow. 2 matches in the last 2 days! Henry Hatsworth :ds: and EDF: IA :360:. No trade tokens left, but still have 4550 points.

Yea, I activated pretty much everything I had on hold and got a match this weekend too. Will be down to 1500 points and 2 tokens if I actually receive the game.

EDIT: just saw the last time the user sent out or received an item was over 2 years ago so who knows if they will even send the game...

Edited by GLOCKGLOCK, 03 December 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Hail to Pitt!

#2263 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Received a DS game yesterday. I requested "full package" and received only the game. I suppose that calls for a neutral.

#2264 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks. I completely agree on the clunkiness of managing your offers/requests. Something that will be near the top of my list once trading is live and everything is flowing smoothly. Also going to be adding quite a bit on the forum and profile sides.

I'm done with Goozex and I've gone all-in on VGFive. Got my first request today, once I have the points I'm hoping some of my requests come through.

Thanks for making a site where member input matters!

#2265 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I should try VG5 sometime. I signed up for 99gamers but having actually tried using it...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#2266 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

So I received WWE RAW for Xbox. It looks good and the disc works, but there is one problem:

It arrived postage due.

The total was $1.11 and it's the first time I ever received something in the mail where I had to pay extra to receive it. I sent in a neutral mentioning the postage and now the status of the trade is "pending". I'm curious to see what happens next.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2267 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm done with Goozex and I've gone all-in on VGFive. Got my first request today, once I have the points I'm hoping some of my requests come through.

Thanks for making a site where member input matters!

i had 3 games ready to go out but i moved that back to 1... did not make the cutoff where they gave everyone 2000 free points

before trades went live was like

8 3ds games and 10 vita games

now only 3 ds games and 3 vita games

I highly doubt i will send anything else out just like i thought people just used those 2000 free points to grab up the games and not listing anything in return .
WOOOO I STINK

#2268 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

i had 3 games ready to go out but i moved that back to 1... did not make the cutoff where they gave everyone 2000 free points

before trades went live was like

8 3ds games and 10 vita games

now only 3 ds games and 3 vita games

I highly doubt i will send anything else out just like i thought people just used those 2000 free points to grab up the games and not listing anything in return .

Oh well, there will always be people like that. I didn't get the 2K points either but I am trying to rack up some points so I can fuel my request queues, and I just put up a slew of PS3 titles and I don't even have bites on half of them.

I have a good feeling about this new site, the owner seems hands-on and motivated.

#2269 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

I should try VG5 sometime. I signed up for 99gamers but having actually tried using it...

I got uneasy about 99Gamers for some reason, maybe because it the interface is a little too slick but also a little too corporate, like goozex.

I like VG5 because it has that honest homegrown feel. Like as in - the owner seems to care more about making a great trading site then just making a quick buck.

Just my completely subjective two cents.

#2270 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm also going to transition most, if not all of my trading from goozex to VGFive.

I've been a goozex trader for almost 5 years and have over 1000 combined trades so I definitely got my money's worth out of the website.

However with new management under goozex and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any changes in the near future (hasn't been any change for the past 1-2 years) makes this decision a lot easier.

With VGFive trading underway as of Friday, I've already been matched for 4 games to be sent to me and a 5th pending trade. Granted, I did sign up with the site early and got good positions on multiple games, but it is nice to have a game trading website that is actually working as advertised. I will be sure to return the favor and send games out when I am matched with other users.

The thing I love most about VGFive is how community friendly the owner is (he was a goozex trader himself). There are forums which the site owner responds to questions and takes feedback. I think open communication with your trading community is one of the most important things in a trading website.

For example, one huge thing VGFive offers over goozex is that fact that you can list games as disk + case if you don't have the manual. With goozex you were forced to list anything without the manual as "disk only". It's something that was requested by the community for years on goozex with no response back. On VGFive the option was implemented on day 1.

Also: Goozex trade tokens cost $2 for new users. VGFive has trade tokens priced at $1 (less than that if you buy bigger bundles).

Really glad to see I have a website that could potentially be goozex 2.0. A couple years back goozex + CAG was the best combo for videogame deals out there.

Edited by antlp89, 09 December 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#2271 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm also going to transition most, if not all of my trading from goozex to VGFive.

I've been a goozex trader for almost 5 years and have over 1000 combined trades so I definitely got my money's worth out of the website.

However with new management under goozex and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any changes in the near future (hasn't been any change for the past 1-2 years) makes this decision a lot easier.

With VGFive trading underway as of Friday, I've already been matched for 4 games to be sent to me and a 5th pending trade. Granted, I did sign up with the site early and got good positions on multiple games, but it is nice to have a game trading website that is actually working as advertised. I will be sure to return the favor and send games out when I am matched with other users.

The thing I love most about VGFive is how community friendly the owner is (he was a goozex trader himself). There are forums which the site owner responds to questions and takes feedback. I think open communication with your trading community is one of the most important things in a trading website.

For example, one huge thing VGFive offers over goozex is that fact that you can list games as disk + case if you don't have the manual. With goozex you were forced to list anything without the manual as "disk only". It's something that was requested by the community for years on goozex with no response back. On VGFive the option was implemented on day 1.

Also: Goozex trade tokens cost $2 for new users. VGFive has trade tokens priced at $1 (less than that if you buy bigger bundles).

Really glad to see I have a website that could potentially be goozex 2.0. A couple years back goozex + CAG was the best combo for videogame deals out there.

I agree, it's almost fun to be part of an active trading community. After Xmas, I have a feeling I'm going to be elbows deep in titles I got on the cheap.

#2272 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Just joined vgfive. Pretty cool so far. I think the owner should sell points right now though. There is no points in the system. No points means I cant sell my stuff. stuff not moving is goozex. lol. Maybe only allow each account to buy 500-1000 points
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#2273 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Just joined vgfive. Pretty cool so far. I think the owner should sell points right now though. There is no points in the system. No points means I cant sell my stuff. stuff not moving is goozex. lol. Maybe only allow each account to buy 500-1000 points

He gave away some points on black Friday but he stated that doesn't want to sell points regularly, I'm assuming it's to avoid point inflation/point bloat.

FWIW I put in 7 game offers and already got matched for 3, if you're just putting up older titles then I wouldn't expect those to move as fast...

#2274 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Joined VGFive as well, but really worried to get to invested in it only to lose a bunch of points, just like Goozex.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#2275 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Joined VGFive as well, but really worried to get to invested in it only to lose a bunch of points, just like Goozex.

I don't think it's going anywhere - the owner seems on top of it and the site is pretty nice - that's alot of effort to goto so I don't think he's going to let it flop anytime soon. You can see for yourself that there are many titles available - heck I still have games up for offer that haven't been snatched so I think now is a great time to start trading on the site.

#2276 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Do we have a VGFive thread on CAG yet? I feel like we should have one, and move all the comments about that site from this thread. Just to clean it up.

#2277 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Someone start a vgfive and a 99gamers thread....

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#2278 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'll whip one up in a few minutes.

EDIT: Done: http://www.cheapassg....php?p=10264459

Edited by taintedzodiac, 10 December 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#2279 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

vgfive and 99gamers the only options? They both look iffy to me. Anything that's been around for awhile? Only reason I trusted Goozex is because they had a sign up bonus so I was able to test it for free. If I have to pay without testing, I'd rather it be a site that has some experience.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#2280 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

I've created an official 99Gamers thread here.