Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9886 replies to this topic

#2041 gnatforeva

gnatforeva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Why does the flipping talk need to be removed?

This is CheapAssGamer, not CheapAssMoneyMaker, though that might be a good name for a spinoff site. Agreed, leave the thread for game finds and prices for those of us that actually want games for ourselves. Discussing reasons to flip will only make it harder for everyone.

Anyway, struck out at one sears yesterday, but managed to find the last copy of Singstar Vol 2 at 4.97. Also grabbed a Viva Pinata for the hell of it for the collection at 2.97.
Posted Image

#2042 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

You've never worked retail have you?

Judging by the way a lot of people in this thread seem to act in stores, this applies to most of them. And they wonder why people in retail hate their job.

#2043 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Judging by the way a lot of people in this thread seem to act in stores, this applies to most of them. And they wonder why people in retail hate their job.

I figure it has a lot more to do with the shitty pay. the girl at my Sears was selling a TV to a guy and she told me she only got 1% commission on it.

Edited by typical guy, 13 May 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#2044 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

If I had my way, everyone would have to work at least one job in retail sales, fast food, or telemarketing (I've done all three, in a span of about a year). It would make for a more civil society if we'd all have that experience and remember what it was like.

My wife would add waitress/waiter to that list (the one shitty job I didnt have).
Posted Image

#2045 TheYung1

TheYung1

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

When will the next price drops occur?

#2046 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

When it occurs.

If I had my way, everyone would have to work at least one job in retail sales, fast food, or telemarketing (I've done all three, in a span of about a year). It would make for a more civil society if we'd all have that experience and remember what it was like.

My wife would add waitress/waiter to that list (the one shitty job I didnt have).

In high school/college I had busboy/retail/telemarketer. All three suck. Although retail is sometimes ok cause you get to flirt with all the girls who are working that same shitty job with you.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2047 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

next month.

#2048 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Red Bull DS (x2) - $ .47
Imagine Family Doctor DS - $.97
Loco Roco 2 (PSP) - $4.97

Posted Image

#2049 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheCheapestGamer
I went to the other local Sears store by me tonight. They have two copies of TNA Impact for Wii($3 TIV @ GS, btw)which I bought and then returned about 30 minutes later.

Anyone know why some of the games have the STING DVD and some dont... picked up 2 copies with the STING DVD just for the DVD have no use for the game :)
WOOOO I STINK

#2050 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

i scanned red bull ds today, came up to $9.97 #-o

#2051 warmsignal

warmsignal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

Is Loco Roco 2 for $4.97 a good deal?

And, what are the chances the one copy of Banjo they have will ring up for anything less than $19.99?

#2052 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Anyone know why some of the games have the STING DVD and some dont... picked up 2 copies with the STING DVD just for the DVD have no use for the game :)

That's why I didn't keep either copy, since I had no way of knowing if they came with the DVD or not. Although the back of each case DID have a little circle on it that said 'Crossing The Line' and I think that was the name of the DVD in some copies, right?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2053 warmsignal

warmsignal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

i scanned red bull ds today, came up to $9.97 #-o

It's $5.00 at GS, I do believe. New, that is.

#2054 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

please do not talk about flipping the games to X store or to Y website.

i'll have to alter the op and add this. im getting messages from newbs about flipping these games #-o

from now on all talk about flipping games will be removed from the thread. you guys can talk about flipping games on other threads.

Sorry bout that. Although it speaks to the mentality of the newbs to only want the info to flip and not to even get the games for their own personal use.:roll:

Then again that's been my MO for a while now too many times.

Posted Image

#2055 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

I'd have to agree that flipping should be left out of this thread. those newbs who screw everyone over just to try to make a buck while the ones who really want the game can't get them thanks to them. shame shame shame! :shame:
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#2056 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

I wonder when Gamestop Corperate is gonna catch on about Imagine doctor XD. Was talking to a manager earlier today and he said they had gotten like 15ish copies in just 2 days and that they were gonna stop accepting them

I'm surprised it took them that long to realize it.

#2057 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

I went to the other local Sears store by me tonight. They have two copies of TNA Impact for Wii($3 TIV @ GS, btw)which I bought and then returned about 30 minutes later.

Other than that, they had one copy of WET(PS3), Dirt 2(PS3), two copies of Wolfenstein(PS3) and various other odds and ends.

