Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

Just to update my bitchfest from a couple of weeks ago. I ended up getting my Tales of Vesperia back from Goozex. But after the entire runaround and trading time, it took over four weeks to have my game returned. The return policy is now expired on it, and I have to find (less savory) ways of exchanging my broken used game from the retailer I bought it.

The funny thing is that I never had to file a negative feedback until after my own dispute. Now I have had to file two negatives for game not received and yesterday I got a bootleg Pokemon LeafGreen in the mail. It just never ends on this site.

[quote name='xdl']Just to update my bitchfest from a couple of weeks ago. I ended up getting my Tales of Vesperia back from Goozex. But after the entire runaround and trading time, it took over four weeks to have my game returned. The return policy is now expired on it, and I have to find (less savory) ways of exchanging my broken used game from the retailer I bought it.

The funny thing is that I never had to file a negative feedback until after my own dispute. Now I have had to file two negatives for game not received and yesterday I got a bootleg Pokemon LeafGreen in the mail. It just never ends on this site.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you test the game before sending it out? This is where I'm confused. If you physically played the game and it worked, why not just list it again and try your luck or find someone here to trade it with?

There are dozens of people on this site looking for Vesperia so it's not like you won't have any takers.

If you didn't test the game, then that's really your problem. You should never put games into the system that you haven't personally played.

If it's sealed, open it up and check it out. Nobody's giving tips for sealed games anymore anyway.

Game point changes for July 6:

AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack Xbox 360- 50 450
Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 +50 250
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Xbox 360 -50 150
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Xbox 360 -50 800
Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 +50 450
Frontlines: Fuel of War Xbox 360 +50 200
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 -50 850
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 -50 500
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Playstation 3 -50 450
Resistance 2 Playstation 3 -50 800
Scene it? Box Office Smash Xbox 360 +50 600
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 +50 400
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Playstation 3 -50 750
WWE Legends of WrestleMania Xbox 360 -50 750

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Game point changes for July 6:

AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack Xbox 360- 50 450
Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 +50 250
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Xbox 360 -50 150
Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 +50 450
Frontlines: Fuel of War Xbox 360 +50 200
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 -50 850
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 -50 500
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Playstation 3 -50 450
Resistance 2 Playstation 3 -50 800
Scene it? Box Office Smash Xbox 360 +50 600
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 +50 400
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Playstation 3 -50 750
WWE Legends of WrestleMania Xbox 360 -50 50[/QUOTE]

error on the Wrestlemania point total, thanks OP!

F.E.A.R. 2: Project OriginXbox 360-50800 Fable IIXbox 360-50550 Gears of War 2Xbox 360-50600 Guitar Hero World TourXbox 360-50650 Guitar Hero World Tour (Complete Guitar Game)Xbox 360-501150 LEGO Batman: The VideogameXbox 360-50350 Lost OdysseyXbox 360+50400 Lost Planet: Extreme ConditionXbox 360-50100 Major League Baseball 2K9Xbox 360+50800 Mirror's EdgeXbox 360+50500 NBA 2K9Xbox 360-50650 Saints RowXbox 360+50200 Saints Row 2Xbox 360-50700 Soulcalibur IVXbox 360-50400

Fable II Xbox 360 -50 550
Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 -50 600
Guitar Hero World Tour Xbox 360 -50 650
Guitar Hero World Tour (Complete Guitar Game) Xbox 360 -50 1150
LEGO Batman: The Videogame Xbox 360 -50 350
Lost Odyssey Xbox 360 +50 400
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 -50 100
Major League Baseball 2K9 Xbox 360 +50 800
Mirror's Edge Xbox 360 +50 500
NBA 2K9 Xbox 360 -50 650
Saints Row Xbox 360 +50 200
Saints Row 2 Xbox 360 -50 700
Soulcalibur IV Xbox 360 -50 400

[quote name='Mizzou75']F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Xbox 360 -50 800
Fable II Xbox 360 -50 550
Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 -50 600
Guitar Hero World Tour Xbox 360 -50 650
Guitar Hero World Tour (Complete Guitar Game) Xbox 360 -50 1150
LEGO Batman: The Videogame Xbox 360 -50 350
Lost Odyssey Xbox 360 +50 400
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 -50 100
Major League Baseball 2K9 Xbox 360 +50 800
Mirror's Edge Xbox 360 +50 500
NBA 2K9 Xbox 360 -50 650
Saints Row Xbox 360 +50 200
Saints Row 2 Xbox 360 -50 700
Soulcalibur IV Xbox 360 -50 400[/QUOTE]

shit

so here's one for you. I have (had) a sealed reprint of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne that i bought on amazon. This is actually the second time I've bought this game, and decided that i'm never gonna play it. I got suckered into buying it both times. So, I'm an active goozex member, and the game gets 1000 points on goozex. So I put it up and traded it away.

