Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='shieryda']I concur, but I would have left a negative. Do people not understand what "complete package" means?

Does Goozex have a phone number to call for complaints/issues?[/QUOTE]

Not sending full package is under the neutral feedback listing, isn't it? I don't think you can say that the game is broken or that he sent the wrong game.

You can only leave a neg for a broken or unplayable disc, if you never received the package, or if he sent the wrong game. Not getting a manual should never warrant a negative. It's an inconvenience but you still have the game. It sucks you'll have to list it as disc only but maybe you can work something out where he pays to have you send the game back.

[quote name='J7.']That seems pretty shitty. Sounds like it's setup so people can abuse the system.[/QUOTE]

...'cuz that's a fantastic way to run a business.

Is there a way to trade with specific people without being matched up with the system? I'd feel really at ease if I trade with one of y'all CAG's for something. I just joined up Goozex yesterday. Sending out my first package for 950 points today.

[quote name='slidecage']if you did not get the manual you WILL NOT GET YOUR PTS BACK... you only get your pts back for NEG feedback only. i have lost over 700 pts this way.... Goozex does not care you did not get the book...[/QUOTE]

It is a complicated issue.
I think the other guy should be penalized (point wise) for not sending the manual. Yet, at the time, I don't think it is right for you to keep the game and get your points back.

[quote name='mis0']Is there a way to trade with specific people without being matched up with the system? I'd feel really at ease if I trade with one of y'all CAG's for something. I just joined up Goozex yesterday. Sending out my first package for 950 points today.[/QUOTE]

i dont think so, you get matched up with who you get matched up with, you have no say in the matter, best you can do is request that a trade be canceled, but even then the seller can say no and still lock you in the trade. if i am wrong please correct me.

[quote name='wbc1228']It is a complicated issue.
I think the other guy should be penalized (point wise) for not sending the manual. Yet, at the time, I don't think it is right for you to keep the game and get your points back.[/QUOTE]

i think if someone sends the game not as listed, then goozex should take 50% of the points away from them, i am not saying give the points to the buyer (that would just cause alot of people to lie and say it didnt come with a booklet), but take them from the seller, that way seller's will stop listing case+disc as full package

[quote name='mis0']Is there a way to trade with specific people without being matched up with the system? [/QUOTE]

Yes. It's called the Trading Forums here or you can try GameTZ. Both are very good ways to make trades with specific people that you like.

I got my first tip in over a year today. I got the request Monday, sent it the same day and they received it today. Plus the whole thing was in perfect condition. It's nice that someone still appreciates effort and good quality.

I did a blind addition to que-- Star Ocean Second Story-- and noticed I overpaid a little it would seem. 750 points seems excessive, although if it really comes complete, it won't be that bad. The points I've gotten have been cheap so far, and I really need to work on my PSone RPG collection.

Thats not uncommon Mizzou, all you have to do is check Trading Info and if supply is greater than one, youll get the game first assuming you have no restrications.

I sent my first game to Canada last Thursday and the buyer got it yesterday. The shipping only cost about $2.50 too for a complete Fatal Frame for the PS2. I was a bit weary about not being able to get DC on it, but the buyer had very high feedback, so I figured it was ok.

1,200 points is a lot for that game, but I'm glad I got matched up since now I can buy a couple of newer PS3 games :)

[quote name='neocisco']With the GQD reprint that's going to need to drop.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about Goozex though. Many games (Fatal Frame) are still way overpriced while some games (Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops) aren't moving at 100 points. It's cool if you know the value of your stuff but I can see some people giving up great stuff for low prices and not being the wiser.

[quote name='neocisco']With the GQD reprint that's going to need to drop.[/QUOTE]

That's why I sold it. It seems the prices are at around $40 on ebay and amazon, so I figured if I could get 1,200 points ($60), it's a win since the prices might drop.

Just had to hand out my second negative in the last two weeks. Both times for game not received. The first person contacted me and said they picked up a replacement copy to send to me , haven't heard from the other person yet.

