Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9854 replies to this topic

#7381 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hopefully I can find an 8gb memory stick that'll work with the PSPGo I have for a decent price.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7382 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

PSP memory stick prices have dropped. There was a 4 GB for $12.47 and an 8 GB for $19.99. Still doesn't beat the 8 GB one I got at Target for $14.97, but I picked up another 8 GB.

Pro Duos? I so would like to find 8 GB memory stick pro duos at that price. My Sears doesn't have any of either memory sticks (pro duos or M2, no PSPgo memory sticks at all/sold out long ago) on clearance.

#7383 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

This policy is still in effect right, I remember trying to use it one time but they denied it ever even existed, even though there was a sign by the register stating the policy.

Remember the associate doesn't have to honor that policy if he can't read.

#7384 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

PSP memory stick prices have dropped. There was a 4 GB for $12.47 and an 8 GB for $19.99. Still doesn't beat the 8 GB one I got at Target for $14.97, but I picked up another 8 GB.

Damn, that's still way too much money for one of those things. I paid $2 for my 8 GB...I can't imagine paying much more than that.

#7385 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Damn, that's still way too much money for one of those things. I paid $2 for my 8 GB...I can't imagine paying much more than that.

Yes, I'd like to know as well, where you are able to get $2 8 GB memory pro duos from? I've been wanting some more memory for my PSP for some time.

The cheapest 8 GB I've ever found was at Office Depot during black friday for about $20 - $30.

I have to agree though the price on these things are ridiculously high at this point. Figured 32 GB sticks would be a bit more common to see by now in local stores for less than $100.

Been considering one of those micro sd to pro duo converters that sell for dirt cheap online.

#7386 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

I always get stuff like this on eBay. SD cards, USB drives, memory card duos, Xbox 360 hard drives...it's all super cheap. They're Chinese knock-offs, but they work just fine. I've been going this route for several years now and I've only ever had problems with ONE microSD card...but they gave me a refund and I got to keep the card. It's currently in my old DSi that my wife now uses; it won't store data from a PC for some reason, but it works fine with DS data.

Just backup your stuff once in a while (which you should be doing anyway) and there's very little risk. Or if you're super paranoid, just get a microSD on Amazon (about $5 for a name brand 8 GB) and use a memory stick duo adapter (about $1 on eBay).

Been considering one of those micro sd to pro duo converters that sell for dirt cheap online.

There's really no reason not to. It works just as well and you're able to use name brand memory while still saving quite a bit of money. It also makes it easier to backup your data if you don't have a duo slot on your computer.

#7387 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

I always get stuff like this on eBay. SD cards, USB drives, memory card duos, Xbox 360 hard drives...it's all super cheap. They're Chinese knock-offs, but they work just fine. I've been going this route for several years now and I've only ever had problems with ONE microSD card...but they gave me a refund and I got to keep the card. It's currently in my old DSi that my wife now uses; it won't store data from a PC for some reason, but it works fine with DS data.

Just backup your stuff once in a while (which you should be doing anyway) and there's very little risk. Or if you're super paranoid, just get a microSD on Amazon (about $5 for a name brand 8 GB) and use a memory stick duo adapter (about $1 on eBay).

There's really no reason not to. It works just as well and you're able to use name brand memory while still saving quite a bit of money. It also makes it easier to backup your data if you don't have a duo slot on your computer.

Yup, Amazon was the first store I saw those adapters. You're the first person I've encountered that has said something positive about the knock-offs from China.

Might try the double 16 GB micro sd adapter route for about 32 GB, which should be enough space.

Have a bunch of videos from the PSN that I got for free. I don't want to keep them on my PS3 since my 160 GB is getting close to full, but want to view the videos still without having to restore the backups so much.

#7388 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Sears in New Orleans has Kinects on clearance for $50 yesterday

#7389 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Would love to find Kinect Sports for $1. I'll check my store tonight to see if the May stickers are present.

#7390 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Might try the double 16 GB micro sd adapter route for about 32 GB, which should be enough space.

I got a single slot adapter w/ a 32GB card for about $30 off of ebay and it works just fine. I cant believe that the 'official' one still cost so much.
Posted Image

#7391 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'll second getting Chinese knockoffs of memory sticks and such. I have 2 4GBs for my PSP that cost ~$6 overall. The speed may not be the greatest, but they've worked for 3+ years now. And some cheap USB flash drives.

#7392 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Went to my Sears for the first time ever today. They had several PS2 games, I don't remember many prices. What I remember for PS2 was God of War for $5 and Hot Shots Tennis for $5 or less. I was going to pick up God of War until I found the rack of dozens of God of War HD Collections for PS3 at $20 which I picked up. There was a wall of clearance Wii shovelware and some older DS games(quality games, marked clearance, but still $30. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc). For 3DS, games like Ridge Racer, PES, and I think SS3D were $17. I'm not sure if Tiger Woods 12 is this year's version or last year's version, but it was $30 for PS3/360. Not much more stuck out other than 4000 MS points for $40. This has all probably been reported, but figured I'd just leave some of the things I saw in case anyone was interested

is there a way to search inventory for a sears store?

