Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

I've been cleaning up on some old 100 point 360 games. I've picked up Guitar Hero II, Crackdown, GRAW, and the Simpson's Game. I also just got matched for GRAW2. Gotta love super cheap games from Goozex.

I am getting tired of all the deadbeats on Goozex. In the last week, I have had three people claim to have "forgot to ship the game." One guy proceeded to ship me a defective disc after that. I am sorry, but if it takes almost two weeks for you to get a game to the post office, you have absolutely no business trading games on Goozex. The sad thing is that you can't even leave feedback to reflect their poor shipping, because if they dispute it, it will get overturned without question.

I also sent out Tales of Vesperia a few weeks ago, and the buyer said it was defective. That was fine, but Goozex wanted the game mailed to them for "inspection." I asked for my game back, and Goozex told me they would have to take a few of my trade credits to cover the cost of return shipping. I told them it was fine and to do so. Its been two weeks, and now Goozex is ignoring my emails and has proceeded to keep my game.

[quote name='xdl']I am getting tired of all the deadbeats on Goozex. In the last week, I have had three people claim to have "forgot to ship the game." One guy proceeded to ship me a defective disc after that. I am sorry, but if it takes almost two weeks for you to get a game to the post office, you have absolutely no business trading games on Goozex. The sad thing is that you can't even leave feedback to reflect their poor shipping, because if they dispute it, it will get overturned without question.

I also sent out Tales of Vesperia a few weeks ago, and the buyer said it was defective. That was fine, but Goozex wanted the game mailed to them for "inspection." I asked for my game back, and Goozex told me they would have to take a few of my trade credits to cover the cost of return shipping. I told them it was fine and to do so. Its been two weeks, and now Goozex is ignoring my emails and has proceeded to keep my game.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is a bad experience.:cold: I would have bitched about them having to use your trade credits, though. That doesn't seem right. If they offered to mediate between you and the buyer, that's one thing. To burden you with the cost of return shipping is pretty lame.

Goozex is just too easy to grief from... and there isn't a punishment fit to stop this from happening.

They system will actively screw you out of trades automatically... and it's not the system's fault, it's the users themselves.

[quote name='xdl']I am getting tired of all the deadbeats on Goozex. In the last week, I have had three people claim to have "forgot to ship the game." One guy proceeded to ship me a defective disc after that. I am sorry, but if it takes almost two weeks for you to get a game to the post office, you have absolutely no business trading games on Goozex. The sad thing is that you can't even leave feedback to reflect their poor shipping, because if they dispute it, it will get overturned without question.[/QUOTE]

:oops: I'm actually guilty of this right now. I was supposed to send a game out last week or so and completely forgot about it. I apologized to the user for the delay , upped the shipping to priority to get it to them quicker , and threw in a little bonus along with the game to try and compensate for my mistake.

[quote name='shieryda']Wow. That is a bad experience.:cold: I would have bitched about them having to use your trade credits, though. That doesn't seem right. If they offered to mediate between you and the buyer, that's one thing. To burden you with the cost of return shipping is pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

I have sent them 4 emails, including one tonight, expressing my disgust with not only the way they handled my dispute, but their lack of formality regarding disputes. Each time, I also asked for the status on my game, and of course, I have received no response.

As a Goozex user, you have no recourse for absolutely anything that happens on their site. The people that run this site don't care much about anything, as long as the trades are being processed. It is not a large company. They have no customer service to complain to, they have no corporate establishment. And even if I were to file some kind of complaint with something like the BBB, or try to cause a scene on the internet with a blog, its well more than likely to fall on deaf ears. If you ever read their Terms of Service, you will realize you are entitled to absolutely nothing by using their site. They can go about doing whatever they want, for whatever reason they want.

What is with the buyers giving only +5 feedback (instead of +10) and not leaving a reason why ?

I tested the game before shipping and it plays perfectly, and I shipped out the full package as requested. The only thing I can think of is that I reused a bubble mailer, but that shouldn't affect the rating in any way, as long as the game works.