Just checked out the Goozex newsletter, and there's some pretty big news. First off there is a somewhat crappy sale that lasts from July 17th to August 2:

50% OFF SALE!
Gift card: 5000 Goozex points + 20 trade tokens now $135.00
Gift card: 3500 Goozex points + 10 trade tokens now $92.50
30% OFF SALE!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens now $73.50
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points now $70.00
10% OFF SALE!
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens now $49.50
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points now $45.00

More importantly, Goozex will begin DVD and BLURAY trading beginning in August 2009:

Goozex is super excited to announce the beta launch of DVD & Blu-Ray trading this summer! Get your stacks of movies that you thought you'd watch over and over again, but really only saw once ready for swapping, Goozex style. The site is giving members the best value for their movies to trade for points. And just like game trading, you just need points and one token to get movies. The points you earn for game trades can be used for DVDs and Blu-Rays, and vice versa.
Look for DVD & Blu-Ray trading to start in August 09! We can’t believe we were able to keep this a secret for so long. Make sure to follow the movie trading discussion in our announcement forum section: http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/42.aspx

And last, but not least, the Goozex Exchange program will be implemented full time (a.k.a permanently) with a much larger selection than the trial runs earlier this year involving your choice of one of three brand new games in exchange for Goozex points:

Coming back by popular demand is the Goozex Exchange. But it’s not going to be like the previous trial versions run earlier this year. The new Goozex Exchange will be available for a lot more games and open all year round under the new “Buy Now” button/section. Here are some important changes:
Most game and movie detail pages will have a new “Buy Now” button and by clicking on that button you will be able to find out if the game is available for the Goozex Exchange
You will be able to exchange in combinations of points and cash for games and movies. The more cash you pay the less points you will spend, and vice versa
Product handling through the Exchange will be managed via reputable online retailers and distributors
You can expect the re-launch to go live by September ’09. To join the discussion on the new Goozex Exchange, please visit the Announcement forum section here: http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/42.aspx

They're also making minor adjustments to the trading procedure, allowing you to be "instant matched." It's not nearly as cool as it sounds, but better than nothing perhaps:

The development team at Goozex has further optimized the matching process for all those games that have copies immediately available for trading. When requesting games a new pop-up will show information about getting an instant match with a seller for a game. For example, if requesting Halo Wars, it may say that by requesting Disc Only you will have an instant match, versus requesting Full Package and getting into the queue.
The new Instant Match will not change the way Goozex works. It will only simplify the user interface, and share more information about the availability of each title upfront. Hopefully this will make it easier and faster to trade on Goozex!
Expect this to go live by August ’09!

Just read that letter and glad to see most of it as well. It will be nice to pick up some cheap blu-rays if possible. And the exchange will also be nice for those eager to get new games immediately as that has been my only big complaint lately.

I've really been thinning out the herd lately so I can sit on a bunch of points while I wait for recent games to drop in price (no point in being first in line for 1000 points when I shelve the game and don't pick it up til it's readily available for 200-300 points later on). A lot of people don't think sending out low point games are worth the postage but a few games later and I have Fable II on the way so it's all good for me.

Neocisco - Welcome to goozex, glad your first trade went well. I think the community is generally pretty good and I tip newbies every so often even if the transaction just went as expected to hope that it draws them into staying long term.

[quote name='QiG']Neocisco - Welcome to goozex, glad your first trade went well. I think the community is generally pretty good and I tip newbies every so often even if the transaction just went as expected to hope that it draws them into staying long term.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify (unless I just read it wrong) he didn't say it was his first trade , he just said it was his first tip in over a year.

As for the updates to the site , the new goozex exchange format sounds nice , although I probably won't use it all that much. I know it'll be good for people that have stockpiled a ton of points (read , slidecage) and want to use them up.

The blu-ray/dvd trading sounds really nice though. Assuming the point value for most movies isn't too high , it'll be a good way to offload movies that I may not want anymore , and expand my collection of titles somewhat cheaply.

as someone who just got a PS3 and already picked up all the titles I need, a good way to get blurays is just what I was looking for. as long as these are cheap(under, say...400pts) I will pick up some blurays.

[quote name='Vinny']I would definitely welcome the Blu-Ray trading, and wouldn't mind getting rid of some old DVDs.[/QUOTE]
You and 99% of the people.

What is Goozex Exchange? Is it like trading points for games directly from goozex instead of another person?

I've sent many games out so far and I'm still waiting to actually spend a good amount my points. The wait is VERY LONG for 800-1000 point games. I got only one low point value game so far.

If I can spend my points without the long wait this will be a very good service.

[quote name='zandyne']What is Goozex Exchange? Is it like trading points for games directly from goozex instead of another person?

I've sent many games out so far and I'm still waiting to actually spend a good amount my points. The wait is VERY LONG for 800-1000 point games. I got only one low point value game so far.

If I can spend my points without the long wait this will be a very good service.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Goozex sends you a brand new game in exchange for your points, and with this full launch options for points + cash. During their trial periods, the regular new releases were 1600 pts.

