Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9840 replies to this topic

#8851 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Crazy experience at Sears today. I go back to get :360:Darksiders since they gave me the 7000 SYWR points. I also wanted the Wii Play Motion bundle for $9.97 just for the black Wiimote. Anyways, I see a :ps3:Uncharted 3 and ask for a price check. Nothing comes up. Cashier asks one rep who says send it back to the manufacturer. Then he asks a manager who says "just give it to him for $5." I'm going to take this right across the parking lot to GS so I rip off the shrink wrap and what do I find? Well it's not a UC3 game disc. It's some used DVD. I take it back in and get a refund no questions asked.

#8852 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Second time Fear 3 rang up as $14.97 instead of $4.97. I see both systems mentioned as $4.97 in this thread. Oh well, lol. Was gonna buy it just because it was cheap.

Got the last Donkey Kong from a place that had a number of them. ...For whenever I get a Wii.

$9.97(marked and scanned) Donkey Kong Country Returns
$2.97(marked and scanned) Portal 2 PC (not a PC gamer, but hmmm...)

$6.xx after that free $7 from SYWR

Edited by ChunLiBarbie, 15 October 2012 - 03:33 AM.
Forgot to mention, they got around to marking DKCR correctly.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#8853 NineH

NineH

I </3 Brenda H

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well it's not a UC3 game disc. It's some used DVD. I take it back in and get a refund no questions asked.

You are lucky that the person who gave you the refund is competent. I mentioned earlier I bought a Dark Souls with a blank dvd inside. The employees told me I can't get a refund since it's opened. I had to argue with them for a good 10 minutes before they relented and I got store credit back instead of the cash I paid. At that point I figured that was the best I was going to get so I just accepted it. They wanted me to contact the manufacturer for the missing disc when I tried to argue that the responsibility was on them for selling me a stolen/not correct item. I wasn't going to waste my time on calling Bamco so at least they gave me something though I think I should have gotten my cash back.
SSBB FC: 4468-0666-6336

#8854 lostdecoy

lostdecoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Found 4 Wii Play Motion bundles at one sears but they scanned $42.97 :(
Posted Image

#8855 grecianfox

grecianfox

Ambulance Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Hit the Eastgate store in Cincinnati and landed

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Halo Reach

All were 9.97 and marked correctly with October tags (except Halo Reach which was still in the display case.)

#8856 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Stoppage Time GOOOOAAALL!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Hey @electricsleep and @MasaTFC. Nice to see other Pgh. CAGs on here pillaging our local Sears stores. If there was only some way we could all combine our powers for good and mutual benefit.

lol I hear ya on that! I can send a friend request on Live to help start the voltron process.

back on topic, went to 2 sears in south side of pitt, no mortal kombat:drool:

dood at south hills village said he sold that last two copies that morning! so whoever bought them, that was a jerk move! Had a vita with 32gb/att bundle for 299.99 though.

I did end up buying my gf (who was NOT thrilled at all about the whole trip) $480 worth of dresses for 19.96. So at least somebody was happy!

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#8857 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

I did end up buying my gf (who was NOT thrilled at all about the whole trip) $480 worth of dresses for 19.96. So at least somebody was happy!

Hopefully she was with you when you bought them or that would have been one very awkward transaction.:lol:;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8858 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Found 4 Wii Play Motion bundles at one sears but they scanned $42.97 :(

Same here. My sears has 2 Wii Play Motion Bundle, but they scanned $42.97 and 5 Donkey Kong Returns, but they scanned $29.97.
Lakers for Life!

#8859 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Picked up a copy of :ps3:Portal 2. I really wanted it for :360:. If anyone has the :360: and wants to trade for my :ps3: version, PM me.

#8860 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

The PS3 one comes with a Steam code for the PC version, if that's any incentive for you to keep it.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#8861 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I got the 7000 points email too. I ended up getting :ps3: Need for Speed: Shift 2 which was marked down to 9.97, so after the points applied it was a couple bucks and change. This was at the Sears at Ingram Park Mall. :ps3: Deus Ex (4.97) was cleared out, or I would've gotten that. They also had :360: Crysis 2 for 9.97 but I already have that. I didn't notice any Move bundles left, so getting one last month at $30 when there were only two left was the right move.

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#8862 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Went to the Sears at Baybrook Mall in Houston.

Was a bit disappointed on the Nintendo front as 1 DKCR was showing in the computer but it wasn't there. Also, no Star Fox or Resident Evil for the 3DS and there was a Splinter Cell and Zelda: OOT but they were ringing up for $20/$30. No Mario Party DS or Mario Sports Mix either.