[quote name='xdl']I am getting tired of all the deadbeats on Goozex. In the last week, I have had three people claim to have "forgot to ship the game." One guy proceeded to ship me a defective disc after that. I am sorry, but if it takes almost two weeks for you to get a game to the post office, you have absolutely no business trading games on Goozex. The sad thing is that you can't even leave feedback to reflect their poor shipping, because if they dispute it, it will get overturned without question.[/quote]

Well duh. That's feedback abuse. As long as they send you the game within the open trade time window you have to leave a positive. At most you could possibly leave a neutral, but even then that's pushing it.

I also sent out Tales of Vesperia a few weeks ago, and the buyer said it was defective. That was fine, but Goozex wanted the game mailed to them for "inspection." I asked for my game back, and Goozex told me they would have to take a few of my trade credits to cover the cost of return shipping. I told them it was fine and to do so. Its been two weeks, and now Goozex is ignoring my emails and has proceeded to keep my game.

If you tried both [email protected] and [email protected], make a post about it in the forums. Explain your situation clearly and precise and one of the mods will direct it to the G-Team.

[quote name='shieryda']Wow. That is a bad experience.:cold: I would have bitched about them having to use your trade credits, though. That doesn't seem right. If they offered to mediate between you and the buyer, that's one thing. To burden you with the cost of return shipping is pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

But it also works in your favor. If you have to send a game to Goozex, they reimburse you with credits.

It's really not that big of a deal, especially if you want your game back bad enough.

[quote name='zandyne']Question about the queue:

If you want a game but do not have enough points, should you still add it to your queue?

The same for games you are offering: if you want to trade something away and are not ready yet, put it to into your queue and in "on hold" status immediately. When you are ready to trade it, remove your "on hold" status. Is this correct?

The reason I ask this is because I've heard it retains your queue position even when you have games on hold.[/QUOTE]

I would put the games you are interested in into your requests and your offers and use the 'hold' option liberally. I have way more games in my hold queue for request than I will ever have points. But I'm not sure which DS games I'm actually going to try to get. I'm just moving up in position and then I'll decide which ones to activate. Same goes for requests. You'll keep moving up in position and you can delete it at any time with no penalty.

Most of us use the hold option very liberally. I've got near my limit of 100 games on hold. Most of them are hitting the price points that I would bite at so my 3300 points should be gone pretty quickly.

Most of the stuff I request is hard to find, so I don't bother putting it on hold. This has burned me a couple of times by matching me for games I should have held off on.

[quote name='zandyne']What is with the buyers giving only +5 feedback (instead of +10) and not leaving a reason why ?

I tested the game before shipping and it plays perfectly, and I shipped out the full package as requested. The only thing I can think of is that I reused a bubble mailer, but that shouldn't affect the rating in any way, as long as the game works.[/QUOTE]

Usually the only time I leave +5 instead of +10 is if the game , case , or manual is kinda beat up. I don't mention that as the reason , because I assume the user is aware of that. Granted I've gotten +5's before and wondered why , but at this point I have enough rep that it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I wish I had got "tipped" feedback. Someone requested an American Idol Encore 2 from me and I had it listed as disc and manual only. I actually shipped shipped out a factory sealed copy from a mic bundle. I'd say that's exceeding expectations, but meh. The first +10 you hit gives you a third trade slot, which will really help right now since I have a few games very close to being matched up.

EDIT: For cheap game hunters, I put up Mystery Dungeon for the DS. 200 points, which isn't bad if you have an influx of points and don't want to drop the 9.XX (after this week's coupon) at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's $1500 in fake money, slide. You gotta find games to get back for all that. I'd hate for something to happen to Goozex and you be out all that. Hell, you could have a thread here on CAG where you sell games under what the Goozex value is and you could pull in (at least) a couple hundred in cash.

[quote name='slidecage']I need to stop sending stuff out.... Im up to

almost

30,000 POINTS

OUCH[/QUOTE]

That's about twice as many as me. I have several games on hold, just not ready to start activating them. Plus, I'm trying to play through some in my backlog first.