[quote name='Shadowedge']Yes, Goozex sends you a brand new game in exchange for your points, and with this full launch options for points + cash. During their trial periods, the regular new releases were 1600 pts.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great. Though 1600 points ($80) is above the retail price for new games, I'd definitely take that offer (depends on the game, of course) considering I have points that are not being spent fast enough.

I've stopped sending games in since I wasn't getting much in return, but now I'll reconsider.

I'm considering changing my requests option to "disc only" for a few of the games in my queue. For those of you who normally choose this option, how do your games arrive? In a paper sleeve/padded envelope, or slim jewel case?

I'm concerned about the condition of the disc if it is shipped loose in a padded envelope, and wanted to get some feedback before I switch options.

Thanks!

What games are you looking to switch? I've never received anything disc only but I've sent a couple.

I've sent disc only games in a paper sleeve and a slim jewel case. I've got +10 the couple times I've had to do it so I've never heard of any complaints. I found that people that request disc only just want to get the game and aren't too anal about a couple scratches that don't affect anything.

waiting for the #$#$#$# to hit the fan when the exhcange program rolls out...

prices will be 1600 to 2000 easy or more... WHY??? take a look at ds games

Ds game today 600 pts.... you know a new game will have to sell for 1000 or more

Who would pay 600 pts for a used game when you could get a SEALED game for 800

if the sealed game was 800 it would just kill the used market

[quote name='depascal22']What games are you looking to switch? I've never received anything disc only but I've sent a couple.

I've sent disc only games in a paper sleeve and a slim jewel case. I've got +10 the couple times I've had to do it so I've never heard of any complaints. I found that people that request disc only just want to get the game and aren't too anal about a couple scratches that don't affect anything.[/QUOTE]

Stuff like the new Wolverine game and games that I won't really keep for too long after I play them. I used to be a complete game only type of guy, but now I guess it doesn't matter too much to me.

The only thing I think is kinda shitty is how a disc-only game costs the same as a complete game. There should be tiered pricing based on the package type.

[quote name='shieryda']The only thing I think is kinda shitty is how a disc-only game costs the same as a complete game. There should be tiered pricing based on the package type.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% but I'd hate to have to program that into the system.

Slide, I think you're wrong about 800 point games killing the used market. I'm one person that has little to no interest in buying games from Goozex directly so I'll continue getting great DS games from other sellers. I've been able to get most of the DS games I've requested within a couple weeks. It's the one segment of Goozex that works really well.

[quote name='Shady3011']I doubt they'll be that low. If anything, they'll be twice as much as a used copy.[/QUOTE]

whos going to pay 1400 pts (70 bucks ) for a ds game then

[quote name='slidecage']whos going to pay 1400 pts (70 bucks ) for a ds game then[/QUOTE]

Crazy people. You make it sound like it's the downfall of Goozex. Maybe from a flipping stand point but even then that's pushing it. I mean, I doubt many would line up to pay 1000 points for a DS game let alone 1400.

People are spending 400 points for Braid and Castle Crashers so some people must not get simple math. It's all different when it's points and not dollars.

The way I see downloadable games is some people rather burn their Goozex points then have to resort to actually spending money. It doesn't add up from a savings perspective, but I'm guessing they either have a lot of points or don't care.

[quote name='Shady3011']Crazy people. You make it sound like it's the downfall of Goozex. Maybe from a flipping stand point but even then that's pushing it. I mean, I doubt many would line up to pay 1000 points for a DS game let alone 1400.[/QUOTE]

well the point could be this then

ds game cost 700 used or 1000 pts new

how many people will pay 700 pts and wait in line and could even get a bootleg or an incomplete game on the other hand they can get a sealed game for just 300 more...

But then again this could flood the market with more copies of the games since more people would be able to buy the games for 1000 pts ...

guess we will know come sept..

be neat if all DS/psp games would cost no more then 1000 pts new.. could grab almost 30 brand new games and still have a few 100s of pts left

You really gotta do something about those points, slide. You should just run a thread here on CAG where you'll get you a game off Goozex for people super cheap or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are acting like EVERY single game will be available on the Exchange.

It will be only more popular titles (ie: games that don't get traded out much due to low supply) and I doubt it will causes shortages in demand.

For example, Modern Warfare 2 will be a hugely demanded game when it comes out. There will be at least a line of 300 or more users for both the PS3 and 360. And out of those 600+ people, only a small fraction will probably want the game bad enough to spend an additional 400-600 points to get it ASAP. Then a fraction of THOSE people may not have the additional points to cover it, so what will they do? They will try to trade out a game they weren't ready to trade out yet.

