Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9871 replies to this topic

#3901 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

So that's why I saw a bunch of games marked down to $0.97 a few weeks ago.

It really doesn't make sense to refuse to go under $10 nationally on a clearance game only to have the local store managers sell games for under a buck. I hope you're seeing this SHC-Gamer ;)

:-$ I was kinda hoping that everything that's currently out in the cases would be kept and new stuff would keep piling up till corporate was forced to do one massive clearance fire sale to clear the dreck that would otherwise be hitting clearance or be uber cheap by now.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3902 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

LIke I mentioned above, what happens is that if stuff sits too long, a non active selling report forces the store manager to make a decision. Either let the items 0 out and get sent back to the vendor, or mark them down to any price he pleases.

So basically what we are seeing is that since corporate is slowing down national clearance cycles thereofore us Caggers are at the mercy of electronics managers markdown willingness until further notice.

Luckily I have one trigger happy manager near me who when he wants non selling games to sell, he will make sure he marks them down super low. But this is entirely YMMV. I know some managers that are only marking down to 4.97 and then one will do 1.97 without thinking.

That being said its hard to recommend anyone to visit their local Sears knowing the chances of seeing much will be slim

#3903 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

Yeah. All of my local ones have been picked pretty clean already, so I was having to invade other areas again(one 30-40 miles from me, another slightly further than that;)) JUST to find some stuff that was decently priced(aka not $10 and up).

Posted Image

#3904 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

I miss sears clearance. :(

#3905 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

So it used to be the first Friday of the month. When do we look now, just whenever we are in the area?

#3906 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

I miss sears clearance. :(

you and me both.

#3907 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

It still is the first Friday, the problem is that stuff isn't dropping, or only dropping $1 or $2 with nothing new added.

I did get a Rockband Guitar Strap last week for $0.49.

#3908 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

I just got back from Sears. I went there for the hell of it since it's been a while. They rearranged a few things in the electronics and they took out a ton of games from the glass cases and put them into the 29.99 bin. That bin is pretty full now. I'm not sure what they'll do in the coming months now.

I asked an employee to scan some games, they all rang up kind of high, including Halo 3 for 29.99. I had a good laugh about that one.

#3909 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

My local Sears made most of the game section disappear when the Christmas stuff showed up. It has to be just really piling up in the back room. While I can see not wanting to be as aggressive as Sears was with clearance, this current "solution" seems really unlikely to work for them.

#3910 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

So it used to be the first Friday of the month. When do we look now, just whenever we are in the area?

Since the first Friday was the third, the Friday to look this month is the tenth. Should be anyway, as usually, if the first Friday is the third or before then it occurs the second friday. Not that there's anything to really look for nowadays as all the clearance stuff here magically disappeared.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3911 sdclippers

sdclippers

The Sinister Kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

:roll: I thought there were new drops.
My next girl better be nothing like my ex girl.

#3912 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

:roll: I thought there were new drops.

Check back tomorrow, although don't get too hyped as drops on what is left have been minimal anyway.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#3913 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

At most :ps3:Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will probably drop to $10 and stay locked there forever this month.:roll:

Posted Image

#3914 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

anyone know if drops are happening in january?

#3915 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

PS2 Controllers were down to $10 at my store

Posted Image

#3916 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

PS2 Controllers were down to $10 at my store

Silver ones are $5 at Kmart and the standard black ones are $10 or so at Radio Shack, in case you can't find any PS2 controllers at Sears.:D

Posted Image

#3917 msriflegirl

msriflegirl

All your base...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

Silver ones are $5 at Kmart and the standard black ones are $10 or so at Radio Shack, in case you can't find any PS2 controllers at Sears.:D

My niece needs a new controller. I hope one of the Kmart's near me have the $5 ones. Thanks for the info.
Posted Image

#3918 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

drops friday?