Lucky for me when I worked retail I never worked at a register, so I never had the opportunity to have that happen to me.

son of a gun i've been looking for wolfenstein :ps3: at three different stores and no one has them they appear to be fruitful elsewhere :-(

#2058 2nahelper

2nahelper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

Went to a different Sears, and had the nicest women help me. There were 2 bins of $29.99 and under games, and they were pricing everything with current prices. They offered to go to the register and scan anything I needed. Better than that, they showed me their price drop sheets, so I knew exactly what they had. They were like, this dropped $2.00, this one is $10.00 off!!! My niece will hopefully enjoy the copy of Imagine Family Doctor I got for her birthday. Most helpful Sears employees EVER!!!

#2059 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

It's $5.00 at GS, I do believe. New, that is.

I don't think anyone actually wants the game. They just want to say they got a DS game for 47 cents.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2060 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

They just want to say they got a DS game for 47 cents.

Hell, I didn't even want that. I just needed a replacement DS case.

#2061 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

That's why I didn't keep either copy, since I had no way of knowing if they came with the DVD or not. Although the back of each case DID have a little circle on it that said 'Crossing The Line' and I think that was the name of the DVD in some copies, right?

the ones that have the DVD in it says in the left hand corner

EXCLUSIVE
BONUS STING DVD INCLUDED
4 hours of total NON STOP ACTION

I grabbed the only 2 copies they had with the DVD cause i can use them as 4 gifts ...

2 gifts for the TNA wii games and 2 gifts as the STING DVD

the DVD is called

STING TNA RETURN OF AN ICON

http://www.amazon.co...73790878&sr=8-2

I have no idea why some of them have the DVD and some dont ??

i picked up my copies of redbull as 1 copy i want to play and 2 copies i needed new cases
WOOOO I STINK

#2062 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

son of a gun i've been looking for wolfenstein :ps3: at three different stores and no one has them they appear to be fruitful elsewhere :-(

I see you're in Southern CA, if you happen to be down Orange County way, the Sears at Laguna Hills mall had several copies of Wolfenstein yesterday.
None of the stuff I wanted, but plenty of that.

#2063 gnatforeva

gnatforeva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Went to a different Sears, and had the nicest women help me. There were 2 bins of $29.99 and under games, and they were pricing everything with current prices. They offered to go to the register and scan anything I needed. Better than that, they showed me their price drop sheets, so I knew exactly what they had. They were like, this dropped $2.00, this one is $10.00 off!!! My niece will hopefully enjoy the copy of Imagine Family Doctor I got for her birthday. Most helpful Sears employees EVER!!!

One of the sears I went to this week has someone doing the same, but obviously wanted some of the items for himself, so the price list was not shared. Read anything new off that list that was not yet posted?
Posted Image

#2064 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

That's why I was going to ask if anyone wanted me to pick up games they might not see in their own area for them if I found a copy(or nine), but I held off since I didn't know what my local stores still had and I remember the mess that happened the last time I offered to help out for cost+shipping(people telling me to send games Media with NO DC and that shipping should only cost $2 a game blah blah blah blah blah).

Posted Image

#2065 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:27 AM

That's why I was going to ask if anyone wanted me to pick up games they might not see in their own area for them if I found a copy(or nine), but I held off since I didn't know what my local stores still had and I remember the mess that happened the last time I offered to help out for cost+shipping(people telling me to send games Media with NO DC and that shipping should only cost $2 a game blah blah blah blah blah).

Any Wet (PS3) in your area?

#2066 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:10 AM

I see you're in Southern CA, if you happen to be down Orange County way, the Sears at Laguna Hills mall had several copies of Wolfenstein yesterday.
None of the stuff I wanted, but plenty of that.

aww damn i'm in the 626 area that's a bit far for me thank you very much for the heads up. If i only lived closer haha... thanks again!!!!

Edited by gxer2002, 15 May 2010 - 01:37 AM.

#2067 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

Any Wet (PS3) in your area?

Yeah. The store I was at the other day had at least one copy of it in stock.

Posted Image

#2068 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:19 AM

hehehe.. i will ask the next time around and i'm pretty much hassle free when it comes to that shipping is actually like 3 something or below at least thats what it cost me when i trade my games with people/

#2069 tinman_licks

tinman_licks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

Yay, finally found steelcase Metroid Prime trilogy for 10 bucks. Got 2 in fact. Goes straight into my collection

#2070 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

hehehe.. i will ask the next time around and i'm pretty much hassle free when it comes to that shipping is actually like 3 something or below at least thats what it cost me when i trade my games with people/

After that one hassle where the one game got stuck for over a week I rarely send a game anything but Priority anymore.:D

But even when I was sending first class it still cost me closer to $4 or so cuz I go to the post office to mail out.:razz:

One of the bad parts of 1)not taking Paypal at all and 2) not having a printer to print up postage from home.

Posted Image