#7393 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

You're the first person I've encountered that has said something positive about the knock-offs from China.

Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.

#7394 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.

i definitely agree on small trivial things. i ordered some 95 cents blutooth adapter for my laptop from meritline that ships straight from China. if it works for even 5 hours I'd be satisfied at that price lol. i would never take a chance on a hard drive though, even though they all have a lifespan, i'd just be too scared it would crap out on me really early

#7395 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Don't those guys make all the ipads, iphones, and Ipods? I think they make everything right? I did buy some cheap shipping tape that had Made in the USA printed proudly on it! Yay us.:cry:
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#7396 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Don't those guys make all the ipads, iphones, and Ipods? I think they make everything right? I did buy some cheap shipping tape that had Made in the USA printed proudly on it! Yay us.:cry:

Funniest(and/or saddest) thing I ever saw was during the period just after the 9/11 attacks. I went to Wal*Mart and looked for a U.S. flag set. Guess where they were made: CHINA!!:lol::roll::-#

The most disgusting thing I ever saw though was about 4 months later. I received a pack of advertisements in an envelope, one of which was using an image of the Twin Towers burning after the planes hit. It was an ad for insurance of some kind.:-#

Posted Image

#7397 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

May stickers were on the games last night. NHL was re-stickered but still stuck at the low price of $39.97. It was the same price last month.

Game sales are still alive at my store, because I saw Max Payne 3 there.

#7398 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

There are about 8-9 Bloggie Touches available at the McKinley mall in Buffalo, NY. I think someone on here lives around there.

#7399 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'll second getting Chinese knockoffs of memory sticks and such. I have 2 4GBs for my PSP that cost ~$6 overall. The speed may not be the greatest, but they've worked for 3+ years now. And some cheap USB flash drives.

Wouldn't recommend you ever do anything financial or work related on a computer touched by those memory cards, it's well known the knock offs can be preloaded with back door software. The us military banned flash drives, shit is real. Like the one guy said maybe you're just lucky, and got a good deal :) Computer AIDS is no problem to a smart shopper like you.

#7400 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

has the kinect for $50 been spotted in multiple stores? google shopping shows it as $150 at my sears, not sure if i should call or not

#7401 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Sears just started printing out a SYWR coupon today(?) at my local Sears. I wish I could make any sense of this, like if you get the points for buying video games or what the deal is. If it's a decent coupon, it might be handy for picking up clearance stuff at sears.

Earn $10 in Points
Kmart DVD &VDO Games

Kmart is within 5 miles from here!
Did you knwo you can earn & redeem
Points at all Sears and Kmart locations?
Check out more details at
www.shopyourway.com/rewards
This offer valid at Kmart only. ZJQ1993

I'd post the 16 digit code, but the barcode is limited to one use only, I believe. If someone could clarify if you actually have to buy something from Kmart to get the points added, or just scanning the coupon when you make ANY purchase will qualify you for the $10 in points.
Posted Image

#7402 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

I didn't pick up one up but for the price I might go back.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.

#7403 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.

it was $60 at my sears according to the sticker and google shopping

#7404 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Anyone purchased a pearl white pspgo recently? Sears is charging me the full price because its no longer in the system so their going by the sticker price.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7405 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Anyone purchased a pearl white pspgo recently? Sears is charging me the full price because its no longer in the system so their going by the sticker price.

I got mine back in March and it was $49.97. Surprised it didn't drop further than that

#7406 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

If it had dropped to 90% off, I probably would've taken mine back in and done a return/rebuy. Mind ya, I'm finally getting some use out of one of them and I sold one to someone on Amazon.;)

Posted Image

#7407 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Shock to hear they still carry it since it was clearance last year. I got 4GB Sony pro duo for $2.97 each. I helped a followed CAG here named Toldawg128.

#7408 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Does anyone have prices on the PS3 move bundles? There is the sports champions bundle with 1 game then there is another bundle with 2 games. The only price I could see was 99.99, but I am suspecting lower.

#7409 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I got mine back in March and it was $49.97. Surprised it didn't drop further than that

Were they able to scan the barcode? The sales rep said only way they can sell me the pspgo is by manually entering in the price and they won't go any lower than the retail price of 199.99.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7410 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Were they able to scan the barcode? The sales rep said only way they can sell me the pspgo is by manually entering in the price and they won't go any lower than the retail price of 199.99.

Yeah was marked $249.99 and rang up $49.97