[quote name='depascal22']That's $1500 in fake money, slide. You gotta find games to get back for all that. I'd hate for something to happen to Goozex and you be out all that. Hell, you could have a thread here on CAG where you sell games under what the Goozex value is and you could pull in (at least) a couple hundred in cash.[/QUOTE]

funny thing is im probally up a few 100 bucks even with 30k points

give example of last trades

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Ds got it free off TRU got 600 pts
Touch Mechanic DS 450 pts Only paid 9 bucks for it off gamestop
Ninjatown ds 550 pts paid 7.50 at TRU
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories PS2 600 pts Paid 12.50 for it at gamecrazy

So 29.00 Out of pocket ended up with 2200 pts

will take those 2200 pts and pick up around 22 ---100 pt games

Sell those games for at least 5 bucks each on ebay...

SO OUT OF POCKET

29.00 for games 22 bucks for Credits 51.00 total out of pocket

Sell 22 games for 5 each ==== 110 cash

profit of 59 bucks... Just repeat repeat repeat and you will have 30k Pts in no time

thats alot of work and time waiting for games to show up for $59 bucks...and what about your ebay/paypal fees

i just starting trading on there and have 5700 points currently...i couldnt imagine ever needing more then that at one time...maybe when my limits get higher i may feel different

I am still waiting for Goozex to resolve a problem I had with Hellgate London PC that I received in Jan. 2009. Very frustrating. I know the owners, but they don't like me now because I called them out on a dispute. Guess I am being ignored.

Can any of you tell me how to refund points?

I sent out the game and when the guy received, he said it had scratches on it and it wouldn't work... he didn't even bother trying to see if it works, he just said it won't work because it has a scratch (it does have a lot of light scratches on it but I played through the whole game just fine). The overall package was in good shape but it sounds like he's expecting a mint condition game...

He asked if he could send the game back and I said fine. Is there any way to refund his points and have him sent back in queue so that when I re-list it, it doesn't end up going back to him?

[quote name='Vinny']Can any of you tell me how to refund points?

I sent out the game and when the guy received, he said it had scratches on it and it wouldn't work... he didn't even bother trying to see if it works, he just said it won't work because it has a scratch (it does have a lot of light scratches on it but I played through the whole game just fine). The overall package was in good shape but it sounds like he's expecting a mint condition game...

He asked if he could send the game back and I said fine. Is there any way to refund his points and have him sent back in queue so that when I re-list it, it doesn't end up going back to him?[/QUOTE]

they would hve to leave you NEG feedback and then hope they send the game back... goozex sometimes makes the buyer send it to them to get the pts back

it be nice if goozex went back to the normal updates (every 8 days) now it seems their updates are just random

I thought you could cancel a trade on either side. That seem like the best way without dealing with a Negative.

As for updates, they're not random. They're doing them every seven days now. Not sure if they'll stop once it reaches Sunday next week. Drops this week were a lot fewer.

Point changes for June 28:

(The) Wheelman Xbox 360 -50 800
Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 +50 200
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Xbox 360 -50 850
Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 +50 400
Just Cause Xbox 360 +50 150
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 -50 900
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Playstation 3 -50 450
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 -50 550
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Playstation 3 -50 500
Resistance 2 Playstation 3 -50 850
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 -50 350
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Playstation 3 -50 800
WWE Legends of WrestleMania Xbox 360 -50 800

[quote name='Vinny']Can any of you tell me how to refund points?

He asked if he could send the game back and I said fine. Is there any way to refund his points and have him sent back in queue so that when I re-list it, it doesn't end up going back to him?[/QUOTE]

The only options really are to have him send the game back to you , then agree to cancel the trade. Doing this though will I believe make him lose his spot in line (I'm not completely sure though). The other option is for him to leave negative feedback and send the game in to goozex for inspection. Assuming the game really doesn't work , he will get his points back. If the game does work (i.e he's either dumb or trying to work you) then the game will be sent back to him and you'll be fine.

If the game doesn't work as he claims , him leaving negative feedback for it not working would be standard procedure. Him asking about sending it back sounds like , as you mentioned , him just wanting a mint condition game. Your call about taking it back and canceling the trade though. If the game works fine as you say , he's really got no legs to stand on if he drops a neg on you.