Today I received neutral feedback saying this...

The user xxxxxxx has reported neutral feedback on the transaction for the game Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

I requested a "Full Package", but received only a "Disc + Manual"
Comment:
If I wanted a reprint I would have bought one from Amazon for $30. Stop screwing people to save a few bucks.

So, i disputed the feedback. There's no separate listing for different print runs of a game (save for a few greatest hits versions... etc) But this game has one version on goozex. I just feel that this guy is being a little picky about his goozex experience, when he should have been happy to receive a sealed game instead of some of the shit cases / manuals / discs i've received from time to time.

[quote name='mang9432']so here's one for you. I have (had) a sealed reprint of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne that i bought on amazon. This is actually the second time I've bought this game, and decided that i'm never gonna play it. I got suckered into buying it both times. So, I'm an active goozex member, and the game gets 1000 points on goozex. So I put it up and traded it away.

The user xxxxxxx has reported neutral feedback on the transaction for the game Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Comment:
If I wanted a reprint I would have bought one from Amazon for $30. Stop screwing people to save a few bucks.

So, i disputed the feedback. There's no separate listing for different print runs of a game (save for a few greatest hits versions... etc) But this game has one version on goozex. I just feel that this guy is being a little picky about his goozex experience, when he should have been happy to receive a sealed game instead of some of the shit cases / manuals / discs i've received from time to time.[/QUOTE]

That's why you list disc + manual for any games that had limited editions or extra soundtracks, plushies, etc. Then again, you might never get matched.

Got a +5 today from a newer member. Sent him Ratchet & Clank Size Matters from the 3000 bundle. Listed it as Disc + Manual and the game was damn near cherry and the manual didn't even have a dogear on it. He hasn't responded to my PM but it'll either be laziness or something about it not having a case.

[quote name='mang9432']so here's one for you. I have (had) a sealed reprint of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne that i bought on amazon. This is actually the second time I've bought this game, and decided that i'm never gonna play it. I got suckered into buying it both times. So, I'm an active goozex member, and the game gets 1000 points on goozex. So I put it up and traded it away.

Comment:

So, i disputed the feedback. There's no separate listing for different print runs of a game (save for a few greatest hits versions... etc) But this game has one version on goozex. I just feel that this guy is being a little picky about his goozex experience, when he should have been happy to receive a sealed game instead of some of the shit cases / manuals / discs i've received from time to time.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell you should be good in the dispute. As you already mentioned there is no separate listing for the original vs reprint for Nocturn (besides the fact that most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway). He requested full package , he got sealed , which is more than enough. It wasn't a special edition where it was missing something that would make it further complete so there was no foul. Only other thing I could mention would be to offer a return/trade cancellation to him , but as I mentioned he techincally got what he requested so you should be fine.

Keep us updated on how the G-Team handels it.

[quote name='depascal22']That's why you list disc + manual for any games that had limited editions or extra soundtracks, plushies, etc. Then again, you might never get matched.

Got a +5 today from a newer member. Sent him Ratchet & Clank Size Matters from the 3000 bundle. Listed it as Disc + Manual and the game was damn near cherry and the manual didn't even have a dogear on it. He hasn't responded to my PM but it'll either be laziness or something about it not having a case.[/QUOTE]

Good points about the soundtrack , I forgot that the first printing of Nocturn had that. As I mentioned before though , the listing for Nocturn on the site makes no mention about requiring the soundtrack , so he might have a hard sell convincing them to side with him. Although the tip about listing non-complete "special" editions like that as disk+manual or disk only still holds true. This is kinda a grey area though.

As far as the +5 for Size Matters , I've pretty much resigned myself to always getting a +5 for any disk+manual or disk only games. I don't know what people expect in that situation , but it seems to be the norm.

Just send Goozex an e-mail to see if they can reverse it. I had some douche leave me a +5 for slow shipping since it took a week to get to him. Nevermind he included transit time and the time before I actually dropped it in the mail (chose 3 day).

