Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9840 replies to this topic

#1051 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Found a Metroid Prime Trilogy for 19.97 and a Fallout GOTY PS3 for 29.97, figured I might as well since I still have 3 of the DLC packs to buy anyway.

They also had Wolfenstein and Transformers 2 for PS3, and Viva Pinata for 9.97 among the clearance.

#1052 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

Found the last mpt and ngs2 at my store. Finally, something decent for a change.

#1053 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

Sears is always ransacked.

you might just be a little rusty these days

#1054 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Any word, signs, or hints that the 360 version of Fallout GOTY may be dropping in the near future as well?

#1055 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

Confirmation of the following:
Disney Grooves (with 2 mats) - $29.97

These are actually getting hard-to-find, and although I don't think this is typical, here's an ebay example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...mes_Accessories

#1056 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Saw Lips but it rang up for $49.99

#1057 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

These are actually getting hard-to-find, and although I don't think this is typical, here's an ebay example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...mes_Accessories

Wow what the hell? I see these things everywhere hah.

Also, I'm compiling a big list of barcodes (of games) to scan tomorrow, if anyone has anything they want an updated price on just post/pm me :)

#1058 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

Do these price drops affect all sears or they do it at different times? I've been going to my local sears and they haven't done and drops that i see on the games yet. The games are still the same price i've been seeing for months now. Although about a month ago i asked for price check and the guy insisted the prices are what they're marked and it turned out that all of them were the prices marked. I don't wanna come in every week and ask for price checks. So what's a good time to check up the price again?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#1059 NipPicker

NipPicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

holy crap .. i saw like 7 of those DDR near me

#1060 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

ferant, do you know how or when the PSP bundles clearance? Are the stores notified by Sony directly? The Sears I went to today literally had 25 PSP bundles in stock of all kinds...Madden 09; Hannah Montana; Gran Turismo; Star Wars, God Of War & Jak & Daxter

#1061 gnatforeva

gnatforeva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Do these price drops affect all sears or they do it at different times? I've been going to my local sears and they haven't done and drops that i see on the games yet. The games are still the same price i've been seeing for months now. Although about a month ago i asked for price check and the guy insisted the prices are what they're marked and it turned out that all of them were the prices marked. I don't wanna come in every week and ask for price checks. So what's a good time to check up the price again?

Everything is YMMV, one sears can be completely different from another. The only thing that seems to be relatively consistent is the day of drops. Your sears may take months to actually mark the correct prices, and by then the games you want may be gone. I suggest that you insist on a price check, if the employee still gives you trouble, I've told them that I have a friend that works at sears and I was told that the game's price has dropped, or you can ask to see a manager (since it is there job to give you a price check) and that will usually convince them.
Posted Image

#1062 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Thanks, i'm trying to score some below $10 games and i think the only thing that will prevent anyone from buying em at the moment is not have any price check till the last minute possible when it's low. Or else the employees might bite before i do. I have a feeling some of these are currently lower than they are because last time i bought tiger woods 09 it was at 9.97. However there were other copies marked 29.99 so i KNOW my sears aren't consistent with their markings. I'll just wait till april to price check again and visit every week till then to see if they mark it down. Thanks.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#1063 Wheeliedude

Wheeliedude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

Couldn't find MadWorld nor Fallout 3 at my local Sears.
Lips rang up at $50.

#1064 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

Picked up Tony Hawk's Proving Ground PS3 for $2.97. Probably not worth any more than that, so why not?

Also, had the guy scan FNR3 and it still rang up $19.97, not the $2.97 mentioned earlier. Thought it was worth a shot.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#1065 Tedd1283

Tedd1283

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

Just picked up Fallout GOTY edition for PS3 for $19.99 at Hagerstown, Md Sears.

#1066 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

I found another clearance game:

Cake Mania 3:ds:-$14.97

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1067 sonicemerald

sonicemerald

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:10 AM

Today I found Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Wet, Wolfenstein and Fallout 3:GOTY for 19.97, Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds and Stuntman Ignition for 2.97. I scanned Tony Hawks Project 8 to find it was $29.99 still. I also had him scan Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and that rang up 29.97 (I think that's a clearance price?)

Had a horrible time though. I asked the guy to pull out a copy of Animal Crossing WW and Super Mario DS
because I figured they might be on sale. They were not, so this guys gets annoyed and doesn't allow me to check any of the other games. I asked him what the price of Sigma 2 was and he's like ... "uhh that just came out so its $60." and for Proving Grounds he went to the sears website and showed me a $40 price tag. I then decided to go downstairs to a price scanner with my iphone with the sigma upc code and found out that it wouldn't scan it, but the guy in the cashier place told me he'd check it for me. It rang up 19.97, and Tony Hawk rang up the correct price (2.97) as well.

I decided to go back up there, and found another guy wiling to help. He was actually more than willing, I felt bad because I had him come to the glass a 3 or 4 times... I found Wet, and Wolfenstein for the ps3 on sale for 19.97 as well. 2GB Wii SD Cards were the normal 19.99 (I thought there was a sale?)

Could not find: Madworld, nor did I see any lips or whatever (BTW, what the heck is up with that anyway? Almost half this thread seem elated that they found a Singstar or Lips bundle....)