[quote name='StarKnightX']The only options really are to have him send the game back to you , then agree to cancel the trade. Doing this though will I believe make him lose his spot in line (I'm not completely sure though). The other option is for him to leave negative feedback and send the game in to goozex for inspection. Assuming the game really doesn't work , he will get his points back. If the game does work (i.e he's either dumb or trying to work you) then the game will be sent back to him and you'll be fine.

If the game doesn't work as he claims , him leaving negative feedback for it not working would be standard procedure. Him asking about sending it back sounds like , as you mentioned , him just wanting a mint condition game. Your call about taking it back and canceling the trade though. If the game works fine as you say , he's really got no legs to stand on if he drops a neg on you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That answered all of my questions... never realized it could be this complicated.

BioShock Xbox 360 +50 400
Crackdown Xbox 360 +50 300
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Xbox 360 -50 850
Fable II Xbox 360 -50 600
Gears of War Xbox 360 +50 200
Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 -50 650
Guitar Hero World Tour Xbox 360 -50 700
LEGO Batman: The Videogame Xbox 360 +50 400
Lost Odyssey Xbox 360 +50 350
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 -50 150
Major League Baseball 2K9 Xbox 360 -50 750
Mirror's Edge Xbox 360 -50 450
NBA 2K9 Xbox 360 -50 700
Saints Row Xbox 360 +50 150
Saints Row 2 Xbox 360 -50 750
Too Human Xbox 360 +50 300

How fast do new games drop in point value? I was going to buy some games at work(blockbuster) to trade for fight night at GS to trade on goozex. The three games might net me 100-200 more points total if I could trade them, but of course be a LOT harder to get rid of(web of shadows, gta iv). It'd be cool if I could actually play it for a little bit before I sell it. Not really interested in the game, but I mean..I'm going to have it anyway, why not.

GTA IV might be a tough one. There have been 807 trades in a little over a year and 22 trades going on at the moment.

That being said, there are zero active requests for the game at the moment. Basically, it means that there's way more supply than demand. It might hit 200 points before you can unload it.

Spider Man's the same way. 3 trades going on at the moment but zero active requests and 13 active offers.

Both of those examples are for the 360 version.

Yeah, I put in a request for Spider-Man 360 for 100 points and got matched up immediately. In retrospect, I should have tried Blockbuster again, but I recall not finding the game during the last B1G1, so I don't mind.

[quote name='Mizzou75']i've been matched up for Mass Effect four times now and no one has confirmed. come on guys, give it up ;)[/QUOTE]

Hope you can get it soon. Awesome game!

Ha, like an hour after I posted that a seller matched up and confirmed. I have a huge backlog right now, but I'll have to make sure I get to it so I have enough time to fully enjoy it before Mass Effect 2.

ok, i am new to the goozex thing, and i just had to leave my first negative, but they give the seller 3 days and he requested a trade cancelation AFTER i put in for neg. feedback (of course he ignored my p'm and waited for me to file for neg. feedback, probobly hoping i would forget and let the system auto-close, and i knew it would come to this as soon as i was matched with the guy because his latest feedback was a neg. for the same game, and since then he has gotten 5 more neg's totaling 6, this will be 7 hopefully). i dont want to cancel, i want this guy to get neg. but i was woundering if it is going to be a pain to get my points back and what-not. if it is going to be a pain, would i be better off just letting it go and accepting the trade cancel?

