Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

As a buyer, the only thing you can really get screwed out of is time. The game either works or it doesn't. You either got it or you didn't.

I'm having terrible luck. I requested Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and the guy shipped it. I got the notification that the trade would close and still haven't received it so I PM'd him and he said he sent it. He sent it on his own and didn't get delivery confirmation so there's no way to track it. I feel bad but he should have gotten the delivery confirmation. He said he doesn't get it for games less than 300 points.

It's not cheap if you just send a couple times a month. Some of us send several packages a week.

I rarely use Delivery Confirmation and it hasn't bitten me in the ass yet. I figure I've saved enough over the years to absorb the inevitable hit down the road.

Back on to Goozex, I was matched on the 8th with a brand new trader. He was supposed to send Power Stone but I haven't heard a peep from him since he accepted the trade. I'm gonna wait and see but I have a strong feeling that I'll be sending the negative at the end of next week.

Delivery confirmation is only 19 cents if you pay through Paypal, guys. Do yourselves a favor and buy it every time if you don't want negatives on your account!

I've used DC on all my packages shipped and I plan on continuing that trend the entire time I'm an active Goozex dude. Though I'm sure some guy with 100+ positive feedback won't screw me over.. I still can't seem to trust people enough to give them the benefit of the doubt and give me that positive without any hassle.

107 out and only one negative because some guy said a sealed Xbox game didn't work.

I don't use PayPal for shipping so 75 cents a game comes out to $80.25. We'll put it around $70 because I have used DC a few times for rare or 1000 point games. The risk vs. reward tilts too much to the risk side when I'm sending a game like that.

I also tend to use DC when I'm sending a new user a game but I've pretty much declined every request from a new user the last few months.

If I'm sending an older 360 game to an established user? Regular old first class gets it done (for me at least) every time.

[quote name='slidecage']heads up but the DVD trading starts tomorrow[/QUOTE]

yeah I wonder how the points will go, if all movies are more than 100, it's really not going to go well.....

I could see some rare DVDS to go more, or recent releases, but most dvd movies drop after a year.

I don't think it'll be worth it.

When's the Goozex Exchange gonna start?

And just got matched up with somebody for Animal Crossing (Gamecube). The guy has -20 feedback, for game not received. Sadly, he's the only active seller. Hope things go better than I think they will.

Goozex Exchange works on some games right now. You'll have to check the game page to see if it qualifies. Keep in mind it's only for current gen, popular titles.

[quote name='Shady3011']Goozex Exchange works on some games right now. You'll have to check the game page to see if it qualifies. Keep in mind it's only for current gen, popular titles.[/QUOTE]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO i want to be the first to ask this

Post a list of what games you found : )

so far i found nothing

(and what do you call current gen) ps3 wii and xbox360 only cause all i look at is Ds and psp games and never see anything for sale

LOL just ran over there forgetting the site is down till 11am est today

[quote name='Dingleberry']Is the goozex dreadfully slow for everyone else right now?[/QUOTE]

Yep , I assuming they are still working on getting everything running properly again after the major site overhaul they did this morning. I figured it'd just be the DVD/Blu section of the site running slow , since that's what I've been checking out for the last hour or so.

[quote name='Shady3011']Goozex Exchange works on some games right now. You'll have to check the game page to see if it qualifies. Keep in mind it's only for current gen, popular titles.[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh...what?

Well sadly, the Wii games I'm looking for aren't on the exchange.

And just listed some crap movies that nobody at my house watches anymore. Those DVD points can be used for games right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jmclark']Well sadly, it's not on the Wii games I'm looking at it for. :(

And just listed some crap movies that nobody at my house watches anymore. Those DVD points can be used for games right?[/QUOTE]

The beginning part of your post is quite confusing and i don't know what it means.

But to answer your second question, yes. There are no "DVD" points or "GAME" points...just goozex points that can be used for anything on the site.

[quote name='Dingleberry']What do you mean by they are not on the exchange? Every Wii game is listed and you add it to your queue.[/QUOTE]

I assume he means the new "Goozex Exchange" set-up , where you trade goozex points for new copies of select games.

listed the few blurays i have that I dont want. Pretty good points I have to say if someone wants them.

250-350 not bad for old blurays

Anybody think that it's a dick move for anybody wanting to get rid of their music games (Guitar Hero II, III, Rock Band, etc.) to list them as disc+manual or disc only under the bundle listings? It seems pointless to me to even bother listing there if you don't have the bundle since anybody that wants the bundle won't settle for just the game itself.

I've been wanting to get a cheap GH bundle on the Xbox 360 and it seems that GH2 is just now available, so I hope it's the real deal and not a screwjob.

