Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Good thread. It's a pity thought you can't check by yourself how much a game costs at Sears. Always having to ask the clerk sucks.

[quote name='Montes']Good thread. It's a pity thought you can't check by yourself how much a game costs at Sears. Always having to ask the clerk sucks.[/QUOTE]

??

Every single Sears store I've ever been to has price scanners.

[quote name='phear3d']sears clearance says it loves you back :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

so how soon do you think the influx of noob questions about trading will come flooding into this thread phear3d? even though the disclaimer is there, never stopped them in the previous threads before :D

T minus 5 minutes.. they're like zombies on movies.. they're being held on temporarily by a gate then all of a sudden the gate falls and they run or walk like they've never walked or ran before.

im going to update the op with the latest drop list (tomorrow, im cold and lazy tonight). it looks like the mark downs this time were regional. i dont really like that trend.

Picked up Big Brain Academy Wii ($9.97), Pikmin Wii ($9.97) & some extra Nyko Wii power adapters ($1.97) tonight.

I'll trade my Rainbow Six Lockdown for your PS3 Bioshock! (joking, of course, since I hope nobody would be that stupid to do that trade)

I have yet to see a price scanner at any of the sears I visit. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...

[quote name='cycophuk']The Sears near me has all the games in glass case, so to verify a price, you have to have an employee pull it out.[/QUOTE]

And that's a problem why? If they give you any nonsense and try to say 'it's the price marked', ask for a manager and then tell the manager that they refused to physically get the game out and price check it for you.

That's what I'm doing from here on out if the employees act like they can't be bothered to be pulled away from their idle chit chat.

Maybe then they'll hire some people who actually don't mind doing their jobs.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And that's a problem why? If they give you any nonsense and try to say 'it's the price marked', ask for a manager and then tell the manager that they refused to physically get the game out and price check it for you.

That's what I'm doing from here on out if the employees act like they can't be bothered to be pulled away from their idle chit chat.

Maybe then they'll hire some people who actually don't mind doing their jobs.[/QUOTE]

Or just write down games of interest and come back with a UPC sheet. This strategy is particularly helpful if you're unsure if the game has dropped to your magic price level. If you pass on a discounted game that an employee scans, it more than likely won't be there next time.

[quote name='cycophuk']The Sears near me has all the games in glass case, so to verify a price, you have to have an employee pull it out.[/QUOTE]

Print out a UPC sheet, save yourself the trouble.

so what should I be looking for in this thread? the games listed in 'white' text?? I used to love Sear's clearance games when they were in a big dump bin at the one I went to a lot. now, all the game sections in the ones I go to are so small and everything is definitely locked up..

Tagged. I'm headed out to a Sears right now to get some price adjustments done.

Gonna scan some random things and hopefully find some new stuff.

*edit*

So strange, my store didnt have anything from this month marked down. Usually they are the only store to get certain things priced right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned it in the last page or so of the old thread. What's annoying is that the local Sears has clearly marked everything with the yellow shelf tags for clearance this time, so anything that is there won't be there long.

Damn Sears employees and them actually doing their jobs.:bomb: If the price drop is correct on the HDMI/USB cable pack for PS3, I may have to grab a few more(have 2 from the Kmart clearance already) just for the sake of trying to trade for some older PS3 games.

121008 ... 04.97 ... 00.00 ... Xbox HD-DVD drive

I just found one at my local sears, but it scanned at the price checker machine for $49.99... Do they sometime scan differently at the register or is my Sears just insane? (I would totally pay $5 for the HD-DVD drive just to say that I have the HD-DVD drive)

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']Or just write down games of interest and come back with a UPC sheet. This strategy is particularly helpful if you're unsure if the game has dropped to your magic price level. If you pass on a discounted game that an employee scans, it more than likely won't be there next time.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, the employees know the prices long before we do, so if they want something it'll disappear to the magical back room till it hits their magic price probably. I've rarely lost out on getting a cheaply priced game that wasn't yet down to my impulse buy price, even after getting it checked by the employees.

Most times it's an older person working in electronics anyway and unless I hear them say that 'their grandkid would like a cheap game' I just assume that the game will be there the next time.

If it isn't though, no big loss since I've managed to get so many deals since I joined CAG.

[quote name='KillerRamen']121008 ... 04.97 ... 00.00 ... Xbox HD-DVD drive

I just found one at my local sears, but it scanned at the price checker machine for $49.99... Do they sometime scan differently at the register or is my Sears just insane? (I would totally pay $5 for the HD-DVD drive just to say that I have the HD-DVD drive)[/QUOTE]

That's what the HD-DVD drive was coming up as at the one Sears around here that still had one in stock up till about a month ago. Then it finally disappeared.