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']ok, i am new to the goozex thing, and i just had to leave my first negative, but they give the seller 3 days and he requested a trade cancelation AFTER i put in for neg. feedback (of course he ignored my p'm and waited for me to file for neg. feedback, probobly hoping i would forget and let the system auto-close, and i knew it would come to this as soon as i was matched with the guy because his latest feedback was a neg. for the same game, and since then he has gotten 5 more neg's totaling 6, this will be 7 hopefully). i dont want to cancel, i want this guy to get neg. but i was woundering if it is going to be a pain to get my points back and what-not. if it is going to be a pain, would i be better off just letting it go and accepting the trade cancel?[/QUOTE]

what is the sellers name... i had someone just do this to me with 5 negs said they ran out of stamps LOL

i did not accept it and i left it as NEG feedback... More like the person is trying to pull a scam

[quote name='slidecage']what is the sellers name... i had someone just do this to me with 5 negs said they ran out of stamps LOL

i did not accept it and i left it as NEG feedback... More like the person is trying to pull a scam[/QUOTE]

tdickson or something like that i believe ill double check though

edit: yep thats it

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']ok, i am new to the goozex thing, and i just had to leave my first negative, but they give the seller 3 days and he requested a trade cancelation AFTER i put in for neg. feedback (of course he ignored my p'm and waited for me to file for neg. feedback, probobly hoping i would forget and let the system auto-close, and i knew it would come to this as soon as i was matched with the guy because his latest feedback was a neg. for the same game, and since then he has gotten 5 more neg's totaling 6, this will be 7 hopefully). i dont want to cancel, i want this guy to get neg. but i was woundering if it is going to be a pain to get my points back and what-not. if it is going to be a pain, would i be better off just letting it go and accepting the trade cancel?[/QUOTE]

I was pretty sure that if the seller puts in the trade cancellation then the trade got canceled no matter what , where'as if the buyer requests the cancellation then the seller had to agree to it. Of course , neither side is ever required to agree to a cancellation , it's just recommended by goozex as a means of making trades go more smoothly.

In this case though the guy sounds like he deserves the negative. If he's been doing this repeatedly then I wouldn't be surprised if his account gets suspended or closed.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I was pretty sure that if the seller puts in the trade cancellation then the trade got canceled no matter what , where'as if the buyer requests the cancellation then the seller had to agree to it. Of course , neither side is ever required to agree to a cancellation , it's just recommended by goozex as a means of making trades go more smoothly.

In this case though the guy sounds like he deserves the negative. If he's been doing this repeatedly then I wouldn't be surprised if his account gets suspended or closed.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i think since i already filed for feedback i have to agree to cancel, but im not doing it, he deserves the negative feedback and i already cant get that game again so im in no rush to clear the points up

i been trying to get the bundles for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour both for 1200 points each but no luck at all

[quote name='starmask2k3']i been trying to get the bundles for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour both for 1200 points each but no luck at all[/QUOTE]

no1 in their right mind will ever send it complete... Guitar hero areosmith cost 16 alone to ship. it probally cost you 30 or 40 to ship rock band 2 complete

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I think you can jam Aerosmith in a FedEx or UPS Ground box for 8-10 bucks, for Aerosmith, especially since the guitar collapses.[/QUOTE]

did not know the guitar collapesed i had to tape 2 USPS boxes together

so can anyone help me out here? i put this game in my queue and i meant to put it on hold but apparently i didn't. i got matched up with someone, so i clicked "put on hold if timeout" because i don't want it yet. however, i keep getting matched up with people after it times out instead of it being put on hold. is there any way to get it to stop this? it's quite annoying. i've been matched up with like 5 people already instead of the game going on hold.

[quote name='Mizzou75']so can anyone help me out here? i put this game in my queue and i meant to put it on hold but apparently i didn't. i got matched up with someone, so i clicked "put on hold if timeout" because i don't want it yet. however, i keep getting matched up with people after it times out instead of it being put on hold. is there any way to get it to stop this? it's quite annoying. i've been matched up with like 5 people already instead of the game going on hold.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of a problem like that before. Are you sure your making the system know that you want the game to be put on hold if it timesout? It may sound like a stupid question , but I'm pretty sure if you click that and verify it then the game should be marked in your queue as "goes on hold if timesout". If it doesn't say that then I don't think it will. Your only other option is to manually put it on hold if it timesout again.

If someone happens to actually accept to send you the game , your only option will be to put in for a trade cancellation. In which case if they agree to it the game will automatically be put on hold.

Yep, it says that and has every time. I wouldn't be against getting the game, (it's only 100 points), but I'm trying to get a few others first. Oh well.

bread's done
Back