I'd love to see Goozex expand to CD's since I'd love to get rid of stuff I don't want and still get more than a couple of quarters a CD without feeling like I'm getting screwed. I don't know if I can list all of the DVD's I'd like to get rid of since some of them are a bit worn, so I know I wouldn't like to get dinged for that even I just want to get rid of them for something.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Anybody think that it's a dick move for anybody wanting to get rid of their music games (Guitar Hero II, III, Rock Band, etc.) to list them as disc+manual or disc only under the bundle listings? It seems pointless to me to even bother listing there if you don't have the bundle since anybody that wants the bundle won't settle for just the game itself.[/QUOTE]

You'd get negative feedback and the points would be given back. That's why they have separate listings for the game only and the bundle. I believe it has been discussed in their forums before.

Listed up all my dvds, i never watch dvds, niether does me family but my dad just got mad at me while i was listing them, hes like why are you selling those there not yours i was like yeah and im not selling them so he says you think your the only smart one in this house your not... I listed all my old ones, brining down the house along came polly yankeeography some wrestlemanias, i just want them gone.

[quote name='finsfan0210']i registered with goozex but it put my account on hold and they won't reply to my emails anyone have any advice?[/QUOTE]

How long have you been at your current address? Maybe someone that was there before also had Goozex. That or your IP address matched someone else's.

I am a new member.. Liking it so far but a few things stand out.

1) How come you can not enter item conditions beyond the 3 selections? adding a note to your item would work wonders
2) Bundles seem to command less points than the individual games

[quote name='guyver2077']I am a new member.. Liking it so far but a few things stand out.

1) How come you can not enter item conditions beyond the 3 selections? adding a note to your item would work wonders
2) Bundles seem to command less points than the individual games[/QUOTE]

1) The service only cares about if the item works or not. It can have scratches all over it, but as long as it works, it's fine. You can leave a comment on the item once you receive it that will be permanently displayed in the other users feedback.

2) What bundles are you talking about. All the ones I see are worth more than the game only versions.

Ugh. Currently in the middle of two bad trades.

Got Bully (PS2) in the mail today. Crappy condition, and I literally timed an hour, and I still haven't gotten it to load to the startup screen. Left negative feedback, hopefully that gets resolved fast.

Ordered Animal Crossing (GC) last week. Guy shipped it last Wednesday, and still hasn't gotten here. Ironically, his one feedback is for "Game not received." Great, just great.,

[quote name='Dingleberry']1) The service only cares about if the item works or not. It can have scratches all over it, but as long as it works, it's fine. You can leave a comment on the item once you receive it that will be permanently displayed in the other users feedback.

2) What bundles are you talking about. All the ones I see are worth more than the game only versions.[/QUOTE]

1) That really sucks. As a seller you can pretty much get rid of scratched junk this way. I think there has to be a condition field or something. I mean I would feel guilty sending something thats in crappy condition.

2)The ones that came to mind were like ddr bundles and american idol bundles.

Couldn't you offer it as a lesser option so the receiver isn't expecting that much?

My opportunity at getting the GH2 bundle on Goozex has failed since none of the people offering it responded to the claim in the day or so they get, so I'm guessing those were all put on hold and now nobody's offering it anymore. :whistle2:(

[quote name='shieryda']Hoping for another point drop e-mail today or tomorrow. Fallout 3 is getting down to the sweet spot for me to activate it.[/QUOTE]

man i dont think anything fell on the ds

seems DVD prices did not change at all

Also i was'nt expecting the system to process items on my want list automatically. I had 50 cent 360 on my want list as disc only (my error) but It is up to the sender to cancel the transaction. My noobie mistake i guess

Is there someone I could e-mail about adding a movie thats not in their database? For some strange reason "Role Models" is still not listed, and I would like to try and score a copy via Goozex before I buy it.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is there someone I could e-mail about adding a movie thats not in their database? For some strange reason "Role Models" is still not listed, and I would like to try and score a copy via Goozex before I buy it.[/QUOTE]
I m pretty sure they dont make there own list, they have a database that there titles are based off of, "Moze" i think.

[quote name='Porksta']Muze. I am still waiting on Gran Torino.[/QUOTE]

To receive? Don't waste your time, bro. I just watched it last night.

Gran Torino, like a lot of other flicks, was over hyped. Some old school Clint fans will love the hell out of it regardless.
cagus.smile.jpg

wow seems like the good times are over with already. first week got 6 movies shipped last week matched about 24 and all Sellers Cancel noone is sending jack out anymore.

i just got matched on 2 games but why accept them when cant even get anything anymore

when do they usually update their system to be able to add new releases?

also i just got matched for the first time with someone with an APO. AE address. can i still drop these in the mailbox in the same way? do i have to pay more to send to these addresses?

[quote name='guyver2077']when do they usually update their system to be able to add new releases?

also i just got matched for the first time with someone with an APO. AE address. can i still drop these in the mailbox in the same way? do i have to pay more to send to these addresses?[/QUOTE]

The new releases went live at 1:00 AM EDT this morning.

Yes, you can still ship APO addresses using first-class mail. So you know, delivery confirmation doesn't work with these addresses.

bread's done
Back