#3919 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

Should be if your store wasn't wiped out. Most here were, almost suspiciously so. I'm hoping they just moved most of it in the back to make quick room for the good stuff during the holiday season and now that it's over it'll be back out on the floor. The only thing left here is DJ Hero which is dropping at $5 a drop so in about 2 years it'll hit a decent sale price.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#3920 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

Should be if your store wasn't wiped out. Most here were, almost suspiciously so. I'm hoping they just moved most of it in the back to make quick room for the good stuff during the holiday season and now that it's over it'll be back out on the floor. The only thing left here is DJ Hero which is dropping at $5 a drop so in about 2 years it'll hit a decent sale price.

It won't drop to like $2-3 though due to SHC-Gamer saying they're capping clearance prices at $10 minimum anymore.:roll::bomb:

Posted Image

#3921 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

It won't drop to like $2-3 though due to SHC-Gamer saying they're capping clearance prices at $10 minimum anymore.:roll::bomb:

Ugh I guess I don't have to check this thread ever again. What are they going to do with all those sports games??

#3922 Darrith

Darrith

The Lion King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

I haven't checked this thread in a while, but I went to Sears yesterday and scanned a few games that were on the "Clearance" :error: shelf and they were all terribly priced. Needless to say I knew things had changed.

#3923 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Ugh I guess I don't have to check this thread ever again. What are they going to do with all those sports games??

Build a fort out of them so the employees not helping customers looking at stuff other than TV's can hide and not just stand by the tv's bullshitting and getting paid for it for 8 hours?:D;):booty:

Posted Image

#3924 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Didnt see any standalone games marked down but I did see the GHWT Guitar + Game Bundles for $49.97 on PS3 & 360 as well as the complete band game for PS2 for $49.97.

DJ Hero bundles were $30-40. The 360 Quick Charge Kit (hub thing with two battery slots) was $14.97.

538822.png

#3925 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

I found a huge-ass wire bin of games at the store by my office. There were literally 100 games in there, stacked in 2 layers and divided by a wooden shelf. I scanned a handful with April, May and September clearance stickers on them, and they rang up full price ($30). Bullshit, man.

#3926 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

Fuck sears man...ever since Sears Holding people started posting clearance has died at Kmart/Sears.

#3927 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

Yeah it's a shame, I used to stop in KMart all the time to look for the clearance games (and buy other stuff since I was already there), now I maybe go to KMart once every 2 - 3 months. $14.99 - $19.99 clearance games are a joke, I miss the $0.97 - $4.97 games. Sears is just as bad, nothing new being added to clearance and the old stuff either doesn't drop or drops $1 - $2 at the most.

#3928 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

It will take time but eventually one of 2 things will happen.
1) Realizing they are sitting on games that are 3 years old they will have a massive clearance (specially those sports games with 08 and 09 in the title) and clear some room for new merchandise (not necessarily video games).
2) They will sell all those older games they can't get rid of for $20 to one of those local "outlet stores" or national ones like Big Lots.
The good news is they will sell for under $10. The bad news is it will be totally YMMV. I have such a store in my area and they are selling Xbox, Wii, PS3 and PSP games for $5.99 that came from a store called "FRED MEYER". I know this because the sticker was still left on some of these items and the price on it was $19.99. Which is way too much for the Bigs 09 or the show 09 even for the PS3.............$6 might still be too much but at least it is reasonable.
Kmart and Sears will eventually have to get rid of those games as they become worthless with each passing season. Let's face it, most items in the electronics section is like produce.

#3929 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:49 AM

Didnt see any standalone games marked down but I did see the GHWT Guitar + Game Bundles for $49.97 on PS3 & 360 as well as the complete band game for PS2 for $49.97.

DJ Hero bundles were $30-40. The 360 Quick Charge Kit (hub thing with two battery slots) was $14.97.

Bigger drop than normal on DJ Hero then, I think it was $60 last go round, maybe 50. 28 at my best buy though.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#3930 SPELLPLAQUE

SPELLPLAQUE

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:28 AM

Anyone have any experience with a Sears closing? How quickly prices drop?