Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9877 replies to this topic

#6691 adamthered

adamthered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

If anybody is still looking for a new copy of Mass Effect Platinum Hits it appears Sears may still have them in stock. I was trying to find a new copy all over town and the only place that seemed to still have them in stock was Sears. Game Stop wanted $25 for a used copy, Sears wanted $15 for a new.
[URL="http://theshelfofshame.blogspot.com/"][/URL]

#6692 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

If anybody is still looking for a new copy of Mass Effect Platinum Hits it appears Sears may still have them in stock. I was trying to find a new copy all over town and the only place that seemed to still have them in stock was Sears. Game Stop wanted $25 for a used copy, Sears wanted $15 for a new.

$15? I got mine for $12.97 there on Wednesday

#6693 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

My store has three. I'm hoping they drop further.. and I recently bought an Xbox after only having a PS3 and yes it's the 4GB model so it would help immensely.

I wonder if they'll drop further OR if I offer then $50 if they'll take it (although I'd feel like an idiot trying to barter with a retail store)

My advice (take it or leave it) is to buy one and hold on to the receipt. It'll probably drop again, but if you wait for that drop, they'll all be gone. You could always try to barter.:)

#6694 newbslice

newbslice

Moose Knuckle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I guess i have to ask why is it my sears don't follow these price changes? I've been in their numerous times and get games scanned at the register to see if they have had price changed but they're still ringing up 59.99 29.99 etc

#6695 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Not all stores are the same. Some adhere to price drops more strictly than others.

Good on ya for actually scanning the games, and not just taking what the tags say at face value.

#6696 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

My local Sears has a white PSP for $49.99. Almost bit, but I just don't need another handheld I am never going to play.

#6697 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

local Sears was horrible, only thing that I thought about getting was White Knight Chronicles I for around $13. Also I saw a PSP charger for $5 but when I scanned it, it told me to get a store associate and I did. When they scanned it, they told me it was not in the registry. The guy refused to sell it to me, I'm just wondering if this was normal protocol as I heard another guy saying it rang up as $0.00
Posted Image

#6698 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

local Sears was horrible, only thing that I thought about getting was White Knight Chronicles I for around $13. Also I saw a PSP charger for $5 but when I scanned it, it told me to get a store associate and I did. When they scanned it, they told me it was not in the registry. The guy refused to sell it to me, I'm just wondering if this was normal protocol as I heard another guy saying it rang up as $0.00

A local sears has had White Knight for a long time. I won't buy it though as it comes free with White Knight 2.

I had the same experience when movies clearanceD out to movies they sold. Many came out with no price and they refused to sell them even at any price.

#6699 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

My local Sears has a white PSP for $49.99. Almost bit, but I just don't need another handheld I am never going to play.

I could use a PSP GO. Which store location had one?

#6700 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

For those looking for the Wii points cards... they may not be near any of the points cards or Wii items.

Do NOTTT trust the sales associate to find them for you. Walk up and down the electronics aisles, as they may be in a place you'd least expect them to be.

Marked $14.xx. Rang up $8.xx.

I don't have a Wii, yet, but I got some anyway. Do these expire?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#6701 ImperialPie

ImperialPie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

It zeroed out which means he SHOULD have contacted his manager to get a price. That's what I do when they bring me an item like that.

Sometimes they can get taken out of the system where we can't ring them up. I'm not sure if we can even sell them to you if we can't put a price for it.

Go in next time and ask to speak to their department manager and have him price it. It's policy that we do. Also why wouldn't they want a sell? lol

#6702 adamthered

adamthered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

$15? I got mine for $12.97 there on Wednesday

Yeah, the store that supposedly had it for $12.97 no longer had it in stock so I had to go with the next store that did have it for $14.97.
[URL="http://theshelfofshame.blogspot.com/"][/URL]

#6703 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, the store that supposedly had it for $12.97 no longer had it in stock so I had to go with the next store that did have it for $14.97.

Ahh that sucks but still better then GS selling for $24.99 used... ME1 is getting to be a little harder to find and I never really paid attention until I decided I wanted to do the trilogy run..

#6704 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

ME 1 is getting hard to find. Want it bad. On Ebay someone has thr trilogy(all 3) as Buy it now for 124 bucks.I think it said 2 and 3 are new. Thinking about going for it.

#6705 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

ME 1 is getting hard to find. Want it bad. On Ebay someone has thr trilogy(all 3) as Buy it now for 124 bucks.I think it said 2 and 3 are new. Thinking about going for it.

This one? I don't know about this series. This came up under a 'platinum hits' search, though I don't notice those words on the cover.

http://www.frys.com/...source=googleps

You could get 1 and 2, online, and wait for 3 to drop.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c63b41838

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#6706 vishank

vishank

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Tried to get a PSP Go from a nearby Sears that showed to be in stock via Google Shopping. However, when I got there, it was nowhere to be found. I asked a salesman and they told me that they only got the PSP 3000s left. I was disappointed, but at least I did not leave empty handed. I picked up a Deep Red DS3 controller for 21.97. Was tagged at 59.99, the salesman was so surprised, lol!