Had better luck with the PS3. No Call of Duty or Portal 2 or any of the "highly desirable" stuff but I did pick up 3 games I didn't have for $9.97: GH Uncharted 2 GotY Ed, Crysis 2 LE, and Infamous 2. There were still copies left of Uncharted and Crysis. Don't remember if that was the last copy of Infamous 2. I also checked a few other things hoping to pick up items on the cheap but I had no luck: Little Big Planet GotY, Dragon Age 2, and some other stuff I forgot as I didn't get lucky on any of it.

Also picked up a 30 pack of CDRs for $2.97 and I was happy as I had been looking for a small, cheap quantity of those.

SI

#8863 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

9.97 would be worth a drive to my Sears for DKCR, except when I was there a week or two ago, they'd already been picked over pretty good.

Alas.

#8864 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm jealous of the CAGs on here posting great finds like SSBB and DCKR well over a week after the drop. I checked three Sears in my area the day of the drop before it was really well known here and I still missed out on the top tier pickings. Of course I know my Sears have been proactive in tagging as of late, but there has to be some closet CAGs and / or lurkers in the Phoenix / East Valley area that come in on Friday as the store opens to get the best deals.

Ranting and jealousy aside, I did get the $5 free email, going to see what's left in one of the stores to turn a good deal.

#8865 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Google shopping is a lie! One store near my daughters school showed nadda online instore plus 30% off picked up

Mario sports mix wii $4.97
Professor Layton and the last spector ds $4.97
Homefront ps3 $2.97
Perfect Dark Zero $1.97

Prices before discount was a sweet find with sywr cert $5 out the door :)
Posted Image

#8866 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

CAG must have hit up my nearest store, 5 copies of Black Ops for PS3 gone in less than a day lol. I grabbed another for myself.

Also saw 3 of those PS Move bundles for 24.99, would have bit but I already have the Sharpshooter Bundle which I have literally played twice in the span of a year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8867 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Alright, the gaming gods apparently are against me getting these games: SSBB, Mario Sports Mix, DKCR, Mario Kart w/wheel, Mario Party DS. I have been to many Sears stores and none of them had these games! I keep finding DQMJ2 & PL Last Specter along with the rest of the meh games. I did manage to find Ghostbusters PSP for $1.97.

I have been to Frackville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, York, Exton, Matamoras, Moosic, Dickson City, Pittston, Wilkes Barre & probably a couple more in PA. And Middletown, Newburgh, Nanuet, Paramus, Dover, Wayne, Philipsburg in NY/NJ. Can anyone help me out with any of these games?? I have a lot of stuff to trade, please PM me if you can help me out. Sorry for the rant but I covered a lot of ground & I'm officially frustrated!!!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#8868 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Alright, the gaming gods apparently are against me getting these games: SSBB, Mario Sports Mix, DKCR, Mario Kart w/wheel, Mario Party DS. I have been to many Sears stores and none of them had these games! I keep finding DQMJ2 & PL Last Specter along with the rest of the meh games. I did manage to find Ghostbusters PSP for $1.97.

I have been to Frackville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, York, Exton, Matamoras, Moosic, Dickson City, Pittston, Wilkes Barre & probably a couple more in PA. And Middletown, Newburgh, Nanuet, Paramus, Dover, Wayne, Philipsburg in NY/NJ. Can anyone help me out with any of these games?? I have a lot of stuff to trade, please PM me if you can help me out. Sorry for the rant but I covered a lot of ground & I'm officially frustrated!!!

How the Fuck do you afford all of these trips?!?!?!?! I mean Jesus H. Fuckin' Christ. I certainly hope if you have hit all of these stores that you aren't clearing out everything else clearance that may have been there.

FFS Jeff. Please leave something for us locals and stay up in Milford. :razz:

Posted Image

#8869 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hey @electricsleep and @MasaTFC. Nice to see other Pgh. CAGs on here pillaging our local Sears stores. If there was only some way we could all combine our powers for good and mutual benefit.

Definitely, I'm down to help out fellow CAGs. I'm close to the Mills and I'm about 20 minutes away from Monroeville and McKnight. I usually hit up the Mills once a month and the other 2 every couple months. Let me know if you're looking for anything and I can keep an eye out. That would kick ass if you are in the South Hills because I never check any of the Sears or Kmarts out that way.