As for the neutral, that guy is a fucking douche as well. No one is going to send Nocturne with soundtrack and there is really no way of telling which is which unless the game is opened. Goozex does a good job of seperating different versions of games. If the system doesn't discriminate between them, then the buyer really can't complain if they get a reprint.

Neutrals only get you points docked on your feedback score. You keep the Goozex points.

It's easy to tell the difference between the versions of Nocturne. The original says Limited Edition Soundtrack included on the back toward the bottom. It's also heavier.

That's a lot more discrete than most other LEs (the cover has it under the game title). The weight thing won't come into play until they actually have it in their hands.

Either way, Goozex makes this distinction on most games. If they don't, it's pretty much open season whether you'll get the version you want.

It's open season but they could side with the buyer solely because the LE was the original version. It's technically the full package version. Has anyone had this problem with DDS? That's another game that got the barebones reprint.

I had kind of the same problem when I got Persona 3 last year. Dude sent me the game and the case but neglected to send the art book and the outer case. I didn't give him a neg but I told him I expected the "full package". He opened his sealed copy for the extras but proceeded to purposely crease that bitch and put it in a bubble mailer so it got to me nice and tore up. I ended up giving him a +10 because of the separate shipping costs but I wasn't happy at all.

Again, if you're not sure, just list it disc + manual. That way, if the person gets a case, they can only be happy with the extra and not get pissed because something's missing from a "full package".

Magna Carta is another interesting case. Goozex has it listed as game only but the picture is of the Deluxe Edition. It's all semantics I guess. I'd be glad just to get a sealed game.

But what about a case where the seller doesn't know (or didn't know) that there was another printing or that there were extras that were supposed to go along with the game? If the game listing on the site doesn't mention anything about it how can the seller be faulted for not knowing either?

Example , last year I requested the Rainbow Six Gold Pack (PC) full package which included the original game , the expansion and the strategy guide that covered the game and expansion. I got matched up for it and managed to get everything (full size box , manuals , guide) but was missing the expansion. I pm'ed the user about it and emailed goozex too (since this was before the dispute system). The seller claimed he didn't have the expansion and that the gold pack didn't include it (despite the box and strategy guide mentioning it). Long story short , goozex sorta sided with the seller , stating that there is no way of knowing whether he did or didn't have the expansion to begin with , or knew that it was supposed to be included , but ended up giving me a manual refund to make up for it. I turned around and used the refund to purchase the expansion seperately.

its probally been a month since i got anything good off goozex. the DS/ psp market is almost dead

few games im watching
name--- price now-------- price i buy
touchmaster 2 -------400---- 200 or less since its 12 bucks gs
Pirates: Duels on the High Seas 400-------100 since its a 10 buck game i think
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin-------250---------150
Monster Hunter Freedom 2-----250--------150 maybe 200
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine---300---------100 or 150
Cake Mania 2: Jill's Next Adventure! 200--------100
Midnight Play Pack 200 ---------150 or 100

So dude that gave me the +5 yesterday is now claiming that he gave that because the game doesn't work. I honestly don't know what to do with him at this point. I tested the game myself before I shipped but why would he give positive feedback instead of negative? There's literally nothing Goozex can do now because the kid's a moron.

Well i've had some back and forth with this guy. And he suggested sending me back the game and me refunding him 900 points to his account. (-100 for my shipping costs).

I figure this would work out fine for me cause i'll just trade the game to someone else later. (and PM before telling them the soundtrack is not included just to be safe xD ) and be ahead 100 points. Otherwise, I could just accept the neutral, but it seems i'm not really in the wrong here.

I emailed goozex to see if they thought we should do that.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

I think that's a peaceful settlement that you should jump at.

EDIT -- So I got word back from the guy about Ratchet and he says that he gave feedback before he tried the game out because it looked brand new. He also said that he's only running 3.03 firmware. Do you guys know what firmware you need to have to run Size Matters? I looked everywhere and I could only find one small blurb that said it had to be run at 2.71 and above but I'm not sure.

I guess the lesson is always test games before you give feedback. I thought that was pretty obvious when I joined but I can see the youth of America don't like to have any sort of patience for anything.

I am kind of regretting the 2,000 points I got. It seems like the only thing I can get are the 100 point games (which is fine) but I dreamed of a Goozex where I'd at least have a shot at getting a newer release game.