#6707 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

I still have a sealed original label Mass Effect from SEARS Clearance last year (it was only $4.97). How the hell they managed to keep that in stock so long is beyond me, but it still has the "Do Not Sell Before" orange label on top which is dated from 2007.

#6708 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

NHL 12 was stickered at $39.97 in the glass case. Will probably be in the wire bin in the next week (or month). It had a Feb. sticker, so it's probably cheaper now, but I was in a hurry to get out of there and didn't have it scanned. Can't find it for this price on Google Shopping...

#6709 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hey guys I picked up a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on clearance for $24.97. Best price I've seen anywhere for that game.

They also had Kirby's Epic Yarn for the same price.

#6710 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Hey guys I picked up a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on clearance for $24.97. Best price I've seen anywhere for that game.

They also had Kirby's Epic Yarn for the same price.

Twilight Princes is coming down pretty fast as well.

#6711 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

Anyone got the wii points card upc? I saw a couple but marked 19.99 in the glass.

#6712 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

Anyone got the wii points card upc? I saw a couple but marked 19.99 in the glass.

UPC: 045496890346

This link will probably tell you if they are in stock near you.
http://www.google.co...ved=0CHIQ3QswAQ

#6713 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

I saw that...

#6714 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

Picked up the last PSP Go white at my store for $50, and then get home to discover it has clearly been used. Although everything is mint, the box did not have the seal on the side and there were telltale fingerprints on the screen. Sure enough, when I booted it up I saw some demos had been downloaded on Dec 25th. LOL. Obviously someone got this as a Christmas present but back it went when they realized it couldn't play them discs.

I dunno, I'm not that pissed off, but feel this was kind of a dick move from Sears, putting that back in the glass case with no indication that this was previously owned. Is this actually legal? Not looking to make a fuss, but just curious.

#6715 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Picked up the last PSP Go white at my store for $50, and then get home to discover it has clearly been used. Although everything is mint, the box did not have the seal on the side and there were telltale fingerprints on the screen. Sure enough, when I booted it up I saw some demos had been downloaded on Dec 25th. LOL. Obviously someone got this as a Christmas present but back it went when they realized it couldn't play them discs.

I dunno, I'm not that pissed off, but feel this was kind of a dick move from Sears, putting that back in the glass case with no indication that this was previously owned. Is this actually legal? Not looking to make a fuss, but just curious.

That's why I honestly wanna check all of the ones I grabbed BEFORE shipping them out so that there's no problems when they arrive to the folks(from CAG) that I'm sending them to.

One of them has an issue with the side seal where it's peeling off and the one other one has an issue with the double seal where it's a bit looser than the other three. The double seal is down on what I guess would be the front of the box at the bottom where the box opens when you open the system.

So those two I'm leery about shipping out. But hopefully no one has been dishonest and returned the systems after using them for a while. I know that all four boxes feel exactly the same on weight as well, which was another thing I was checking while buying them and when I got them home.

Unfortunately the people at the store I bought them from said that they 'sometimes had to open them to show people them'. Hopefully they don't mean the ones I bought though.:cry::-#

EDIT: It would now appear that Google Shopping is showing that these are OOS at all three of my local Sears stores now.:cry: Oh well. So much for waiting on another drop to buy one that may have been stashed in the back room someplace.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#6716 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

I dif have those, but its not showinng up on that link. I wonder if it its out of system. Maybe ill see if I can get it scanned.

#6717 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

No, many stores will open up a box to showcase it. You could of thrown a fit and see if they dropped the price... but at that price the manager might of been no cuz he/she would of been happy to take it home.

#6718 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think I saw some PS2s at a sears and it looked like they were 50 bucks. They were white, but the boxes don't look like the white PS2s that I can see online. What is this and should I buy them?

#6719 neschamp

neschamp

FROG FIST PUMP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Tried to get a PSP Go from a nearby Sears that showed to be in stock via Google Shopping. However, when I got there, it was nowhere to be found. I asked a salesman and they told me that they only got the PSP 3000s left. I was disappointed, but at least I did not leave empty handed. I picked up a Deep Red DS3 controller for 21.97. Was tagged at 59.99, the salesman was so surprised, lol!

How was it packaged? In the older plastic packaging or the new blue cardboard boxes?
NOW PLAYING: Excitebots: Trick Racing Posted Image

2009 Completed Games

#6720 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Went to the Sears in Hurst, TX as google shopper showed the PSP Go in stock for $49.97 and even wrote down the item number to take with me. Item showed up as in stock in their system as well but after checking two areas it was nowhere to be found. I don't think the electronics guy was trying to pull one over on me either because he seemed to be a few fries short of a happy meal not to mention he was clueless of the product. On another note, not sure what their story is but about 90% of their video game inventory is clearanced and in clearance bins making the glass cases nearly empty. They had many titles on hand but nothing I was interested in.