Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9885 replies to this topic

#8161 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

I can see it now. Black Friday type lines outside the store at 8am but they don't open till 10am. Everybody rushes in and grabs all gaming items off the shelf, run to the register just to find out it's all retail price.
Then the sales people don't know what to do cause they never get mobbed at black friday to begin with. :)

Everyone reporting in have had mixed results. There's no evidence that there is any Sears sale/discounting tomorrow and if there was that it would be nationwide. I can practically guarantee it won't be anywhere near me cause I don't have that luck.

So stay the hell away from any Sears in Ohio. You're wasting your time.;)

Edit: The employees would have to be idiots (or broke) to not buy/hide any good clearance to begin with. Anybody in electronics should know that if stuff is 90% you'd be able to flip it for profit somewhere or atleast hook up family/friends. Everybody gets Xbox 360's for xmas, including the family dog!

#8162 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

I can see it now. Black Friday type lines outside the store at 8am but they don't open till 10am. Everybody rushes in and grabs all gaming items off the shelf, run to the register just to find out it's all retail price.
Then the sales people don't know what to do cause they never get mobbed at black friday to begin with. :)

Everyone reporting in have had mixed results. There's no evidence that there is any Sears sale/discounting tomorrow and if there was that it would be nationwide. I can practically guarantee it won't be anywhere near me cause I don't have that luck.

So stay the hell away from any Sears in Ohio. You're wasting your time.;)

Edit: The employees would have to be idiots (or broke) to not buy/hide any good clearance to begin with. Anybody in electronics should know that if stuff is 90% you'd be able to flip it for profit somewhere or atleast hook up family/friends. Everybody gets Xbox 360's for xmas, including the family dog!

If this sale/clearance was going to be universal for once, then it might likely go by the standard clearance schedule for markdowns. That being the first Friday of the month, which would actually be September 7th since August 24st is this Friday. So it could possibly be 2 weeks from now for all we know.

Of course, knowing my luck they will drop everything tomorrow in the afternoon or evening sometime and I'll miss it completely.:roll: That's what happened when the did a blowout on most of the remaining older games that were clearanced. They put up a 75-80% off clearance sign on the dump bin and then one of the local game store owners and his one buddy cleaned them the Fuck out.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8163 maneo33

maneo33

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Can you order for in store pick up and tomorrow go in and either buy it or cancel?

#8164 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

I smell lots of disappointment and rage in this thread by the same time tomorrow.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8165 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

You pre buyers are the ones who almost screwed me over with best buy sale recently. How about we take our chances tomorrow by walking in and seeing if there is a sale? I mean black friday is around the corner..

#8166 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Can you order for in store pick up and tomorrow go in and either buy it or cancel?

No. These deals are strictly in store only, meaning you gotta go in and grab them and beat any crowds to get them.

Posted Image

#8167 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

I smell lots of disappointment and rage in this thread by the same time tomorrow.

Yeah. I predict there's gonna be a lot of people whose will skip the sale tomorrow morning because of the highly YMMV nature of it, only to find out that their stores did apply the discounts and everything sold out by noon.

Then we get to read them bitching about resellers/hoarders/flippers till Doomsday(or at least till a mod cleans it up). I'll be sitting here getting a lot of use out of THIS smiley(:roll:), that's for sure.;)

Posted Image

#8168 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yeah. I predict there's gonna be a lot of people whose will skip the sale tomorrow morning because of the highly YMMV nature of it, only to find out that their stores did apply the discounts and everything sold out by noon.

Then we get to read them bitching about resellers/hoarders/flippers till Doomsday(or at least till a mod cleans it up). I'll be sitting here getting a lot of use out of THIS smiley(:roll:), that's for sure.;)

Well if this is bs we can always fall back on this email toysrus sent me..

"The Great Trade-In! 25% Off the Biggest Brands in Baby Gear! Plus 2-Day Sale"

#8169 maneo33

maneo33

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Going to get new tires at sears tomorrow, just have to swing in to the store while I wait

#8170 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

Think its still worth a shot to go tomorrow morning. Kinda anxious to see what all the fuss is about!

#8171 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

Funny how all it takes is ONE guy with a picture of his receipt to get everyone worked up like its the Best Buy Blowout 2.0 thread. People have been getting extremely YMMV 50-75% off games for months now, but as soon as consoles enter the picture everyone is ready to camp out. Hope you guys aren't spending too much on gas to get to Sears tomorrow, or have really competent store managers.

Now, if this "nationwide clearance" was supposed to happen on 09/07 to follow the first Friday of the month pattern, or if was still pre-2011 Sears, it might be something to get excited over.

#8172 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Funny how all it takes is ONE guy with a picture of his receipt to get everyone worked up like its the Best Buy Blowout 2.0 thread. People have been getting extremely YMMV 50-75% off games for months now, but as soon as consoles enter the picture everyone is ready to camp out. Hope you guys aren't spending too much on gas to get to Sears tomorrow, or have really competent store managers.

Now, if this "nationwide clearance" was supposed to happen on 09/07 to follow the first Friday of the month pattern, or if was still pre-2011 Sears, it might be something to get excited over.