Either they finally did the updates and it dropped to $5 and someone grabbed it or someone actually bought it at $50.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Believe me, the employees know the prices long before we do, so if they want something it'll disappear to the magical back room till it hits their magic price probably. I've rarely lost out on getting a cheaply priced game that wasn't yet down to my impulse buy price, even after getting it checked by the employees.
[/QUOTE]

Nearly every clearance game I buy is met with surprise and envy. The person in charge of the markdowns may know, but in my experience, the employees who would actually buy the game don't appear to know. At my store, games seem to magically appear *after* they hit the magic price point.

I almost creamed my pants when I saw a God of War CoO PSP bundle, Star wars BAttlefront 2 PSP bundle and a Jack & Daxter PSP bundle all sitting in a glass case at an out of the way Sears...alas I had then price checked and all three rang up at $199.00....

I did manage to find:

2 512 Memory Cards- One with Worms the other with Geometry Wars $1.97 each
Animal Crossing WW $19.97
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09 $9.97 :360:

Saw but did not buy:

:ps3:
NHL 09 $9.97
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $14.97

:360:
FIFA 09 $14.97

:wii:
Pikmin $9.97

any idea on the price of the star wars edition psp? i saw at the sears near me. i got a price check on it a few weeks ago, it scanned at 199.99

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Believe me, the employees know the prices long before we do, so if they want something it'll disappear to the magical back room till it hits their magic price probably.[/QUOTE]

You would think that, but more than once I've had an employee say to me "holy shit, is there another one of these over there?" after seeing the price ring up (I specifically remember it happening when I got the Rock Band bundle for $14.97 and when I got MGS4 for $19.97, so it's not even always for the best deals). So it seems that they're not all aware of it beforehand, and I'm sure that in those cases if I had walked out without actually buying the item, it would have been gone the next time I went back.

[quote name='darrenj']any idea on the price of the star wars edition psp? i saw at the sears near me. i got a price check on it a few weeks ago, it scanned at 199.99[/QUOTE]

Lol, that is a deal compared to what the new price is online ($300 and up).

some of those double packs contain some GS promo titles on the list (trade 2 in for mw2)

saw little league world series 2009, the conduit, and others for 360 and others i cant remember

do u think they randomly put 2 together????

[quote name='dachemists']some of those double packs contain some GS promo titles on the list (trade 2 in for mw2)

saw little league world series 2009, the conduit, and others for 360 and others i cant remember

do u think they randomly put 2 together????[/QUOTE]

Thing is, by the time you pay for the double pack and hope it has two games that work for the promo, you're ending up paying $50 total, so you're only saving $10 in the long run(if you're talking about the 'trade 2, get MW2 for $20' deal).

Not really that good of a deal, if you ask me, however it certainly beats driving all around to 5-10 Blockbuster stores looking for the POG's and wasting more in gas than it's worth.

Only complaint is on my iphone, the white text is nearly impossible to read on the clearance list. If possible to change the white text to something else that would be amazing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ahhh the smell of a new thread.....[/QUOTE]

Let's try to keep this one on topic, and uncluttered.:D

[quote name='SnotRocket']Only complaint is on my iphone, the white text is nearly impossible to read on the clearance list. If possible to change the white text to something else that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this a while back and it hasn't changed. The thread is useless on the iPhone because the default font color is being overridden to white. If it was left alone at it's regular greyish color it would work fine on the iPhone and would be translated automatically to black text.

Yes, you can view the non-iphone version, but it's annoying to have to do so for one thread on CAG, when everything else works perfectly. Plus it takes a lot longer to load in that format.

[quote name='SnotRocket']Only complaint is on my iphone, the white text is nearly impossible to read on the clearance list. If possible to change the white text to something else that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

I second this statement. :)

[quote name='daminion']I mentioned this a while back and it hasn't changed. The thread is useless on the iPhone because the default font color is being overridden to white. If it was left alone at it's regular greyish color it would work fine on the iPhone and would be translated automatically to black text.

Yes, you can view the non-iphone version, but it's annoying to have to do so for one thread on CAG, when everything else works perfectly. Plus it takes a lot longer to load in that format.[/QUOTE]

You know, instead of complaining about the color/size of a font, you could just do like a few of us do and write down(on actual paper) what you're looking for and just go from there.

Not all of us have iPhones(hell, I don't even have a damn cell phone) and most of us would prefer something we can read when we log onto this site from home as opposed to having to squint to see the grey text just to suit those with iPhones.

bread's done
Back