[quote name='depascal22']So dude that gave me the +5 yesterday is now claiming that he gave that because the game doesn't work. I honestly don't know what to do with him at this point. I tested the game myself before I shipped but why would he give positive feedback instead of negative? There's literally nothing Goozex can do now because the kid's a moron.[/QUOTE]

goozex wont do a thing anyways so you got a 5 instead of a 10 big woop

feedback doesnt mean a #$#$#$ thing over there anyways after you get past a certain pt

I am new to Goozex and have a quick question. I used some points and got a copy of a 360 game sent to me that had a huge circle scratch around the whole game. I tried to install it to my hard drive three times with no success. I lfinally left the other party a negative and he accepted the negative and Goozex has refunded me my points and trade credit already. Now my question is, do I have to send the game back to the other party or do I just keep it? Nowhere in any of the e-mail from Goozex does it say anything about sending the game back so i didnt know what to do with it.

[quote name='ajh2298']I am new to Goozex and have a quick question. I used some points and got a copy of a 360 game sent to me that had a huge circle scratch around the whole game. I tried to install it to my hard drive three times with no success. I lfinally left the other party a negative and he accepted the negative and Goozex has refunded me my points and trade credit already. Now my question is, do I have to send the game back to the other party or do I just keep it? Nowhere in any of the e-mail from Goozex does it say anything about sending the game back so i didnt know what to do with it.[/QUOTE]
Keep it, unless they request, which i have yet to see. Curiosity kicking in, what game is it, perhaps get it resurfaced.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Keep it, unless they request, which i have yet to see. Curiosity kicking in, what game is it, perhaps get it resurfaced.[/QUOTE]

"Tomb Raider:Legend" I want to get it resurfaced but wanted to know if there was a chance if I would have to send it back first.

You don't have to send it back. If the seller requests the game back, make sure he pays for shipping. Even then, you don't have to send it back but it's the decent thing to do.

@slide

I'm not worried about the +5 as much as I don't want someone to get so pissed off that they leave Goozex because no one is trying to help them. I'm way beyond the point where I have the max offers/requests.

The game doesn't work and I'd like to remedy that so he trades more games and you have an opportunity to get rid of that mountain of points you got there, dude.

I did a quick Google search and found out that changing certain CPU settings makes the game not run off a UMD. I'd past this along to him to make sure he has his PSP settings correct.

all that matters is that you set cpu at 266mhz
turn off any plugins which effect cpu speed
and turn off "no-umd mode"[

[quote name='Shady3011']I did a quick Google search and found out that changing certain CPU settings makes the game not run off a UMD. I'd past this along to him to make sure he has his PSP settings correct.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, shady. I did but I haven't heard anything back from him so I'm pretty much done with the dude at this moment.

I've never had problems with sending PSP games but I have a feeling that it will be harder to ship UMDs as more people put custom firware and/or mess with their CPU settings. I'm pretty sure that's why I got the positive instead of a neg. He knows damn well that he's running some voodoo on there and he shouldn't even be trying to run newer UMDs on it. Current firmware is 5.5 and he's running 3.03? I knew what he was up to right away and I'm just glad he didn't take it out on me because he's trying to have the best of both worlds.

Anyone else have problems sending out PSP games on Goozex?

Goozex advised me to cancel the trade. So the guy is sending me back the game. oh well... only really lost 2 bucks on the shipping. i'll just trade it back again and pm the person when i do so this doesn't happen again. and i'll never buy another atlus rpg again.

Today's price updates:

(The) Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Xbox 360 -50 950
(The) Wheelman Xbox 360 -50 750
Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 +50 300
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Xbox 360 -50 750
Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 +50 500
Frontlines: Fuel of War Xbox 360 -50 150
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 -50 800
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Playstation 3 +50 500
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 -50 450
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Playstation 3 -50 400
Resistance 2 Playstation 3 -50 750
Scene it? Box Office Smash Xbox 360 -50 550
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection Xbox 360 -50 650
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 +50 450
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Playstation 3 +50 800
WWE Legends of WrestleMania Xbox 360 -50 700

[quote name='mang9432']and i'll never buy another atlus rpg again.[/QUOTE]

Why punish the one company that hooks everyone up with plushies, soundtracks, art books, and more? You got into a bad situation that ended up with you only losing $2 and you're mad at Atlus for putting soundtracks in the original print run of Nocturne? C'mon, dude. They're reprinting the game for $30 and you have the balls to complain about it?