#8870 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I go on vacation and miss one of the few clearances... If anyone is willing to help out it'd be appreciated. Mainly looking for Mario Sports Mix and RE 3DS. Thanks.

#8871 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

How the Fuck do you afford all of these trips?!?!?!?! I mean Jesus H. Fuckin' Christ. I certainly hope if you have hit all of these stores that you aren't clearing out everything else clearance that may have been there.

I can't speak for him but when I had a job where I drove 40K miles a year, I had KC for about a 100 mile radius covered. I mean, you didn't know what direction you were headed in any given day but within 2 weeks, you'd have gone every which way.

SI

#8872 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

I can't speak for him but when I had a job where I drove 40K miles a year, I had KC for about a 100 mile radius covered. I mean, you didn't know what direction you were headed in any given day but within 2 weeks, you'd have gone every which way.

SI

That sounds like me when I was going outta town for work with a car dealer I was driving cars to auctions for. A lot of times he'd just be using one of his vehicles to get us there and then hand me the keys and say go to the mall or whatever.

I know most of the side roads and back roads around Syracuse(NY), Elmira/Horseheads/Ithaca(NY) and parts of south eastern and south central PA better than I know my own area from exploring when we went to the various auctions.

Posted Image

#8873 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

I would like to thank Sears and ... and ... for a VERY fun spree!!!!!!!!:applause::D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#8874 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hopefully she was with you when you bought them or that would have been one very awkward transaction.:lol:;)

lol, yea that could have been! but she was and it was kind of a "thanks for putting up with my shit" thing.

I always get that feeling if I go buy her stuff though. the worst has been when I had to return a bra I bought her last valentines day lol. after that experience, I made an executive decision to let her take whatever it is back and pick something out herself.;)

#8875 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Definitely, I'm down to help out fellow CAGs. I'm close to the Mills and I'm about 20 minutes away from Monroeville and McKnight. I usually hit up the Mills once a month and the other 2 every couple months. Let me know if you're looking for anything and I can keep an eye out. That would kick ass if you are in the South Hills because I never check any of the Sears or Kmarts out that way.

my gf (who is from jacksonville florida) always jokes that to get anywhere in pittsburgh, ya have to drive 20 minutes:lol:

judging by the distance to those stores, i am going to guess you live on the east side (like me!) or in shaler township. I can check the south hills for ya, I tend to have the best luck in those two sears. did you find anything in monroeville in the last week? In all the running around i did this weekend, I didn't even go to the closest one to my house:drool:

#8876 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Don't worry, I was only really looking for the games I mentioned. Yeah I picked up a few games here & there just to make it worthwhile but I didn't clear anything out. I also did not make a special gaming run, I hit these stores because I happened to be in the areas doing other stuff. I hit up some Kmarts too but those were pretty much a waste of time :roll:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#8877 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Don't worry, I was only really looking for the games I mentioned. Yeah I picked up a few games here & there just to make it worthwhile but I didn't clear anything out. I also did not make a special gaming run, I hit these stores because I happened to be in the areas doing other stuff. I hit up some Kmarts too but those were pretty much a waste of time :roll:

Yeah. The Kmart up in DC has been a waste for a while now. The only redeeming thing they had were the PS EYE's and PS3 chatpads, both of which were out of the system. So they put them back in at $4 and $5 each. I only grabbed one EYE and one chatpad from there. They had 2-3 of each left when I left them a week or so ago. So since then someone else came through and bought them all.

Same thing with that last Kmart I showed you between here and WB. They had 3-4 of each last month, all gone this month. :bomb:

That's why I ended up using my free $5 SYWR points on Reese's mini pb cups and a transformer to hook up my old antennas to my HDtv with.

Posted Image

#8878 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I always get that feeling if I go buy her stuff though. the worst has been when I had to return a bra I bought her last valentines day lol. after that experience, I made an executive decision to let her take whatever it is back and pick something out herself.;)

I don't see any reason for it to be awkward at all. I mean, the worst that could happen is that someone might think you're a crossdresser. Just wait until you get married and you have to stock up on tampons, tabloids, douches, or whatever the hell she needs.

#8879 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

he bought a big ass bra, wishful thinking

#8880 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't see any reason for it to be awkward at all. I mean, the worst that could happen is that someone might think you're a crossdresser. Just wait until you get married and you have to stock up on tampons, tabloids, douches, or whatever the hell she needs.

This right here is why I normally prefer older women, so at least all of those potential shopping list items are gone.;):-#

Posted Image