And I would say only a small percentage of users actually have a stockpile of points. I know in my case, there are only a couple of games coming out for the rest of the year that I absolutely have to get my hands on ASAP. I'm not going to spend 1600 points or so on a game I can wait a few extra months to play for 1000 points or less.

Plus I doubt most people will pay a premium just to get a sealed copy of a game that you can easily get used for a fraction of that from another Goozex user.

How long does it take for Goozex to review a dispute between a buyer and seller? I requested Infamous and never received the game from the seller.

The seller was supposed to ship the game out June 30th and actually didn't ship it out until July 3rd. Seller also claims to have gotten delivery confirmation but cannot find the tracking numbers anywhere. The seller did say that they shipped out 4 games that day, and the games got to everyone else but me.

I realize stuff can get lost in the mail and all, but I don't see how you can lose the tracking numbers for all of the games that were shipped out. Plus there was no communication at all during the time I was waiting for the game. I always send a PM to buyers to inform them when I'll ship, then I'll send another PM to let them know that I've shipped and also give them the tracking number.

I escalated the negative feedback I left to Goozex on July 14th and it is still pending review. I haven't heard anything from them yet. I hope I don't end up getting screwed out of 1000 points.

After waiting for more than a year I was finally matched for Sniper Elite and got it this week. Even better, the entire thing was in mint condition. That guy easily earned his 50 point tip. Those games are definitely underpriced. Xbox is 300 points and PS2 is only 200. No wonder so few copies are being traded, those values are ridiculously low.

I've really been cleaning up on the 100 point games lately. I picked up Guitar Hero II, Kingdom Hearts II, GRAW 1 & 2, The Simpson's Game, and I've got Blue Dragon coming in the mail. All for 600 points. Luckily, I've been able to beat and off load GRAW 2 and Simpson's Game for 450 points since they both went up in value. Gotta love it.

I've been offloading a lot of low point 360 games lately. It kinda surprised me since most of then seemed to have long lines and I figured I'd never get rid of them. Superman Returns , Open Season , Turok , Wartech , as well as Orcs and Elves and Family Guy have all been sent out in the last two weeks. Didn't net me a lot of points , but did free up some appreciated room.

On the more positive side I managed to score a "rare" game. Tactics Ogre for the PS1. Disk only but in pretty good condition (rental label on the front of the disk aside). Can't wait to finally be able to play the game again , and this time hopefully beat it.

Now if I could only get Brigandine and Project Justice.:whistle2:k

I've received Project Justice from Goozex. Near mint condition too. Power Stone 2 and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well. Goozex is a great place to find older DC games.

I just wish they added Saturn or Sega CD games as well but too many people would get extremely butt-hurt because the case got cracked in transit.

[quote name='depascal22']People are spending 400 points for Braid and Castle Crashers so some people must not get simple math. It's all different when it's points and not dollars.[/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers for 400 points, eh? Tempting.. to me it beats shelling out $ for MS points since they're harder to get cheap than goozex points. This weekend, I'm dumping off Tiger Woods 06 (GC) and Overlord (PS3) for 450 points and it's a fair trade if you ask me. Only thing is the other time I tried to request a code (Halo 1 download) no one accepted and I went through all 5 users claiming ready to trade that week.

The more I think about it, the more I might just bite on it also. They seem to be the only XBLA codes that are moving except one copy of SamShoII and six copies of TMMT Classic.

So far it looks like this for XBLA traffic on Goozex:

Alien Hominid -- 0
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- 0
Braid -- 23 and 1 going on now
Castle Crashers -- 36
Castlevania Symphony of the Night -- 0
Ikaruga -- 0
Rez --0
Samurai Shodown II -- 1
TMMT Classic -- 6

Anyone else have any luck getting XBLA codes?

It all depends where you get your pts from...
Cheap garage sale/CL games flipped to Goozex=tons of pts for next to nothing

I think I got screwed over. I requested Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA). It seems it would be the guy's first deal (he had no other feedback or games sent/received). I wonder if he forgot to send it since there was no tracking info. I left negative feedback since it's going to close in 2 days and sent him a PM.

[quote name='icedrake523']I think I got screwed over. I requested Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA). It seems it would be the guy's first deal (he had no other feedback or games sent/received). I wonder if he forgot to send it since there was no tracking info. I left negative feedback since it's going to close in 2 days and sent him a PM.[/QUOTE]

If he did forget it's a lousy way to start his account off with. In any case if he can't prove he sent it , or that it ended up getting lost in the mail , then your good to go so no big deal (other than having to wait to get matched up for the game again of course).

bread's done
Back