Edit: This was at the Santa Rosa, CA Sears.

#1068 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:19 AM

I found another clearance game:

Cake Mania 3:ds:-$14.97

hmmm, not sure that is really a clearance price??? lol

#1069 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:21 AM

Could not find: Madworld, nor did I see any lips or whatever (BTW, what the heck is up with that anyway? Almost half this thread seem elated that they found a Singstar or Lips bundle....)

Finding clearance games with accessories are harder to come by and those two games are pretty sought after especially Lips for its wireless mics.

#1070 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Had a horrible time though. I asked the guy to pull out a copy of Animal Crossing WW and Super Mario DS
because I figured they might be on sale. They were not, so this guys gets annoyed and doesn't allow me to check any of the other games. I asked him what the price of Sigma 2 was and he's like ... "uhh that just came out so its $60."

Yup. I had a similar experience at one store. This is why I hate having many of the clearance games under lock-and-key. One employee kept giving me huge sighs and saying, "That's the price. Right there, sir," and pointing at the price tag like I'm a moron. Even when he rang up two of the clearanced $20 titles, he acted like it was a fluke and didn't want to check any others for me.

I never, ever like going through an employee to get a clearance game.

#1071 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

Checked out the Jersey City store the other day, and they had a bunch of clearance stuff out in the cardboard displays. It was mostly the EA Sports games from last year, but hell, for $2-$3, you can't go wrong, right? They also had some copies of Stuntman for $3, I think. Enjoy my Hudson County CAGs!

#1072 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yup. I had a similar experience at one store. This is why I hate having many of the clearance games under lock-and-key. One employee kept giving me huge sighs and saying, "That's the price. Right there, sir," and pointing at the price tag like I'm a moron. Even when he rang up two of the clearanced $20 titles, he acted like it was a fluke and didn't want to check any others for me.

I never, ever like going through an employee to get a clearance game.

Having to ask them doesn't exactly thrill me either, but in reality its their job and they can give you all the sass they want its not going to get them out of it.

If they refuse just ask for a manager.

#1073 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Today I found Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Wet, Wolfenstein and Fallout 3:GOTY for 19.97, Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds and Stuntman Ignition for 2.97. I scanned Tony Hawks Project 8 to find it was $29.99 still. I also had him scan Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and that rang up 29.97 (I think that's a clearance price?)

because I figured they might be on sale. They were not, so this guys gets annoyed and doesn't allow me to check any of the other games. I asked him what the price of Sigma 2 was and he's like ... "uhh that just came out so its $60." and for Proving Grounds he went to the sears website and showed me a $40 price tag. I then decided to go downstairs to a price scanner with my iphone with the sigma upc code and found out that it wouldn't scan it, but the guy in the cashier place told me he'd check it for me. It rang up 19.97, and Tony Hawk rang up the correct price (2.97) as well.

It's their damn job to help you. HAHA. what an idiot. i would have found his manager and given him hell.

#1074 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

You have to wonder why some employees give you a hard time, especially when I've never seen a busy SEARS store.

At my local SEARS there are no price scanners so you have to go through the employees. Fortunately, they don't give me a problem.

#1075 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

You have to wonder why some employees give you a hard time, especially when I've never seen a busy SEARS store.

At my local SEARS there are no price scanners so you have to go through the employees. Fortunately, they don't give me a problem.

Because they've gotten so accustomed to getting paid for literally doing nothing in the electronics dept that something as simple as the act of speaking to them itself becomes an effort. So much so that the line between menial tasks and personal sacrifice blurs.

Classic case of retail martyrdom syndrome. Quite common in this age

#1076 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Because they've gotten so accustomed to getting paid for literally doing nothing in the electronics dept that something as simple as the act of speaking to them itself becomes an effort. So much so that the line between menial tasks and personal sacrifice blurs.

Classic case of retail martyrdom syndrome. Quite common in this age

I'm pretty sure the people in electronics at Sears are commission based employees, so it behooves them to go after people looking at televisions, rather than scanning dozens of games for CAG. Which is why I bring my barcode printout :) (sucks for those without the do it yourself scanners).

#1077 stew560

stew560

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Seaview Square Sears in Ocean Twp. NJ had Wolfenstein for $19.97. Was looking for Fallout 3 GOTY, but it scanned at $29.97.

#1078 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'm pretty sure the people in electronics at Sears are commission based employees, so it behooves them to go after people looking at televisions, rather than scanning dozens of games for CAG. Which is why I bring my barcode printout :) (sucks for those without the do it yourself scanners).

I prefer my colourful explanation. In truth its probably a mixture of both.

#1079 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

Is the $2.97 Stuntman Ignition for PS3, 360 or both?
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#1080 NineH

NineH

I </3 Brenda H

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

In the sears I went to, the games under glass were stacked in such a way that you can't see half the titles since they are covered by the ones in front of them. I asked an employee if he can open the case so I can look at the ones that are obscured but he said he couldn't do that unless I was going to buy something and then he added they were all the same as those in front of them.

Based on the above responses, I shouldn't have been surprised at his laziness.
SSBB FC: 4468-0666-6336