Do you get the amount of Goozex points for offering a game when you list it or do you get the amount it is down to by the time it actually is requested to ship? Like if I offer a game today which is valued 500 points, will I get 500 even if the value goes down before it is requested and shipped out.

Also, how much on avg do they charge you for shipping?

haha i got yet another game without the manual when i requested full package. so i am tired of it and i said screw it and just left neutral feedback, well the seller decided to dispute it and he said this:

dude it still works cut me some slack i dont wanna give you a game i bought for like 40 bucks for no points

and i just had a few questions, if someone that has been through this process before could help me out that would be great. i was woundering how exactly the disputing thing goes? i mean he pretty much admitted it didnt have the manual in the comment he left, so should i escalate it? or should i just let it go? i know i am tired of getting games in poor condition and games without manuals. so is this a long annoying process? or is it i click escalate and thats it? thanks in advance for any help!!

I'm not sure what he means by no points (probably rep points but he actually loses some for a neutral) but if he admitted fault for not including the manual for a full package trade then you don't have to escalate it. After 3 days, the dispute will close and he gets a neutral.

Disputing it is pretty pointless. He keeps the points for the trade so he really has nothing to complain about for shafting you out of a full package.

[quote name='Shady3011']I'm not sure what he means by no points (probably rep points but he actually loses some for a neutral) but if he admitted fault for not including the manual for a full package trade then you don't have to escalate it. After 3 days, the dispute will close and he gets a neutral.

Disputing it is pretty pointless. He keeps the points for the trade so he really has nothing to complain about for shafting you out of a full package.[/QUOTE]

yeah its the guy's first neutral, so i think he assumed he will loose the points traded for the game, but he already disputed, anyone think i should let it go? or should i escalate it to goozex? if i do escalate it, will goozex make me send them the game or anything like that? if it is going to be a pain i will just ignore it and let him get positive for something he deserves neutral for :cry:

Don't escalate it. You have nothing to escalate. That's usually an option for the seller if he feels he is in the right. Just wait for it to timeout. I doubt he's going to escalate it since he admitted guilt in his message.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']haha i got yet another game without the manual when i requested full package. [/QUOTE]

What game is it? Sometimes you can contact the game company and they'll send you the manual for free. I did that when I bought Fatal Frame at Blockbuster and they sent me the manual for free.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']yeah its the guy's first neutral, so i think he assumed he will loose the points traded for the game, but he already disputed, anyone think i should let it go? or should i escalate it to goozex? if i do escalate it, will goozex make me send them the game or anything like that? if it is going to be a pain i will just ignore it and let him get positive for something he deserves neutral for :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you requested the game to be complete and it wasn't then escalate. It doesn't matter if it is only a manual, he should have sent it complete with manual.

My vote, escalate and get what you asked for, the complete package.

if you did not get the manual you WILL NOT GET YOUR PTS BACK... you only get your pts back for NEG feedback only. i have lost over 700 pts this way.... Goozex does not care you did not get the book...

At least you are warning folks that this trader does not follow Goozex's guidelines and give a heads up to other traders he is going to cheat. PM me and I will put them on the Goozex no trade list.

[quote name='thebob101']At least you are warning folks that this trader does not follow Goozex's guidelines and give a heads up to other traders he is going to cheat. PM me and I will put them on the Goozex no trade list.[/QUOTE]
ill pm you in a minute

[quote name='encendido5']What game is it? Sometimes you can contact the game company and they'll send you the manual for free. I did that when I bought Fatal Frame at Blockbuster and they sent me the manual for free.[/QUOTE]
naruto rise of the ninja? or something like that, its a wii game my brother wanted

wooo

got matched up

Class of Heroes 600 pts.... im shocked noone wanted it .. was first in line and the person shipped it out today... should have it friday

Kick major ass... just saved 35 bucks

and got hooked up with

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 for 100 pts NEAT

[quote name='thebob101']If you requested the game to be complete and it wasn't then escalate. It doesn't matter if it is only a manual, he should have sent it complete with manual.

My vote, escalate and get what you asked for, the complete package.[/QUOTE]

I concur, but I would have left a negative. Do people not understand what "complete package" means?

Does Goozex have a phone number to call for complaints/issues?

bread's done
Back