I just go with my family when they go out... So no wasted gas here!!!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#8173 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Sales like this are why I'm glad that the play area in the mall is right outside of Sears. Dragging my kids over just to run in and check sucks, but when they get to play for a bit it's not so bad. I'll definitely be heading over tomorrow because who knows? The deals some people are reporting are INSANE and definitely enough for me to round up the kids.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#8174 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

Checked a couple of Sears in the LA area tonight with no real luck. Hopefully things will go better in SD tomorrow morning.

#8175 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

forgot to mention, I did ask the employee if they were closing down and he said "no, we're just switching things up trying to focus more on other electronics while getting rid of most our video game stuff. We're only going to really focus on just like new releases"

#8176 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

forgot to mention, I did ask the employee if they were closing down and he said "no, we're just switching things up trying to focus more on other electronics while getting rid of most our video game stuff. We're only going to really focus on just like new releases"

The employee I talked to yesterday said they were going to be selling more PCs instead.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#8177 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

The employee I talked to yesterday said they were going to be selling more PCs instead.

Be an idiot to buy a pc from a place that may or may not be around in 2 years..

#8178 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

:applause:I used to love getting shit at 90% off and having the employees jaws just drop when every game I'd pick out of the case would ring up like $1-5. They wouldn't have been so shocked though if they did their job and marked the stuff when the markdowns came down.

But if they did that then I'd have had to buy stuff at 40-50% off more than likely.:-#

Posted Image

#8179 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Be an idiot to buy a pc from a place that may or may not be around in 2 years..

That's what I was thinking when I didn't pay attention to the touch screen PC that Kmart started selling a few years ago. It disappeared from the 1-2 stores here that had one on display without so much as even a mention on CAG of something like that hitting clearance.

I gotta wonder if they maybe stashed them in the back room and they're back there covered in dust. Now that would be a clearance score for the ages if you could get a $500-600 PC system for $50-60.;)

Posted Image

#8180 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

Which is probably why they are currently getting rid of alot of video game related stuff. They also were messing with plantagrams when I was there. My local one is either closing or getting ready for a change(and closing later lol)

#8181 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

That's what I was thinking when I didn't pay attention to the touch screen PC that Kmart started selling a few years ago. It disappeared from the 1-2 stores here that had one on display without so much as even a mention on CAG of something like that hitting clearance.

I gotta wonder if they maybe stashed them in the back room and they're back there covered in dust. Now that would be a clearance score for the ages if you could get a $500-600 PC system for $50-60.;)

You wouldn't find a clearance deal like that even if the world was about to end and it was black friday and xmas combined into one.

#8182 Kolgar

Kolgar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Well, the lady I spoke to on the phone today said she had ONE Xbox 360 250GB console back in the clearance area, and it was just $40. I don't know what store that was though because Sears' stupid phone system could have transferred me to any store in the U.S. When I got to my store, they had a bunch of stock all at regular price.

I have to think the prices are coming down. Why they're dropping at different times for different places, I don't know.

#8183 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

You wouldn't find a clearance deal like that even if the world was about to end and it was black friday and xmas combined into one.

Never say never. So far I've found a $50 PS2, a $15 PSone/LCD combo, shitloads of pennied game guides and so many other clearance deals since joining CAG. I also got a 60gb PS3(albeit opened and without a controller) for $40. So it can happen to get a good deal.;)

BEFORE I joined CAG I would routinely check the local Kmart stores for clearanced games and picked up tons of stuff there too.:razz:

So never say never.:booty:

Posted Image

#8184 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Never say never. So far I've found a $50 PS2, a $15 PSone/LCD combo, shitloads of pennied game guides and so many other clearance deals since joining CAG. I also got a 60gb PS3(albeit opened and without a controller) for $40. So it can happen to get a good deal.;)

BEFORE I joined CAG I would routinely check the local Kmart stores for clearanced games and picked up tons of stuff there too.:razz:

So never say never.:booty:

cool story brah

#8185 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

I remember my love of clearance happened when I bought Killzone 3 like new condition on amazon WITH amazon prime shipping for a penny.... I played it, beat it, all within a week and traded it to amazon for like $20 something in credit.

#8186 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

cool story brah

Thank you.;)

I remember my love of clearance happened when I bought Killzone 3 like new condition on amazon WITH amazon prime shipping for a penny.... I played it, beat it, all within a week and traded it to amazon for like $20 something in credit.

:bomb:Thanks for reminding me of the one truly insane deal I did NOT get in on.:-# That's what I get for watching tv on a Saturday night instead of surfing to CAG like usual.

Posted Image

#8187 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Well I had a chance that same day to get LA Noire for the same price but I forgot why I was an idiot and deleted it from my cart... IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT!!!!!! I mean its an awfully boring game but for a penny.... Who cares... WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT IN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

#8188 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Lol I remember that night, i was too busy watching some anime to refresh my CAG page, raged so hard after I saw what had went down.

Atleast i got in on a few of the other epic/short lived deals though....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8189 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hey do you have BF3 on PS3?

#8190 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Id gladly pay for anyone to pick me up some cheap clearance games. When at the store send me a list and well work a trade. I owe anyone who would do this alot.